• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

The Bagel Story
And there's nothing alleged about it. He's pretty much confessed to all of this on his Twitter and Tumblr accounts.
I am aware of that, bad habit of adding "alleged" whenever discussions of sexual misconduct arise so I don't have the "iT's JuSt AlLeGaTiOnS NoThInG cOnCrEtE" jackasses jumping down my throat with bad faith dismissals.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
As an aside, I do know they do a lot of work with/for TeamFourStar so...just leaving that out there.
Yeah, Team Four Star has been getting some side eye from me for this since I discovered this stuff about Niosi back at the beginning of the year when the Vic Mignogna stuff blew up.
Does he still help them with art?

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, Team Four Star has been getting some side eye from me for this since I discovered this stuff about Niosi back at the beginning of the year when the Vic Mignogna stuff blew up.
Does he still help them with art?
99% sure they provided art for their latest season's finale as per their breakdown but they don't appear to be credited for it or their voicework in the final part (Niosi voices the Ox King).

Deleted member 1441

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, like I'm sure some have mentioned, the MC (regardless if M/F) barely speaks. At all. The only time you hear them speak is when using a critical attack, when leveling up, and when getting skill ups. THATS it. Besides that, the character is mute in all conversations (you make the dialogue decisions).

Its honestly probably a total of less than 5 minutes of dialogue total. If even that.

Jun 11, 2019
Just a heads up, like I'm sure some have mentioned, the MC (regardless if M/F) barely speaks. At all. The only time you hear them speak is when using a critical attack, when leveling up, and when getting skill ups. THATS it. Besides that, the character is mute in all conversations (you make the dialogue decisions).

Its honestly probably a total of less than 5 minutes of dialogue total. If even that.
Yeah, it makes me wonder if it would be that much of a hassle at all to replace him in a patch somewhere down the line.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Was browsing my Facebook feed and stumbled across a post from a Nintendo group I follow -- one usually involving memes -- share some OneAngryGamer article bitching about our thread.

Misogynists are really committed to their craft.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, Im glad theres barely any voices in the game because of this.

But on the other, there being NO positives to using a set character over a customized one is really shitty. Worst of both worlds, shitty character design AND lifeless character(and gross shithead grunts!). Atleast with customizable characters i can project onto the avatar.

This and the lack/mishandling of gays just makes me wanna wait another 2 or 3 mainline entries. maybe in 2028 we'll get something without any "but!"s.

Credit removed from FE Heroes

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
BTW, there was a Heroes update today. One of the things changed was this:

unknown.png

That's right, Niosi's credit was removed from Byleth. I don't know if that means that he's actually gone, or Nintendo is just disassociating from him. But regardless, they seem to not want to have his name out in the open.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

That's right, Niosi's credit was removed from Byleth. I don't know if that means that he's actually gone, or Nintendo is just disassociating from him. But regardless, they seem to not want to have his name out in the open.

Oh, that's promising.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019

unknown.png

Thanks, that makes me more hopeful.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

unknown.png

So yeah, Nintendo's most likely gonna recast Byleth going forward. That's good to hear.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, Nintendo's most likely gonna recast Byleth going forward. That's good to hear.

Guess they will keep this dudes voice for the Three Houses maingame and the Byleth hero that's going to be added to FEH in the coming days, but will use another VA in the story DLC and for each male Byleth alt in FEH.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

unknown.png

Nintendo is silent, but they do listen everytime they have a controversy. Its probably disassociating for now, until they have to get new voice clips and then theyll recast.

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Now let's redirect the outrage to LGBT support in Three Houses. Maybe it'll get them to change the supports in-game.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

unknown.png

Omg those goddamn sjws ruined everything again!!111

(But seriously, this is cool.)

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Guess they will keep this dudes voice for the Three Houses maingame and the Byleth hero that's going to be added to FEH in the coming days, but will use another VA in the story DLC and for each male Byleth alt in FEH.
If they're gonna change Byleth's VA for the story DLC, might as well incorporate those voice clips into the main game. It's not like he talks much anyway.

Caz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now let's redirect the outrage to LGBT support in Three Houses. Maybe it'll get them to change the supports in-game.
If they wouldn't change the despicable supports they gave to Soleil outside of "the conversion therapy is now consensual but somehow the underlying scenario is even worse" in Fates or the general characterization of Heather as a strawman lesbian i.e. overly flirtatious, hates men, I have no hope that they'll change them to something less atrocious assuming they're as bad as i've heard (i'm planning on reviewing the game so i've been avoiding any and all spoilers, coverage outside of interviews for the purposes of research, etc. but it's hard not to notice thread titles when browsing ERA).

Fire Emblem has a particularly awful history when it comes to LGBTQ2S+ representation, is what i'm saying.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been a patch where a person was recast?

Sega had to do it for Judge Eyes/Judgment, as one of the the actors was caught with cocaine (which is career-destroying in Japan). They even had to remodel the character's face to remove the resemblance. (Not sure if it was a performance capture or not.)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This sucks to hear. I was a fan of his work back in the Newgrounds days when TOME was a sprite animation.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Perfectly willing to bet this is more because he broke NDA instead of him having an awful character.

Still, I guess the end result is the same.
To be fair, Rena Strober (Azura's VA) broke NDA & was fine. Though in her case, it was an honest mistake. The combination of breaking NDA & being an overall asshole likely didn't help Chris Niosi's case.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Oh god, this asshole went to my school. I guess that just goes to show that cesspool will accept anyone.

I knew of him but didn't really know he was a VA up until last year.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly between this and being able to date ex students the whole game is too creepy for me. Pass.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The cost of using scab labour to do your VA.

Nope.

Last edited: