• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
In Part 1, the only people who saw Rhea ordered death to were people who directly attacked the Church with both groups nearly killing the students. She may have called them heretics, but they weren't innocent people here since they willfully tried to commit murder. This become more justifiable when you find out why Edelgard tried to robbed the Holy Tomb, which is not mentioned on Edelgard's route funny enough.

Except, the Church is never shown as zealots except on one route. And even on Edelgard's route they're not shown as zealots since to the people of the Church, they're fighting an empire that literally declared war on all nations and are invading countries. Not to mentioned that empire sacked their main Church five years ago.

No one is not saying she rewrote history, but most of the history she rewrote was covering up what mankind did to her mother of all things. She even covered up for Nemesis painting him as a fallen hero instead of a bandit who committed genocide.
This dance is getting tiresome but hey, seems I like that 🤷‍♀️
The very first mission Rhea gives you is to go repel in blood a rebellion. Prior to that mission, she tells you to take that as "an opportunity to teach the students the cost of rebelling against the church". During this mission, you see Catherine showing a creepy amount of enthusiasm about slaughtering heretics in the name of god. The soldiers you fight almost all have some lines about "why are you doing this to us you monsters". That's the game talking to the player.

And yeah, she rewrote history for the good of mankind sure. Well, this newfound history means worshipping her kind and all, but that's all out of benevolence right?

Heck, discounting the opening sequence, the very first image you see of her is:
Rhea-02-1024x576.jpg

She's borderline displaying an evil grin.
Seriously, it's all in the game, and a large part of it even in part one.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
How do people feel about weapon durability in this?

I ended up hoarding everything special until the last map since special weapons/relics have really low uses so I treated them in much the same way I do rare consumable items like in Final Fantasy where you gather them but never use them for that mythical scenario that never occurs.

I saved them all for the last map and pretty much annihilated in one round the final boss of BE-C route.

lol thunderbrand x4 crit with christine

I honestly should've used them more considering how much repair mats I had, but I built a speed team so I never really had a need since everything would die in a hit. (Hard/Classic)

Oct 27, 2017

I ended up hoarding everything special until the last map since special weapons/relics have really low uses so I treated them in much the same way I do rare consumable items like in Final Fantasy where you gather them but never use them for that mythical scenario that never occurs.

I tend not to use the relics, but I'm more willing to use the silver/brave/killer weapons compared to past FE games. They're easy enough to replace/repair.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, this is getting intense (BE-E final battle).

Edit: oh no, I just realized Annette is here, and she's in my way, and it's too late for me to turn around. Nooooooooooo

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I just use em when I need them. They're super easy to repair.

Durability is needed in the early game just so you don't spam combat arts before you double enemies. After that you gain access to the blacksmith and the durability might as well not exist.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Hehehe the dark bishop clothes make Hubert look like he has a gut.

How do you get gold after the time skip? I'm always skint. Maybe I shouldn't have bought all those gifts every month pre-time skip lol.
Battle on free days.
Any of the battles that give gold as a reward give like 10,000 on average. And the non-gold one give like 4-7000

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, post Chapter 9 story mission ... the poor Gatekeeper cried.

Also ... random game is random. After that mission, Leonie's B-support unlocked and she basically came the very next day after that incident to me for the B-support convo. And then bam, she joined my house by herself the next day. And then BAM, the day after that, Ingrid wanted to join my house despite me not even trying to recruit her, it's just that i took her as a helper student for some months because she's a flier and that unlocked her B-support with Byleth down the line.

Okay.

Honestly people, forget and ignore the requirements, build Byleth as you want and just focus on support level for other students you want to recruit.

How is Ingrid as a Wyvern Lord? Because Falcon Knight is locked to Petra.

Interesting. He was frustrated too in the support I got from the Church about Edelgard surpassing him, except it was frame in a, 'she tore my house down because I wouldn't kneel' kind of way. He even bemused on how he couldn't stop Edelgard when she took everything from him and how useless he feels. It was really depressing.

