• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Now Male Byleth can finally take his place as the superior version

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to seeing Maddening impressions.

There's still supposed to be a 4th difficulty coming as well, right?

They managed the Xenoblade 2 expansion pass in a very similar way, giving items and costumes in the first waves to finally drop, basically, a prequel with Torna: The Golden Country, I really hope they do something similar with this game.

Don't set your expectations high, FE DLC is typically a lot of nothing for a high price.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
Xavi it'll probably better if you separate the pass wave 2 contents with the free ones. byleth va & goddess tower event gallery is free, like maddening

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
It's still called Lunatic in Japanese, weird.

EEJW40NU4AAsrC0.jpg:orig

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Don't set your expectations high, FE DLC is typically a lot of nothing for a high price.
It's already starting Better is the sense that this season pass didn't lock away a higher Difficulty. That was disappointing honestly with Xenoblade

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game just released. I wouldn't expect a ton of content right now from DLC

Xenoblade 2 Pass started out like this as well. Hopefully they can match some of Xenoblade 2 DLC content wise.
Did Xenoblade 2 advertise only 4 waves like this game did, or did they have multiple updates throughout the pass? I played the game a year after it came out, so I legit don't know.

Wave 3 is going to be more costumes and battles and a free update, while wave 4 is the big story update. I hope the costumes are more interesting than the costumes in this wave at least. Not a fan of most of them so far. Outside of the story update, the wave 3 free update is what I'm looking forward to the most, if this free update is anything to go off of.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
damn. jp still use the term lunatic. why don't they just keep it with that for English instead renaming it to maddening?

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017

Well, the fact they are selling this as season pass instead of separate missions that basically equalized the price of the base game is a good preamble. Any way, let's see and wait how they will handle this, hoping for the best.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Interesting that they went with "Maddening" instead of "Lunatic" like in the JP version & in Heroes. I can certainly understand if they changed it due to it being considered disrespectful towards mental health, though if that's the case I hope they switch the terminology in Heroes as well. Honestly, I would have just jumped straight to "Infernal", since you still have "Abyssal" if you want to add a fourth difficulty for whatever reason.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019

Don't believe so. I know about the datamine but I think they just made it into one difficulty and that's maddening. Maybe they add infernal or something in the last patch for the game next year but I doubt it. We'll see how hard maddening is and if it could be harder or if it's already stupid hard.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, nice stealth update.

This game took over 200 hours of my life...I will not get sucked back in...

But glasses and tank tops.......adsfadfs

Time to swap to English!

Please let Bernadetta's va not be as loud and shrieky as she is in Japanese.

The English VA is absolutely amazing. They nailed it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Does anyone mind taking some pics of the new attire and putting it in like an imgur gallery?

I'm on the fence for buying the dlc (been more interested in waiting to hear what the story content will be)

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
posting this here as well (v.1.0.2 patch notes)

New and Updated Features
  • Added Maddening mode to the New Game difficulty options. Note that if you clear Maddening mode without selecting New Game +, the title screen will change.
  • Increased the bonus Renown for selecting New Game + at the start of the game.
    • In addition to the usual difficulty bonus, 10,000 Pts. will now be added each time you clear a path.
    • The max threshold for bonus Renown is now 50,000 Pts.
    • If you already started playing using New Game + before applying the DLC data, 10,000 Pts. per cleared path will be added to each save slot the first time it is loaded.
    • Up to Ver.1.0.1, only the type of path cleared was saved but not the number of clears for the same path, which will now be saved applying the DLC Ver.1.0.2.
  • Added Goddess Tower to the Event Gallery in Extras. Use the ZL/ZR Buttons to select the Goddess Tower page, then choose a character event to replay.
    • The Event Gallery is unlocked once you've cleared the game.
  • Implemented new English voice for Byleth (male).
  • New Expansion Pass Content:
    • A new set of items
      • You can receive this set of items as DLC Supplies from the bed in Byleth's Personal Quarters. Each save file can receive these supplies: Sacred Galewind Shoes (Movement +1), Sacred Floral Robe (HP +7), Sacred Snowmelt Drop (Strength +3), Sacred Moonstone (Speed +3).
    • Additional auxiliary battles
      • There are five additional auxiliary battles in the Expansion Pass: Battle at Lake Teutates, Battle in the Forest, Battle at Gronder Field, Battle at the Sealed Forest, and Battle at Conand Tower.
      • Depending on your progress, one of them will be listed in the battle-selection screen.
      • These additional auxiliary battles will be marked with the yellow "!" icon in the battle-selection screen. As a bonus, these battles may give you status-up items, such as Ailell Pomegranate, and an increased Gold reward in addition to the Bullions.
      • All maps will consume one activity point to start.
    • A new song (Corridor of the Tempest)
      • You can access the new song (Corridor of the Tempest) from the System menu while you are in an auxiliary battle. You can also listen to it in the Music Library.
    • New attire/accessory (House Loungewear / Glasses for Byleth)
      • The new attire (House Loungewear) is for the protagonist and students. Swap outfits in Byleth's Personal Quarters from the Journal. These outfits are only wearable inside the monastery, or for specific unit classes during battle (this varies by character).
      • The new attire cannot be sent along with a traveler.
      • The new accessory (Glasses) can also be put on in Byleth's Personal Quarters. They can be combined with any other attire. The glasses can be worn in the monastery and during battle.
    • A confirmation message is now displayed when you abandon an item during battle.

