• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that hit rates hit more than they should as usual. the thing about double rng (or any similar variation) is that if the hit rate is below 50% then the opposite effect happens, hit rates would hit way less than usual. Maybe they have something else in place for below 50% just like in fates.

Pre ch 11 is similar but there are some new conversations and variations specially to acomodate for the flame emperor.
Post ch 11 it changes a lot
Pre time-skip pretty much the same with other colors. Post time-skip, very different.
Post-timeskip, the routes diverge almost completely to the point that there are different final bosses and story revelations in each.

Oh that's cool. Guess I'll be going through again. Thanks.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty much entirely character model quality, I think. Something about her face, her GIGANTIC eyes, and the way her nose kind of barely registers as an object makes her look really, really weird and uncanny valley on a level other characters don't.

She looks too much like a cat when she is younger. It's slightly better post timeskip but is still a bit jarring.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Basic question about recruiting. I want to snag Leonie and Ferdinand, but I'm getting the whole faded-letter B support where it tells me that I need to wait until after the time skip to see the cutscene.

My question is, will they still ask to join me during the week like the others given that I have their affinity up, or do I have to brute force it and actually upgrade my lance and heavy armor stats to get them to join me the "proper" way?

Just don't want to waste those action points getting professor training that I won't necessarily be using in battle if I don't have to.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
She's so mean to Ignatz, and when he runs off crying her only take is "I wonder if people think I'm a stupid kid like him when they see me? Oh god, that would be awful."
I was waiting for her to apologize in her A support, but nope.

Golden Deer peeps really need to stop bullying poor Ignatz.

Okay, this Ignatz and Lysithea (B) is the latest Support I saw and I was taken aback by how insufferable she was in it. I'm a huge Lysithea back and in her Supports she usually is willing to explain her insecurities and even at times apologizes for them. I was also wondering this for the Ignatz one which I saw B of and was like "Why does she need to get into the typically close-to-romantic "A" just to apologize?

Now to find out she doesn't.

...No one's perfect! lol. Seriously though, I'm disappointed Ly!

It's pretty much entirely character model quality, I think. Something about her face, her GIGANTIC eyes, and the way her nose kind of barely registers as an object makes her look really, really weird and uncanny valley on a level other characters don't.

Funnily enough, her character design is another thing I really like about Lysithea. The color palette and eyes staring back into your soul is among features where I find this new art style works best. Flayn and Edelgard's character portraits/designs also have flashes of it.

More plain ones like Ingrid make me wish they were in a different art style altogether.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Basic question about recruiting. I want to snag Leonie and Ferdinand, but I'm getting the whole faded-letter B support where it tells me that I need to wait until after the time skip to see the cutscene.

My question is, will they still ask to join me during the week like the others given that I have their affinity up, or do I have to brute force it and actually upgrade my lance and heavy armor stats to get them to join me the "proper" way?

Just don't want to waste those action points getting professor training that I won't necessarily be using in battle if I don't have to.

You have to brute force it for both of them. Ferd is a real challenge to recruit, and Leonie was the only character I wasn't able to recruit on my first playthrough because of how finicky she is about doing things that raise her affinity.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

Nope. There is like 1 set student per route that is recruitable mid battle (by defeating them with byleth) post time skip. But no one stays, they leave with their peers if they are not in your house

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I'm past the skip and just realized I never used any of those items that put up stats permanently. I have ton of them, does anyone know if they are per character or all units when you use them? I'm assuming per character.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm past the skip and just realized I never used any of those items that put up stats permanently. I have ton of them, does anyone know if they are per character or all units when you use them? I'm assuming per character.

Anyone can use them. Use it to patch up a unit, i fixed my leonie's str that way.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
You have to brute force it for both of them. Ferd is a real challenge to recruit, and Leonie was the only character I wasn't able to recruit on my first playthrough because of how finicky she is about doing things that raise her affinity.
Nope. There is like 1 set student per route that is recruitable mid battle (by defeating them with byleth) post time skip. But no one stays, they leave with their peers if they are not in your house

Thanks a ton, I'll be brute forcing it then. It's still early enough to where there isn't much definitive information out there on the topic. Half of the recruitment guides still say that Hilda can't be recruited at all, but she was the easiest one for me to nab.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Black Eagles - C Full Spoilers

Ignatz

What if it's Ignatz who's painting all those awesome murals at the beginning of every chapter? This is my headcanon.

Rhea
Is it basically confirmed that Rhea is Seiros?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Per character but I've always hoarded them for some reason, even at endgame =/

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
As per the usual "I'm hoarding all of my items in an RPG because what if I need them later" mentality, I didn't use any of these until the final battle lol.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
As per the usual "I'm hoarding all of my items in an RPG because what if I need them later" mentality, I didn't use any of these until the final battle lol.

Most of the time I have so many of those types of items at the end, I don't even bother using them for the final boss/battle because it would take so long to assign them all

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Black Eagles - C Full Spoilers

Ignatz

What if it's Ignatz who's painting all those awesome murals at the beginning of every chapter? This is my headcanon.

Rhea
Is it basically confirmed that Rhea is Seiros?

Re:Rhea
Post Ch 20 (GD and BE-C)
she says it herself. She is serios.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I fed most of the stat up items to Byleth immediately upon getting them, which is probably why my Byleth is basically Lu Bu at this point. Kid is a goddamn monster. I had him solo half of a map by himself while the rest of my army worked on the other half and Byleth never took a hit.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

Leonie's B-rank unlocks just before the timeskip, I want to say Chapter 10? But yeah, I had to get my stats up a bit for the both of them

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a terrible mentality in FE. Slightly better in games like this where you can easily grind (even on hard mode), but still not great. For example why spend a bunch of fights where character "y" can't double and hope for speed to increase why leveling up when you can just give them a speed boosting item?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The Black Eagle crew are all charming as hell, and recruiting Lys and Hanneman feels mandatory given how well their subplots rhyme with Edelgard's whole philosophy. Even Hubert and Linhardt have grown on me in a big way.

But man alive, the story mission context, cutscenes, and transition into the first time skip mission are so, sooooo much better in the Blue Lion route.

Psycho Dimitri gets a great anime scene in the Holy Tomb, but Rage Dragon Rhea reveal doesn't? There isn't even a post-Chp. 12 cutscene.

Empress Edelgard's grand "going to war" speech from the Blue Lions route isn't in the Black Eagles route?

Did I miss something, or is there literally *nothing* more about Monica/Kronya in the Black Eagles route? Not even a "Hey Professor, sorry I worked with the crazy chick who killed your Dad but let's go conquer the world together"?

Matter of opinion, but my happy reunion with the Eagles pales in comparison with joining wacko Dimitri on a bandit-murder mission, failing multiple times on the first turn before I figured out exactly the right route to take, and the slow arrival of all my old Lion pals. CHILLS!

The sheer amount of storytelling in this game is insane, and I'm blown away at the caliber of writing and voice acting across the board for a Nintendo Koei-Tecmo game. But I'll always, ALWAYS stan for experiencing Blue Lions first.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
For example why spend a bunch of fights where character "y" can't double and hope for speed to increase why leveling up when you can just give them a speed boosting item?
Because what if I need them later!?!?

But yeah, you're right. I'll probably use them on my GD run here soon since I'm at Part 2 now.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is the final map just impossible with the black eagles

i have no idea what kind of approach should I use with all those pegasus and robots everywhere

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The sheer amount of storytelling in this game is insane, and I'm blown away at the caliber of writing and voice acting across the board for a Nintendo Koei-Tecmo game. But I'll always, ALWAYS stan for experiencing Blue Lions first.

It fucking shocked the hell out of me when

Dimitri crushed that knight's skull with his bare hand during the cutscene where he cracked. It happened out of frame, but the implication of what he did to that guy could not have been clearer.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They get a little boost if you let them do their preferred focus for the week they ask it in.
Everyone has a handful of personal goal presets, they ask for it when specific skill thresholds are met, even if you already set that goal for them anyway.
They get a boost for the week so its worth it if it alings with your goals somehow

Ah, shit, I didn't know this!

