• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For your first run are you playing on...

• Normal/Classic

• Hard/Classic

• Normal/Casual

• Hard/Casual

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
92 MC but probably wont get nominated for GOTY because Keighley doesnt give a fuck about FE or XC2. 🤣

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
I believe that Hard Mode may also add more dangerous Skills on enemy units like it did in Fates, at least from what I played in the Conquest version.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Fuck it, I'm in.

image0.png
Welcome, Black Eagle.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Seeing the attack animations look so good once more definitely put a smile on my face. I like to think the Koei Tecmo staff helped with that.

Oh, and I'm still very much on Team Wu-I mean, Gold Deer.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, i'd like to skim through some of the previews ... on the other hand, i don't really want to know more things this close to launch and there's a good chance the previews make waiting even more of a drag.

And still 2 weeks before release!

Wonder how much impact these vouchers had on this game.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Not as high on the nordic e-shop list, placing itself at 17. But we're a small market so doesnt really matter.

Think I saw it was #1 on the Japanese e-shop though. I'm sure those vouchers are killing with this game.
I've never actually played a Fire Emblem game, I do have the case and manual for Path of Radiance but no disc hah. But I still am very much intrigued.. could someone sell me on Fire Emblem?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose Smash played its part to have for the first time some entries localized but FE is what it is today because they did awesome work with the 3DS games.
Oh yeah Awakening was undoubtedly the biggest reason for FE becoming the bigger series it is.

I'm just curious if it would have gotten to that point if Smash hadn't come along.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
This one will be good, and I'm sure it will return FE to the glory it deserves. I understand why Nintendo opted for 3 3DS games, as this game are good to play in the go, but returning to a big-screen, epic FE game is something I couldn't be happier about.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm so glad to see all this love for Path of Radiance!
Path of Radiance is up there with FFT and TO as one of the best SRPGs ever made.

could someone sell me on Fire Emblem?

I can't talk about Three Houses of course, but in general:

- consistently solid political stories (aside from Fates) that are not as serious as Matsuno games where they are too much for some people, but serious and deep enough to make you care and think about its themes.

- one of the few SRPG where there is no random/generic units at all, every single unit in every Fire Emblem game is a "character" with unique design, personality, and backstory.

- very entertaining gameplay that (usually) depends on movements kinda like chess, not depending on levels and grinding.

- support conversations between units.

- before FE Awakening the series used to offer a big variety of maps and winning conditions in a way not present in other SRPG titles.

it is a very fun series, solid all around, and not too complicated in its story or gameplay.

oh, and the main theme is legendary!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah Awakening was undoubtedly the biggest reason for FE becoming the bigger series it is.

I'm just curious if it would have gotten to that point if Smash hadn't come along.
If Fire Emblem 7 had come stateside without Smash. I still think things would've played out the same.

That game did good. But the series had trouble with hitting a million until Awakening. Sacred Stone did okay only. Path of Radiance did mediocre and Radiant Dawn bombed. As did Shadow Dragon

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so glad to see all this love for Path of Radiance!
Path of Radiance is up there with FFT and TO as one of the best SRPGs ever made.

I can't talk about Three Houses of course, but in general:

- consistently solid political stories (aside from Fates) that are not as serious as Matsuno games where they are too much for some people, but serious and deep enough to make you care and think about its themes.

- one of the few SRPG where there is no random/generic units at all, every single unit in every Fire Emblem game is a "character" with unique design, personality, and backstory.

- very entertaining gameplay that (usually) depends on movements kinda like chess, not depending on levels and grinding.

- support conversations between units.

- before FE Awakening the series used to offer a big variety of maps and winning conditions in a way not present in other SRPG titles.

it is a very fun series, solid all around, and not too complicated in its story or gameplay.

oh, and the main theme is legendary!

Thanks! I'll need to think about this!

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Ughhh I want to read/watch these previews but I'm too terrified of having things spoiled :(

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If Fire Emblem 7 had come stateside without Smash. I still think things would've played out the same.

That game did good. But the series had trouble with hitting a million until Awakening. Sacred Stone did okay only. Path of Radiance did mediocre and Radiant Dawn bombed. As did Shadow Dragon

I think for people who were introduced to Fire Emblem through Smash Bros, and there are definitely many millions of us, Fire Emblem went several releases without actually enticing many of those Smash Fans. I know I had no interest in the GCN/Wii releases even in the wake of Smash Bros. I didn't have any interest in the series until Awakening.

But when I think about it, I don't know what actually made Awakening more appealing to me than the previous games. It being handheld was part of it, but I hadn't cared about previous handheld games either. There was something weird about Awakening that just made it seem so much "cooler" to me. I actually bought it based on the cover art. That's the only time I've ever done that.

Status
Not open for further replies.