• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
Got a dupe Sothe on my free summon. Guess I shouldn't complain but this is the 5th or 6th off-banner colorless I've pulled since my last focus unit. Really salty!

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the luck like some of you here.. but I got my Hinoka after 120 orbs, pretty satisfied right now.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got s Sothe...5* on my free pull lol. At least the fake 5* was on a free pull and not a pity breaker. Sothe has nothing good for fodder at 5* (that he doesn't have at 4*) so guess I'll keep him to farm HM.
F!Kana is definitely the one getting demoted seeing Shigure stats spread.
Kaze sucks, we will probably get him in a delayed TT like NY!Corrin.
While I don't agree with your wording (implying someone has to go down) I do agree that Kana is going to be a 4*.

You're right about Shig's stat spread so he could possibly stay a 5*, but he doesn't have any "5* skills" so I can still see him being a 4* as well.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Nanna has been demoted ... i just got her with my free pull.

Checked Hinokinshis stats on Gamepress ... super bane in Def and Res.

IS, you dudettes and dudes are devilish fiends.

Last edited:

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't had one of the Focus characters for over 2 months now, it's really quite annoying as there's been a lot that I've wanted.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think i'll give my Elise that Restore+ from Nanna, i mainly user her in a horse emblem team running Hone/Fortify, so the penalty removal might come in handy. I'll miss out on the +10 Atk for Recover+, but that's somehow recovered by the horse buffs.

Octagon

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
So how did everyone like the new story chapter?
I was surprised to see Veronica again and felt sorry for her.
Also I really dig those ice backgrounds, especially the one of the last map.

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
Just found out my newly pulled Hinoka is -hp +spd. Welp, time to do some serious investment.

I do want to keep her prf weapon, and it seems her atk is not high enough so she needs the follow-up attack to finish off popular armored units, whereas her paper thin defense leaves her open to get one-shot by the counter attack... that's not gonna work out is it? Any solution to make her a better armor killer?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm about 80 orbs I was pity broken twice by Takumi, which isn't bad. Finally got Hinoka but she's +DEF -ATK, which is the same IV I've had for my last three focus units. Sucks but at least I have her. Back to hoarding

Last edited:

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky for once and pulled Hinoka within 9 orbs! +Res/-Def too, which ain't bad.

Also, Brazen Def/Res is gonna be nuts on boy Kana. Dude's extremely tanky.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So how did everyone like the new story chapter?
I was surprised to see Veronica again and felt sorry for her.
Also I really dig those ice backgrounds, especially the one of the last map.

Feels like IS is speeding up the story. Also curious what's going to happen to the still missing Laegjarn, Laevatein and with Veronica ... can't say that Not-Ganon should have any real "allies" left after the last two chapters.

Laegjarn for Legendary Banner April! ^^ (Not a spoiler! Wishful thinking.)

Just found out my newly pulled Hinoka is -hp +spd. Welp, time to do some serious investment.

I do want to keep her prf weapon, and it seems her atk is not high enough so she needs the follow-up attack to finish off popular armored units, whereas her paper thin defense leaves her open to get one-shot by the counter attack... that's not gonna work out is it? Any solution to make her a better armor killer?

Imo that's the perfect IV for any build without Brave Bow.

Since she needs to double, both Windsweep and Watersweep are out of the question, Firesweep Bow means losing the armor effectiveness and 3 Spd.
So Desperation might be in the play, but that does limit the synergy of her default skills. Give her Moonbow instead of Luna that you have the special ready faster.

Honestly, she should work in both, Goad and Hone/Fortify teams, with those buffs and her default A-skill she might just deal with sturdy armors well enough, as long as they're not having Wary Fighter equipped.
But that would also mean no double counter, outside of Hectors all-breaker build ... maybe her Def and HP are enough to survive a single counter-blow.

She's very much intended to be played more carefully, and not brute-forcing like for example the Bladetome fliers are. ^^

Also, for what it's worth, while doing the story mission, i had to use my armor emblem team for her first map due to the quest, and she dealt easily with my Vector, Tharmor, Hardin (Brazen Def/Res not active, full HP) and had only trouble with Frankenjakob. ^^

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
pulled a neutral hinoka in 9 orbs. not bad. still got 170 orbs for whatever comes up next week

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is Hinoka riding?

It's a Kinshi. Hinoka's alt is based off of the Kinshi Knight class in Fates.

latest

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
I had never experienced true colorless hell and I'll never be the same after this

• Got pity broken by Faye (which would be fine if I had anyone to give Firesweep Bow+ to, but I don't. I mean I might have now since I got like 800 Setsunas)
  • I can build a hospital with the amount of healers I got
  • Finally got Hinoka after a shameful amount of orbs
  • Of course she's +Res/-Spd

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh Palas, the true colorless hell was not only getting one 3* Wrys after another, it was also getting a 5* Jakob, or 5* Sakura, or Jorge as a pity breaker ... before the changes to the availability and before units like Hinokinshi and 4* LnD 3 erhm i mean Sothe. ^^

Worst thing that could happen now is that you really pull a 5* Mist. ^^

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Come to think of it, I wouldn't really mind a 5* Mist aaaaaall that much as I don't have one, I kinda need another 5* staff for AA but I'm definitely not promoting one from my 4* ranks because I need the feathers for other units

As for the story,

Please don't die Veronica :(((((

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Got an army of Serras.
She's my personal curse.
Also got a Jaffar, +spd/-res. Don't really know what to do with him.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So then:

With Gunnthra dead, and Fjorm marked for death, does this kinda mean that all legendary heroes are resurrections or Einherjar of dead heroes?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
-HP/+Def Kana on the 1st green orb I got. I'll take it, even with a superbane.

