• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the Asks units are solid, all they really lack are the ability to being merged up. Seeing those Alf stats just confirms this for me.

I hope IS adds a possibility to somehow merge them up sometime. Especially if CYL2 brings another power-creep era to the game.

--

Now for TT+ .... oh boy, literally all bonus heroes are red, save for Clive and Sharena. LOL ^^

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Hinoka, I free pulled one.

Day 1: 3* Barst
Day 2: 4* Tailtiu
Day 3: 3* Titania
Day 4: 4* Ares
Day 5: 3* Merric
Day 6: 3* Gunther, but a 5* Minerva from the other green orb
Fighter Banner: 5* MGrima
Day 7: 5* Nino
Day 8: 5* Shiro
Day 9: 3* Donnel
Festival Banner: 5* Julia
Day 10: 3* Cherche
Day 11: 4* Mae
Day 12: 3* Draug
Day 13: 5* Hinoka

I'm jealous that you've pulled 3 5* units on the banners, I've had jack shit on my frees

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Finished my 3 daily arena matches (I never play more than 3 daily unless forced by things like VG quests), got 11 out of the 12 possible kills for Alf. Score roll was utter trash though, two 732s and a 730. It's only the 1st day and I'm already starting to regret giving Alf Galeforce rather than Aether (I'm running really low on Chroms and decided Sharena/Anna/Fjorm needed Aether more). The kill I missed was a Lucas and I guess I wouldn't have to chicken out and let Fae took the kill had I given Alf Aether. Well, there goes my Cordelia and 20k feathers. lol

Anyway, still pretty content planning and execution wise. We will see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully without any shocking TA blue and stuffs I should end up around 3712 or something. That's definitely not top 1.2k (or 1.7k in the future) material but I'm hopeful that might at least be enough for 4k (9.7k in the future is very easy anyway).
algedmn.png
(Gwendolyn here is only + 9. All with max SP skill sets score-wise except for Alf not wielding DC)

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
And i'm already close to dropping back to T19 with 3666 points. Oh well. I can pass on that 1 extra orb and those 500 feathers, but that crowned Feh would certainly nice to have for a week once. ^^

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And i'm already close to dropping back to T19 with 3666 points. Oh well. I can pass on that 1 extra orb and those 500 feathers, but that crowned Feh would certainly nice to have for a week once. ^^

If you were in tier 19.5 typically, you will have to wait a few weeks for the new arena rankings to balance out with the highest ranking players moving up. Functionally, this week shouldn't be different for most people in 19.5.

For people trying to get in to tier 21, I imagine the first few weeks will actually be mote difficult than what comes after.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I had the hope that it would be a bit easier this week due to most of the bonus heroes being low BST dancers. Max. score seems to be 724 with the team as it currently is, 736 if i manage to get all the kill bonuses, makes 3680 as the highest possible score, guess i'll just wait. ^^

At least, i already have a def win with my Arena team, so i got this going, which is nice. Keeping WoM on Bowcina (due to the lack of a link skill) was a good decision probably. Being the monster that she is with warping around and swap-extending her range, together with a Guidance Camilla is almost unfair.

Nov 7, 2017
Day 1 - 3* Seliph
Day 2 - OG Lyn
Day 3 - 4* Hinata
Day 4 - Fallen Celica
Day 5 - 4* Draug
Day 6 - 3* Titania
Day 7 - 3* Oscar
Day 8 - 4* Florina
Day 9 - 4* Catria
Day 10 - 3* Niles
Day 11 - 3* Fredrick
Day 12 - 4* Eliwood
Day 13 - 4* Sophia

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled another Hector trying to get a second Grima. I guess I'll give DC to my Corrin so that she an be a Dark Breath debuffer.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
3* Sully
4* Eliwood
4* Jagen
4* Barst lol
4* MMorgan
4* Nanananananan
4* Draug
4* Cecilia
4* Palla
4* Donny
4* Donny again
3* Chrom
3* Catria

Pulls so bad I nearly forgot about what I pulled.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 - 5* Cecilia
Day 2 - 4* Robin
Day 3 - 3* Fir
Day 4 - 3* Olivia
Day 5 - 4* Azama
Day 6 - 3* Tiki
Day 7 - 5* Tharja
Day 8 - 4* Sully
Day 9 - 3* Nino
Day 10 - 3* Wrys
Day 11 - 4* Jagen
Day 12 - 4* Draug
Day 13 - 3* Gwen

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Fury, Death Blow, or Swift Sparrow for Dancing Ryoma???

