• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Over a year ago in February 2017, Nintendo confirmed a mainline FE title was in development for the Switch in an FE Direct to be released in 2018.

Here we are, two directs into 2018 and there is no sign of the title (Fates was revealed in a January Direct and launched in the US the next February)

Normally I'd say wait til E3, but FE is a very Japan-appealing game and I don't see them putting a lot of time in it for E3 when that could be devoted to Smash, Prime 4 etc.

There's still a chance that it could be revealed in another direct (possibly an FE one) before E3 but if it's a no show at E3 I think it might be delayed til next year.

What do you think ERA?

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I don't think its going to come out this year. It doesn't need to either, it can be a March 2019 title and it'll likely do just fine. This Fall seems packed with Smash and possibly Pokemon Gen 8.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
could go either way honestly but I feel like since they've already said 2018 that it'll be 2018

without that though it really does feel like a late winter early spring 2019 title, I feel like that's the perfect slot for a fire emblem game. especially if pokemon or something comes to help fill out the latter half of 2018

but they've been hitting dates with Switch software so I'm still betting on 2018

Oct 27, 2017
I still think it's coming this year. Xenoblade 2 is also a very Japanese RPG and besides the short trailer at the January presentation, we didn't see anything else on it until E3. Blowout on Fire Emblem at E3. Release in September/October.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with delaying FE is that the release has to be coordinated with FE Cipher, and any delay would impact the planning for that game. Before Fates, it wouldn't be a big deal to delay the game, but now there are other factors at play. I think NCL and IS will do everything possible to release the game in Japan during 2018.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with delaying FE is that the release has to be coordinated with FE Cipher, and any delay would impact the planning for that game. Before Fates, it wouldn't be a big deal to delay the game, but now there are other factors at play. I think NCL and IS will do everything possible to release the game in Japan during 2018.
Wtf is FE Cipher

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
We just had this thread, and it was quickly locked for "lack of information to go on". My answer remains the same.

ASaiyan said:
I think they'll just be revealing it at E3 for a Q3/Q4 release. Fates had a quick turnaround too as others have said.

Might miss 2018 outside of Japan for the translation though.

My dream is
September Fire Emblem
October/November Smash
November/December Pokemon
-__- Well this can't be true I know. Fire Emblem can also be a December title just like XC2 last year.
I think this is more possible than you think. Smash is a lock for this year, and by all accounts the next Pokemon games are being rushed out the door for 2018. Combine this with my suspicions that Fire Emblem won't slip, and you have a jam-packed 2018 rivaling the Mario-Splatoon-Zelda combo of last year. Maybe even bigger if Animal Crossing shows up at E3.

Feb 14, 2018
Berkeley
My dream is
September Fire Emblem
October/November Smash
November/December Pokemon
-__- Well this can't be true I know. Fire Emblem can also be a December title just like XC2 last year.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling like March 2019 for this one.

Having Smash be their big swing this holiday makes me wonder how they will value other 2018 titles. I imagine Yoshi will be August or September, then Smash will be November.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
There was already a thread on this, but no, there's absolutely no reason to suspect a delay at this point. It was announced for 2018, and there haven't been any delayed first party titles on the Switch yet.

It's been in development since late 2015 - early 2016, and IS has historically been able to churn out titles with some rapidity. Not only that, but they've been narrowing the JP-NA release gap for Fire Emblem consistently, such that Echoes had only a month between its releases, while boasting full voice acting to boot.

It's also possible that there could be a Fire Emblem Direct prior to E3, as there are typically several Directs this time of year, before June. Or, Fire Emblem Switch could be a more impressive graphical leap than anticipated, and could be intended as an E3 tentpole, especially after Heroes' boom.

I'm expecting it to be September-October still, reserving November for a potential Pokemon target.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I still think it's a 2018 release - no reason to assume otherwise.

The recent Direct and previous Direct mini showed content largely due between now and June/July, and if FE is something like a October-December release, they've got no reason to show anything now.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
No, I think we'll see it during E3. They probably just wanted to save it for then.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

QUick google search says it's the card game that's tied to teh FE franchise. I thinck Chalpy insinuates that the meta of the game would be held back by a delay of the new Fire Emblem.

That's correct, FE Cipher is a trading card that released alongside Fates in Japan, and every 3 months a new expansion has been added to the game. Obviously everything needs to be planned way in advance, and they can't change their schedule on a dime.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Could? Sure. Will? No.

Didn't we have this exact same thread a month ago?

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NO. This was a H1 Direct. Can we please stop with this "Is this game being delayed?" when ~nothing~ points to that. We aren't from Nintendo, so until they say something, it's always better to believe in the actual schedule they have, like what happened last year with Xenoblade 2.

At least wait until E3. It's March!

Oct 27, 2017
If Smash and Pokémon hit this year I imagine those and Yoshi will be our holiday games

I'm fine with FE being an early 2019 title

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yoshi didnt show up in the direct and neither did any additional info on blastoise for pokken, but I dont think those are delayed. I think they are saving their holiday stuff for E3 and smash was just throwing us a bone

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
So many Nintendo games lately have had tighter turnarounds than usual that I still don't think it's unthinkable it makes this year. It was most likely always going to be H2.