Granted, I think I've usually done it if it made sense to me; at most I probably just lost out a bit on times when I'd have switched to those later anyway. I just hope I actually picked yes the times they literally asked for what I already had set, welp.

Guess I'll know going forward, at least.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
is the final map just impossible with the black eagles

i have no idea what kind of approach should I use with all those pegasus and robots everywhere

With the black eagles? Well each route gets their own final boss (not necesarily the same map either)

Edit: and yes there was a jump in dificulty. for GD i felt that if i took one more turn it would have become imposible, as i broke one of my best weapons and I was about to break another

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
With the black eagles? Well each route gets their own final boss (not necesarily the same map either)

Edit: and yes there was a jump in dificulty. for GD i felt that if i took one more turn it would have become imposible, as i broke one of my best weapons and I was about to break another
Yeah. As a general rule, expect the final map to be a significant difficulty spike regardless of the difficulty level you're on.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For both BE A and GD I felt like the chapter before the final chapter was harder *shrugs* And the former was on Normal, the latter on Hard.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
For both BE A and GD I felt like the chapter before that was harder *shrugs*

how did you deal with GD final boss? I was able to clear the map with my units rather easily, but everyone but 4 units survived the boss counter (and if they did survive it was with 5hp or less and only if no crest or criticals triggered for the boss. And the boss outspeed my units too so more chances for crests or crits). I was also not able to deal more than 50% hp damage in a turn so i had to bait the boss out of the healing tile

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It fucking shocked the hell out of me when

Dimitri crushed that knight's skull with his bare hand during the cutscene where he cracked. It happened out of frame, but the implication of what he did to that guy could not have been clearer.

I know, right? Rated T for Teen, indeed.

Side note: it's really funny that a game with the horniest characters ever doesn't show so much as a peck on the cheek between anyone.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
how did you deal with GD final boss? I was able to clear the map with my units, but everyone but 4 units survived the boss counter (and if they did survive it was with 5hp or less and only if no crest or criticals triggered for the boss. And the boss outspeed my units too). I was also not able to deal more than 50% hp damage in a turn so i had to bait the boss out of the healing tile

I had plenty of gambits left so I just used them to get them down with and used Lys for the final strike. The hits were luckier than on other maps as far as hit rate goes but I didn't have a whole lot of trouble with the map, it was just long.

Alternate.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Re:Rhea
Post Ch 20 (GD and BE-C)
she says it herself. She is serios.

Whoops I must have missed that revelation in C. Just put 2 + 2 together as we learned more backstory.

I initially assumed Rhea, Seteth and Flayn were reincarnated versions of the saints instead of it actually being them. I always found it funny that the Goddesses chosen hero was called Nemesis and I wasnt surprised when that guy ended up betraying them. It makes sense now that he was never "chosen" to begin with.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Lysithea + Thyrsus = Nuke from anywhere

Thyrsus is so good on Lysithea. It gives her great range and I'm constantly surprised by how far it extends.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I know, right? Rated T for Teen, indeed.

Side note: it's really funny that a game with the horniest characters ever doesn't show so much as a peck on the cheek between anyone.

on the other hand it is implied with Sylvain at least in one Manuela support
he was going to the infirmary at night and found Manuela. she asks him what he was doing there and says "you werent with a girl right?", he tries to deny it when asnwering but.. its clear he is lying

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Support Ignatz: I'm sorry about this thing no one could have foreseen, Raphael!

Post credits Ignatz: I banged your sister, Raphael

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard's route yeah

Not impossible, just a huge difficulty jump. What's your team composition (characters and classes)?

