• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't aware Niosi had those sort allegations against him, that's disappointing, seemed like a pretty cool guy from what I've seen of him.

I've posted this a couple of times already but here's a thread going over alot of it

"This guy should stop looking for work so I don't have to hear him in the games/anime I like." Is this person really expecting this guy to find a new field of work just cause he's an asshole?

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, before the June 11th E3 direct

Oh, that long ago? Well yeah, that alone would get a big fat no from Nintendo. But shouldn't he have gotten in hot water over that sooner? It's odd that Nintendo wouldn't have done anything in the month plus since he broke his NDA. Maybe they didn't know somehow.

Obviously far from the main reason he should be kicked out, as the whole topic's about. :/

Wasn't aware Niosi had those sort allegations against him, that's disappointing, seemed like a pretty cool guy from what I've seen of him.

"This guy should stop looking for work so I don't have to hear him in the games/anime I like." Is this person really expecting this guy to find a new field of work just cause he's an asshole?

Umm... there's being an asshole... and then there's the shit he's done...

Being an asshole is just being rude or inconsiderate. Niosi, Vic, etc are FAR worse.

Jun 11, 2019
Oh, that long ago? Well yeah, that alone would get a big fat no from Nintendo. But shouldn't he have gotten in hot water over that sooner? It's odd that Nintendo wouldn't have done anything in the month plus since he broke his NDA. Maybe they didn't know somehow.

Obviously far from the main reason he should be kicked out, as the whole topic's about. :/
Well, we didn't know he blabbed until a day or so ago. The only reason this is all coming to light is because he's now sending out a series of apologies that the women coming forward allege aren't genuine apologies and that he's pulled this shit before. They describe an emotionally unstable and manipulative guy who'll do whatever to remain the center of attention. Well, positive attention that is.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Umm... there's being an asshole... and then there's the shit he's done...

Being an asshole is just being rude or inconsiderate. Niosi, Vic, etc are FAR worse.

Sexual abuse is bad, but even bad people need work. Like I can understand not wanting to have to deal with people like that but the phrasing in that twitter thread makes it seem like she's trying to shame him for daring to continue to try to find work. What is the guy supposed to do, just let himself go unemployed until he's homeless?

Dante3986

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah I used to listen to the podcast he was on and found out about how bad he was like 6 years ago when all that stuff about psyguy came out and he was heavily involved in that

Jun 11, 2019
Honestly curious to see how the situation is handled by Nintendo and Cup of Tea, not only has he broken NDA, he's come out and basically confirmed all this stuff himself. That feels like it'll lead to some form of action on their part.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Not that bad at all. College teachers can be worse.
Well just because some teachers are like this doesn't mean most people are comfortable playing with a character dressed like that.
Honestly curious to see how the situation is handled by Nintendo and Cup of Tea, not only has he broken NDA, he's come out and basically confirmed all this stuff himself. That feels like it'll lead to some form of action on their part.
Well once the game releases I expect a game outlet to pick up this news and ask Nintendo on the matter.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a fan of this guy for a long time, this shit sucks to hear. From what I've been told Byleth is mostly mute so I might just leave it English and bare through what little dialogue he has. :\

Woylie

May 9, 2018
slightly off topic, but i'm still salty about them ditching character creation this time around. creating different looking/playing main characters was part of what made awakening and fates so replayable, along with the kid units and reclass/skill systems. (yes, i'm one of the ones who actually liked the kid units, lol)

i feel like it'll probably return next game, but still a bummer.

also... female byleth has always been the best one. if you change her class you don't even have to deal with her insane outfit

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
female byleth has always been the best one. if you change her class you don't even have to deal with her insane outfit
You can't change her monastery outfit without DLC. Also there are people like that dislike her oversize face and eyes and no outfit can fix that

Woylie

May 9, 2018
You can't change her monastery outfit without DLC. Also there are people like that dislike her oversize face and eyes and no outfit can fix that

Huh, I didn't know the class change outfits were only for battle. That's really strange.

And I do think the design would look a little less goofy if her eyes and ears were like, 25% smaller.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
slightly off topic, but i'm still salty about them ditching character creation this time around. creating different looking/playing main characters was part of what made awakening and fates so replayable, along with the kid units and reclass/skill systems. (yes, i'm one of the ones who actually liked the kid units, lol)

i feel like it'll probably return next game, but still a bummer.

also... female byleth has always been the best one. if you change her class you don't even have to deal with her insane outfit
I'm excited that they're ditching that stuff this time around. Feels like a traditional fire emblem in that regard.

