• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Lovely OT.

Eagerly awaiting the postman tomorrow with my CE. Fire Emblem launch day coma here we go.

Oct 28, 2017
Never played a FE game before, do reviews imply this is a good enough jumping in point? Don't want to invest in such a long game if it isn't for me either, can anyone give me a "you'll probably like this if you like game X" kind of summary?

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
kinda want to make a list of streamer that will play through the game. Just to watch it later.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Never played a FE game before, do reviews imply this is a good enough jumping in point? Don't want to invest in such a long game if it isn't for me either, can anyone give me a "you'll probably like this if you like game X" kind of summary?
Have you played Trails of Cold Steel? That's the thing it reminds me the most of.

Persona isn't the best comparison because that has a lot more directed content, and less running around.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
For everyone asking if this is a good starting point if you've never played a Fire Emblem game: Yes, it is. Apparently the Normal difficulty is very forgiving and can be a nice way to learn the ropes. If you like tactics and turn-based strategy, don't look any further.

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
waiting for ce to arrive in few days is kinda painful, but i'm in no state to double dipping games like in the past. at least I got past some stupid website bug when trying to change shipping speed to a faster one earlier today

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
A bit overwhelmed by the choices in character development/investment (in a good way). Might play slowly until a guide pops up with some tips on how best to invest time at the monastery.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
This will be my first FE on consoles. CE is arriving tomorrow. Whooo! Casual play-through all the way!

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have any of the reviews mentioned what NG+ entails?

Also slightly sad that Lunatic is DLC but eh. At least it wasn't omitted I guess.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woop woop! Blue Lions assemble!

giphy.gif

Could you imagine being a male pride Lion and you see this mob walking through your territory looking for your pride of lionesses?

I may go Black Eagles on my first play through but I'm not set on it. It depends how the characters strike me once I start playing the game.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, we have an OT! Not feeling the OT title though...I'm guessing I'm missing a pop culture reference or something? And isn't the phrase "can't be THAT bad", not "can't be this bad"?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, we have an OT! Not feeling the OT title though...I'm guessing I'm missing a pop culture reference or something? And isn't the phrase "can't be THAT bad", not "can't be this bad"?
It's a reference to a somewhat... Questionable anime.

Idk if there's consensus around a replacement and OP is okay with it it might get changed.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The title is amazing. Anyone wanting it changed is a coward.

Does anyone have a list of the lesbian/gay/bi romanceable characters in the game?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
My CE from BB shipped yesterday.
Got a shipping notification from Amazon. **** forgot I had preordered the CE on amazon.
Can I refuse the delivery, and get a full refund?
Or do I have to open a return claim?

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
OP do it for our sanity, change the title to: If the teacher is 5 years late, we are allowed to kill each other

Please :3

This one was my favorite from the Preview thread.

The title is amazing. Anyone wanting it changed is a coward.

Does anyone have a list of the lesbian/gay/bi romanceable characters in the game?

- Linhardt
- Gilbert
- Alois

- Edelgard
- Dorothea
- Mercedes
- Rhea
- Sothis

Oct 25, 2017
So, something that was widely spoiled reported:

Black Eagles branches enough to be considered two different paths.

Do the other houses actually have meaningful branches? Are they just minor things? Different endings?

Some of the reviews seemed pretty bummed out at their endings, but are some of the houses just less satisfying than the others? SMT4 is a game that had notoriously lopsided branches, while something like Der Langrisser and Tactics Ogre generally went the distance with their main branches.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

Do the other houses actually have meaningful branches? Are they just minor things? Different endings?

Some of the reviews seemed pretty bummed out at their endings, but are some of the houses just less satisfying than the others? SMT4 is a game that had notoriously lopsided branches, while something like Der Langrisser and Tactics Ogre generally went the distance with their main branches.
From what I've seen most were generally satisfied with their stories, but thought that there were a few loose plot threads, different routes give you the truth about different plot threads, so I imagine you wouldn't find out everything on a first playthrough leaving you a little disappointed

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
The game has gotten better scores than I expected. I can't play it until after work tomorrow but my Friday evening is booked off and I will be doing nothing else. The Black Eagles and I are going to kick names and take ass.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain

From what I've heard, all branches have bittersweet endings. There is no perfect ending, just different choices that lead to different endings. Whether you like that or not it's up to you.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
In for this! I have it preloaded!

This is going to be my first Fire Emblem game! I've been wanting to try the series for a while, but none is the 3DS ones quite did it for me. This one feels right though! I'm super excited to try!

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'll be doing Blue Lions, I think. Im very much open at the moment.

Im not sure which difficulty I want to play. I was pretty set on doing classic/normal, but now I hear normal is brain dead 😓 classic/hard sounds like a lot.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
For Empress Edelgard!

I'm sorry, fellow Black Eagles, but i have to play the Armoured Knight of the house, because Amazon has yet to ship my CE ... so i'm afraid i'll be late ... like the armour knight. ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.