• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Right, that doesn't sound too bad.
Just one more question: I don't tend to replay games- is this one of those were I'd be missing out if I didn't do a playthrough with every class, or can I sort of experience everything in one playthrough?

I'm fine if it's substantially different, but if it's just doing the same thing with a different set of characters/story, then chances are I won't touch it.

Like, I got put off FF Type 0 when I realised I had to basically get to NG+3 to actually see the story through.

Playing BL after finishing BE-E, first half is similar in story structure and maps, but you generally get different cutscenes/reactions/etc. as you have an entirely new cast. Afaik, second half is substantially different depending on the route. Different story and some different maps but shared maps usually have different enemy placements which make it feel new. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong for anyone who's played more

Fire Emblem games are generally some of the best to replay as taking new units with different roles gives even the same maps a different experience so even in the first half it doesn't feel as remotely as redundant as something like replaying a normal RPG.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Let's just address the core discussion question right up front:
Was Edelgard Right?
1) Yup
2) Definitely
3) 100%

Boom, there's your poll.
Edelgard did nothing wrong.
2hPFeHo.gif

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
i am so addicted to this game.

i was thinking about waiting until lunatic mode comes out to do the Golden Deer route once I finish Blue LIons, but I don't think I can wait.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waifu Wars in Fire Emblem are evolving into Faction Wars with Waifu Wars within each faction

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Out of the Black Eagles + Marianne and Lysithea, who should I make a dancer this time?
The dancer has gone nearly unused in all playthroughs, what should I doooo.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Let's just address the core discussion question right up front:
Was Edelgard Right?
1) Yup
2) Definitely
3) 100%

Boom, there's your poll.

Let me amend those options:

Was Edelgard right?
1. Yes
2. No
3. Maybe
4. I Don't Know
5. ...Can you repeat the question?

Waifu Wars in Fire Emblem are evolving into Faction Wars with Waifu Wars within each faction

Faction Emblem: Three Houses featuring Waifu Emblem from the Fire Emblem series

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
OT2 SUBTITLE POLL TIME

12 options to pick, ranging from preview thread, past few pages, and 1 that someone asked me to use it a day before game release

THERE'S A "HOUSE CUP" OPTION! YEEES

Voted! ^^

Out of the Black Eagles + Marianne and Lysithea, who should I make a dancer this time?
The dancer has gone nearly unused in all playthroughs, what should I doooo.

You're playing BE right now, i got that right? Either Dorothea or Flayn then ... depending on your route of course.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You encounter the Death Knight three times before the timeskip, I believe.
I'm on my second playthrough, and in the first encounter with him I didn't even try because I had no thief, and it wouldn't be viable to defeat him. On the second encounter, I looked into defeating him, still wasn't viable, but I did had a thief. Unfortunately my thief's speed wasn't high enough to steal it :( I wanted to upgrade Hubert the Goobert to a Dark Mage.

I think I beat him on the third encounter in my first playthrough, so I imagine I could probably do the same here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I went Flayn last time.
And Dorothea sounds so obvious, like everyone must pick her for this. Puffin don't roll that way.
Dorothea was happy with Ferdinand in my BE run. Bernie is the only Black Eagle for me.

EDIT: Ah, you're talking about dancers, not romance. Shows what I get for reading threads before morning coffee. :P

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We owe it to Gatekeeper to name our next OT after him.

(But Romance of the Three Houses is really good too.)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
GD Chapter 21
Yooooooooooooooooo what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk we droppin BOMBS here

Holy shit this fucking world is so much more metal than I initially gave it credit for... I pieced a lot of it together already but god damn we been wielding dragonbone shit this whole time? Yo why the Aganthians got missiles though? What up with this fuckin sci fi underground base with hologram runes and shit? The fuck is going on?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie being a Dancer would give you a reason to up her Faith, which would give you access to the only not-Flayn Rescue in the game...

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think Hubert leaves on the church route with Edelguard, plus I already have 2 dark seals for him anyway.
And bernie would just be cruel.

Ah, the church route?

Well, Bernie as a dancer would be hilarious on one hand, and she's the easiest to replace with Shamir on the other. ^^

Outside of her ... Caspar? Recruit Raphael for War Master and let the little guy dance for the big one.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
GD Chapter 21
Yooooooooooooooooo what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk we droppin BOMBS here

Holy shit this fucking world is so much more metal than I initially gave it credit for... I pieced a lot of it together already but god damn we been wielding dragonbone shit this whole time? Yo why the Aganthians got missiles though? What up with this fuckin sci fi underground base with hologram runes and shit? The fuck is going on?

Haha I had the same reaction, so weird

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Voted in the pool
I actually liked The "Highschool romance of the three houses" variation more but still voted for the closest one

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Haha I had the same reaction, so weird

GD Chapter 21 con't [BIG SPOILS]
I think it's amazing that Rhea a) set up a religion, b) set herself up as the war jesus of the religion and c) then set herself up as the pope??? like imagine the pope being like psyc it was me jesus the whole time and I've been doing this specifically to stalk satan the great adversary and revive god, who I jammed into this small child and then unaccountably lost

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
GD Chapter 21 con't [BIG SPOILS]
I think it's amazing that Rhea a) set up a religion, b) set herself up as the war jesus of the religion and c) then set herself up as the pope??? like imagine the pope being like psyc it was me jesus the whole time and I've been doing this specifically to stalk satan the great adversary and revive god, who I jammed into this small child and then unaccountably lost

Yeah that last bit is crazy

Just some huge confusing lore dump and I struggled keeping up, really wish Rhea wasn't just MIA until the last minute.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
anyway, if ya'll can think of more gifs to #redrawriegan let me know, the only one I have in mind right now is 'it's free real estate' and a 3 houses joke

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
In general people like their first House the most in terms of characters and story. Im playing BE-E after GD and while I like it, its not GD
Everyone seems to love their first one the most. I'm doing GD for my second, and so far I still think I liked BE E route better, but we'll see, just getting started on Part 2 now.

Is there a secret ending, or path once you finish the 3 houses? no spoilers plz

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finished two more paralogues last night (Annette's and Mercedes').

Gotta say, I really do not enjoy the pacing in the second half. There really isn't much to do in Explore sessions now that every character is either recruited (or Leonie) aside from grinding Solo Seminars. I don't know why they kept the Persona format for the second half but it just feels empty and the Monastery isn't set up very well for intuitive exploration.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a secret ending, or path once you finish the 3 houses? no spoilers plz

No, however BE splits in 2 paths. BE-C and BE-E. In particular Be-E is misseable, you have to unlock it mid playthrough but there are no requirements of having played other routes. its also easy to unlock to the point that people unlock it without realizing

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
GD Chapter 21

GD is the dumb hype route and it ain't ending here.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a lot of bad luck recently. So many low percentage hits are hitting. I'm not dying but it's annoying when you get hit at 20% every time. At this point, I expect it to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.