• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
screenshot_20180424-2y5suz.png
Well I'm someone who loves T&A in both real life and video games, so I want more Camilla alts lol

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Give me all the seasonal alts that you want. Regular ass units should go to new characters. If Reinhardt had come out today, he'd have been a Corrin alt or something. You can make characters interesting and popular through Heroes, they don't have to start that way.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yesssssss
I got two Hinokas and merged them into a +atk -def one and I got a +spd -def Kana in like 70 orbs.
Im super satisfied.

im prob still pulling for more merges depending on how many orbs we get on golden week

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
At least Hinoka's alt makes sense. Eirika's mage alt makes no sense (the best link people make is the glitch that lets heroes equip dark magic), as good as the art is. It also launched with terrible timing during CYL2.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Free summon was the last chicken I needed to +10 her. This game loves throwing me her. Meanwhile Eirikas and Nowis are still busy playing hide and seek.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least Hinoka's alt makes sense. Eirika's mage alt makes no sense (the best link people make is the glitch that lets heroes equip dark magic), as good as the art is. It also launched with terrible timing during CYL2.

No, that's the best people could think of without really using their heads

Magic is a learned craft in the Fire Emblem setting. Eirika went to school with Lyon, and we know she was a pretty good student, so I doubt magic would be a stretch for her (even her mage variant stresses this). It has nothing to do with some obscure glitch that the devs were likely not aware of.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Been playing around with building a Tactic team with this base:

Siegbert (Attack)
L'Arachel (Defense/Resistance)
Brave Lucina (+6 Spur Attack/Speed)

It became a question of who the 4th should be. I thought about Nino with her Bladetome, but she can't take advantage of Brave Lucina's full weapon buffs. Started looking at infantry archer and settled on Fallen Takumi for now. He is really formidable with all of those buffs. I kinda want to go for the new Hinoka, as a flying bow unit work well in that group. It could use a super tanky unit for enemy phases, so could explore some of those options.

Has any one else successfully made a Tactics team they use regularly? I feel like it's challenging to get a good team with synergy because of the skill investment and the specific characters involved. A balanced Tactics team is like the missing dream for me.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Has any one else successfully made a Tactics team they use regularly? I feel like it's challenging to get a good team with synergy because of the skill investment and the specific characters involved. A balanced Tactics team is like the missing dream for me.

I have a great Tactics team, but yeah, it took a lot of investment to make it happen. I tried a few different combos, but settled on a core that covered some very specific bases - magic tank, anti-armor, and tome user. I also wanted each of them to be a different movement type so that I could sub any fourth in without breaking the Tactics coverage. Here's the team comp:

- A flying magic tank, good for baiting in dangerous situations (Clair)
- An anti-armor unit with enough mixed bulk to pinch hit as a magic/physical tank without being doubled (Hana)
- A green mage (LA!Lilina)

I use Airzura and Priscilla as the fourth unit currently, depending on whether a dancer or healer is more appropriate. The level of SI on this team is pretty insane, though. Clair and Hana both have DC, Clair has Guard and Berkut's Lance, and LA!Lilina has Gronnblade. They work great in advanced arena, and I've had success with them in chain challenges and Infernal GHBs as well. Just waiting for Speed Tactic to make its appearance and the team will finally be complete.

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
I would actually really like more Gwendies, 3* or 4. My 170 Dual Rallies Aether Steady (I don't have any DC fodder) Wary Drive Gwendy + 7 really needs a few more merges to fully realize its role of the ultimate pure AA score inflator with little to no real combat capability. ^^

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I would actually really like more Gwendies, 3* or 4. My 170 Dual Rallies Aether Steady (I don't have any DC fodder) Wary Drive Gwendy + 7 really needs a few more merges to fully realize its role of the ultimate pure AA score inflator with little to no real combat capability. ^^
Hmmmmm...

I've blown my feather budget on other projects. But that's not a bad idea at all.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Come on feh, I just want a kinshinoka. Stop pity breaking me with summon rounds with no colorless orbs.

On the plus side, the pity breakers were decent IV kana and shigure... but I just want a Kinshinoka. So sick of all the matthews I've been getting

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I love those infantry team quests of the BHBs ... it basically means just using my dragon team and watch the enemy run into my highly merged ATiki. ^^

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
did you really use the free CYL selection for a pointstick or did you luck into a dupe Bike

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is one of the easier BHB, even regarding the quests. Imo, the most difficult part is to be able to tank the hits from Taco and the blue mage if you initiate from the left side. Once that is done, it's rather easy. Hinoka falls to pretty much every green unit on player phase, and the remaining grunt units aren't hard to deal with. ^^

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in the camp that thinks that BIke doesn't need Spd. That leaves the +Atk and +Def one.

+Def turns him into a physicall wall, limits the dmg he gets on doubles. Personally, my favorite boon. Just keep him away from anything magical.
+Atk on the other hand rocks him to 39 Atk unbuffed ... that Aether hurts. Also more potential if you actually use him to initiate on player phase.

In the end, up to you and how you want to use him. I don't use mine as much as before, because (for me) Dorcas outclassed him due to the DC weapon.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I saw on Reddit that the option to disable enemy phase music has been datamined, IS sure took their time.