Oct 26, 2017
From what its worth MC voice are just grunts etc not voice lines . Anyways I prefer playing female mc so doesn't matter to me as I won't play male one

In the E3 2019 trailer, isn't he the blonde dude that goes "KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!"?

Looks the same bar the hair color and eye patch, and it even follows I think Claude going "so what do we do 'teach"?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First time I learned that this cretin who enabled the groomer/pedophile Psyguy (which i've known for years and was always surprised that he never disappeared due to his close association to him) is involved in this game. Absolutely livid that Nintendo learned nothing from and even more livid that this game is going to sell millions regardless of that fact.

As an aside, I do know they do a lot of work with/for TeamFourStar so...just leaving that out there.
Using Japanese voices, so don't care ...
I do because this isn't the first time Nintendo has hired a scumbag to voice one of their characters. See: Codename S.T.E.A.M. having the Baldwin responsible for Gamergate.

In fact i'd argue this is worse because these allegations have been known for years before the Switch was even made, let alone when casting choices were made for Three Houses.
3772.jpg

Last edited:

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I do because this isn't the first time Nintendo has hired a scumbag to voice one of their characters. See: Codename S.T.E.A.M. having the Baldwin responsible for Gamergate.
Wasn't Codename S.T.E.A.M. union and they probably couldnt change the VA because of the contract?

May 13, 2019
Wasn't Codename S.T.E.A.M. union and they probably couldnt change the VA because of the contract?
It's been speculated that's what soured Nintendo on using Union VAs.

The game bombing as hard as it did didn't help matters either.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
F!Byleth's design shits me. Apart from being super out of place style-wise, she also has that completely vacant expression in all her main art.

Guh.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I fail to see how that makes this incident re: Niosi's involvement in Fire Emblem: House - Season 3 any less egregious. These allegations have been out there for years so either someone at NoA/Treehouse didn't do their research or worse, they did and failed to see the issue with them sexually abusing their ex, among other heinous acts.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Well someone that has the game just confirmed to me that Byleth isn't voiced at all outside battles.
I fail to see how that makes this incident re: Niosi's involvement in Fire Emblem: House - Season 3 any less egregious. These allegations have been out there for years so either someone at NoA/Treehouse didn't do their research or worse, they did and failed to see the issue with them sexually abusing their ex, among other heinous acts.
It doesnt but I just asked because you mentioned it. Who knows what happened for them to hire him.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well someone that has the game just confirmed to me that Byleth isn't voiced at all outside battles.

It doesnt but I just asked because you mentioned it. Who knows what happened for them to hire him.
Fair enough, thanks for the factoid in any case and apologies for any hostility. I'm just livid that Nintendo seems to have learned nothing from that and that this game is going to sell gangbusters with an alleged abuser attached to it.
So, why was Cristina Vee replaced?
Nothing concrete for that as far as I know; people are speculating that something personal interfered with their schedule but that's about it.

Jul 24, 2018
Fair enough, thanks for the factoid in any case and apologies for any hostility. I'm just livid that Nintendo seems to have learned nothing from that and that this game is going to sell gangbusters with an alleged abuser attached to it.

Nothing concrete for that as far as I know; people are speculating that something personal interfered with their schedule but that's about it.
Oh, that's good.

As an aside. I am now nettled to have found out we can't customize our character :I

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Woah, thought this reminded me of something

Used to remember watching his stuff like brawltaunts back on NG. Thought I recognised his name.

Shame to hear about all this :/

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
The hell? I thought the main character was silent. Those allegations are pretty sever.
They speak only in battles
Understandable. Hopefully some big outlet report on this so Nintendo has to respond

Jun 11, 2019
It's not really any consolation because quite frankly, there is no excuse, but the one silver lining is that he won't be receiving any money from people's purchases. This isn't advocating for non-union>union btw, I pre-ordered weeks ago so I'm just trying to make myself feel better about it.

And there's nothing alleged about it. He's pretty much confessed to all of this on his Twitter and Tumblr accounts.

This is kinda crappy given the game is about to come out and reviewers already have their copies. At most if they are willing to change voices they can do it in a patch but who knows how long that'll take.

From what I found it not like the whole Vic Mignogna situation since Vic was in total denial while Chris was being forward on what he done. That said people should be called out.

So, why was Cristina Vee replaced?
Vee was not open to why but stated that there no bad blood with what happen.

We can only guess that it was either her performance wasn't what they were looking for or Vee had other stuff and the role conflicted with it.