It's kinda ... satisfying that Ferdinand has to endure the same stuff that Edelgard and her family did when his father staged the coup. Left powerless and at the mercy of others.

LOL

Flayn background spoilers:

It's sad because she's constantly scared of falling asleep and not waking up until much later when everyone she knows is dead... :'(

She's basically Three Houses take on Tiki, with Seteth acting like Gotoh.

I don't know if i would laugh or call "i could've thought it myself" if they somehow try to connect Three Houses and Archanea by linking Sothis to Naga/Tiki ... it's unknown where Sothis came from, and there were seemingly no dragons in that world prior to Sothis ... so the pessimist in me already sees them trying to make some sort of connection. ^^

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally. 61 hours. My first route (crimson flower) done. What a ride. What a game.

Now off to bed, cuz whew.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The very first mission Rhea gives you is to go repel in blood a rebellion. Prior to that mission, she tells you to take that as "an opportunity to teach the students the cost of rebelling against the church". During this mission, you see Catherine showing a creepy amount of enthusiasm about slaughtering heretics in the name of god. The soldiers you fight almost all have some lines about "why are you doing this to us you monsters". That's the game talking to the player.

And yeah, she rewrote history for the good of mankind sure. Well, this newfound history means worshipping her kind and all, but that's all out of benevolence right?

Rhea-02-1024x576.jpg

You mean a rebelling against the Church who tried to murder students? Again, these are not innocent people, they tried to kill you without care. Catherine enjoys punishing those she sees as evil, that's just her personality. The way you trying to frame it, you would think they were killing farmers who only had pitch forks. And while you're getting on Catherine's attitude, that same mission was covered in fog and several Church soldiers died.

You seem to be going on about how Rhea have people worship her, while ignoring that she allowed humans to have Crests, which is literally made from of her family and used weapons forged from their bones to boot. Given what humans did to her kind, they quite frankly got off easy since given her power, she could have burned everything like what happened with TWSD.

Part 1 did a poor job if the message was 'Rhea is evil' since the only people again killed on-screen were people who committed murder and assassination attempt. Not sure why you're trying to downplay the context of the people you fought in Part 1. Also the whole 'She's borderline displaying an evil grin' sounds like how in Dragon Ball Super fans thought the Grand Priest was evil because he smirk evilly. Honestly, Edelgard comes off far worst than Rhea since we actually see her doing shady shit that lead to innocent people getting killed or turned into monsters.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I was thinking of doing that too, until I saw Mortal Savant's stats.
Fashion is simply more important, and the growth stats of classes are overall not very significant compared to Byleths base growths.

Speaking of byleth, by taking a look at Jeralts journal and subtracting the date from the present, means that Byleth is 20-21 years old pre-timeskip.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
Just finish silver snow. I feel like both silver and crimson are very good path
crimson make me feel like my mind have empty spot when playing silver tho. especially after egelgard/shambala chapter.

A bit of credit roll and Thales
Arundel and Thales are the same person?! I just notice in the voice actors section. Wut

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

Rhea-02-1024x576.jpg

I am impressed
with some people's willingness to stan Rhea.
I mean, I don't want to bring looks into it (Mainly cause it's annoying to read people using that for why fans support El's character) but something tells me that if she looked like Danny Devito instead of some ageless milf queen people wouldn't be over looking all the red flags and going "La la la, she only does XYZ in ONE route so it doesn't count. We can totes mcgoats believe the lying manipulative crazy dragon lady (Who made up her own cult where she's Jesus and humankind warship her kind to control them) is telling the full truth that makes her look better than the stories told in the route you take that goes against her".

I mean, I'm fairly sure the new story and characters and maps we get in the 4th wave of DLC will try to bridge the gap between the narratives. Until then it would be nice if people tried to take what was said and done in the BE-E route as being worthy of thought on the matter.

Sledge

Oct 28, 2017
Why does the game say I need to pay for Online just to see the percentages of how peoplenare spending their day, etc?