Probably to be added next update.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the GHB HM glitch wasn't patched in yesterday's update. Guess I'll keep farming more HM until they get rid of it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Either they don't care about the farming, like they do with that green stat boon highlight on some heroes, or it isn't a glitch/bug at all and it's intentional.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
If you're farming HM, you're playing the game. It also encourages you to engage in unit building, which makes people less likely to quit and abandon their perfectly crafted waifus/husbandos.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is one of the easier BHB, even regarding the quests. Imo, the most difficult part is to be able to tank the hits from Taco and the blue mage if you initiate from the left side. Once that is done, it's rather easy. Hinoka falls to pretty much every green unit on player phase, and the remaining grunt units aren't hard to deal with. ^^

Definitely one of the easier ones. Quick riposte fjorm killed takumi and the blue mage on counter (with a full set of buffs from eirika), Eirika then lured the axe cavalier and killed him (thanks to her refined weapon giving her her own buff), 5* Anna was able to kill hinoka and the sword flier was easy to mop up

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, if there's first hints for the upcoming update for May by the miners, i can't wait for the preview of the next batch of new weapons/refinements.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
If they keep rolling with the Fates theme then Camilla and MCorrin refines would be welcome. I have a good +atk 5* Corrin who has never been used for anything because why on earth would I use him over Ayra or whatever. And my DC Camilla who was amazing last year has fallen off a bit in the wake of dragon emblem and flying Azura. Still use her fairly often, but not as much as I'd like for a unit I've invested so much in. At any rate, I've held off on giving her a Slaying Axe and I'm hoarding dew for now.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
If we're gearing up for an update, now's a good time to notify people to save their Sacred Coins. The reward for the next Squad Assault is scheduled to be an Attack+1 seal.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Might be selfish, but i hope that Camilla won't get her own named weapon and refinement for quite a while, i invested too much in my refined Slaying Axe with DC for A-skill. ^^

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017

Yup. Winter Chrom, Nowi, Zelgius, and Cordelia was mine for AA for a considerable amount of time. I've swapped over to non tactics now for points reason but I liked that team and it worked well. I still use that base for arena as well, so I can use tactics depending on the bonus unit.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
After a couple of rounds of testing, I got the 5 orbs in one round with Fjorm/Anna/Lilina/Axura. Glad that's over with so I can return to the Trials and try to grind out the last orbs (and maybe, actually, finally get Sonya to come home).

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
For potential weapon refinements, I'm hoping for Titania, Cordelia and Tharja. All three are popular characters with Titania being a fairly major story character in FE9. Cordelia might become a bit too strong with a prf, but I wouldn't be surprised if people kept running Firesweep/Brave Lance builds if it ends up underwhelming. Original Tharja has fallen well behind and fellow infantry mages Sanaki and Lilina have already seen refinements.

In terms of what weapons to expect, Titania could receive a Poleaxe with Triangle Adept built in to represent her early game PoR weapon while also reflecting her Emerald Axe. Cordelia could get her Warriors prf, though it's only called 'Cordelia's Lance' which is pretty boring. Tharja would get Goetia, which is strangely absent from Heroes so far.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
This quest made me think of giving Anna a bit more stuff to be useful ... how's Slaying Axe on her? Because honestly, the legendary Askr weapons right now are so bad, it ain't funny.

I need two more ATikis to +10 her. It's not working so far.

I feel you, i need 2 more Camillas for the +10 ... and if neither of those has my desired IV of -HP / +Spd (or +Res), it's even more than those two. Hate this. ^^

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see Camilla get an exclusive weapon. I've yet to decide on a green for my arena core so I need more options. I've been using a merged Nino I have but I find Nowi, Fjorm, and Berkut's Lance users a struggle for my team to deal with. It's fine for now as I'm just going between 19 and 20 (though this week I'm in tier 18 because the best bonus unit I have is a 4* Legion lol) but I have 100k+ feathers that I want to start using on my arena team.
This quest made me think of giving Anna a bit more stuff to be useful ... how's Slaying Axe on her? Because honestly, the legendary Askr weapons right now are so bad, it ain't funny.
Maybe their refinements will be tied to the story.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i actually thought this ritual of Fjorm would "unlock" refinements for the Askr trio (or even useful alts, outside of the seasonal ones) ... but no. It's the summoners magic gun that has been improved. ._.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to see Camilla get an exclusive weapon. I've yet to decide on a green for my arena core so I need more options. I've been using a merged Nino I have but I find Nowi, Fjorm, and Berkut's Lance users a struggle for my team to deal with. It's fine for now as I'm just going between 19 and 20 (though this week I'm in tier 18 because the best bonus unit I have is a 4* Legion lol) but I have 100k+ feathers that I want to start using on my arena team.
Either give Nino tactics support or use a green bladehorse. My Cecilia oneshots any blue unit (except that one time a +10 Oboro had a refined ridersbane.)

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
this was the easiest bhb ever. fjorm with QR3 seal takes out takumi and the mage. sanaki with swordbreaker takes out the axe and sword. anna kills hinoka.

Status
Not open for further replies.