• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this what i think it is...

TM5m539.jpg

87fbcUG.jpg

mi50Dzp.jpg

OK1ZzFT.jpg

HI34dvQ.jpg

37ZaaGy.jpg

N0lDCNG.jpg

Last edited:

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
There is a NG+

In the text dunps there's a line detailing how renown carries over between runs, and saying how you have the ability to change character models to be pre or post timeskip as you desire

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Question: Do S-supports change depending on the house route? Meaning that some characters will have unique dialogue in one route, while the other two are generic.

Jul 23, 2019
Anybody got any data on weapons? Specifically relic weapons for the 3 house leaders? Any stuff on weapon arts and magic would be neat too if you can find it.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still kind of confused on Rhea's route, is that kind of the unite everyone route, or the go against everyone one?

And it feels like Blue Lions and Black Eagles are sort of in conflict with each other, so what purpose does the Golden Deer route serve?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of confused on Rhea's route, is that kind of the unite everyone route, or the go against everyone one?

And it feels like Blue Lions and Black Eagles are sort of in conflict with each other, so what purpose does the Golden Deer route serve?

The Rhea route you focus on stopping Those Who Slither directly but you still have to fight at least Edelgard.

The Golden Deer are similar to the Church route where your focus is taking out Those Who Slither, but instead of preserving the Church it does seem to be dismantled in this route

There is no route where everyone is united

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Lol, the gay/lesbian (and to be fair, some others) seem like they don't actually picture Byleth's gender.

Edelgard's is super lame, lol.

Deer kind of go do their own thing.

BL and BE are opposed to each other - destroy the church vs reform/revise it and make it better.

Church Route is kind of likethe BE route, but from the house of BE perspective.

Oct 27, 2017
The Rhea route you focus on stopping Those Who Slither directly but you still have to fight at least Edelgard.

The Golden Deer are similar to the Church route where your focus is taking out Those Who Slither, but instead of preserving the Church it does seem to be dismantled in this route

There is no route where everyone is united
Lol, the gay/lesbian (and to be fair, some others) seem like they don't actually picture Byleth's gender.

Edelgard's is super lame, lol.

Deer kind of go do their own thing.

BL and BE are opposed to each other - destroy the church vs reform/revise it and make it better.

Church Route is kind of likethe BE route, but from the house of BE perspective.

So pretty much each ending just determines:
  • What happens to the EVIL folk.
  • What happens to the leaders of each nation.
  • What happens to the church.
Not going to lie, not having a united, true ending route kind of reduces some of my hype. Never been a fan of "what team will you side with?" plots and while the plot prior to the climax still sounds amazing, the stuff afterward sounds like what Fates should've been with an added religion element.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So pretty much each ending just determines:
  • What happens to the EVIL folk.
  • What happens to the leaders of each nation.
  • What happens to the church.
Not going to lie, not having a united, true ending route kind of reduces some of my hype. Never been a fan of "what team will you side with?" plots and while the plot prior to the climax still sounds amazing, the stuff afterward sounds like what Fates should've been with an added religion element.

Honestly, I could foresee having a 'all united' DLC storyline - though IS has kind of hinted they won't do so, IIRC?

Either way, it would/could be interesting if they make the requirements super tough, - or, as someone suggested, having to do all 3 routes first.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Man, its kinda hilarious how cray cray Edelgard becomes in any route that isn't Red Eagles. Like I expected her to be antagonistic, but not to this point.

On the other side, Claude turns out to be a total bro in any route.

zebetite

Oct 25, 2017
Mississauga, ON
i was like 95% on-board to go golden deers but between there being two black eagles routes and the fact that edelgard seems to be a villain in 3/4 routes (with dimitri seeming considerably less crazy than we were expecting him to be?) kind of has me leaning towards a BEagles first run so that i can at least try to see things from her perspective before killing her three times

plus of all the routes it sounds like claude is kinda just tryna chill while shit burns down around him, some real Three Houses Gaiden shit

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Man, its kinda hilarious how cray cray Edelgard becomes in any route that isn't Red Eagles. Like I expected her to be antagonistic, but not to this point.

