• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For your first run are you playing on...

• Normal/Classic

• Hard/Classic

• Normal/Casual

• Hard/Casual

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I've been talking with my brother about this game and he says it is giving him Mass Effect vibes, where the Monastery Hub is similar to the Normandy, and I kind of like the comparison. Should be excellent for multiple playthroughs. My hype levels are thru the roof right now.

And if it can be beaten in 45 hours then there is the small possibility I can beat my first route in the first weekend as long as I put in like 15 hours a day into it xD

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i might fly over the previews, but honestly, i don't really need so see/read anymore about this game. Plus it's only 14 days until release.

At least they aced it with the BOTW sequel announcement. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the next time they show it the footage underwhelms and Fanbase Worry Ensues. lol

To be fair ... it's BotW. They would actively need to try to mess up a BotW announcement. ^^

And if it can be beaten in 45 hours then there is the small possibility I can beat my first route in the first weekend as long as I put in like 15 hours a day into it xD

Don't forget to drink and eat!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Game sounds really freaking good.

The story changing drastically based on your choices sounds like a welcome addition after how horrible Fates's plot was.

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
I've been talking with my brother about this game and he says it is giving him Mass Effect vibes, where the Monastery Hub is similar to the Normandy, and I kind of like the comparison. Should be excellent for multiple playthroughs. My hype levels are thru the roof right now.

Don't think it is a good idea to play FE in long session... it will fry my brain if I do so lol. Unless you really have little gaming time, I would suggest taking your time.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Okay fine, I'll get this game.

This'll be the first Fire Emblem I get since Awakening. I loved the games on GBA and GameCube.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
This game might very well be better than Awakening (which is looking VERY likely), but I'm almost positive it'll get a sub-90 metascore. Scoring 90 is quite tough these days, especially with so many reviews.

Awakening wasn;t a 92 game if we're being honest, and I say that as someone that really liked it. I expect this to be scored more realistically without the surprise element Awakening had

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
This game might very well be better than Awakening (which is looking VERY likely), but I'm almost positive it'll get a sub-90 metascore. Scoring 90 is quite tough these days, especially with so many reviews.

Eh, I'd say that if the story and the mechanics are as good as the reviewer says it is, then low 90's (89-91) would be feasible.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
My god, the hype is consuming me, please someone help me! The fact that each path has it's own multiple endings just sealed the deal for me, this game is going to be amazing. My only concern is the resoultion when the preview said it can look a bit fuzzy at times and I'm wondering how it will look like in handheld mode...

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Going Hard/Classic Black Eagles first and will be using the rewind feature. It was great in Shadows of Valentia as a quick reset to figure out a better strategy, while being on Classic still makes me wary of messing up.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I don't want to read through the preview because I'm avoiding news about the game.
So he played on classic/normal and it felt too easy? or was it casual/normal?

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
This game needs to come out already. It's just good news every day, I'm shocked there hasn't been something that's made me even a little pessimistic. Is this really post-Awakening FE?

I'm so glad that they delayed this game (at least) twice. It looks like it has really paid off. I do agree that the visuals are a bit lacking in terms of shadows/occasional fuzziness, but I am MORE than willing to "suffer" through that for a game that plays well, has such amazing presentation, and has a good story. It seems they've really learned from Awakening/Fates/SoV and have taken the best parts of each, while listening to what the fans want.

They've done a great job marketing this game over the past two months. Character intros and features more or less every day, more details on the continent and overall lore, and since the E3 trailer it's just been blowout after blowout. The E3 trailer really put any of my concerns with the potential for it to be a "anime school simulator" to rest. This is their best chance to make FE truly mainstream and to me, it looks like they've gone all out. We'll have to see if it's as good as I'm hoping but I'm 110% sold.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
im so so so happy they did away with the weapon triangle and went with the echoes arts system

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Don't think it is a good idea to play FE in long session... it will fry my brain if I do so lol. Unless you really have little gaming time, I would suggest taking your time.

