• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Had no defense wins for like the first 3 days of this season... though I'll change out my arena setups and give everyone more optimal skills (Moonbow for Lucina & Nowi, Luna for Mia) plus Reposition instead of Dual Rallys... got 1 defense win 2 days ago, got another yesterday... got 5 in the last 10 hours? Da hell?

Never, ever have I got 7 defense wins...

But i think that's about the limit i can reach without more merges and/or without giving Bowcina Aether.
Maybe if i get the full 12 bonus points with her all the time, but that's unrealistic with the sheer amount of +10 Sheenas, various Hectors, MGrimas, Myrrhs and Faes in the enemy teams.

L!Lucy with Aether is pretty damn good as long as you have a Blade seal. I would give her that since it's worth a merge and an half or 3 BST bins.....

While doing 2 arena matches a day for the quest feathers it's hilarious how easy it is to kill some green armors when you have an entire team with repo....

I don't know how I feel about arena so far.

A friend may be staying in T20 or possibly getting into T21 mostly because he slapped as many spurs/drives on Alfonse as possible and made him kill everyone each round. That's pretty funny, but it doesn't sound fun and I don't know if this is what I want arena to be going forward.

Arena last week was me picking the first 5 matches I came across and enemy phasing people with Lector and Myrrh and using Galeforce Effie and Soleil when needed.

It was really, really easy.... the only challenge in the old arena was fishing for the right score if you were borderline.....

I definitely prefer the way it is now though they need to cap bonus kills to 6 or 9 points....

When you're on the last match of a flawless AA run and you pick Shiro to duel with Zelgius and have all three of your items left and you bait Zelgius to quickly realize you chose your level 1 Shiro and not your level 40 then proceed to have Zelgius curb stomp the rest of your poorly matched team ):

Should've blessed your Shiro, no way that would've happened plus you would've got 2 more points.

I didn't do any cherry picking in these 2 runs just to get a feeling of what the enemies are like in both ends of my 730 ~ 740 range. I think from next week onwards I will start to only accept 738s and 740s because 730 ~ 736 just have too many Legcinas (or even worse, f'king Blue Lyns) for my liking.

Uh you'll still see L!Lucinas higher up... she's a bonus unit who can easily get 20/20, she's the highest scoring wind hero since with CC she scores as well as VIke & Fjorm (if they don't do DC with DC prf) and she's giving out blessings worth 4 bst bins per character....

Last edited:

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I might be able to get my first ever Hector by choosing Legendary Hector wielding Armands.

I highly doubt we are going to get a Veronica character. I highly suspect they will do another Camilla instead.

Of course they're doing a Veronica.

They're not going to go "lol no, you chose wrong, these are the actual units". The website has said that Veronica will be one of the four units getting a special costume version ever since the poll ended.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
7 free orbs for chosing a random button isn't worth your time?
If there's one thing I learned in over a year it's that orbs are intangible rewards. Sure they're nice to have but most of the time they're converted to pitiful amounts of feathers. One day though. One day I'll beat the odds.

Now if they asked me which character I'd like to appear on a banner...

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Colorless is great.

Sothe, Klein, Nanna, Legault are all phenomenal fodder.
Takumi, Hinoka, Lyn, Genny, Maribelle, and Elise are great pity breakers.
And Healers are more valuable now than ever for Arena.

And there are fewer Colorless units than Red and maybe Blue.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What the heck. IS, you guys can't just drop CYL2 while I'm out on Gamescom...

I thought this was a regular banner that could be ignored until I'm home again.

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I've leaned toward taking whoever's red for the longest time because Red Hell, but now that I think about it there's probably strats for clearing everything with free V!ike, Fjorm, whoever the green is (Hector with something Armads) and Brave Lyn. :thinkemoji:

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Phew, I was worried this would be a FE6 banner ("saving for CYL2" and all that jazz), thank god the wait is over.

Given that there's a GHB and Legendary banner while CYL2 is running, I like the speculation on reddit that it will be either Bruno or regular Veronica for the GHB and Marth for the Legendary of the month.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why Ike isn't in the rotation when he's just as free as Fjorm.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's hype? Free +Atk/-Def Sanaki that's what.

Got 3717 points in arena once I bothered to give Alfonse his refine. Which barely gets me in range to promote to tier 21. I'll drop out by the time arena closes, but proud of myself for securing tier 20 at least. Next week should be easier to promote anyway.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
Got a free Micaiah this morning, making mine 40+3. One of these days maybe I'll get one with a decent IV, but not today.