On the other side, Claude turns out to be a total bro in any route.

I'm marvelling at some of the Rhea stuff if you go against her myself. I only skimmed over the file as I was looking for something else, but
she has Catherine set a city alight, and tells her she'll sacrifice as many innocents as she needs to kill Edelgard and Byleth

EDIT:

Ahh, found it!

Now, Catherine. Set fire to the city.
The Imperial army will burn in the flames\nof eternal torment!
What?! No, you can't do that!
Catherine. Now.
As...as you wish. But is there truly no other way?
I have no patience for foolish questions. I shall\nsacrifice as many lives as it takes!
That apostate who insists on taking everything\nfrom me...will be crushed by my own hands!
GRAAAARGH!
That ghastly voice...
Your Majesty! There's smoke coming from every\ncorner of the capital!
It seems they've set fire to the city!
What?! Damn it, Rhea. There really is no depth you\nwouldn't sink to.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

From what i've read, Rhea is more Daenerys than Edelgard. Hmm, or maybe a better comparison would be Rhea is Stannis Baratheon with Daenerys / Targaryen madness added on top.

I'd rather compare Edelgard to Cersei "lite". Or Cersei with Daenerys determination to go against something?

I'll better stop, this is a rabbit hole i'm not going to get lost in. ^^

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Something really cool that I've found in the leaks is that Lysithea has the lowest HP and defence growths out of any unit in this game, which makes a lot of sense given how Crest experimentation has dramatically shortened her lifespan.

In addition, Edelgard, Dimitri, Bernadetta, Dedue and Lysithea all have really low luck growths (below 30), which make sense given how they all had a really unlucky childhood.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Any general story impressions floating around yet? I'm interested in the game, but don't feel like paying full price at launch if the story is total garbage like it (apparently) has been for a couple of games now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So I've managed to not go in depth and read a ton of quotes, but from looking at the endings it seems that Edelgard was... uh, right. Something did need to be done about the church, and nobody was doing anything about it. Going against the church seems to turn Rhea into a raving lunatic, so taking decisive action seems like the right track.

The others manage to reform things and improve the world, but only after the entire status quo is upended by Edelgard taking the initiative.

Your fave could never.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I've managed to not go in depth and read a ton of quotes, but from looking at the endings it seems that Edelgard was... uh, right. Something did need to be done about the church, and nobody was doing anything about it. Going against the church seems to turn Rhea into a raving lunatic, so taking decisive action seems like the right track.

The others manage to reform things and improve the world, but only after the entire status quo is upended by Edelgard taking the initiative.

Not quite.

Dimitri's route mostly keeps the status quo and still pushes reforms. The kingdoms aren't unified or anything. Claude's and Rhea's are ones where Eldegard creates a vacuum of power that then is used by another faction to unify the continent.

Also, the ones who did most crest experiments were the empire themselves, not the Church. Rhea does go completely insane in Eldegard's route, but it seems to be more about her going insane due to learning about Eldegard's goal of erasing the goddess and then getting her corpse, rather than her being (completely) broken from the start considering how in other routes she doesn't end up like that, unlike Eldegard who always pushes forward as a conqueror in all routes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Not quite.

Dimitri's route mostly keeps the status quo and still pushes reforms. The kingdoms aren't unified or anything. Claude's and Rhea's are ones where Eldegard creates a vacuum of power that then is used by another faction to unify the continent.

Also, the ones who did most crest experiments were the empire themselves, not the Church. Rhea does go completely insane in Eldegard's route, but it seems to be more about her going insane due to learning about Eldegard's goal of erasing the goddess and then getting her corpse, rather than her being (completely) broken from the start considering how in other routes she doesn't end up like that, unlike Eldegard who always pushes forward as a conqueror in all routes.

