• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
is the final map just impossible with the black eagles

i have no idea what kind of approach should I use with all those pegasus and robots everywhere

You only need to do one side of the map since the goal is to just kill the boss and most of the units won't move unless you approach them. I had my strongest units in the middle and the rest in the right. I went middle and up the right stairs with my mid unit and slowly had my right units progressing through that gauntlet. Having any flying units you got basically working double duty between the middle and right goes a long way too. Especially if you can pick off the one bolting unit up the stairs early.

The pegasus knight reinforcements are rough. All I can say is basically prepare your unit to be able to one shot them, otherwise they can probably gang up on and destroy your weakest ones on their third turn when they catch up with you.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Basic question about recruiting. I want to snag Leonie and Ferdinand, but I'm getting the whole faded-letter B support where it tells me that I need to wait until after the time skip to see the cutscene.

My question is, will they still ask to join me during the week like the others given that I have their affinity up, or do I have to brute force it and actually upgrade my lance and heavy armor stats to get them to join me the "proper" way?

Just don't want to waste those action points getting professor training that I won't necessarily be using in battle if I don't have to.

Leonie's B support unlocks a month or two before the time skip, so you can chill on her requirements and just get her to B then unless you want to get her asap.
As a side note, the B support is tied to a story event in those months, and if you haven't seen her C support before that, you're completely locked out of her supports. Happened to me on my BL route.

Ferdinand however has an elusive B support that only unlocks after timeskip, so you need to pretend you're interested in learning about Heavy Armor from Gilbert and Alois every time they show up.
At least I got some lore out of the Alois C support as a side effect (and then I got my glorious cavalier, that immediately went and took Lorenz out for tea time).

How are everyone's experiences with taking someone out for the ball by the way?
I am about to take Ferdie out on my Golden Deer run, on Blue Lions I invited Felix, and he basically hard rejected me, and I'm still not over it.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
3RD5Wz9.jpg

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
I am still feeling the afterglow of finishing GD yesterday, I gotta say that the character develpment is the best Ive seen in any FE, ended up liking some characters I did not expect to like, just to name a few examples:

-Lorenz, from bothering women and being a total snob to becoming one of my favorites characters, a big 180 turn

-Sethet, initially I thought he was just a stern and boring guy, but his interactions with Hilda and Leonie made me like him quite a bit

-Decided to have Byleth end up with Marianne when I started playing, by the end I ended up picking Leonie

- Ignatz went from zero to hero, both gameplay and character wise

Just to name a few, but they all grow up so much, I just hope the other houses treat their characters with such care

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
How are everyone's experiences with taking someone out for the ball by the way?
I am about to take Ferdie out on my Golden Deer run, on Blue Lions I invited Felix, and he basically hard rejected me, and I'm still not over it.

Male Byleth reporting:

Golden Deer - Took out Lysithea. It was awful. She just stomped out angrily from being too flustered.
Black Eagles: Alternate/C (Branched off the same save) - Took out Bernadetta. She is very cute and she asks to stay longer.
Blue Lion - Took out Flayn. She is a sweetheart and a romantic at heart. She simply talks to you for a little bit, but it's a net positive.

Felix is inherent GOOD.

Oct 25, 2017
Stick with the house, the whole turnaround IS why people say Blue Lions is the best house. It's not the best paced, but it makes for great exploration of Dimitri's character.
I mean, I also get where you're coming from though, lol, I hope the story grows on you as much as it did on me though.

I bet it will.

Someone else called it a "descent into madness" but what bothers me is that it's really not. It's like the flicked a crazy switch, and now he's just a murder obsessed monster, and all the other characters, basically just say "hmm, he seems different", and I'm like "he just said he was going to crush his enemies' skulls with his bare hands, and that's all you've got!?"

At least Felix has been on team He's a Monster for a while.

But again, I've only done the first mission post timeskip.

I also wish that the timegated Support conversations better reflected the changes the characters go thru during the skip. Annette's is basically "remember that conversation we were having?" like it was yesterday and not 5 years ago.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Before the ball, I forgot to pick someone as F!Byleth on BE and ended up with Mercedes on the tower. I definitely wasnt expecting that haha.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Blue Lions and trying to B-support-steal Ferdinand and Caspar but it says the bond won't strengthen for a while.

