• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone memed him, now it is the Dark Knight's revenge

also Blue Lions Basketball team
EEJocFyUwAAnR7Q.png

Best house/team!

Salmander

Oct 25, 2017
Well just tried the tutorial battle, doesn't seem too bad for now, I'll see if I want to continue with classic but hopefully IS balanced this somewhat fairly (im a lil terrified of buffed death knight)

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Man, I actually really kinda hope that the alternate costumes are still lore friendly, you know? Appropriately tailored to the setting and all that. That the alternate costume is something that is so incredibly silly and is inappropriate to the setting of the game itself is kinda killing the mood for me personally.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Holy crap is Maddening hard on NG. It might actually be fully designed for NG+, which would totally fucking blow. This is totally not what I was expecting, and almost certainly not what I wanted. Seems so much more difficult in the early game than the highest difficulty of Conquest or Awakening.
You get a new title screen for clearing it on NG instead of NG+, so they definitely wanted people to try it that way.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I actually really kinda hope that the alternate costumes are still lore friendly, you know? Appropriately tailored to the setting and all that. That the alternate costume is something that is so incredibly silly and is inappropriate to the setting of the game itself is kinda killing the mood for me personally.

yeah...they look terrible too

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's time to ask the real questions like who would win the Three Houses basketball tournament. Would anyone be able to block Claude's legendary upside down shot?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

wait until you see the Garreg Mach mascot costume they have cooking

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Maddening gives huge boosts to enemy speed. Forget doubling enemies, most will double even your faster characters unless you are grinding.

Yay, a reason to use some of the slower characters!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's very strange why they went with the basketball look.

At least it should create some humorous fan art.

Magnemania

Jan 25, 2018
Holy crap is Maddening hard on NG. It might actually be fully designed for NG+, which would totally fucking blow. This is totally not what I was expecting, and almost certainly not what I wanted. Seems so much more difficult in the early game than the highest difficulty of Conquest or Awakening.

Harder than Conquest, not as absurd as Awakening's Lunatic or Lunatic+. The player seems to be forced into using the Lord/Byleth in a similar manner to how the player is forced to use Frederick, but the player is rewarded for funneling experience into them.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
Nice. NG+ maddening it is.
Will probably wait a little longer, hoping for additional side quests

Feb 12, 2019
I honestly wish I'd waited until this came out before I started my New Game + playthrough. I'm only a few chapters from the end of Blue Lions route and everyone is over-leveled to the point of things being pathetically easy, even on hard. Those bonuses add up!

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Started a new save and played the tutorial mission on madenning.

I didn't lose anyone, but not gonna lie it made me sweat for a second there.

So we got Kuroko's Basketball, Zach Aguilar-Byleth, and maddening mode correct?

Wonder what's next...

inb4 beach outfits in the next wave

On a serious note, I personally want to see modern outfits for all the characters; then we can officially call 3H Persona Emblem.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Dang I cant believe I missed them. Glad though cause that hairstyle is >>>>>> dragon buns. It would have made picking the other houses more difficult.

Claudes alt is amazing lol

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No seriously, I can't even begin to imagine any method to reliably counter Death Knight right now, hahah.

Any ideas? Just rushing through to the enemy's commander, I guess and hope for the best? Damn.
If i'm remembering the 1st map correctly there are tiles where you get an evasion boost so, to paraphrase Chrom, pick a tile and pray.

That or spam gambits until Lysithea or a combat art can KO the in a round; on NG+ you could unlock certain combat arts that deal a ton of damage with axes or equip yourself with a battalion with high Avo/STR/MAG boosts.

Honestly this mode sounds like it's a nightmare unless you've already beaten the game.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Goddess Tower scenes have been added to the Event Gallery with the new update
God please tell me they're all already unlocked...
I just finished the 4th route and completed ALL supports... I don't want to replay the game as both Byleths until chapter 9 just to grind these events..

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone: *Imagines flashy, sexy, ludicrous costumes*

Koei Tecmo: "Who's up for some b-ball?"

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I wondered if they did some kind of update. I am in Chapter 7 on NG+ play through, BE, and Sylvain's brother came out to meet me halfway through the battle. NEVER seen any of them move out from their starting spots before. It made it a LOT harder to get the accuracy ring because I had to split my army in two, and make sure that nobody took the boss out before I could defeat the guy in the corner with the ring. I'm interested to see if the Death Knight is going to chase me as well in the next chapter ...