Story stuff

Fjorm gonna die. Wonder if someone (Xander/Bruno/Veronica alts maybe, or an actual Avatar unit) will get landed with the ice spear they're mentioning as a legendary hero though.

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
I have a theory regarding why IS suddenly remembers Veronica exists after her being absent from the story for centuries.

CYL2 units are imminent.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Watch him swoop in in the final chapter to either do something about the ritual or to finish Surtr off.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have a theory regarding why IS suddenly remembers Veronica exists after her being absent from the story for centuries.

CYL2 units are imminent.

I'm not sure about that. She and xander were in chapter 4 of book 2, it's not been that long. Surtur wasn't in chapters 5 or 6 either, because the story left them entirely. It seems to be more of a result of the amount of story/text being rather barebones than any deliberate planning otherwise, imo.

I just wish we'd get a conclusion to book I. Even if it isn't as interesting as book ii. Bruno should not be forgotten.

Presumably we'll return to that part of the story in book 3 when Book 2 concludes.

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Watch [Bruno] swoop in in the final chapter to either do something about the ritual or to finish Surtr off.

Oh, true

He wouldn't let Veronica just die like that, right. There's the whole "our royal family hears voices from beyond probably due to inbreeding or something" thing to solve.

Also, something that has bothered me for the last chapters or so

We'll eventually run out of My Nintendo rewards, so whatare we going to do with the points we get whenever we clear a chapter?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, pretty sure Veronica will still be around in Book 3 and further, she's the easily manipulatable wannabe villain that's ultimately going to free/summon/become the ultimate evil ... and going by FE games it's either a dragon god or "just" a god. ^^

champloo

Oct 27, 2017
Imo that's the perfect IV for any build without Brave Bow.

Since she needs to double, both Windsweep and Watersweep are out of the question, Firesweep Bow means losing the armor effectiveness and 3 Spd.
So Desperation might be in the play, but that does limit the synergy of her default skills. Give her Moonbow instead of Luna that you have the special ready faster.

Honestly, she should work in both, Goad and Hone/Fortify teams, with those buffs and her default A-skill she might just deal with sturdy armors well enough, as long as they're not having Wary Fighter equipped.
But that would also mean no double counter, outside of Hectors all-breaker build ... maybe her Def and HP are enough to survive a single counter-blow.

She's very much intended to be played more carefully, and not brute-forcing like for example the Bladetome fliers are. ^^

Also, for what it's worth, while doing the story mission, i had to use my armor emblem team for her first map due to the quest, and she dealt easily with my Vector, Tharmor, Hardin (Brazen Def/Res not active, full HP) and had only trouble with Frankenjakob. ^^

You were dealing with a story mission Hinoka with bloated stats. My -hp Hinoka only has 51 combined hp+def, most high tier armor units easily one-shots her :< I guess I can surround her with field buffs to avoid that...

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ehm, so i just got a +SpD -Res Ayra, who seems to be a pretty damn good unit.

But i don't know what build i should go for. Any suggestions?
Also, quick follow-up question: Are the recommended builds for units on gamepress noteworthy? I feel like they get outdatet pretty quickly

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Pulled a few more in an attempt to fix my -Atk Hinoka. Got a second one -Def +Red (Rip bst but whatever) and a dupe Shiro in less than 40 orbs so pretty satisfied.

Now I'm not pulling until Friday, or next Monday if no Hero Fest / I can resist until then.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh, notification overwhelming.

Nah, Anna only wants the moneys, ruling over everything is too much work and too much of a hassle. ^^

Or we save Veronica from being sacrificed to the fire dragon, but since the game needs a final boss, Loki captures Bruno and sacrifices him anyway.

Personally, i don't think we'll see any dragon-tier bosses for a while. If Surtr sacrifices someone, watch it be one of his daughters. In the chapter before todays he already mentioned that even death is not enough punishment.

Final boss of the game will be whatever voice that talks to the crazy embla royals, mark my words! ^^ And it probably has something to do with Loki, she's just too different to the other Muspell chars for her to be a Muspell native. She's also f*cked with Bruno and Veronica in Book 1 already, long before Muspell was even a thing. ^^

You were dealing with a story mission Hinoka with bloated stats. My -hp Hinoka only has 51 combined hp+def, most high tier armor units easily one-shots her :< I guess I can surround her with field buffs to avoid that...

Fortify Fliers is your friend then. Also has the synergy that, unlike the Goads/Wards, the buffer has to be next to her! ^^

E: Hmm just thought about Atk/Def Bond instead of Atk/Spd ... since, in a flier emblem team, there's enough potential to buff/goad up her Spd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.