• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Simply isn't particularly interesting as a guy
What exactly makes fcorrin interesting?
Artistically, Three Houses does look rather boring by comparison (characters as well as setting). Though I liked both Robins in spite of preferring female Robin, and have already commented on sharing the disinterest most have in male Corrin, neither Byleth is anything noteworthy to me.
Strongly disagree, 3H has a better setting just for the simple fact it is better explained than Fates like we have a proper map and the name of continent as other minor details that Fates lacked
I didn't try to say that, I just said that Kozaki didn't work in all 3 3DS games and even in Heroes he wasn't the main artist for book 2, so there was signs that the artist would change

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly makes fcorrin interesting?
You pretty much completely cut the part where I already said that I don't believe that the same aesthetic works all that well on a male character, which of course is subjective. By comparison, I'd say that the look for Robin works well on both, leaving preference to mainly boil down to which I liked better from a story perspective there.

And as said, neither Byleth's design leaves an impression on me (I would go so far as to say that I dislike female Byleth's look, more specifically the outfit).

Last edited:

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You pretty much completely cut the part where I already said that I don't believe that the same aesthetic works all that well on a male character, which of course is subjective. By comparison, I'd say that the look for Robin works well on both, leaving preference to mainly boil down to which I liked better from a story perspective there.
But aesthetic alone doesn't make a character interesting, unless you like fcorrin just by her looks?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
But aesthetic alone doesn't make a character interesting, unless you like fcorrin just by her looks?
Of course not, never said it did (even in the post you already quoted). Can't say I'd know why someone would prefer the male one specifically, but I'm nowhere near as curious as you are about my opinions.

Oct 25, 2017
The most interesting thing about Corrin is that they can turn into a Dragon, and it's literally forgotten about the next chapter after it debuts. Fates is nothing but wasted potential at least the art was good I guess.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
That is what I am asking tho, what makes you prefer her from a story perspective?
Pretty sure I never said I did, and I'm not under the impression that it goes beyond that for anyone barring specific interactions. Discussing story was your insistence. Either way, you never hounded anyone who preferred the other to justify themselves to you for some reason (and personally, I don't care why).
The most interesting thing about Corrin is that they can turn into a Dragon, and it's literally forgotten about the next chapter after it debuts. Fates is nothing but wasted potential at least the art was good I guess.
Seems about right, going purely by the main story.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't dislike Chinatsu's work so far but something about her style lacks the kind of standout quality that Kozaki and even Hidari have. What they've shown of Three Houses art just doesn't have that same "I have to see what this is" feeling like when looking at the artwork for Awakening or Echoes. Outside of Byleth and Dimitri I would say I like most of the designs we've seen quite a bit on their own. Real issue so far is homogeneity. The uniforms are a factor in this, but for me the simple fact that outside of hair color there's not a huge degree of diversity in the designs overall isn't great. It does not help that they're all in the 16-19 looking range, outside the 3 teachers, and all white(not that that's new for the series) which makes for even less visual diversity among the playable cast. When you look at the cover of Awakening you see all these interesting looking characters, with all sorts of unique details and attributes. We haven't gotten that, yet, with Three Houses and what we have seen feels very samey. I really hope we see some more character art soon that shows some more personality to them cause right now the ingame models and portraits aren't cutting it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
It baffles me they went with Male Corrin in that cover. Thought Female Corrin was basically the default Corrin by now based on her popularity.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been a remastered version of a Fire Emblem game before? I'm playing Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch right now, and would really love to experience these games.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Way too early to dismiss Three Houses' art direction, IMO. In two trailers we've actually seen very little, and it wasn't Chinatsu Kurahana that decided to showcase the younger uniform-clad students first and foremost (or to relegate some of the more interesting students to the background, i.e. the ones Dimitri could be seen sparring with).

We have yet to see hardly any characters unaffiliated with the school, and the ones we have seen look pretty good. What we've seen of students outside of their uniforms looks good, too — and we know the uniforms are temporary. Difficult to characterize two dozen students all wearing the same thing through trailer stills alone.

Has there ever been a remastered version of a Fire Emblem game before? I'm playing Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch right now, and would really love to experience the these games.

They've been remade before, but not remastered — Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, the latest 3DS mainline entry, was a remake of the second game in the series. 1 & 3 were also remade on the DS, though the latter's remake wasn't officially localized.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Has there ever been a remastered version of a Fire Emblem game before? I'm playing Fire Emblem Warriors on Switch right now, and would really love to experience the these games.

Nope. There are some remakes, but they've all been built from the ground up again (even when keeping similar map design or mechanics) so they are fairly rare, and usually actually replace new entries (like how the DS only got two remakes and no original games).

OP
OP

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
You have to be fair with 3Houses because we didn't play the game yet. With Fates we did so it is easier to know their personalities just looking b their appearances.
But I don't need to play the game before guessing? I truly have no idea when looking at the majority of the characters (other than Edelgard or Claude) shown on screen. If you mean we need to see more before making the final judgement, I agree.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Full artwork including the last quarter and sample images from IS.