- Byleth Mortal Savant
- Edelgard Emperor
- Ferdinand Paladin
- Hubert Warlock
- Dorothea Gremory
- Lysithea Warlock
- Lindhart Holy Knight
- Marianne Holy Knight
- Felix Assassin
- Petra Falcon Knight
- Bernadetta Bow Knight
- Caspar War Master

My issue is that everything is cramped and horse units have difficulty moving while the enemy has a ton of Pegasus knights to fuck me up. I'm thinking about reuniting the units instead of having them progress separately like you're supposed to but the space issue remains.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I freed the right stronghold where the death knight was ( was insanely easy this go around) and the swordmaster that came out of there went out to rush edelgard. she hit edelgard twice and CRIT both times, but she survived with 1 HP because I guess the game doesn't allow NPCs to kill bosses, thankfully. so Dimitri was able to finish her.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Whoops I must have missed that revelation in C. Just put 2 + 2 together as we learned more backstory.

I initially assumed Rhea, Seteth and Flayn were reincarnated versions of the saints instead of it actually being them. I always found it funny that the Goddesses chosen hero was called Nemesis and I wasnt surprised when that guy ended up betraying them. It makes sense now that he was never "chosen" to begin with.
The ending of BE-C even provides a visual, as Rhea has a blood smear on her cheek identical to the one Seiros has on her face at the end of the opening cutscene.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I freed the right stronghold where the death knight was ( was insanely easy this go around) and the swordmaster that came out of there went out to rush edelgard. she hit edelgard twice and CRIT both times, but she survived with 1 HP because I guess the game doesn't allow NPCs to kill bosses, thankfully. so Dimitri was able to finish her.

Yup. The same thing happened to me in that fight.
That poor swordmaster was trying so hard but she just couldn't punch through Edel's plot armor over multiple turns while my team cleaned up all the chaff enemies. So I had Dorothea drop a fucking meteor on Edel's head to end it.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Support Ignatz: I'm sorry about this thing no one could have foreseen, Raphael!

Post credits Ignatz: I banged your sister, Raphael

Yo I got this ending too and I could not stop laughing. He was the only in the house to get married too besides my Byleth and Marianne.

Oct 25, 2017
how did you deal with GD final boss? I was able to clear the map with my units rather easily, but everyone but 4 units survived the boss counter (and if they did survive it was with 5hp or less and only if no crest or criticals triggered for the boss. And the boss outspeed my units too so more chances for crests or crits). I was also not able to deal more than 50% hp damage in a turn so i had to bait the boss out of the healing tile

There's a bunch of busted gambits. AoE "all damage reduced to 1" or "always survive with 1 HP" are what I did.

Stride is only one of a few great utility gambits, but it gets called out the most for having a lower Authority requirement.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I just used apocalyptic flame, falling star, sublime heaven, and then booped him on the nose with Felix. All in One turn.
In hindsight, I probably should have lured the boss off the heal tile first. But yeah, it's stats are insane.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
BEE final chapter also kicked my ass. 2 hours down the drain, I'm just gonna restart and make all my units tackle from one side. Seems more plausible to do than trying to divide and conquer despite the tight spot and burning ground.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Yup. The same thing happened to me in that fight.
That poor swordmaster was trying so hard but she just couldn't punch through Edel's plot armor over multiple turns while my team cleaned up all the chaff enemies. So I had Dorothea drop a fucking meteor on Edel's head to end it.
I let her wyvern riding comrade with the funny name survive because I didn't know the NPCs couldn't kill her. wonder if I'll see her again

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dimitri and Felix's A support is perfection.

And Felix's whole support with Annette... I was so sure she should be with Ashe but now I'm conflicted.

Felix really is one of the best characters. He just needs a hug. I hope Sylvain gave him one.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Dimitri and Felix's A support is perfection.

And Felix's whole support with Annette... I was so sure she should be with Ashe but now I'm conflicted.

Felix really is one of the best characters. He just needs a hug. I hope Sylvain gave him one.

In my final Blue Lions playthrough, I've actually paired Annette with Dimitri. lol.

I'm interested in seeing a Dimitri/Felix, but I leaned on it way too late. I find their tension fascinating though.

B O A R

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BEE final chapter also kicked my ass. 2 hours down the drain, I'm just gonna restart and make all my units tackle from one side. Seems more plausible to do than trying to divide and conquer despite the tight spot and burning ground.

I'm at the same spot and I think that's how I'll do it. It's also how I passed ch17 with the bullshit happening midfight

Status
Not open for further replies.