It's such a small thing but it's scummy.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Anyone else get Hilda and Casper A support? God damn Casper lol boy is dense. i think this is the only support that is this explicate.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Why does the game say I need to pay for Online just to see the percentages of how peoplenare spending their day, etc?

It's such a small thing but it's scummy.

There's a bit more stuff with online in the game, out side of that percentages. In battle maps, you can find yellow and purpue glowing tiles, and those give items (mostly rusted shit or training weapons) and EXP with some additional stuff if one of your units moves onto them.

And you can get 4 exchange students from other players, those enable a Hide and Seek mini-game and you can buy items from them, whatever the player gave them before making them their exchange student.
You can do the same with one of your units, and it's a ... less reliable way of getting gold.

The whole online stuff is imo just an afterthought and not important at all. So you're fine i'd say.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
There's a bit more stuff with online in the game, out side of that percentages. In battle maps, you can find yellow and purpue glowing tiles, and those give items (mostly rusted shit or training weapons) and EXP with some additional stuff if one of your units moves onto them.

And you can get 4 exchange students from other players, those enable a Hide and Seek mini-game and you can buy items from them, whatever the player gave them before making them their exchange student.
You can do the same with one of your units, and it's a ... less reliable way of getting gold.

The whole online stuff is imo just an afterthought and not important at all. So you're fine i'd say.

I do like the %'s of what players did, and the exchange students are a great way to get seals a lot cheaper for people who recruit a lot.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I am impressed
with some people's willingness to stan Rhea.
I mean, I don't want to bring looks into it (Mainly cause it's annoying to read people using that for why fans support El's character) but something tells me that if she looked like Danny Devito instead of some ageless milf queen people wouldn't be over looking all the red flags and going "La la la, she only does XYZ in ONE route so it doesn't count. We can totes mcgoats believe the lying manipulative crazy dragon lady (Who made up her own cult where she's Jesus and humankind warship her kind to control them) is telling the full truth that makes her look better than the stories told in the route you take that goes against her".

I mean, I'm fairly sure the new story and characters and maps we get in the 4th wave of DLC will try to bridge the gap between the narratives. Until then it would be nice if people tried to take what was said and done in the BE-E route as being worthy of thought on the matter.
Nah, I dunno about looks. It could go both ways.

If I had to venture a wild take, it's that people have a tendency to worship "benevolent authority figures".

Like, you know, in the real world: "This politician is doing all this for the greater good you know. Well he(*) gets power and money and glory out of it (and share said power money and glory with his friends and family) but he totes do it for us, the masses, I promise!"

(*) In the real world, women are rarely in positions of power.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
9 from Edge. IS keeps on winning.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood - 6

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 9

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - 8

Sky: Children of the Light - 8

Nowhere Prophet - 5

Dr Mario World - 4

Stranger Things 3: The Game - 3

Fantasy Strike - 7

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I do like the %'s of what players did, and the exchange students are a great way to get seals a lot cheaper for people who recruit a lot.

I mean, once you know that "IF sunday has 'event', do explore, ELSE do battles/paralogues", the percentage stuff becomes nothing but a confirmation for what you do. ^^

And you actually have exchange students showing up with seals? Best thing i had so far was a Levin Sword, the rest was cooking stuff, iron ... maaaybe steel weapons and healing items. Pretty much useless. ^^

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
And you actually have exchange students showing up with seals? Best thing i had so far was a Levin Sword, the rest was cooking stuff, iron ... maaaybe steel weapons and healing items. Pretty much useless. ^^

Generally the online "exchange" students I see have either a master seal, umbral steel, or some sort of brave weapon to sell. Pretty useful!

A lot of my recruits have come to the house with some sort of stat enhancing item, but I suspect that might be a new game + thing. I don't remember anyone having good stuff in my first play through.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I mean, once you know that "IF sunday has 'event', do explore, ELSE do battles/paralogues", the percentage stuff becomes nothing but a confirmation for what you do. ^^

All the time lol, mine last night had 3 master seals and 1 advanced seal. I also see lots of umbral steel which can be useful if you struggle with breaking monster parts.