He's +ATK-/-HP and I've already refined his Sky Maiougi for SPD. He'll probably be getting a Cloud Maiougi (SPD refine) from one of my extra Elincias too.

Any suggestions welcome~

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's risky the moment he enters the battlefield, but ok. ^^

Since he's near allies most of the time, thought about Atk/Spd Bond, if available?

Or Atk/Spd Push. Another premium option.

For those listed, i think he's fast enough, especially with some support, so i'd go with Deathblow.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Well, it's risky the moment he enters the battlefield, but ok. ^^

Since he's near allies most of the time, thought about Atk/Spd Bond, if available?

Or Atk/Spd Push. Another premium option.

For those listed, i think he's fast enough, especiall with some support, so i'd go with Deathblow.
Too rich for my blood, he's already getting one Elincia!

Deathblow would be the easiest since Klein loves me.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1. 3* Gwendolyn.
Day 2. 3* Oscar.
Day 3. 4* Tharja.
Day 4. 3* Stahl.
Day 5. 3* Lon'qu.
Day 6. 4* Camilla.
Day 7. 3* Roderick.
Day 8. 4* Peri.
Day 9. 5* Sothe.
Day 10. 4* Jeorge.
Day 11. 4* Mathilda.
Day 12. 3* Saizo
Day 13. 5* Sonya.

My first on banner 5*! Pretty cool since I didn't have her before either.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Day 1 - 4* Sully
Day 2 - 4* Sakura
Day 3 - 4* Seth
Day 4 - 3* Seliph
Day 5 - 4* Catria
Day 6 - 4* Gunter
Day 7 - 4* A. Tiki
Day 8 - 3* Boey
Day 9 - 3* Gaius
Day 10 - 3* Est
Day 11 - 4* Tailtiu
Day 12 - 4* Roy
Day 13 - 3* Cecilia

Well the best I did at least was obtain some fodder.

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
All I wanted from Fighter Skills banner was at least one Hardin without atk bane. Got two Robins istead. That's some other kind of luck, I guess.
Oh well, is there an armour unit that prefers Vengeful Fighter over everything else?

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So how's the new Arena treating everyone?

Even though this was a T20 week, I loaded up Frederick and managed to get him two kills a match on average to set a new 5-match high for Arena (3594) yet I'm still going to drop back down to 19. I don't see where this ability to stick in 20 is coming from, but my Earth core is also pretty-low merged.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well since it's a boring work day (thanks summer vacations), i made another attempt with a tweaked team and was able to reach 3710, with Alfonse doing most of the work ... but man that was a thrill everytime he was about to clash with a blue enemy.

Currently, i'm in the range to go up to T21, but rather low again already, at best i think i might stay in T20 next week with this score.

Funny thing, i noticed in the Arena score calc that unmerged base-kit Bowinca with Moonbow scores the same as a fully built Alfonse with Aether, no blessing.

So over the weekend, i might try a third time with another tweaked team and with Bowcina instead of Alfonse.

Anyone have a good Alfonse build?

How about a novelty build with Desperation and Brash Assault together with Double Brazen Atk/Def?

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Really? It's been barely a quarter of a day and 3710's already on edge? That's a lot more dire than I expected. I hope that's at least partially due to more competitive players being eager to try out the new arena changes today as opposed to the past weeks when there's nothing going on so nobody felt the urge to do anything right at the week's start. As a result this week's ranking depreciation will be more "front-loaded" than usual? I don't know.

Still, 3710 being far from T20.5 is no good news; it validates the fear we had that the introduction of T21 would incentivize "casual whales" to make more efforts since there's actually a difference between top 1k and 5k now. Things aren't looking good. Fortunately, it's still just the 1st week; things are supposed to be difficult right now. The long-term threshold for T20.5 remains to be accurately assessed later when things stabilize.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Currently 1522 with the cut-off being 1947, so i guess the position stabilized a bit. I mean, with those low BST heroes, it's the perfect time to test out the new Arena.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Micaiah, -hp+def isn't great but at least it isn't -atk or res
I also got a Brave Roy but he is -atk, I don't have anyone to give galeforce now so I will keep him

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally sent home a 3* Oscar. Forgot he had a dual rally. Oh well I have enough of him at 4*, Roderick, and Tailtiu to supply everyone.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Frederick really came through in my arena run, as I hoped. I knew he'd be super strong against armors, but thanks to Bonfire procs I was even able to get some red dragon kills. I was able to get 14 out of 20 kills with him.