If it's revealed before E3 then August-ish can still be doable. I think worst-case scenario would be September/Octoberish. Maaaaaybe December at the absolute worst??

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I still think it's coming this year. Xenoblade 2 is also a very Japanese RPG and besides the short trailer at the January presentation, we didn't see anything else on it until E3. Blowout on Fire Emblem at E3. Release in September/October.
unfortunately, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could've used a lot more time in the oven. Hope it's different for Fire Emblem

Jonbjohns

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I don't want it to come out this year. I'm fresh off of Echoes and playing an absurd amount of FE Warriors. I know Warriors isn't the same genre and echoes was a remake, but a Switch title this year would make way too much fire emblem in two years

Perd Hapley

Oct 25, 2017
Still betting on Fall for this, December at latest. They didn't show Yoshi today either, and there's no doubt that's still coming this year too.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as Nintendo keeps hitting timeframes with the Switch I wouldn't even bother wondering. We'll see it when we see it but it'll be out this year.

Let's not make this into the nonsense logic that followed Xenoblade 2 up to release. People making threads or posts thinking it was going to get delayed without a single good reason to believe so and yet it released on time. If Nintendo says 2018 then it's coming. Simple as that

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Absolutely. I do not think is August and I do not see it in the fall or December -it is a month for more niche games-. If it was this year it would have already been announced at this point.

So, yeah, it is a 2019 title. i do think tey delayed to better fill the gaps as Nintendo must mot have that much for H1 2019 and there is not that much that you can port from the Wii U -Xenoblade, mario 3dworld and pikmin from the top of my head-. I

Another reason why I think they delayed is to make at least a new 3ds version. Nintendo is not unifying development in the end and it is putting more effort into 3ds both this year and specially last year. Obviously not unifying development and bringing your A game to your 7-year old handheld while your new console is not the priority does not help new games wise, yet another reason they have to fill the gaps delaying I think.

Yoshi could be another game I can see delayed. It will have a 3ds version guaranteed I think. Same for TWEWY final remix.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
It'll take Xenoblade 2's slot, I think. Hope it'll get a separate direct later on in the year because it is definitely going to get overshadowed during E3

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was probably slated for the first half of the year, but was delayed to Fall to allow for more development time. Same with Yoshi probably. This would explain why Nintendo is relying more on Wii U ports for the first half of the year. That way Nintendo can quickly patch a hole left by a missing first party release without having to create a new game from scratch, which comes in handy when a game gets abruptly delayed.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The weird thing is that Smash was announced this week and is for 2018 and FE and Metroid Prime 4 were announced last year and we don't known absolutely nothing.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I do not think is August and I do not see it in the fall or December -it is a month for more niche games-. If it was this year it would have already been announced at this point.

So, yeah, it is a 2019 title. i do think tey delayed to better fill the gaps as Nintendo must mot have that much for H1 2019 and there is not that much that you can port from the Wii U -Xenoblade, mario 3dworld and pikmin from the top of my head-. I

Another reason why I think they delayed is to make at least a new 3ds version. Nintendo is not unifying development in the end and it is putting more effort into 3ds both this year and specially last year. Obviously not unifying development and bringing your A game to your 7-year old handheld while your new console is not the priority does not help new games wise, yet another reason they have to fill the gaps delaying I think.

Yoshi could be another game I can see delayed. It will have a 3ds version guaranteed I think. Same for TWEWY final remix.
This whole post is straight up bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's still due for 2018.

Don't forget they didn't show Yoshi Switch either during this direct. I suspect it will be announced officially at E3.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
People somehow so skeptical of getting games.
Smash is a port.
FE delayed.
Nothing else this year.

It's weird.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

That's not likely, IS said last year that Echoes was to be the last FE title for the 3DS.

Oct 27, 2017

Do people seriously believe this?

Oct 27, 2017
Smash is a port.
FE delayed.
Nothing else this year.

It's weird.

Xenoblade 2 will never make 2017.
Splatoon 2 is actually a port in disguise.
That Mario Odyssey footage in the Switch reveal trailer isn't even real.

Switch has attracted a lot of looney skepticism when it comes to the games. I guess after generations of software droughts and abuse from third parties, some people can't adapt to the new reality.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
They said it was this year and there is nothing to indicate that it isn't. It will probably be shown off by E3 and release near the end of the year. Pretty common practice for Nintendo.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This has to be bait...right?

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Over a year ago in February 2017, Nintendo confirmed a mainline FE title was in development for the Switch in an FE Direct to be released in 2018.

Here we are, two directs into 2018 and there is no sign of the title (Fates was revealed in a January Direct and launched in the US the next February)

Normally I'd say wait til E3, but FE is a very Japan-appealing game and I don't see them putting a lot of time in it for E3 when that could be devoted to Smash, Prime 4 etc.

There's still a chance that it could be revealed in another direct (possibly an FE one) before E3 but if it's a no show at E3 I think it might be delayed til next year.

What do you think ERA?
Why would it be delayed?? We still on the dark all the way frok July to December, and we have E3 in june. if it does not make it way to june E3 then yes, its delayed, otherwise, likely still ln track
Smash is a port.
FE delayed.
Nothing else this year.

It's weird.
Haters gotta hate

Status
Not open for further replies.