• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Hi era,

From jeuxvideo.com :

It was during Japan Expo that we met Genki Yokota and Toshiyuki Kasukihara, respectively producer and director of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The opportunity to discuss the novelties of this highly anticipated opus.

Kasukihara-san: To end the game with just one of the three houses, it took me 80 hours. I did not cut the vocals or cutscenes, of course. So if you want to do the three paths, it can take you more than 200 hours.

the rest here ( in french), sorry it's a long interview and my english is not good enough to translate totally.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
meanwhile i paid 60 bucks for barely 10 hours of kirby fun

edit: wait i actually didn't, i bought it used.

Last edited:

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I just wanna know if there's NG+ that keeps Byleth's instructor levels so you can get more customization when playing the second and third route. It might make me change my mind of which house I start with.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
Believable. I've put in more in the handheld titles on 3DS, I really want this game to be good since i need that itch. Also is the battle perspective locked in this game?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
even if that's 200 hours spread between the Three Houses. Over 66 hours for each story is fine.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
There is no such thing as a single player RPG with 200 hours of good content. When will this obsession with how many hours of your time a game can waste end?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
*sigh*and here I thought I'd be playing a variety of different games this second half of the year...

Honestly, this, DQXIS and Witcher 3 are high on my list, so good luck everything else!

Astral Chain has my sword, though

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
It might be the truth since they seems to be copying Persona 3/4/5 school and calendar system. These games have way too much filler though.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh, sounds awful. Probably won't even finish one path with that length so I hope it's a bluff.

If it's 200 hours for "true ending" then fuck that

Oct 27, 2017
This actually doesn't sound good. Fire Emblem Fates felt like it lasted too long after one route, let alone three. I really was hoping that they would go the "three houses storylines converging into one," concept rather than making each one its own thing, can't imagine each one will be as great as each other now.

OP
OP
Kalasai

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
For the change between the three way :

Finally, one of the last questions that arises is that of the lifetime. Since the player can choose between three houses, there are three relatively different scenarios (or at least three different visions of the same scenario) that result in three ends. The choice being made after barely an hour of play, the developers intend to encourage the players to make the story of the three houses in full, which will obviously not be a trivial matter

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it'll all be quality content, won't overstay its welcome and will definitely respect your time.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
We already know you can skip a lot of the school stuff and get right to the story battles, so a lot of those hours can be cut out if someone's not into all that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
even with all the dlc witcher 3 is what...150 hours max? I think it only took me like 100 and I really savored it.

also, witcher 3 is exception to the rule. too many games are padded with pointless brainless shit, regardless of how good witcher 3 is
Doing all sidequests with minimal other exploration got me to like 260

Dot-N-Run

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the 3DS playlog, I've put over 300 hours into Fates. So it might not just be some extremely generous/hyperbolic estimate of playtime after all..

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Kinda hilarious they split it into three with Fates but include it all here in one game this time around...Fates was such an expensive endeavour for fans.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
The director is obviously referring to finishing most if not all the content of all three routes. With so many social and customization in Three Houses, I think 200 hours is a reasonable number, if not an understatement.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
If true and not usual PR marketing fluff that is waaaay longer than I'd want to spend in a srpg style like FE. For games like these I'd say 30-40hours max and even then games like Conquest wore out its welcome by the end

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
He specifically notes that he didn't skip the voicework or cutscenes, which would add quite a bit of time (especially since the game is fully voice acted in every textbox). On top of that Fire Emblem can have very difficult segments can demand players retrying and that alone can take a while. There's also a lot more of "in-between" time before each major map encounter with new character dialogue reacting to story events, quests appearing, customization and other social elements time and so on.

That being said, the game also isn't very slow either, the menus are snappy, there's a speed up function in combat like the 3DS games, even walking around the monastery allows you to dash around pretty quickly.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
o_O

damn lol. I looked up average numbers, just to make sure I wasn't an outlier

I've played The Witcher III up and down in the base game and most (if not all) content from the expansions. It's still under 200 hours (though for those more "completionist" than me, I could see how it could reach a bit over 200. 250+ means there's a lot of something extra in there.

In any case, I'd be surprised if Fire Emblem: Three Houses could even touch fingers with that overall package quality. Reviews and general impressions will let me know soon I suppose.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I assume that involves sidequests, relationship building an just general dicking around (those last two can be taken as the same) otherwise....

(X) Doubt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care how long or not long it is. Just make the game fun and good enough to make me want to play all parts and not feel like I need to force myself to play like I did at some points with Fates.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it looks like I'm only playing this game once.

I'm really curious how different these routes are and how the differences compare to Fates's differences. If they actually essentially mirrored what Fates did but put it one package this time for $60 (rather than an $80 3DS game), that'll be an impressive change in approach.

I'm also curious how the DLC story will play into the plot and if the routes will be reflected there.

Dont think people would want a 200 hour Kirby game

*ahem*

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
I always run out of steam in Fire Emblem games before I even finish one storyline, but I'm happy the game time is here for people who want it.