Haha, nah I'm just a person that binges. I beat Trails of Cold Steel last week by putting in about 70 hours over 10 days, so I expect my first run of Three Houses will be somewhat similar.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else impressed about how general opinion about the game got better with more information released?

Now, i know, especially for Nintendo games, never judge until close to release. But i do think that Nintendo should work on having a better "first impression" when the announce a game.
First impressions aren't as important as long as the initial impression isn't negative.

Nintendo has gotten a lot of great reception off first impressions lately in the switch era tho. So I don't think they need to work on this. Fire Emblem seems like a case of wanting to work slowly in their reveals, which is understandable since it's a huge game and combining many different elements together for the first time for Fire Emblem.

Luigi Mansion was more of a teaser of it exist, it actually had a very positive reception in general. And it manage to built off that even more.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Been replaying Awakening in anticipation and damn is that game stellar... Helping wash the bad taste of Fates out of my mouth. I see how it got a 92 upon release. Not perfect, but pretty close.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Usually high quality console games score higher than high quality handheld games.
Awakening took many reviewers by surprise at the time and Fire Emblem as a brand has expanded a lot since then. I think many will be coming into this with a more critical eye than they initially did for Awakening.

It should still score well, I can't imagine anything below an 85 average, and I think 90+ is possible also. Just getting to 93 means that it needs to have virtually unanimous glowing reviews.

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good preview, but it doesn't say anything of the main thing I'm worried about: map design and variety during the battles themselves.
Do you think they hated the map design and the battles if their first reaction after finishing was: "Man, this game was so good I need to do another playthrough with a different house immediately."

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Don't laugh at me for playing casual, haven't played that many Fire Emblem games yet. :P
For the other Fire Emblem games, I played casual and then, if a character died in the middle of the battle, I reset the game... so basically as if it was classic, but if a character dies in the real last turn of a long and difficult battle, at least I don't have to redo everything. It's more something that reassures me.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
This game will consume me, I'm thinking of spreading each house playthrough through the year.

Black Eagles run and then take a break for Daemon x Machina

Golden Deer run and then take a break for Astral Chain

Blue Lions run and then take a break for Cold Steel III and Links Awakening.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Wow very exciting preview. It might fill that Game of Throne/Harry Potter void.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly as someone who already tended to play classic, the rewind feature also makes it a much easier sell

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I don't know if I can resist. I think I'll buy it and go through all the houses. Can always trade it in for Pokemon or Luigis Mansion in the future and lose maybe €15.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
For late night 3D anime.
no, what I means what fps is the standard for animes if 24fps is a new trend?

e.g. with how many fps runs One Punch Man or Deathnote and so on.

Also how is it that a movie seems ok with 24 fps but with animation it seems a bit choppy?
Is it just because of how the "real" movies are filmed?

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WELP I DO BELIEVE I'VE SEEN ENOUGH TO BE SUFFCIENTLY HYPED OH MY BUDDHA

Can't fuckin' wait

Deleted member 32106

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
no, what I means what fps is the standard for animes if 24fps is a new trend?

e.g. with how many fps runs One Punch Man or Deathnote and so on.

Also how is it that a movie seems ok with 24 fps but with animation it seems a bit choppy?
Is it just because of how the "real" movies are filmed?
Typical 2D hand drawn are 12 picture per second. Each frame repeat itself to nearly 24 frame per sec. late night 3D tend to mimic these so it will look choppy than normal 3D pixar

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So do we think the rest of the previews are coming out tomorrow, or next thursday? It seems that one of those two is the most likely for this to be published early

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
What's your dream FE crossover game and in what genre?

I personally want an FE x Soul Calibur fighting game.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
I absolutely love this, and it comes with lore narration? That's my jam

YqtbHbt.png

NlmY1hJ.png

SP7lr0M.png

Status
Not open for further replies.