• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
from my view on the spoilers, I definitely feel its going to be hard for this story to make me believe the shit thats going on. I'm sure itll be better written and presented than Fates, but everything I read gives me a similar vibe to the characters, in that their actions are hard to logically associate with their person.

It also feels like mute Byleth is going to make everything kindve ridiculous, in that itll be nearly impossible to justify why their are their and siding with who they are

also having everyone die in everyone elses route seems pretty forced in an unsatisfying way (Though claude survives dimitri's?)

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
from my view on the spoilers, I definitely feel its going to be hard for this story to make me believe the shit thats going on. I'm sure itll be better written and presented than Fates, but everything I read gives me a similar vibe to the characters, in that their actions are hard to logically associate with their person.

It also feels like mute Byleth is going to make everything kindve ridiculous, in that itll be nearly impossible to justify why their are their and siding with who they are

also having everyone die in everyone elses route seems pretty forced in an unsatisfying way (Though claude survives dimitri's?)
its not out of character at all, all the decisions the characters take make sense considering their world view, even their deaths in other routes

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I think you guys are analyzing the story way too much for people who haven't played or seen any of it. I love following the spoilers here but the deep dives into the story are a bit much considering what we have available.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Honestly, being a lord and not having some secrets would be weird to me lol. he Honestly comes off as someone who always seems to want to think ahead ( For all i know this dlc route people are speculating is claudes actually the big bad). But i honestly never got that impression that claudes in any way a bad person he honestly just comes off as a tricky fighter. And someone who likes to use his head while edelgard and dimitri are more just straight forward in how they do things

I could see that if they went with a "prankster" method or what have you, but calling himself shiftiness incarnate while calling the other naive and innocent indicates to me at least that he thinks he's above them mentally... which again, isn't a very "friendship is power" kind of mentality. The vague threat he makes in the card where he says:

"Taken a liking to me, have you? Is that why you chose my house? Heh, well... you might wanna take a different tone of voice there.."

sounds sinister as hell tbh. He comes off as somebody who brags, and drones on about friendship but doesn't really care about it much... Which sounds manipulative. Like I could understand the whole friendship is power thing if they really leaned into it, but he's shown more to be quite carefree about anything... and then they highlight his shady nature here and there. Like if he ends up being the good guy, I suppose it is what it is... but It just feels weird to highlight that he's shady at all - if you wanna go with a calculating fighter, there are plenty of ways to insinuate he's a thinker/strategist than "DON'T TRUST THAT SMILE, HE'S UP TO SOMETHING... HE HIDES THINGS!"

Oct 27, 2017

Of course, what purpose do the Flame Emperor and Death Knight have again?

Posted this previosuly, but have also have gotten similar Fates vibes to some things in the game, albeit, better written.

And I don't believe everyone dies, while how to recruit students is still lacking details for some characters, most people can be saved. There was a thing going around about how there was a limited number of people from other houses you could save, but I don't know if that's actually a thing anymore. The only people who are pretty much guaranteed to die in all routes but their own are Dimitri and Edelgard (although, also still confused if Dimitri dies in the church route).

Edit: The only people who you can't recruit unless you're in their route are Claude, Dimitri, Edelgard, Dedue, and Hubert.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Eh, I think the characterization seems to hold up. Edelgard always kills Dimitri except in Dimitri's route and is always killed by the player except in her route because she's so heavily committed to her path. People generally act with a sense of agency, appropriate to their circumstance. I dig it a lot.

I can kind of agree with the unsatisfying thing - I'm hoping for a DLC route that let's me get everyone out alive, though considering how fundamentally opposed some of the characters are, it'd take some deft writing.
No offense but you guys are analyzing the story way too much for people who haven't played or seen any of it. I love following the spoilers here but the deep dives into the story are a bit much considering what we have available.
I mean, we've got the full script, albeit not in sequence lol.

sorakirosaki

Oct 25, 2017
I could see that if they went with a "prankster" method or what have you, but calling himself shiftiness incarnate while calling the other naive and innocent indicates to me at least that he thinks he's above them mentally... which again, isn't a very "friendship is power" kind of mentality. The vague threat he makes in the card where he says:

