• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo/IntSys just put up a new survey asking a lot about what you like and dislike about Fire Emblem, and at the end, had a bunch of questions about what types of new modes you would like in the game.

The modes:
- Playing together with friends (it's not clear if this is realtime or non-realtime co-op)
- Realtime PvP
- Building a town
- Attacking/defending player towns (I imagine this would be like the town in Fates)
- A mode where your game advances based on how long you were logged out of the game

And since people often won't believe me without screenshots:
fireemblem5ldow4.png
fireemblem47eptc.png
fireemblem31mpvm.png
fireemblem2mobilewrrvp.png
fireemblem1yqqsy.png

Nathan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
France
I just finished the survey. I would like a version of My Castle in-game, and a co-op mode, in real time ! Oh, and I said no for PVP.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
So this is the game I was supposed to see in the survey, my form only had a blank space with "do you like this game?" and then prompted to other generation c questions about the console.
Makes sense since I did not buy it.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the game I was supposed to see in the survey, my form only had a blank space with "do you like this game?" and then prompted to other generation c questions about the console.
Makes sense since I did not buy it.
This one was from within the Fire Emblem Heroes app. You might have received a different research one from Nintendo more generally.

Sol

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think redistributing the rarity pool is in the cards, because what gacha game doesn't have any duds in their SSR pools? That's part of the risk you take when you pull. While I agree that the SSR to R ratio is heavily skewed in this game, they're likely not going to do it until they show they're going to add more 3* units...which they haven't yet.

I think the bigger concern is that too many of the launch day units are obsolete due to power creep. Most of the three star units suffer from having extremely strange statlines compared to the more recent units, whom I daresay are very overtuned. It'd be much better if they were thrown a bone and got buffed so they're actually usable, but...well, I'm not holding my breath.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think redistributing the rarity pool is in the cards, because what gacha game doesn't have any duds in their SSR pools? That's part of the risk you take when you pull. While I agree that the SSR to R ratio is heavily skewed in this game, they're likely not going to do it until they show they're going to add more 3* units...which they haven't yet.

I think the bigger concern is that too many of the launch day units are obsolete due to power creep. Most of the three star units suffer from having extremely strange statlines compared to the more recent units, whom I daresay are very overtuned. It'd be much better if they were thrown a bone and got buffed so they're actually usable, but...well, I'm not holding my breath.
I mean, when people say "fix the rarity pools" they usually mean 'expand the 3*' pool as much —if not more— as they mean 'reduce the 5* bloat'

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone ask them to redistribute the damn rarity pool on the last question!
I did my part!

"The 5* hero summoning pool is bloated to the point that summoning in general is unattractive and rarely feels rewarding. The static nature of the 3* summoning pool also has the same effect. Moving select heroes available from the beginning of the game from the 5* pool to the 3* and 4* pools would do a lot to alleviate this."

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
I spend about 90 minutes filling out this survey. There's quite a lot I want from this game. I hope everyone is putting down IV changing and selection in their feedback.

Blackquill

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a lot of grips I adressed in the survey :
- gauntlets need a huge overhaul, nothing is fun with this mode
- tempest trials are not even fun, 80% of these is basically auto battling to Victory, even the game wants you to play like this. Rewards are great tho.
- Arena and Assault are ok but the maps need to change, also score system may need some changes
- huge lack of content since september, especially GHB
- obviously rarity pools need some change
- overall it's quite easy, even when I don't play BLyn and Rein.
- story Sucks

Hope at least some of these issues will be fixed. I play this game only because of my love for FE

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why no bigger maps and maps with more units fielded?

On the flip side, how on earth will real time PVP work...?

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
I whined about lack of non-Fates/Awakening representation, especially in seasonal banners, and lack of male fanservice. Probably won't make a difference but I tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Miketendo64

Dec 22, 2017
Nintendo/IntSys just put up a new survey asking a lot about what you like and dislike about Fire Emblem, and at the end, had a bunch of questions about what types of new modes you would like in the game.

The modes:
- Playing together with friends (it's not clear if this is realtime or non-realtime co-op)
- Realtime PvP
- Building a town
- Attacking/defending player towns (I imagine this would be like the town in Fates)
- A mode where your game advances based on how long you were logged out of the game

And since people often won't believe me without screenshots:

I saw this survey 6 and a half hours ago, did an article on it and was immediately disbelieved. It's cool though.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How about Myrmidons that actually do what myrmidons are supposed to do, IntSys? How about you get on that before you add another dumb PvP system nobody will actually play after a month?

Nov 12, 2017
If the game launched with real time PVP I would have still been playing it to this day. AI can either be really cheap or really abusable, it was annoying as fuck.

Oct 25, 2017
how do I get that screen that pops up at the start with the link to the survey to show back up without waiting until tomorrow.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
But there isn't dodge in this game, I think she is doing her myrm job of doubling and doing a lot of damage with specials really well, some would say way too well.

That's what I'm saying. Myrmidons/swordmasters were the class that introduced dodge tanking to Fire Emblem and we still don't have dodge tanks. If I can't get insanely complicated critical hit animations (something IntSys has completely given up on since the games went 3D) then at least let me overwhelm enemies with dodgy jerks.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm saying. Myrmidons/swordmasters were the class that introduced dodge tanking to Fire Emblem and we still don't have dodge tanks. If I can't get insanely complicated critical hit animations (something IntSys has completely given up on since the games went 3D) then at least let me overwhelm enemies with dodgy jerks.
It will never happen because Arena and people would hate luck factor in it when they already have to deal with Blyn.

Rainrir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Ayra, and she still doesn't know how to dodge. It's stupid.

RNG crits and dodge is probably a bad idea right? On a game like this. Wouldn't it make people rage when they win or lose from a miracle dodge/crit?

Then again, FGO and GranBlue does have stuff like that to make some battles a little more luck based. Those games don't have PvP though...I think.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone ask them to redistribute the damn rarity pool on the last question!

Only thing I thought to mention. Summoning is terrible at the moment. If you get pity breaker its maybe a 10% chance of being one of the newer bst bloated units compared to an extremely likelihood of outdated trash

Why the hell can Marth and Caeda show up at 5 stars next to Ayra and Elincia?

Everything that's 4-5* should just be 4* or lower outside when they show up as summoning focus unit.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Would it be logical to ask them to put online co-op in the game? Or at least local multi-system co-op? Had a blast with Hyrule Warriors between the TV and Gamepad, and want that experience again.

EDIT: I clicked this thinking it was about Warriors. Disregard my post.