• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Game is legit fun musou, godzilla content, notable ip, has a 60hz video option and is on switch hybrid and only sold a million? I weep for the human race . . .

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Game is legit fun musou, godzilla content, notable ip, has a 60hz video option and is on switch hybrid and only sold a million? I weep for the human race . . .
The Fire Emblem IP isn't that strong. No Fire Emblem Mainline title has officially gotten over 2 million sales. Awakening and Fates came close tho.

I say this is a good result. Nobody expected this to ship over a million units

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
On the same token, the only reason azura is not a clone is because she was cut from the main game so some work was already done for her

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
This is surprising. I still see the special edition at stores with a slashed price, thought it bombed completely. Or maybe Nintendo shipped to many copies lol

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This gives me hope that Fire Emblem Switch will be an even bigger success. Love the series.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
We live in a world where Fire Emblem was saved and a spin-off is doing 1m+. Fire Emblem Switch is a guaranteed 2.5-3m seller at this point, I think.
Yeah, it's great. It's kind of why I don't mind them rehashing Awakening so much in spinoffs and cameos.

Marth started the series. Chrom and Robin made it mainstream. I would not be surprised to see Marth and one of Chrom, Robin, or Lucina be representing Fire Emblem in crossovers for a long, long time, even when newer games arrive.

But this is also why Nintendo's radio silence on Fire Emblem Switch is getting frustrating. We know it's coming this year from the financial briefing. And that's the first news in over a year about it. I hope it's good, and that it's a 2+ million seller. If that happens, fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's bigger franchises. Which would be amazing.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's great. It's kind of why I don't mind them rehashing Awakening so much in spinoffs and cameos.

Marth started the series. Chrom and Robin made it mainstream. I would not be surprised to see Marth and one of Chrom, Robin, or Lucina be representing Fire Emblem in crossovers for a long, long time, even when newer games arrive.

But this is also why Nintendo's radio silence on Fire Emblem Switch is getting frustrating. We know it's coming this year from the financial briefing. And that's the first news in over a year about it. I hope it's good, and that it's a 2+ million seller. If that happens, fire Emblem is one of Nintendo's bigger franchises. Which would be amazing.
This fire emblem bout to change the game will be at 4-5 million. A spinoff is over a million. Theres no way a full blow beautiful fire emblem do just double that.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
This fire emblem bout to change the game will be at 4-5 million. A spinoff is over a million. Theres no way a full blow beautiful fire emblem do just double that.
That would be incredible, but I'm hesitant to guess that high until we see the game. But with the way everything seems to sell more on Switch, who knows? Could happen.

Jan 25, 2018
I know there are a lot of haters, but the game is one of the best representations of the musou genre and the sales are well-deserved. Here's hoping for a further expansion that introduces a range of characters from the series, clones or not.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I was confused by the numbers because I had totally forgot that the game also got a 3DS version, since it never charted on Switch charts much.

I wonder what the next Musou/Nintendo game will be

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This bodes well for Fire Emblem Switch. If a spinoff of a supposed niche genre can sell this much based on the FE IP alone, then the mainline game will probably end up the best selling FE in the franchise.

Cryxok

Oct 27, 2017
MĂ©xico
Really glad to hear it as I, as many, was under the impression it didn't perform that well
Was unsure at first but bit the bullet, bought it and have been enjoying it a lot. Has tons and tons of content, even before DLC. Hope to see Season2 or a sequel sooner rather than later!

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't even know how this happened, and I say that as someone that owns and enjoyed the game lol.

Props to KT and Nintendo. I didn't quite like it as much as HW, but it was still a good time killer.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Deserved. Really satisfying gameplay loop, and I loved the ability to manage AI via the pause screen. Hopefully Fire Emblem Warriors 2 happens so there's more balanced character representation from more games in the series (Genealogy, Thracia, Sacred Stones, and the Radiant duology especially). Hopefully there can be more moveset variety too.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Navarre is the clone though. Lyn was the original one in this game.

Read my previous post. Navarre was likely the basis of the moveset since he has been shown with two swords in the past but they gave it to Lyn when she had to get added late in development, despite not shown to use two swords until this game. Navarre only came later because he was padding for DLC.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Read my previous post. Navarre was likely the basis of the moveset since he has been shown with two swords in the past but they gave it to Lyn when she had to get added late in development, despite not shown to use two swords until this game. Navarre only came later because he was padding for DLC.

Well i can see your point but Lyn is the original for me cause i dont have to buy DLC :p Navarre is the best character in the game now though

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
The only thing I'm wondering is how well Hyrule Warriors DX will do.

Oct 26, 2017
Only thing that bugged me about this game really is that your allies can kill things as long as they are off screen.

As soon as you get close to them so they show up on screen they cease to do anything just stand around while throwing out a single attack every 30 seconds.

Oct 27, 2017
With this news, the DLC sales, and the fact they already had a sequel in mind that centered around Valentia, Elibe, and Tellius, it seems a sequel is all but happening. Even if Hyrule Warriors DX sells amazingly, it got two seasons of DLC plus has the majority of the important Zelda characters, compared to FE which even in reperesenting only three games didn't do such a great job.

Most of the Musou spinoff sequels happen with a year or two so I wonder how fast we'll get it. I imagine we'll hear something after the FE16 reveal, or it could happen together of there's an FE Direct or something.

Excited nonetheless.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't even know how this happened, and I say that as someone that owns and enjoyed the game lol.

Props to KT and Nintendo. I didn't quite like it as much as HW, but it was still a good time killer.
I mean, last numbers we had for sold in Japan are above 100K for NSW/3DS from the start of the year. I assume 50K more sold/shipped since then.

Knowing that, they just needed like 850 with the US, EU and Asia. FE is more popular in the US today and FEH is The top gacha game in the west, making the franchise more popular than ever, so I always expected at least 300K sold from the US. Add 100~200K to EU and a bit more to Asia, a strong region for all KT games... I always expected like 500K at least, but I guess it did a bit better than I expected everywhere considering digital too - it was charting decently on the JP eshop after the DLCs and discount price.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, last numbers we had for sold in Japan are above 100K for NSW/3DS from the start of the year. I assume 50K more sold/shipped since then.

Knowing that, they just needed like 850 with the US, EU and Asia. FE is more popular in the US today and FEH is The top gacha game in the west, making the franchise more popular than ever, so I always expected at least 300K sold from the US. Add 100~200K to EU and a bit more to Asia, a strong region for all KT games... I always expected like 500K at least, but I guess it did a bit better than I expected everywhere considering digital too - it was charting decently on the JP eshop after the DLCs and discount price.

Yeah I mean, I definitely expected it to do better in the west, but not enough to make it to 1m. I was really thinking the 700-800k range is where it would settle in the end, which still would've been good.

1m, however, is an insanely good result for this game. Hyrule Warriors DE might perform even better.

Nov 3, 2017
Great news. At the risk of being flamed I think a sequel should double down on Awakening, Fates, and Shadow Dragon characters instead of the main characters from the games that aren't represented. Adding a bunch of male sword lords does nothing for me.

Add FE Switch and Heroes to the roster, and I will be in full fucking support of this

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are crazy if you think they won't add Ike in a sequel, specially after so much people complaining about his absence in the first game.

Oct 27, 2017
All the rage over the roster seemed unreasonable. Fire Emblem has a ton of characters and they needed to focus on a few games for the first outing. 23 characters (even with some sharing move sets) is nothing to scoff at for the first entry in the series. Look at another of Koei Tecmos's crossover Warriors games: One Piece Pirate Warriors. First game had 13 playable characters. Second game had 27 (13 from the first game and 14 new ones). Third game has 37 characters (27 from the last game and 10 new ones). A sequel would retain the first games cast and expand.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Im no stranger to musou's. But this was my first "Fire Emblem" game and got me interested in the series. I bought Awakening after this to play. Im sure im not the only one (Which i assume Nintendo was hoping).

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Im no stranger to musou's. But this was my first "Fire Emblem" game and got me interested in the series. I bought Awakening after this to play. Im sure im not the only one (Which i assume Nintendo was hoping).
heh, I have a friend who bought Awakening, Conquest and Echoes after playing this, so no you're definitely not alone

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
All the rage over the roster seemed unreasonable. Fire Emblem has a ton of characters and they needed to focus on a few games for the first outing. 23 characters (even with some sharing move sets) is nothing to scoff at for the first entry in the series. Look at another of Koei Tecmos's crossover Warriors games: One Piece Pirate Warriors. First game had 13 playable characters. Second game had 27 (13 from the first game and 14 new ones). Third game has 37 characters (27 from the last game and 10 new ones). A sequel would retain the first games cast and expand.
No it wasn't unreasonable, the series has 15 games, focusing on only 3 doesn't make sense, also 14 new characters for a sequel would be laughable, that would mean only 2 games being represented, what do you want? 5 warrior games until every game is represented?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
No it wasn't unreasonable, the series has 15 games, focusing on only 3 doesn't make sense, also 14 new characters for a sequel would be laughable, that would mean only 2 games being represented, what do you want? 5 warrior games until every game is represented?

HW launched with only 3 games being represented, also for FEW they went for the first game and the most relevant titles (yes i said it, old games arent relevant to the current audience of awakening/fates). The problem imo is the dlc, in which they decided to bring more characters from the same games i guess because they were still targeting the expanded audience from awakening/fates.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are these good sales for a musou title? I don't really follow sales much on musou titles. I own the game but don't own a switch, so I'm part of this count.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
HW launched with only 3 games being represented, also for FEW they went for the first game and the most relevant titles (yes i said it, old games arent relevant to the current audience of awakening/fates). The problem imo is the dlc, in which they decided to bring more characters from the same games i guess because they were still targeting the expanded audience from awakening/fates.
"Relevant", cmon I think FEH has already shown that it this argument wrong. Also Zelda main characters are always the same 3 regardless of the game, it isn't true for FE.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing of note, Navarre is known for having two swords in his art,

He's only known for 2 swords in the obscure Fire Emblem OVA.

px02SvB.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the dude from the old forum who posted the now infamous thread about wanting a FE Musou, only to be widely mocked, on here?

Dude must feel great.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No, Navarre frequently has two swords in artwork. His Shadow Dragon art has him holding two swords, and numerous illustrations from both TCGs have Navarre with two swords.