"Taken a liking to me, have you? Is that why you chose my house? Heh, well... you might wanna take a different tone of voice there.."

sounds sinister as hell tbh. He comes off as somebody who brags, and drones on about friendship but doesn't really care about it much... Which sounds manipulative. Like I could understand the whole friendship is power thing if they really leaned into it, but he's shown more to be quite carefree about anything... and then they highlight his shady nature here and there. Like if he ends up being the good guy, I suppose it is what it is... but It just feels weird to highlight that he's shady at all - if you wanna go with a calculating fighter, there are plenty of ways to insinuate he's a thinker/strategist than "DON'T TRUST THAT SMILE, HE'S UP TO SOMETHING... HE HIDES THINGS!"

Well, If hes using poisons and traps to win battles then imo hes still a schemer/trickster/always using his head. Imo him calling himself shiftiness incarnate just gives me the impression that hes more likely to use his head and plan way in advance then edelgard/dimitri who are probably more straightforward to achieve their goals.
Your line also doesn't come off as a threat to me either based on how his house generally is. His house being mostly commoners instead of nobles it just really comes off as claude not caring about the nobles and hierachy and doesnt want people who join his house to speak in that matter. Obv interpretation is gonna be different but thats what i took from it.

Claude honestly just comes off to me as someone whos kinda pulled into this fight against his choices (he even mentions how this meeting is the worst reunion ever in a trailer). Imo i think he cares about his friends. He just does it in a very roundabout way so that possibly enemies or what have you go after them. Again I just feel IS is more highlighting the fact esp after the most recent trailer. That claude is just more of a trickster and uses various ploys such as poisons and traps to win his battles instead of just confronting an enemy imo

ill admit that at the beginning i felt there probably could have been something there. But once the time skip trailer came out i just never got that impression

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Well, If hes using poisons and traps to win battles then imo hes still a schemer/trickster/always using his head. Imo him calling himself shiftiness incarnate just gives me the impression that hes more likely to use his head and plan way in advance then edelgard/dimitri who are probably more straightforward to achieve their goals.
Your line also doesn't come off as a threat to me either based on how his house generally is. His house being mostly commoners instead of nobles it just really comes off as claude not caring about the nobles and hierachy and doesnt want people who join his house to speak in that matter. Obv interpretation is gonna be different but thats what i took from it.

Claude honestly just comes off to me as someone whos kinda pulled into this fight against his choices (he even mentions how this meeting is the worst reunion ever in a trailer). Imo i think he cares about his friends. He just does it in a very roundabout way so that possibly enemies or what have you go after them. Again I just feel IS is more highlighting the fact esp after the most recent trailer. That claude is just more of a trickster and uses various ploys such as poisons and traps to win his battles instead of just confronting an enemy imo

ill admit that at the beginning i felt there probably could have been something there. But once the time skip trailer came out i just never got that impression

That's fair. I just found the way they pointed at it odd. I think if they wanted to focus more on him being a strategist, they could have said things more like "he always seems to have a trick up his sleeve" or "He always seems to be one step ahead of his enemy" rather than "he seems quite secretive about some subjects" which is vague, and comes off as manipulative to me. Just feels like it could have been worded in a more clearly defined way, as I'm obviously not the only person who took it to mean that he was a manipulative character.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Just catching up and learning that the three main characters can die depending on the route you take, etc. That's crazy, didn't think it would happen and had no idea that things got so serious after the time jump. Going to refrain from other spoilers, though, to maintain some surprise.

Oct 27, 2017
Just catching up and learning that the three main characters can die depending on the route you take, etc. That's crazy, didn't think it would happen and had no idea that things got so serious after the time jump. Going to refrain from other spoilers, though, to maintain some surprise.

Edelgard and Dimitri, yes. Claude is pretty much safe in all routes I believe.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the one thing that has surprised me is how small the cast is. Even in Fates, without the second generation, there's 47 characters among the two countries. There's three houses here, and between them and the teachers you recruit, there's only 35 characters. Granted, 35 characters is the average for most non-sequel/no second generation Fire Emblem, but still interesting after Fates had so many characters.