Generally the online "exchange" students I see have either a master seal, umbral steel, or some sort of brave weapon to sell. Pretty useful!

A lot of my recruits have come to the house with some sort of stat enhancing item, but I suspect that might be a new game + thing. I don't remember anyone having good stuff in my first play through.

No all students and professors you recruit come with stat up items or gold bullion

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

Feel free to send those students to me after they're done at your Garreg Mach, i'd like useful stuff too.

At least Shamir, Manuela and Hanneman came with seals ... can't remember wether it's been intermediate or advances ones.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
what is the song name played during the
epilogue or whatever you call it, that character card part with the classic FE song. I need that song.

suracity

Nov 6, 2017
About Rhea, I am not her biggest fan but I have to remind some of you context matters

She creates religion and takes control because mankind basically genocides her kind. I don't think she ever let it really go.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
About Rhea, I am not her biggest fan but I have to remind some of you context matters

She creates religion and takes control because mankind basically genocides her kind. I don't think she ever let it really go.

She also
Hinders technological advancement in humanity due to the war that caused her mother to use all her energy to fix the world.
I really wish the story background was explored more. On my 2nd playthrough but I am still unclear on a lot of stuff.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a ride the final map + ending of Black Eagles - E route was. It took me from late afternoon yesterday to 2AM in the morning to fully finish it lmao.
I have a ton of thoughts and questions though now. I was really afraid by how it'd end because of how straightforward most of the part 2 chapters have been, but im glad that things have shaken up a lot in the last two/three chapters. That said:

There's a lot of stuff that are left a bit still hanging up and I assume most are answered by other routes, but they do feel like crucial plot points that are just plainly ignored during Black Eagles. What happened to Those Who Slither in the Dark ? They played a major role pre-timeskip but just never appears again in part 2, despite doing some stuff off screen. I assume they're more present in the Church route ? What even happened to the Death Knight ?

Same for the many questions about Sothis, Byleth's origin, his mom, Rhea's obssession with her mom, the battle with Nemesis, Jeralt's link with Rhea and all. Are all of those questions answered in the other routes or just the church one ? It'd feel weird for so many important plot points to be all contained to a single, sort of hidden route. No spoiler tho if it's really all in the church route.

Black Eagles focused a lot on Edelgard's journey to the point of making Byleth feel a bit like, excluded from the plot, compared to pre-timeskip. It doesn't necessarily bothers me if those lingering questions are answered on other routes.

Anyway I thought I'd go on for the Church route afterwards since I have a save ready but it seems it'd make more sense to keep it for last, after having done Blue Lions and Golden Deer.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
What a ride the final map + ending of Black Eagles - E route was. It took me from late afternoon yesterday to 2AM in the morning to fully finish it lmao.
I have a ton of thoughts and questions though now. I was really afraid by how it'd end because of how straightforward most of the part 2 chapters have been, but im glad that things have shaken up a lot in the last two/three chapters. That said:

There's a lot of stuff that are left a bit still hanging up and I assume most are answered by other routes, but they do feel like crucial plot points that are just plainly ignored during Black Eagles. What happened to Those Who Slither in the Dark ? They played a major role pre-timeskip but just never appears again in part 2, despite doing some stuff off screen. I assume they're more present in the Church route ? What even happened to the Death Knight ?

Same for the many questions about Sothis, Byleth's origin, his mom, Rhea's obssession with her mom, the battle with Nemesis, Jeralt's link with Rhea and all. Are all of those questions answered in the other routes or just the church one ? It'd feel weird for so many important plot points to be all contained to a single, sort of hidden route. No spoiler tho if it's really all in the church route.

Black Eagles focused a lot on Edelgard's journey to the point of making Byleth feel a bit like, excluded from the plot, compared to pre-timeskip. It doesn't necessarily bothers me if those lingering questions are answered on other routes.

Anyway I thought I'd go on for the Church route afterwards since I have a save ready but it seems it'd make more sense to keep it for last, after having done Blue Lions and Golden Deer.

