• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
am I missing some way of seeing
  1. what a character's Authority skill is (directly, not just by inferring from what battalions are greyed out), and
  2. what my character's currently-equipped battalion's Authority requirement is
from the battalion inventory screen?

Your authority skill is on the same screen with stuff like swords, Faith, riding, etc, it's another skill you can work on with higher authority giving you more accuracy with gambits and unlocking skills that make your gambits stronger/more endurance/bonus skills.

Just like weapons you can only lead a battalion if your authority is a high enough level. If you look at your list of battalions either in the inventory or the guild master you can see what rank they require from E to S (I dunno if there are any s rank battalions).

You can see your armies authority skill on teaching days or by looking at the class roster in the menu and going to the skills page.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Your authority skill is on the same screen with stuff like swords, Faith, riding, etc, it's another skill you can work on with higher authority giving you more accuracy with gambits and unlocking skills that make your gambits stronger/more endurance/bonus skills.

Just like weapons you can only lead a battalion if your authority is a high enough level. If you look at your list of battalions either in the inventory or the guild master you can see what rank they require from E to S (I dunno if there are any s rank battalions).

You can see your armies authority skill on teaching days or by looking at the class roster in the menu and going to the skills page.
yes, I understand all of that. none of that is what I was asking

benj

Oct 27, 2017
god, in NG+, even by willingly ending a lot of 'battle' sundays before using all my battle points, I think I'm already solidly overleveled for story content to the point where it'll trivialize everything. wonder how many weeks I'll have to choose seminar/rest to get back down to a fun point

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hilda is so lazy, that I didn't even realize she was the second in command for the Golden Deer and was basically the Hubert/Dedue.

giphy.gif

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Haha Ferdinan just asked me "what if i were not been your student?" And what about if i had not sided with the empire

You would be dead Ferdie. Dead. And Dorothea would break down even more

Then he literally says "we cant turn back time, so we can try a different path"

Actually.....

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Say, question. How does the game decide which character marries which?

Well, only the avatar necessarily marries anyone. But you can see who's likeliest to get paired endings with each other with the "Close Allies" section of the status page. It shows the people with whom they have the most support points.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay.. so manuela does have a line for when she meets the death knight on BE-C. The DK apologizes... ummm.. sure thats totally in character. Right?

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
So what's the deal with the sauna? Something removed from the non-Japanese versions?

OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
i'll make a strawpoll later, hopefully within 12 hours for you guys to pick. for now just give new suggestions for ot2 subtitle.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I don't understand how to deal with mages at the beginning of the game. There's no safe way to attack them, and they always seem to be able to take out 2/3 of my HP. Even if I take one out, the surrounding soldiers can finish me off.

Starting to regret classic mode.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how to deal with mages at the beginning of the game. There's no safe way to attack them, and they always seem to be able to take out 2/3 of my HP. Even if I take one out, the surrounding soldiers can finish me off.

Arrange your party so that they'll hit whoever has high Res. Even at early levels, a few of your units—usually other mages, not your physical tanks—will have high enough Res that magic won't deal much damage to them, if any.

Other than that, you can use archers to attack them from outside their range, or just bullrush them down—they're very squishy.

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Now that we know who did much of the dev work, Romance of the Three Houses is even more fitting for an OT title.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

bait with res tanks then murder them. Or use 2-3 range archers sitting outside their range to pin them from too far for them to retaliate.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty silly running around the monastery in GD Chapter 19 and everyone's talking about
how taking down the empire will somehow unite Fodlan. What?

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Finished my second route and I've done the BL and Church routes now. Final map of the Church route was way harder than the final map of BL, and that's even with my army of supersoldiers I crafted in NG+. Went out of my way to actually level up everyone I had in this playthrough, which included all the teachers/Seiros knights, BE students, and then some of my favorites from BL (Felix, Annette, Ingrid). Gained a lot of respect for Seteth and Hanneman in their supports after neglecting both in BL (didn't even recruit Hanneman there). Seteth in particular I think is a pretty great character now after seeing his supports with characters like Cyril and Ingrid.

Will start GD tomorrow probably.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
the reward for saving all the crest stones is a rusted bow?? Also Dimitri was amazing in that cutscene

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
God just reached post-time skip in BE-E. THE GLOW UPS AND THE POST TIME SKIP DESIGNS ARE GLORIOUS.

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Gained a lot of respect for Seteth and Hanneman in their supports after neglecting both in BL (didn't even recruit Hanneman there). Seteth in particular I think is a pretty great character now after seeing his supports with characters like Cyril and Ingrid.

Will start GD tomorrow probably.
I feel I made a mistake to just let Seteth die on battlefield because I found him annoying pre-timeskip.

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to the time skip in NG+, and anyone that says Blue Lions is the best house is actively wrong.

Emo Dimitri suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkksssssssssss.

And if Dedue is actually dead, then fuck this route.(I don't think he's actually dead)

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty silly running around the monastery in GD Chapter 19 and everyone's talking about
how taking down the empire will somehow unite Fodlan. What?

Fargus doesnt exist anymore by that point in the story so taking the empire into alliance territory gets foldan as a single nation once again

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the BE E game in 44hrs. Didn't really feel like I rushed all that much. I really don't know how people are getting their playthroughs to be 60-80hrs.
Still pretty confused on the ending though. Who was the mother? Crests are literally embedded into people? Was Byleth some sorta experiment? Gotta say I loved the little ending stories based on who lived and loved.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT2| Three Houses, Four Paths

Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT2| We Didn't Think You'd All Pick Edelgard

Fire Emblem: Three Houses |OT2| DID YOU LOSE THIS!?

preta

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the BE E game in 44hrs. Didn't really feel like I rushed all that much. I really don't know how people are getting their playthroughs to be 60-80hrs.
Still pretty confused on the ending though. Who was the mother? Crests are literally embedded into people? Was Byleth some sorta experiment? Gotta say I loved the little ending stories based on who lived and loved.
These questions are answered in other routes.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Other routes are longer

Status
Not open for further replies.