Was sort of hoping we met at least some new characters after the timeskip happens.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think the one thing that has surprised me is how small the cast is. Even in Fates, without the second generation, there's 47 characters among the two countries. There's three houses here, and between them and the teachers you recruit, there's only 35 characters. Granted, 35 characters is the average for most non-sequel/no second generation Fire Emblem, but still interesting after Fates had so many characters.

Fates had the whole two version concept though. Each base route had to have as many characters as a standard FE game by itself since people theoretically could buy only one, which added up to an extra large cast when counting both together (and Revelation which was a complete mess balance-wise). That's also why each one had completely separate sets of classes too. Three Houses is a more standard game in this sense due to being a single release, with all factions sharing the same classes and a more standard cast size (which also is likely limited too due to the students getting new designs post-time skip).

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I know I popped into this thread in the beginning because I wanted timeskip photos...

But, like, are ya'll still going to play the game and just skip story scenes because you're already analyzing the story of a game not officially released yet...

Oct 27, 2017
Fates had the whole two version concept though. Each base route had to have as many characters as a standard FE game by itself since people theoretically could buy only one. That's also why each one had completely separate sets of classes too. Three Houses is a more standard game in this sense due to being a single release, with all factions sharing the same classes and a more standard cast size (which also is likely limited too due to the students getting new designs post-time skip).

Oh yeah, I guess the new designs/models kind of works in place of that. For me, I was thinking more in the context that I'm surprised that there are no additional characters that we meet and recruit after the time skip (probably should edit that into my post).

Noting the time-skip as well, I realize that IS honestly could've made the school part into its own game and then make the timeskip the sequel if they wanted to haha. Kind of makes me wonder if we'll get a sequel that takes place in Fodlan/same timeline as it, or if we'll get something new altogether for the next game. Feels like every Fire Emblem game has at least one sequel/successor, except Magvel.

Neoleo2143

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I guess the new designs/models kind of works in place of that. For me, I was thinking more in the context that I'm surprised that there are no additional characters that we meet and recruit after the time skip (probably should edit that into my post).

Noting the time-skip as well, I realize that IS honestly could've made the school part into its own game and then make the timeskip the sequel if they wanted to haha. Kind of makes me wonder if we'll get a sequel that takes place in Fodlan/same timeline as it, or if we'll get something new altogether for the next game. Feels like every Fire Emblem game has at least one sequel/successor, except Magvel.

The school part is already the length of the average Fire Emblem game, they definitely could have just left the school as its own game. But I think they wanted to really surpass a lot of expectations for the "first console FE in a decade". Either way, it seems they succeeded well beyond the fandom's expectations.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So... Linhardt is still an M/M option for Byleth right?

If he's like Alois and Gilbert and it's just a "platonic" S-support, especially given the shared S-support art... Oooh buddy. >=[

I do hope that going forward IS does better but I will say I hope it's not at the cost of feminine guys. I'm definitely not in agreement that they're at all a "bad choice". I notice most guys I'm attracted to are like that so, yeah. But more variety is definitely important.

Also wtf Lorenz got a serious upgrade PTS, why isn't he an option?! Gah....

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I know I popped into this thread in the beginning because I wanted timeskip photos...

But, like, are ya'll still going to play the game and just skip story scenes because you're already analyzing the story of a game not officially released yet...

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing pre-analysis. I plan to play the game normally and experience the story first hand (as I'm one of those people who loves spoilers, but feel that the experience of the game/movie can give a vastly different feeling. Like I don't see spoilers and the experience as inseparable. Spoilers have NEVER effected my enjoyment of a medium... Which seems like a rare mentality/position to have these days) post analysis could end up COMPLETELY different, but it's fun to speculate and analyze before going in imo.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

To be fair, before announcing the time skip the game just lacked a hook. The pre-time skip story would need to be different to actually carry a game.

Sacred Stones was the third game in the Binding Blade engine. It's unrelated to the previous two storywise, but it's still part of that group, just like how Fates is lumped with Awakening.

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, before announcing the time skip the game just lacked a hook. The pre-time skip story would need to be different to actually carry a game.

Sacred Stones was the third game in the Binding Blade engine. It's unrelated to the previous two storywise, but it's still part of that group, just like how Fates is lumped with Awakening.

I was considered Fates/Awakening/Echoes/Archanea as together because of actual, as small as it is, continuity.
Some Awakening second-generation units having gone to Valla through their travels.
And the extra chapter in Echoes establishing an additional connection between Archanea and Yllisse with how Grima was created during the times of the former.

Bobcat Fancy

Jul 21, 2019
So... Linhardt is still an M/M option for Byleth right?

If he's like Alois and Gilbert and it's just a "platonic" S-support, especially given the shared S-support art... Oooh buddy. >=[

I do hope that going forward IS does better but I will say I hope it's not at the cost of feminine guys. I'm definitely not in agreement that they're at all a "bad choice". I notice most guys I'm attracted to are like that so, yeah. But more variety is definitely important.

Also wtf Lorenz got a serious upgrade PTS, why isn't he an option?! Gah....
Yes, Linhardt is a romantic m/m option. People keep saying, like, he's not a stereotype or effeminate. I wouldn't mind an effeminate obviously queer seeming guy at all! Just, like, give him an undercut or something...

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, Linhardt is a romantic m/m option. People keep saying, like, he's not a stereotype or effeminate. I wouldn't mind an effeminate obviously queer seeming guy at all! Just, like, give him an undercut or something...
See that's the thing- I kind of meant in terms of looks when I said feminine. :P I actually kind of prefer too that he's not stereotypical, he's just a sleepy nerd who happens to be fuckin' gorgeous. But hey, more variety is good and I definitely agree he shouldn't be the only option for guys into guys, should be more masc guys too.

But I'm glad to hear he is indeed a choice for M!Byleth.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been speculating on a possible True Ending DLC route this entire thread, not knowing the season pass for this game was up on the eShop, and lo and behold my disappointment when I found out the only DLC pack with any story emphasis will be released on April 30th, 2019.

I'm guessing that means no True Ending DLC :(

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

I'd looooooove a sequel. If the story is half as good as it looks, great - hell, give me an interquel dlc that establishes a Canon route. Even if it's not, or they don't, so much work went into giving Fodlan a sense of time and place. It's be a shame to just skip along to a new setting.

I've been speculating on a possible True Ending DLC route this entire thread, not knowing the season pass for this game was up on the eShop, and lo and behold my disappointment when I found out the only DLC pack with any story emphasis will be released on April 30th, 2019.

I'm guessing that means no True Ending DLC :(
Well, that's the only piece of story dlc in the season pass. Wouldn't be the first time more stuff hit later Ina game's life that wasn't included.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Actually from the text files what happens to Edelgard on Deer route is she kills Dimitri and then retreats from a battle with Claude, in the epilogue of the route she gets murdered by Dedue

Dedue saw to it that Edelgard was destroyed before he departed. >His expression once his mission was over... was a bit lonely. I don't know where he went off to after that. Maybe he returned home to Duscur.
This gets me so hyped.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd looooooove a sequel. If the story is half as good as it looks, great - hell, give me an interquel dlc that establishes a Canon route. Even if it's not, or they don't, so much work went into giving Fodlan a sense of time and place. It's be a shame to just skip along to a new setting.

Well, that's the only piece of story dlc in the season pass. Wouldn't be the first time more stuff hit later Ina game's life that wasn't included.

It's more so that if they were going to have a true ending route, wouldn't it be available much earlier? Unless Nintendo decides to pull another Octo Expansion, and this true ending would actually be branching off of one of the already established routes' endings.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Actually from the text files what happens to Edelgard on Deer route is she kills Dimitri and then retreats from a battle with Claude, in the epilogue of the route she gets murdered by Dedue

Dedue saw to it that Edelgard was destroyed before he departed. >His expression once his mission was over... was a bit lonely. I don't know where he went off to after that. Maybe he returned home to Duscur.
I got to say, a lot of the stuff in this game just seems like the writers went "Killing characters = good writing, right?"

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Frankly i don't want a True Ending, i don't want a true ending where everyone lives happily ever after and there is little to no consequences like Revelations. Revelations was frankly the easy way out of all the moral ambiguity Fates could have potentially had but it is made pretty clear that Revelations is the true ending and not Conquest or Birthright.

Oct 27, 2017
The DLC has new areas, characters, etc. Maybe it's a meaty prequel standalone expansion like Torna

Definitely could be that as well, or a true ending route from an established ending already in the game as I stated previously. I will admit, it is kind of interesting at how vague the descriptions for the DLC packs are.

I got to say, a lot of the stuff in this game just seems like the writers went "Killing characters = good writing, right?"

Probably why previews kept comparing it to Game of Thrones. As I said previously, definitely kind of feels like most of the game is well developed and that the end of it + some of the epilogues are trying to hard to be dark. Still seems like most of it is good though, even a lot of the dialogue we've seen so far during the school part of the story is well written.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The DLC has new areas, characters, etc. Maybe it's a meaty prequel standalone expansion like Torna

I still expect it to be more of a side-story that's separate enough from the main campaign it can go almost anywhere timeline-wise. Echoes DLC included a pack with prequel maps with Fernand and some generics playable there, but they didn't advertise Fernand as a new character. The only new character they advertised were the Cipher tie-in DLC characters who actually join your party (and from then on getting to appear alongside your army member in villages or around the save statues) through minor side-chapters that could go anywhere.

Of course, if it is something large enough to include even its own monastery equivalent and save files then that wording could apply too, although the wording would have to be purposefully vague to avoid outright saying it was a new campaign/route.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's more so that if they were going to have a true ending route, wouldn't it be available much earlier? Unless Nintendo decides to pull another Octo Expansion, and this true ending would actually be branching off of one of the already established routes' endings.
Well, not necessarily - I've seen it done differently before, albeit in a very different title - Vermintide.

So, essentially, what the developers here did is release a free (iirc) piece of DLC for Vermintide 1 to tie the story in to Vermintide 2.
The heroes end the main campaign more or less victorious over the hordes they'd been fighting, then the other DLC are just continuing adventures or side stories. The last piece was meant to bring them I to the status quo that Fatshark wanted for the New game, namely, kicked out of their base of operations in the first game and captured by the Big Bad, so they... Released a few missions to do exactly that.

So if they so it like that, as a means of drumming up hype for a sequel while getting characters and events where they want them, they've got a bunch of options. I kind of like the idea of it being a School path, where you take control of all three houses and manage to stop things from going off the rails in the first place. You'd then have the sequel start post timeskip. That's just my preference though, there's other ways to make it work. And it'd come later in the game's lifetime, so it's not ruled out by not being in the season pass.

Man I am 100% wish casting here.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So quick question so if you side with the church does that mean your Black Eagles asides from Edleguard join you or do others take their place?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Definitely could be that as well, or a true ending route from an established ending already in the game as I stated previously. I will admit, it is kind of interesting at how vague the descriptions for the DLC packs are.

Probably why previews kept comparing it to Game of Thrones. As I said previously, definitely kind of feels like most of the game is well developed and that the end of it + the epilogues are trying to hard to be dark. Still seems like most of it is good though, even a lot of the dialogue we've seen so far during the school part of the story is well written.
almost none of the epilogues are dark though? There are a couple that are, but mostly they are all fairly happy and talk about how they change the world for the better. Dedue kills Edelgard in GD to avenge his lord, and she's a villain in that route anyway, so its not like its robbing her of a happy ending she deserves

Oct 27, 2017
Well, not necessarily - I've seen it done differently before, albeit in a very different title - Vermintide.

So, essentially, what the developers here did is release a free (iirc) piece of DLC for Vermintide 1 to tie the story in to Vermintide 2.
The heroes end the main campaign more or less victorious over the hordes they'd been fighting, then the other DLC are just continuing adventures or side stories. The last piece was meant to bring them I to the status quo that Fatshark wanted for the New game, namely, kicked out of their base of operations in the first game and captured by the Big Bad, so they... Released a few missions to do exactly that.

So if they so it like that, as a means of drumming up hype for a sequel while getting characters and events where they want them, they've got a bunch of options. I kind of like the idea of it being a School path, where you take control of all three houses and manage to stop things from going off the rails in the first place. You'd then have the sequel start post timeskip. That's just my preference though, there's other ways to make it work. And it'd come later in the game's lifetime, so it's not ruled out by not being in the season pass.

Man I am 100% wish casting here.

I could see it being done this way, and it would be cool for the DLC to be implemented in such a manner as well. I just wonder if it will even be possible because this is assuming we would get a sequel soon after, and I don't see another Fire Emblem happening for at least three years given that Intelligent Systems probably wants to work on other stuff like new Warioware and/or Paper Mario games. A True Ending DLC would probably be much less effort for them by just reusing maps, and it being immediately either after the timeskip or an already established ending can mean that they could make it much shorter as well.

almost none of the epilogues are dark though? There are a couple that are, but mostly they are all fairly happy and talk about how they change the world for the better. Dedue kills Edelgard in GD to avenge his lord, and she's a villain in that route anyway, so its not like its robbing her of a happy ending she deserves

Probably should've put some in my post, but you're right. I was just thinking it's dark in the sense of how it was handled, but understanding it from an idea that he was avenging Dimitri does make it more complex than just being dark.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I could see it being done this way, and it would be cool for the DLC to be implemented in such a manner as well. I just wonder if it will even be possible because this is assuming we would get a sequel soon after, and I don't see another Fire Emblem happening for at least three years given that Intelligent Systems probably wants to work on other stuff like new Warioware and/or Paper Mario games. A True Ending DLC would probably be much less effort for them by just reusing maps, and it being immediately either after the timeskip or an already established ending can mean that they could make it much shorter as well.

Probably should've put some in my post, but you're right. I was just thinking it's dark in the sense of how it was handled, but understanding it from an idea that he was avenging Dimitri does make it more complex than just being dark.
Something like that is a lot more likely, assuming we get a true ending at all. Still, I do think that if 3H takes off, they'll probably put a sequel on the front burner.

Oct 27, 2017
Something like that is a lot more likely, assuming we get a true ending at all. Still, I do think that if 3H takes off, they'll probably put a sequel on the front burner.

I definitely think that at the very least, whether DLC teases it or instead decides to be a True Ending route, we will get something in the world of Fodlan like how Fates, despite being between Nohr and Hoshido, was still in the world of Awakening.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
BTW, there was mention a while ago of some big choice fairly early on that was locked behind charm, do we have any idea what that was about?
I definitely think that at the very least, whether DLC teases it or instead decides to be a True Ending route, we will get something in the world of Fodlan like how Fates, despite being between Nohr and Hoshido, was still in the world of Awakening.
Were they? I thought they were just weirdly similar because of the art and some character overlaps but they were supposed to be separate, as much as Fateslandia as a setting was supposed to be anything.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
BTW, there was mention a while ago of some big choice fairly early on that was locked behind charm, do we have any idea what that was about?

Were they? I thought they were just weirdly similar because of the art and some character overlaps but they were supposed to be separate, as much as Fateslandia as a setting was supposed to be anything.
that was never clarified

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I still think regardless of the order BL and BE routes should be played next to each other, since they are the routes that explore Edelgard and Dimitri as characters the most and will mix really well with each other

Oct 27, 2017

that was never clarified

I mean, in the Hidden Truth's DLC for Fates, some of the second generation Awakening characters were traveling in their not-destroyed future to Valla (Revelations) and while the writing was bad as to how they got there and why they were there, it was concludes with Good Anankos telling them to change their names, join Nohr, and to get Corrin back to Valla so that they could defeat his Bad Dragon form.

wxMak

Oct 27, 2017
Have people sorted through the supports yet? I'm interested in reading them for some characters but there's way too many files to parse through and I have no idea what files are what character's.

Jan 9, 2018
Question about NG+: if I finish a GD run, would I be able to play a BE run with NG+? I'm assuming no, but I wanted to check just in case. If I went BE and then tried to go the Church route with NG+, would that work?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So quick question so if you side with the church does that mean your Black Eagles asides from Edleguard join you or do others take their place?

Yes, apparently you only lose Edelgard and her retainer, Hubert. Everyone else stays. Note that you lose Flayn by going with Edelgard.

Question about NG+: if I finish a GD run, would I be able to play a BE run with NG+? I'm assuming no, but I wanted to check just in case. If I went BE and then tried to go the Church route with NG+, would that work?

The choice of route is made in the beginning of the story, not when you create the file, so it should be possible.