I'm skipping the CYL2 banner, but will be interesting to see what new skills they introduce (and whether they inflate unit BST with this banner).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why Ike isn't in the rotation when he's just as free as Fjorm.
Fjorm was part of the story and is free to everyone as soon as they get to that part of the story.

Legendary Ike was free as part of a vote/special event. If you missed it, you didn't get him, so they're not the same.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I already have mulitple Sothes so I was gonna try and pull red/blue with my free pull in the banner.

Four colorless. One green.

four star Beruka.

I am just hording orbs now simply out of protest of my shitty gacha luck.

Edit:

Just tried again. Got some blues. Did a single pull and got my first Macaiah.

-ATK/+HP

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Far-fetched Heroes was for those in the top 20s that weren't in the game.
That'd be Loki, Selkie, Owain, and Kilff. Potentially Keaton and Kaden (the top 20 female characters cut off before the top 20 males).

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I have like 100 orbs because I was dumb with the swimsuit banner.

Oh well. I don't even know what units I want at this point anyway, so I might be totally okay with passing on this banner. Especially since CYL heroes end up in the regular pool anyway.

I'm gonna bet that Hector is going to be another armored green axe with Prefix Armads.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how some of ya'll have so many orbs when I see some of the pulls ya'll do and how many orbs you spend.

Farfetched Heroes: Camilla, Azura, Takumi, and Ryoma.

Because unlike the first one, all of the other heroes are already in the game.

Unless they introduce the laguz/shifters at some point, I doubt we'll see Selkie, Keaton, and Kaden just yet.

GustyGardner

Oct 27, 2017
Far-fetched Heroes was for those in the top 20s that weren't in the game.
That'd be Loki, Selkie, Owain, and Kilff. Potentially Keaton and Kaden (the top 20 female characters cut off before the top 20 males).

I imagine a Far-Fetched Heroes 2 (which is very likely considering the liberal reuse of banner themes from IS) will exclude beast and villain units so if we look at the first four characters who meet these specifications, we get Owain, Kliff, Ophelia and Haar. Seems like that would make a good banner though knowing IS, they'd bump off Haar and look for the next female character who would be Louise.

I can't wait for when Beast units actually do get added because the amount of them in the top 100 honestly shocked me! There's Selkie, Keaton, Panne, Kaden, Velouria, Tibarn, Ranulf and Lethe, so the demand is there. Its worth noting that if both Ranulf's RD and PoR votes were added together, he'd be 32nd, which is ridiculously high! I really hope for the next CYL voting (because of course there will be another one) IS just merge SD/FE3 and PoR/RD votes. The system works against those characters otherwise.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how some of ya'll have so many orbs when I see some of the pulls ya'll do and how many orbs you spend.

Unless they introduce the laguz/shifters at some point, I doubt we'll see Selkie, Keaton, and Kaden just yet.

I usually save for Legendary banners but used everything I had left to try for Vengeful Fighter while Grima was up. I somehow got out of that mess with an Effie, at least. But yeah I'm already back over 80, remember a TT and tap battle are running and those rain orbs. Plus some generous login bonuses and 5 from gardens. I even have a squad assault I can still do.

Now FEH's generosity aside some people just whale like crazy all the time for no reason and that's gacha for you.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

If you are right it would be Camilla, Eirika, Chrom and Marth
Also Camilla(and frobin)'s voice actress is on maternity leave so dont expect any camilla alt until next year

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
From reddit:
8iOMaTU.png

So basically free pick confirmed.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they didn't claim, it was just a excuse to ask the customer support in a way that wasn't obvious.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting on the most orbs I've ever had at ~400, hopefully I can get something cool from CYL2! I really appreciate that this game is still F2P-friendly even a year and a half in.

Oct 25, 2017
So basically free pick confirmed.
I am totally okay with this.

I may wait a couple of days to see if anybody's got a consensus on which is the best pick.
They may not make it as obvious as they did with Brave Lyn this time.

EDIT: Oh yeah, before I forget, according to that reddit post, if you're a player who hasn't picked their free Brave Hero yet,
DO IT TODAY.

Last edited:

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll give us a freebie this time.

Last time, I came back into the game after a break and mistakenly picked Lucina. Lyn still eludes me.

I will probably take whoever of Celica and Veronica is colorless.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how on this bhb map that should be the bane of horses rein and b Lyn still get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.