That's how I felt and what I'm doing too. I haven't even hit the timeskip yet in BL, but I've already learned some really important new things between Dimitri/Edelgard that already gives some of the stuff that happens in BE-E more context, so I'm hopeful that a lot of those questions get answers.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017

yeah, not really sure why she's cool with the 10 Noble Houses, to be honest. Their founders followed Nemesis, they still have relics and crests... it's odd to me.

No all students and professors you recruit come with stat up items or gold bullion

Ah okay, I think everyone had gold last time around lol.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got everyone pre skip, besides Gilbert, Rhea, Dedue, and Hubert (who weren't recruitable), is there anyone left to recruit post skip?

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
You mean a rebelling against the Church who tried to murder students? Again, these are not innocent people, they tried to kill you without care. Catherine enjoys punishing those she sees as evil, that's just her personality. The way you trying to frame it, you would think they were killing farmers who only had pitch forks. And while you're getting on Catherine's attitude, that same mission was covered in fog and several Church soldiers died.

You seem to be going on about how Rhea have people worship her, while ignoring that she allowed humans to have Crests, which is literally made from of her family and used weapons forged from their bones to boot. Given what humans did to her kind, they quite frankly got off easy since given her power, she could have burned everything like what happened with TWSD.

Part 1 did a poor job if the message was 'Rhea is evil' since the only people again killed on-screen were people who committed murder and assassination attempt. Not sure why you're trying to downplay the context of the people you fought in Part 1. Also the whole 'She's borderline displaying an evil grin' sounds like how in Dragon Ball Super fans thought the Grand Priest was evil because he smirk evilly. Honestly, Edelgard comes off far worst than Rhea since we actually see her doing shady shit that lead to innocent people getting killed or turned into monsters.

Thank you.

It's kinda ... satisfying that Ferdinand has to endure the same stuff that Edelgard and her family did when his father staged the coup. Left powerless and at the mercy of others.

Reading all of the library excerpts, it's a bit amusing to see how poetic some of the family history doles out in regards to the following generations/war.

I got everyone pre skip, besides Gilbert, Rhea, Dedue, and Hubert (who weren't recruitable), is there anyone left to recruit post skip?

Assuming you're talking about Golden Deer, there's no one else aside someone that will automatically join you after the timeskip.

Last edited:

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Of course
As soon as I get Gilber to a master class with a horse (Great Knight) Dedue comes back.....I miss ya bud but you need to get your riding game up...

Oct 29, 2017
Can the item from new recruit change as story progresses?

For example: Hanneman has intermediate seal when recruited, will he have advanced seal if I recruit him near timeskip?

Oct 27, 2017

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
According to my time played I'm at about 10.5 hrs and I still haven't unlocked the blacksmith. Is this normal? My poor weapons are starting to break and while I've been purchasing I'd love to be able to repair. I do think my next mission is the one that will allow me to unlock but seems like I've had to do 4-5 battles now without being able to repair.

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
asking for some clarity about 'sothis' and the crest
the progenitor god is just the name that rhea make up for sothis right? she is not a god(in the sense that she isnt the creator of the world/land) and she just powerful dragon being in the tribe(T... something) right?. and how is 'crest bloodline' pass from sothis to human anyway?

if these thing have answer in the BL or GD route. then no need to tell me.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
You'll also need to rerecruit one of the students in a story battle.

Ah, thank you. I did not recruit everyone in my Golden Deer route, so I know who you're talking about but I never was given the opportunity and forgot.

According to my time played I'm at about 10.5 hrs and I still haven't unlocked the blacksmith. Is this normal? My poor weapons are starting to break and while I've been purchasing I'd love to be able to repair. I do think my next mission is the one that will allow me to unlock but seems like I've had to do 4-5 battles now without being able to repair.

Are you checking the quests within the Monastery? It's an easy one to accomplish to have access to the facility.

You should have access to it by
Chapter 5
, which you may or may not be on in 10.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.