I don't think a person, with a mommy complex big enough to put her deceased mother's (un)dead heart into a newborn in the hope that said heart and it's will are going to take over the body, is someone i would call sane to begin with.

It's like with Camilla ... having big mental issues to begin with, yet she only really shows it in Birthrights.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
this thread has been detrimental to my self restraint, I've gone from planning to get this around November or so to pre-ordering it, goddammit

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite.

But that's just the thing - absent Edelgard putting the church in a fight for its life, does Dimitri have the opportunity to create reforms? Does anybody? Or does the status quo just keep chugging? The empire remains the church's first and most loyal servants (we know Rhea at least was heavily involved in crest experimentation), massacres keep happening. Humanity in Fodlan remains under the foot of a dragon with an oedipal complex.

Dimitri got the chance to create reforms because Edelgard directly challenged all that - that he managed to do it before she could totally hollow out the existing power structures doesn't change that. I don't doubt that he'd have done it regardless, given the opportunity, but he wouldn't have gotten it without her.

I think it's hard to shy away from the fact that even if she went too far in his route, at least, she was right.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh btw. Nightcrawlers (we still call them that?) related:

We now know that Thomas is indeed Solon.

Has the theory of Jeralt = Thales been confirmed or refuted?
And has something leaked wether or not Kronya is based on another char?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
But that's just the thing - absent Edelgard putting the church in a fight for its life, does Dimitri have the opportunity to create reforms? Does anybody? Or does the status quo just keep chugging? The empire remains the church's first and most loyal servants (we know Rhea at least was heavily involved in crest experimentation), massacres keep happening. Humanity in Fodlan remains under the foot of a dragon with an oedipal complex.

Rhea's experiments seem fairly separate from the others though, since she was trying to create artificial life, rather than modify people. And the Church actually stopped the empire from attempting to go in an unification campaign before.

The only way Eldegard's actions would be completely justified would be if the Church and anyone associated with it were a complete evil that always needed to be purged, but that doesn't seem to be the case (even if it's obvious Rhea has some issues).

Dimitri got the chance to create reforms because Edelgard directly challenged all that - that he managed to do it before she could totally hollow out the existing power structures doesn't change that.
I mean... yes, it does? It shows that reforms were possible even without toppling the entire establishment. You're the one assuming that if it weren't for Eldegard Dimitri would never act even though he has his own reasons for pushing reforms. There's also the issue with Eldegard's reforms too. She seems to want to install a meritocracy where the strong would shape the world which might sound good compared to a medieval class system, but she outright dismisses Dimitri's objections about the ones who aren't strong to succeed in that world, suggesting they deserve to disappear.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Rhea's experiments seem fairly separate from the others though, since she was trying to create artificial life, rather than modify people. And the Church actually stopped the empire from attempting to go in an unification campaign before.

I mean... yes, it does? It shows that reforms were possible even without toppling the entire establishment. You're the one assuming that if it weren't for Eldegard Dimitri would never act even though he has his own reasons for pushing reforms. There's also the issue with Eldegard's reforms too. She seems to want to install a meritocracy where the strong would shape the world which might sound good compared to a medieval class system, but she outright dismiss Dimitri's objection about the ones who aren't strong to succeed in that world, suggesting they deserve to disappear.
The question isn't would he have liked to reform things, it's would he have been able to. I'm sure his dad was a great guy too, but he didn't have the chance. Nor did his dad, and so on. Running a kingdom doesn't leave a lot of time for fixing the rest of the world, absent a big disruption that makes change easy... Like, for example, the largest power on the continent turning on the local chief cultural institution.

And like I said, I haven't gotten super into the weeds on dialogue yet - if that's something from his route, I'll freely admit that she went too far in a lot of cases there. They clearly set her up as a much clearer cut big bad if you side with the Lions. But even then, I think she was fundamentally right about the need for change and the dire circumstances necessary to get it.

Last edited: