• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Week 2 of Chapter 9: the Blue Lion House has completed assimilation of the Black Eagle House and has almost completed assimilating the Golden Deer House (have B supports with all the students I don't have except Raphael >_>)

Also, I had to restart the chapter 8 several times because those stupid Church soldiers kept triggering the boss before I could get my units in position.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
regret to report that photoshop is pants on head bad for frame by frame animation so i can't animate at work, this sucks ass

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still pretty early in the game, but have access to the amiibo stuff.

I'm assuming each week (that allows for exploration) I can scan them? Is there a limit to how many per time, or could I scan all of the FE amiibo? (Already unlocked the music for each of them from a prior week.)

benj

Oct 27, 2017
On Chapter 4 and I've hugely warmed up to some GD members—Hilda, Marianne, and Leonie especially. more than I expected, actually. but yeah, still have a tender spot for my ol' BE students. starting to think that my eventual higher-difficulty run might have to be a god squad of the S-tier personalities from every house

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm still pretty early in the game, but have access to the amiibo stuff.

I'm assuming each week (that allows for exploration) I can scan them? Is there a limit to how many per time, or could I scan all of the FE amiibo? (Already unlocked the music for each of them from a prior week.)

I scanned then all at the same time and the amiibo machine has given me new items every day.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Into that beautiful space where only paralogues seem to challenge me. Snagged Leonie today and wonder if I can get cocky and grab one of my C-supports (Lysithea, Hilda, or Dorothea) before the end of open season comes.

It was rough getting through January, where all the Knights are gone. Now I have 7 Action Points and could barely get through the day without having to double up with three of the faculty instructors gone.

Dedue solved my Kronya problem. I feel like a different FE would have made her meaner, 1-2 attacks or making her attack magical. Dedue had about an 80 hit on her and she couldn't touch him, even if she critt'd him multiple times on her way down.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
starting to think that my eventual higher-difficulty run might have to be a god squad of the S-tier personalities from every house
I'm kind of planning to do this as a final BE E-Route repeat run if I'm still somehow playing this game after finishing all the others lol.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel like I have too many good units lol

All of the BE students, Felix, Ingrid, Lysithea, and Raphael are all units I regularly use and all stomp on hard/classic. For a lot of non story battles I keep Byleth and Edelgard on the bench because the two of them can basically steam roll maps by themselves.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dorothea is just too powerful as a Dancer, goddamn. She dodges, can tank magic attacks and her mag is decent enough. Give her stride and she becomes an utility machine.

What are other good dancers? I had to recruit her on my BL run because no student there would fit as a good dancer imo
See, I feel like Stride on a Dancer is kind of a waste, since you ideally want the Dancer moving up with the units you've Stride'd.
That AoE Dance battalion, however...
I'm kind of planning to do this as a final BE E-Route repeat run if I'm still somehow playing this game after finishing all the others lol.
This is my plan. Hope somebody figures out a way to get Hilda into BE-E by then.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I have too many good units lol

All of the BE students, Felix, Ingrid, Lysithea, and Raphael are all units I regularly use and all stomp on hard/classic. For a lot of non story battles I keep Byleth and Edelgard on the bench because the two of them can basically steam roll maps by themselves.
yeah, hard/classic does not require much attention to stats or builds—basically any character can pop off and run maps. it feels like you'd have to really work to not wind up overleveled and overpowered

I'll be really interested to see how they balance the higher difficulties, and whether they'll be developed around the assumption that the player has access to NG+ tools from the start. being able to boost to a high professor level out the gate has an enormous impact on the rest of the game's trajectory—it seems like it'd be very difficult to make a very challenging experience that worked both ways

benj

Oct 27, 2017
See, I feel like Stride on a Dancer is kind of a waste, since you ideally want the Dancer moving up with the units you've Stride'd.
yeah, I think Stride is far and away the best on a healer—they're never doing anything the first turn anyway, so they get a freebie Stride to initiate, and then it doesn't actually matter if they're lagging behind for a few turns because Physic extends the entire map

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list somewhere that tells you who you should bring into battles for story reasons? Had a student tell me I just killed one of their relatives in the last battle and I wish I knew so I could have brought them lol

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 so far
1. Tie between Dorothea and Ferdinand.
2. Bernadetta.
3. Sothis.
4. CASPAR.
5. Manuela.

666. Hakuoro.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Any word on the release of Lunatic difficulty patch? I was super hyped until I found out it wasn't included and almost completely lost interest.

Bought the game yesterday but part of me just wants to play Conquest again.
No word yet. I'm waiting to do the other 2 houses after the difficulty release.
"Normal" and "Hard" are complete trash.