Anyway, my score is 3762, rank 269 out of 2099 at the moment. Should be well within the bounds of getting Great Summoner.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
This week is a good week for experimentation. The current goal is to try and remain in T20, but I'm in no rush to do anything drastic.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I made the leap and upped my Alfonse to 5*. The upgraded Folkvangr is great.

He can actually contribute in TT auto-battles now, rather leaving all the heavy lifting to Rein and BLyn.

I just got the Black Knight reward, tempted to feed him to another unit for steady stance. Not sure I can be bothered merged my current +1 Black Knight, he's already powerful enough with armour buffs.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Funny how Bench Lord may now actually be the best of the Askr Trio

Btw why do they always add the Non Daily Tap Battle Quests few days after it started??

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
seems my current setup will likely stay in tier 20, but not reach the new tier this week. Though I might be able to make it next week once the current top scorers are out of the tier 20 pool for a week

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, that is funny, went to sleep with ~500 ranks between my score/rank and the cut-off for T21. Woke up to ~900 ranks between my rank and the cut-off. ^^

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Good. It seems my assumption of "early attempts in the first few hours after the change hit are mostly made by the more competitive players, more so than the past weeks" does hold some truth then. Still, expect that margin to shrink in the later part of the week just like any past week. Though you do seem to have a shot at top 4k at the very least now, when the week is said and done.

Edit: Weird Quiz thingy to get more orbs? Can't say no to that. This time there's a portion of awards that actually requires individual participation it seems? 10 for all, 7 for individual.

Last edited:

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1: 3* Barst
Day 2: 4* Tailtiu
Day 3: 3* Titania
Day 4: 4* Ares
Day 5: 3* Merric
Day 6: 3* Gunther, but a 5* Minerva from the other green orb
Fighter Banner: 5* MGrima
Day 7: 5* Nino
Day 8: 5* Shiro
Day 9: 3* Donnel
Festival Banner: 5* Julia
Day 10: 3* Cherche
Day 11: 4* Mae
Day 12: 3* Draug
Day 13: 5* Hinoka
Day 14: 4* Gwendy

Only 2 more days of spam left.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, there's a quiz now, 10 orbs and 5k feathers if the players get 5 answers right, and you get 7 orbs for just answering the daily question, right or wrong doesn't matter. ^^

Good. It seems my assumption of "early attempts in the first few hours after the change hit are mostly made by the more competitive players, more so than the past weeks" does hold some truth then. Still, expect that margin to shrink in the later part of the week just like any past week. Though you do seem to have a shot at top 4k at the very least now, when the week is said and done.

Since it took some serious tweaking and investing of duel crests (had over 200 ... so that's ok i guess), i really hope i manage to go up this time. After i have my crowned Feh screenshot i'm more than fine with being T19.5 or staying T20 again. ^^

Will try again over the weekend with a tweaked team with Bowcina instead of Alf, since she scores a bit higher, for whatever reason. At least in the Arena score calc.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
Almost done with the days of disappointment. One 5* is better than I expected!

Day 1 - 4* Boey
Day 2 - 4* L'Arachel
Day 3 - 3* Henry
Day 4 - 5* Leif!!!
Day 5 - 4* Leon
Day 6 - 3* Klein
Day 6a (fighter banner) - 3* Clair
Day 7 - 4* Marth
Day 8 - 3* Soren
Day 9 - 4* Leon
Day 9a (festival banner) - 3* Hinata !!!!
Day 10 - 4* Klein
Day 11 - 4* Sheena
Day 12 - 4* Marth
Day 13 - 3* Mae
Day 14 - 3* Saizo

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 - 3* Beruka
Day 2 - 4* Sothe
Day 3 - 3* Stahl
Day 4 - 4* Roy
Day 5 - 4* Serra
Day 6 - 4* Marth
Day 7 - 3* Lilina
Day 8 - 4* Raven
Day 9 - 4* Cherche
Day 10 - 4* Donnel
Day 11 - 4* Cordelia
Day 12 - 4* Donnel
Day 13 - 3* Robin
Day 14 - 3* Hana

WHYYY

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there's a quiz now, 10 orbs and 5k feathers if the players get 5 answers right, and you get 7 orbs for just answering the daily question, right or wrong doesn't matter. ^^

Since it took some serious tweaking and investing of duel crests (had over 200 ... so that's ok i guess), i really hope i manage to go up this time. After i have my crowned Feh screenshot i'm more than fine with being T19.5 or staying T20 again. ^^

Will try again over the weekend with a tweaked team with Bowcina instead of Alf, since she scores a bit higher, for whatever reason. At least in the Arena score calc.

Where's the quiz?

Status
Not open for further replies.