• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

And more
Lots of variations of edge of dawn, don't know if the uploader uploaded all of them or in the process of uploading all of them

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
This is pretty great (and I assume it's the credits music?):

Lyrics might be kinda maybe spoilery if you're sensitive to that kind of thing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Edge of Dawn is so much better than Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Maybe I'll get tired of it eventually, though.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
As much as I love the main theme, it feels like most hte music I've heard thus far are just the same music with different instruments. The Leitmotif isn't working for me if it's all just the same song, but I highly doubt the actual soundtrack will be like that and I look forward to hearing all the different fight songs and such.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love the main theme, it feels like most hte music I've heard thus far are just the same music with different instruments. The Leitmotif isn't working for me if it's all just the same song, but I highly doubt the actual soundtrack will be like that and I look forward to hearing all the different fight songs and such.

I was a little worried about this. The main theme doesn't exactly gel with me, so I wasn't excited about that leitmotif being used over and over. I get annoyed when games do that.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I was a little worried about this. The main theme doesn't exactly gel with me, so I wasn't excited about that leitmotif being used over and over. I get annoyed when games do that.
Awakening and Echoes did it really well, and most games do. So I'm not going to be harsh on it yet as I feel it's probably just the "main" themes people are posting right now, but even the "Final map" theme I listened to felt like a rehash and after playing Valentia with Twilight of the Gods it's hard to look at that and be hype.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Awakening and Echoes did it really well, and most games do. So I'm not going to be harsh on it yet as I feel it's probably just the "main" themes people are posting right now, but even the "Final map" theme I listened to felt like a rehash and after playing Valentia with Twilight of the Gods it's hard to look at that and be hype.

Echoes is definitely a good example of a strong leitmotif throughout, but they mixed it up enough to be enjoyable. Awakening just had the id suite, but I don't remember that really getting overused since it was really only used when the story specifically focused on the Avatar.

I haven't listened to the soundtrack yet, though. I'm just going off of samples that we've heard in trailers so far. I haven't been thrilled with the soundtrack as a whole, but people seem to be *really* up on it. I hope I'm wrong!

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Echoes is definitely a good example of a strong leitmotif throughout, but they mixed it up enough to be enjoyable. Awakening just had the id suite, but I don't remember that really getting overused since it was really only used when the story specifically focused on the Avatar.
You also had songs like Conquest that were just....unf.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
You also had songs like Conquest that were just....unf.

Oh yeah, Conquest is definitely a strong, strong example of good leitmotif use. It uses both the id theme and the main FE theme and it's just really awesome in both the normal and battle versions. Might be one of my favorite songs in the series!

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Oh yeah, Conquest is definitely a strong, strong example of good leitmotif use. It uses both the id theme and the main FE theme and it's just really awesome in both the normal and battle versions. Might be one of my favorite songs in the series!
That's one thing I'm super excited for with FE, is the use of specific themes to contextualize the emotive motivation of each map.

Things like the song titled "..." and others in Awakening were used to excellently convey where the characters were in their journeys and feelings in the moment. I look forward to seeing how this measures up.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
That's one thing I'm super excited for with FE, is the use of specific themes to contextualize the emotive motivation of each map.

Things like the song titled "..." and others in Awakening were used to excellently convey where the characters were in their journeys and feelings in the moment. I look forward to seeing how this measures up.

Awakening, Fates, and Echoes had some incredible music. I think what surprised me most about Echoes was how much Tsujiyoko's compositions from FE2 held up and how much justice the sound team did to them. I'd never heard Gaiden's soundtrack before outside of the little bit we got in Smash, so whenever I'd hear an amazing song in Echoes I was like "there's no way this came from an NES song", and almost every one of them did.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Awakening, Fates, and Echoes had some incredible music. I think what surprised me most about Echoes was how much Tsujiyoko's compositions from FE2 held up and how much justice the sound team did to them.
I went back and listened to the old OST after playing Echoes and it is really quite amazing.

I can't get over how many chiptunes and early game OSTs I just adore and that still hold up when basically all "music" was beeps and boops.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Just haven't been a fan of the odd techno beats this one is using in its tracks. There's something about that just seems off. Reminds me of Sawano, who I've never liked. Can someone who has listened to the whole soundtrack tell me if this is an extremely prevalent thing about the OST, or just used in a few songs?

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just haven't been a fan of the odd techno beats this one is using in its tracks. There's something about that just seems off. Reminds me of Sawano, who I've never liked. Can someone who has listened to the whole soundtrack tell me if this is an extremely prevalent thing about the OST, or just used in a few songs?
Are you not a fan of this?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Someone PLEASE tell me if there's an orchestrated version of edge of dawn like the E3 18 trailer.... it was so amazing

Raydonn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heh... All the videos listed here have been removed. Nintendo is really going full force in protecting Fire Emblem.

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heh... All the videos listed here have been removed. Nintendo is really going full force in protecting Fire Emblem.
They have been getting channels that upload any of the songs that hasent been officially released before the gamrs comes out now, if they do it anytime afterwards they were usually fine