Oct 25, 2017
That's... a very optimistic release window expectation for the difficulty patch. Very possible we don't see it for a couple months.

Maybe, but my view is that it is something that was being prepped for launch and then they realized how massively more work a difficulty for TH was compared to any of the other Fire Emblems and that it couldn't quite make launch. Instead of ~30 missions, they have to do about 80 (~50 story, 23 paralogues, and about 10 sidequest missions). So they started it, have clearly coded up some (but not all) of the toggles and hooks to enable, and have a rough draft in place as of the gold master printing a few months ago. The lack of a major day zero patch means that they've probably had development resources to work on the difficulty levels for the last month or two.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
how much worse is Lorenz as a Dark Mage than a Mage? I know that it isn't 'optimal', but Lysithea is already a Mage on the Gremory path, and for flavor/fun I want to get as wide a class spread as I can.
I picked up the Dark Seal in the level 4 mission (Lysithea hit the Death Knight for all but one of his health—ridiculous. no thief necessary.) so he's ready to go

does Dark Mage have significantly worse growth? I think the class skill could be really good on Lorenz, since he's headed for Dark Knight, and it seems like his spells hit a little weak as-is—but I know that Mage's class skill would also be very good for the same reason

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Annette's paralogue. What the living fuck. How is she supposed to survive this shit? The enemies have 99% hit rate against her and do 95% of her HP per hit, and there's four of them.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I think Stride is far and away the best on a healer—they're never doing anything the first turn anyway, so they get a freebie Stride to initiate, and then it doesn't actually matter if they're lagging behind for a few turns because Physic extends the entire map
Yeah. Plus, most of the Heal battalions I've seen are... pretty bad, since they're so short range and frankly you're probably not going to have your units positioned to maximize them anyway.
Raphael would forget to actually dance and just stand there flexing his muscles.
Hey, I know I'd find that inspiring.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to do absolutely everything in my power to make sure Hilda and Caspar end up together. Sorry Hilda, there's only one adjucant for you.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Just hit the timeskip after 30 hours. I'm on the crimson flower route. What a ride it has been. I was megahyped for this game and it still turned out better than even my wildest expectations.

Oct 25, 2017
I sure got a lot of solo endings...

How many ending blurbs are there for Byleth? I'd imagine that there's gotta be damn near 100... M, F, solo, tons of pairs, and even paired endings must have variants for different paths...

benj

Oct 27, 2017
huh, is there some kind of savescum prevention on inviting people to tea? I tried it with Petra three times, on my fourth time it said she's "not able to make it", and it's done that again every time since

truly the only thing I savescum in this game, I'm not gonna recruit her a month later because I flubbed a deeply opaque (but charming) system > : I

e: nvm, got it the ~7th time. guess it's just a diceroll

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Okey doke, getting close to the time skip again and my plan is to go Crimson Flower -> Verdant Wind -> Silver Snow (having already finished Azure Moon.) Is that the way to go?

benj

Oct 27, 2017
you know, some of the last-questions during tea time make some kind of sense to me. but then I get Petra saying, "I have so many things I want to do!", and my choices are "Admonish", "Blush", and "Sigh". and I just truly have no idea

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
You need to do it on the first day that you can explore, but you can do it after you've done your activities for the day, so save that for last. It also only skips a week of instruction, to the next free day.

That's not true, I actually delayed doing the event to the 3rd week in the month on an explore day. It'll still happen and it'll skip a more useless day so you don't lose out on instruction.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just hit the timeskip after 30 hours. I'm on the crimson flower route. What a ride it has been. I was megahyped for this game and it still turned out better than even my wildest expectations.
What a ride/turn of events, huh? 2 or 3 chapters into part 2 I started feeling sort of nostalgic for "the good ol' days."

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
No word yet. I'm waiting to do the other 2 houses after the difficulty release.
"Normal" and "Hard" are complete trash.

I'm just not interested in playing an srpg that isn't at least Birthright Lunatic level difficulty. I've heard a few people suggest that TH Hard reaches close to that requirement but a lot more have suggested that it doesn't even reach that low bar. It's just a shame because everything else about the game looks very solid.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Done.

AbWU5fN.gif
Me in the back after listening to God shattering star.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list somewhere that tells you who you should bring into battles for story reasons? Had a student tell me I just killed one of their relatives in the last battle and I wish I knew so I could have brought them lol

Usually they tell you before the mission. For this reason i feel the Blue Lions route might be the best to start the game, they are usually related to someone from that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.