• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with the Tactics Primer? I pick it up at the start of the game for that quest, and then it sits in my inventory for the rest of the game collecting dust. Is there someone I can give it to? Seems weird to have it sit around like that...

same as that damn birthday card

LET ME READ IT GAME

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still have 4 random lost items. Based on the descriptions, I'm guessing they belong to Hilda and Dedue.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seminars scale super well into the late game when the teachers have A+ or S ranks to spread around. There's always room for an Authority/Reason or Authority/Bow lecture from an A+/S source.

Eh. I was sure I was leaving a weapon/authority rank on the table for a few characters. But by the time I got to the last month, it was like, "Is it really going to matter if Raphael has an B+ in Authority instead of a B?" I didn't think Hard Mode in this game is strict enough where the last-second pump was going to be the difference between winning and losing.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
the sheer amount of writing and voice acting they did for this game is insane. Kudos to whoever the project lead was on those tasks because jesus fuck.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I think sometimes mandatory characters can't be moved around, if that makes you feel any better

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
GD Chapter 20 😢

good guy Claude, showing compassion when he has no reason to. That moment simultaneously improved BE-E, as well as doing BE-E improved that moment.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously? I must be hitting the wrong thing because it just lets me see the details of the units. Of course I recently just figured out you could change the battle music so I am very slow at figuring this game out.

On the radial menu before battle with Fight! in the middle, up is the units/adjutant you want to assign to battle and up-left is the map where you can swap position of any one that has a glowing blue square under them. If there's no square, they have to start in that position, which mostly happens with units that are required for a mission.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the sheer amount of writing and voice acting they did for this game is insane. Kudos to whoever the project lead was on those tasks because jesus fuck.

Seriously. I mean even the conversations in the "share a meal" activity can change based on the support level of some characters.

The amount of work is incredible.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
japan side as well. do we know who the translation team on this one was?

Oh, for sure. Huge undertaking. It's crazy when you think about how many support convos are in this game compared to past games. It's sooo much dialogue.

As for translation team, I know it's NoA for this one, but don't know who specifically was working on it.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
GD Chapter 20 😢

good guy Claude, showing compassion when he has no reason to. That moment simultaneously improved BE-E, as well as doing BE-E improved that moment.

Did you get
Claude asking Edel to surrender one last time just as her HP drops to 25% or below? I was surprised when it happened.

Oct 26, 2017
Chapter 16 battle. Black Eagles. Question

could I have spared Cornelia? Or anyone in this fight for that matter? I tried with byleth but nothing worked. Lord Arubdel is lecturing me about how I should have spared cornelia

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Seminars scale super well into the late game when the teachers have A+ or S ranks to spread around. There's always room for an Authority/Reason or Authority/Bow lecture from an A+/S source.

Oooh, that's a really solid idea. I'll keep that in mind later on.

Right now I'm just really annoyed that the game didn't make it clear enough in advance that flying units can't even equip regular Battalions. I somehow need to get Petra all the way to C in Authority just so that she can use one again? I'd be fine if I just could only use them when dismounted...

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, that's a really solid idea. I'll keep that in mind later on.

Right now I'm just really annoyed that the game didn't make it clear enough in advance that flying units can't even equip regular Battalions. I somehow need to get Petra all the way to C in Authority just so that she can use one again? I'd be fine if I just could only use them when dismounted...

really annoying for some units when I want to adjucant grind :<

Oct 25, 2017
Designer: "I'm not sure what to do with Lysethia and Mercedes's designs after the time skip"

Someone who should not be trusted: "Have you tried putting something dumb on their head?"

Poor old Lysethia and Mercedes. They did a reverse Dorothea.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
To War At Gronder was so hype! It was my first time watching that scene from the trailer since my first route was BE-C. I thought Claude was going to side with me but son of a bitch didnt'.
It was the most challenging map in this run for me, but it felt like an actual war and it was amazing. I also got a crit on Edelgard with Dimitri to finish the map.

I'm still fucking sad about killing Bernie and Petra though ;(

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
To War At Gronder was so hype! It was my first time watching that scene from the trailer since my first route was BE-C. I thought Claude was going to side with me but son of a bitch didnt'.
It was the most challenging map in this run for me, but it felt like an actual war and it was amazing. I also got a crit on Edelgard with Dimitri to finish the map.

Joke's on you, I just ignored Bernadetta since she barely tickled me. Only had to attack Hubert and Edelgard and they don't die anyway.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Designer: "I'm not sure what to do with Lysethia and Mercedes's designs after the time skip"

Someone who should not be trusted: "Have you tried putting something dumb on their head?"

Poor old Lysethia and Mercedes. They did a reverse Dorothea.

mercey i understand, but lys's stupid reverse veil that doesn't obey clipping rules really annoys me. her student design is so good

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017

This level bothered me.

I get that Dimitri is crazy and they want to force you to fight both armies, and they even do that bit with the empire killing the messenger to make you think that the Golden Deer are not on your side, but the way it plays out in battle is dumb. I started moving all my units towards Edelgard, not wanting to attack the Alliance troops, but then Dimitri launches a surprise attack for seemingly no reason. What they *should* have done is made this a fog of war map. I thought that's what they were going to do, given that we hadn't really had any major fog of war maps since that one paralogue with Rhea, and at the beginning of that fight Edelgard has her fire troops drop fire to cause confusion. If they had made it Fog of War, then it would have made more sense if Alliance soldiers started attacking you out of the fog and you had to kill them. Would have sold the tragedy of that event way more. But nope, it's just random storytelling.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Wow the story that was passed down to edel. It leaves some stuff out just so she believes the church is much worse than it actually is (either that or she knows and she is lying to byleth)

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Did you get
Claude asking Edel to surrender one last time just as her HP drops to 25% or below? I was surprised when it happened.

Yeah, Byleth couldn't finish it so Lorenz of all people got the kill. Bless warp.

They really hammer home how Edelgard is a tragic figure in this route, makes me like BE-E more in that respect but also makes me more disappointed that it doesn't have a complete resolution. Hubert is the real MVP of this game though, what a boss.

GD 20 legit made my opinion of this game's story go higher than it already has. So good.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the lyrics of Edge of Dawn for the first time and man theres some straight up spoilers there lol.

I feel bad for Edelgard now

Yeah it's definitely like Lost In Thoughts All Alone in that it reveals more about the plot than you might think.

I really like this trend of FE vocal themes giving insight into the plot, and I hope it continues with the next game.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the DLC quests expand of the Sothis paralogue personally

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone try Ferdinand as a Wyvern Lord? Curious to hear if it worked out for anyone.

His base skill set screams, "I want to be a cavalry unit" and I think that is his "canonical" class, but that is boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.