General
  • Fixed the bug that caused the game to freeze when Fortify was used while equipped with a certain skill.
  • Addressed the incorrect character design in event still images.
  • Fixed the bug that incorrectly displayed a Caspar line as Linhardt's during the White Heron Cup.
  • Fixed the bug that displayed a "TBD" message when mastering combat.
  • Fixed the bug in the cut-in sequence for a CRITICAL attack.
  • Fixed the bug that prevented Rescue magic from working properly to move an ally to a space near the user.
  • Fixed the bug that accidentally let the player enter the closed-off desk corridor in the Cardinals' Room.
  • Some text has been revised.
  • The gameplay has been improved by addressing a few additional bugs.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, just when i said i won't play another route until a higher difficulty releases.

Oct 25, 2017
So Maddening seems like a GIANT buff to enemy levels, with a corresponding nerf to Experience gain. During that first training battle against the enemy houses, the opponents are levels 7 and 8.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does the wave description or this thread contain spoilers? I am barely on Chapter 9, and I am not sure what to expect of something called "wave 2"

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
So Maddening seems like a GIANT buff to enemy levels, with a corresponding nerf to Experience gain. During that first training battle against the enemy houses, the opponents are levels 7 and 8.

Well I sure hope it's more than just an Awakening style "we inflated the enemy stats to a stupid degree."

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Gah I was so looking forward to this difficulty update but i have no time to really delve into the mode rn, so sad...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite deep into my second run, and the lack of variety in the auxiliary battles has definitely bogged things down more than anything else in the game (this is what happens when you play NG+ and start with a Professor Rank of A+ out of the gate, but feel compelled to spend all your battle activity points when you take a weekend to clear a Paralogue), but I'm close enough to the end at this point that I think I'll at least close out this route before I grab the patch or any DLC content.

Nice to see an additional difficulty, along with an additional reward for doing it on a fresh save (though now the lack of save slots is becoming a real problem). Hard/Classic was already far too easy on my first run when I was still fumbling around the new systems, and trying NG+ out of curiosity basically lowered the whole difficulty by a tier beyond that.

Didn't know the Goddess Tower scenes weren't previously in the gallery. I suppose nothing would unlock retroactively, though?

I've cleared Edelgard's path so far and am almost done with Dimitri's, and while I need a nice long break from the game, I think the approach from here will be to run Claude's on Maddening/NG+ to get a hang of the changes and tuning, then run the church route on a fresh Maddening. That should be more than enough to keep me busy until the actual DLC expansion story, whatever it is (I strongly suspect a Torna-like prequel, given everything that has been set up in the game), in April 2020.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Oh shit was this announced earlier that this was coming today? Did I miss it? Happy to hear I get a ton of renown from my other playthroughs now. that's going to make repeated playthroughs even easier/better.

The more I see them, the dumber they are (the new outfits I mean). Fire Emblem should take extra notes from Persona
for DLC outfits!
I agree, but at least it's not a bunch of skimpy stuff (until the Sauna DLC anyways)