I assume till after the time skip.

Do I still get a chance to recruit them this way in part 2 or do are those two characters where you actually HAVE to fulfill their requirements?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Chapter 11. Things are POPPING OFF.

So am I stupid for not knowing that the Flame Emperor was actually Edelgard? I didn't see that twist coming at all. I'm Golden Deer but I have to wonder how this plays out in the Black Eagles route. Edelgard deposing everyone and then declaring war seemingly comes out of nowhere unless I wasn't paying attention.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Blue Lions and trying to B-support-steal Ferdinand and Caspar but it says the bond won't strengthen for a while.

I assume till after the time skip.

Do I still get a chance to recruit them this way in part 2 or do are those two characters where you actually HAVE to fulfill their requirements?

Gotta fulfill the requirements sadly =/

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

So am I stupid for not knowing that the Flame Emperor was actually Edelgard? I didn't see that twist coming at all. I'm Golden Deer but I have to wonder how this plays out in the Black Eagles route. Edelgard deposing everyone and then declaring war seemingly comes out of nowhere unless I wasn't paying attention.

Edelgard was definitely up to some creepy stuff prior to the chapter. For one thing, she can be seen hanging around with "Monica" in the monastery before her reveal, among other things. Keep an eye out if you do another playthrough and you'll probably spot things.

She definitely obliquely hints that she's planning something in blue , dunno if it's exactly the same in golden deer though.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

There are more hints in other routes but there are definitely a few in GD. Still i didnt see it coming
I was like.. she is involved huh? at first, but then.. wtf she IS the FE!?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

There was probably a bit more foreshadowing to pick up on during the BE route, because I was able to figure it out before the reveal. Basically, Edelgard and the Flame Emperor were never in the same place together, and there were some other quotes from her about things like "What do you think about this, are they doing the right thing?" or something to that effect that I was able to pick up on.

But yeah, doing GD now, I think it would have been more of a surprise for me.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Kinda obvious buld up on BE route and the reveal may as well be El dropping her pants in front of you and going I'm the Flame Emperor with no foreplay

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

Nah, I had no idea either. In hindsight, it's kind of
obvious but I missed the signals.
In BE, she just casually tells you. No cutscene, no dramatic reveal.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Trust me I had no idea as well despite being on that route

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It took me by surprise. Looking back, though, they did drop hints including the name

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, at what level can you start to recruit other students? I want to make sure that i'm not missing anything with them. I'm still very early, and I think I may have just completed chapter 1? I just fought some dude with a spear that turns into a boss fight, the first of it's kind.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I bet it will.

Someone else called it a "descent into madness" but what bothers me is that it's really not. It's like the flicked a crazy switch, and now he's just a murder obsessed monster, and all the other characters, basically just say "hmm, he seems different", and I'm like "he just said he was going to crush his enemies' skulls with his bare hands, and that's all you've got!?"

At least Felix has been on team He's a Monster for a while.

But again, I've only done the first mission post timeskip.

I also wish that the timegated Support conversations better reflected the changes the characters go thru during the skip. Annette's is basically "remember that conversation we were having?" like it was yesterday and not 5 years ago.
I dunno, I think you can see his madness peaking through from a few chapters back when you fight those plain bandits. he mentions the voices in his head at one point and he also starts pushing people away from him at one point. exploring the monastery also adds a lot of little details, the last pre timeskip chapter he's not beside dedue for once and is at the training grounds by himself. either way, i think it was brilliantly done and I like Dimitri even more for it

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter 11 just hurts so good in a first run of BE

It's pretty obvious in BE but I was just spending so much of my time hoping it wasn't true. Then she says it and I'm like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

God Chapters 11-13 are so godly in BE A. My mind was blown several times.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 11 just hurts so good in a first run of BE

It's pretty obvious in BE but I was just spending so much of my time hoping it wasn't true. Then she says it and I'm like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

God Chapters 11-13 are so godly in BE A. My mind was blown several times.

Just to be clear,
BE A is BE E
Alternative, Edelgard
BE D is BE C
Default, Church

right?

Edit: at this point i dont even know which one is used usually haha.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Though I haven't seen BE:D before. May have missed it.

Earlier in the thread we were using Default and Alternative for the routes. But at some point it was dropped and most people were using E or C, mostly because some people didnt agree which was the default route and which was the alternative.
Then some crazy people go by the name of the campaign in the second part which I can never remember

suracity

Nov 6, 2017

Played BL and didn't see it coming at all
Honestly at first I thought it's shape shifting villains playing divide and concur with students. I didn't believe it's her until it's like really REALLY her.

Bitmap Frogs

Banned
Sep 16, 2018
Hilda's schtick of playing coy about combat while she's one of the deadliest units in GD is hilarious, can't get enough. I'm also getting serious creep vibes from Claude lusting about the relic sword. And his schemes.

I just wish they'd let you rename the characters, they could even justify in-game as a "nickname".

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

It's stupidly obvious when you see Edelgard's perspective on a lot of Rhea's actions in cutscenes and how every chapter she talks about what you plan on doing if/when war eventually happens, life after the monastery, and questioning at every step what you think about crests/the church/etc. You also learn that she has the crest of flames if you do her supports and the dude is called The Flame Emperor so. On top of that, The Flame Emperor is also only in scenes where Edelgard isn't. That route pretty much expects you by the reveal to know who it really was with how casual the drop is when it happens.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Played BL and didn't see it coming at all
Honestly at first I thought it's shape shifting villains playing divide and concur with students. I didn't believe it's her until it's like really REALLY her.
its actually kinda funny. in Sylvain and Dimitris c support, they talk about how he gave a dagger to a girl as a gift. the dagger is also mentioned as something he gave to edelgard during the ball scene. and then when you spy on the flame emperor, she leaves behind a dagger. they make it really obvious in BL

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I start every month by running to the sauna when I know there will never be anyone or anything waiting for me up there...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
its actually kinda funny. in Sylvain and Dimitris c support, they talk about how he gave a dagger to a girl as a gift. the dagger is also mentioned as something he gave to edelgard during the ball scene. and then when you spy on the flame emperor, she leaves behind a dagger. they make it really obvious in BL

One small correction:

She doesn't leave the dagger behind - she straight-up throws it at Dimitri. That one little action is in no small part responsible for Dimitri shattering like glass a chapter later.

suracity

Nov 6, 2017

Actually I caught the dagger thing immediately. But since at that point Monica has already showed her true face and she spent most of her "student" time with Black Eagle I thought maybe she stole the dagger and planted evidence or something. Retrospectively it's all pretty obvious why Monica was with BE all the time but I truly didn't suspect Edelgard until the very end.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies. There are definitely some things that stick out now that I think about it.

The biggest one being Monica, another twist I didn't see coming even though it's blatantly obvious when you think about it. She looks like an evil Persona character. Though it's easy to forget about her since she doesn't show up a whole lot and isn't recruitable (RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG).

Also I didn't realize until now that Edelgard is probably heavily inspired by Daenerys.

I also still don't know who the Death Knight is either. Everyone assumed it was Jeritza (mask guy) but that almost seems too obvious now. Also Rhea is probably evil and wants to use me as a human sacrifice or something. Literally no one is helping me out except Claude who is also fairly suspicious at times. DO SOMETHING GOLDEN DEER NOW'S THE TIME

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the other routes have this nice hints, connections and backstory between Edel and Dimitri, meanwhile in GD

(replace them with 3 of the GD dancing without care while Dimitri screams)

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies. There are definitely some things that stick out now that I think about it.

The biggest one being Monica, another twist I didn't see coming even though it's blatantly obvious when you think about it. She looks like an evil Persona character. Though it's easy to forget about her since she doesn't show up a whole lot and isn't recruitable (RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG).

Also I didn't realize until now that Edelgard is probably heavily inspired by Daenerys.

I also still don't know who the Death Knight is either. Everyone assumed it was Jeritza (mask guy) but that almost seems too obvious now. Also Rhea is probably evil and wants to use me as a human sacrifice or something. Literally no one is helping me out except Claude who is also fairly suspicious at times. DO SOMETHING GOLDEN DEER NOW'S THE TIME

RE Monica
right after she returns to the monastery, you can find her and Edelgard talking in the training ground, if you talk to them you can hear Monica in a totally different voice telling edelgard to meet up somewhere else. then she notices you and totally changes her voice to the one you usually hear (and its a big big difference) and talks to you in that voice

Status
Not open for further replies.