• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
What'd you have Dedue become? Blue lions is probably my next house, and I'm excited to have Dedue. He seems awesome from the glimpses I've got.

I went Brawler > War Master. He just couldnt hang with the faster enemies in late game BL and missed a decent amount of his hits. He was a beast against, well, beasts but he struggled a lot against assassins, savants, basically anything that had above average speed.

As a character, he's absolutely amazing. His supports are fantastic. Dedue / Ashe A support is one of the games highlights.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I reached the final stage of a thing I knew I wanted to do since I saw Hilda, and it didn't turn out as bad as you would think.

#noragrets

One regret: she lost her pigtails

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
I went Brawler > War Master. He just couldnt hang with the faster enemies in late game BL and missed a decent amount of his hits. He was a beast against, well, beasts but he struggled a lot against assassins, savants, basically anything that had above average speed.

As a character, he's absolutely amazing. His supports are fantastic. Dedue / Ashe A support is one of the games highlights.
Just curious, but were you using the claws or axes? I never had an issue missing hits with claws (in fact, they're close to 100% hit rate most of the time). And his low speed was mitigated by the fact that you get double attacks from claws. Actually, you get the second attack immediately after the first, so the enemy is often already dead before they can even counter.

(This is also on hard difficulty for reference)

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, decided to start a new route. Gonna go with BL this time. I'm hoping with the new game+ stuff speeds the game up. Gonna try my hardest to speed through the monastery stuff, not do anything other than the main missions and paralogues, and limit my recruits (I had 12 recruits last time). That should speed it up quite a bit.

Watching the opening video again, and everything about it makes sense after finishing GD.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I knew I said I was going to wait, so I wouldn't get burned out, but I started the game again with the BE route. I ended up getting bored and stopped around chapter 8 lol, dunno how people were able to do all four playthroughs back to back.
The monastery/exploration was already dragging by the end of my first playthrough, but having to do the tutorials all over again and the same exact events makes me hate this section of the game. It's also the same exact missions and scenes so far.

I made the game way to easy even on the hard difficulty with ng+ bonuses. I should have waited til Lunatic mode came out haha.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So, the game just threw me into battle. Will I go back to the monastery or is it going to be all battle from here on out?

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Golden Deer done! I have to admit, I wasn't excited to play this route as it has my least favorite characters but they all grew on me minus Raphael. Yeah, he is wholesome but very tropey. The lore bombs were pretty great and now I have full understading of this games plot. The endgame map design was pretty bad but the song and the enemies oh baby, hype.

http:///SnCd.png

I'm just missing one route but I'll probably comeback after Astral Chain. I started with BE-C and I'll finish with BE-E. I'm coming home again, El ;-;
I might end up doing the same thing as you... I messed up and saved over the end of part 1. So now I have to do BE-C right now in part 2. Forgive me for I have sinned lol

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just wrapped up Blue Lions and now I'm checking all the spoiler tags for nuggets of story. If GD is more lore heavy I think that's what I might pick away at next, as much as I enjoyed the cast and overall arc in BL it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

Shoutout to Felix (Mortal Savant), Lysethia (Mortal Savant), Dedue (War Master), Mercedes (Gremory) and Dorothea (Dancer), all beasts. Ashe came on strong at the end too, Bow Knights put in work.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Joe Zieja (voice of Claude) has been promoting the hell out of this game, even playing the game on Twitch, and he seems like a very cool guy

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey all question:

I have just finished the following mission (which is really fucking hard btw compared to everything before it):

The 2nd battle at Grondor

And half of my team have just started their Advanced Classes and the other are just finish their Intermediate Classes. I have been trying to balance everything out in terms of not being too over levelled for the main missions and I want to master each class before moving on.

However, at this pace do I run a big risk of running out of game before I even get to the Master level classes?

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all question:

I have just finished the following mission (which is really fucking hard btw compared to everything before it):

The 2nd battle at Grondor

And half of my team have just started their Advanced Classes and the other are just finish their Intermediate Classes. I have been trying to balance everything out in terms of not being too over levelled for the main missions and I want to master each class before moving on.

However, at this pace do I run a big risk of running out of game before I even get to the Master level classes?

Not really a spoiler. Master classes aren't really that better than Advanced classes, growth rates are generally worse than Advanced classes. Except for Wyvern Lord + Falcon Knight for whatever reason, they're easily the best classes in the game. Ignoring the fliers, the only thing Master classes give is a mount or double warp/siege tome in the case of Gremory. Its less about skills and leveling up and more immediate boost to unit movement.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Not really a spoiler. Master classes aren't really that better than Advanced classes, growth rates are generally worse than Advanced classes. Except for Wyvern Lord + Falcon Knight for whatever reason, they're easily the best classes in the game. Ignoring the fliers, the only thing Master classes give is a mount or double warp/siege tome in the case of Gremory. Its less about skills and leveling up and more immediate boost to unit movement.
This is isn't really accurate. Master classes are generally quite a bit better than advanced classes. The only real exception to this is Paladin and dedicated healers, otherwise there is master class that is better than what you are using. Growths are only really worse for Bow Knight and Mortal Savant and you don't spend enough levels for growth rates in master classes to matter much. The movement upgrades and canto are significant even for the non-flying classes.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is isn't really accurate. Master classes are generally better than advanced classes. The only real exception to this is Paladin and dedicated healers, otherwise there is master class that is better than what you are using. Growths are only really worse for Bow Knight and Mortal Savant and you don't spend enough levels for growth rates in master classes to matter much. The movement upgrades and canto are significant even for the non-flying classes.
Thanks for these but it doesn't really answer my question, realistically is there much track left for me to commit to mastering advanced classes before going on to Master or will the game end before I achieve this? Bearing in mind I don't want to be horribly over levelled for the main mission.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Thanks for these but it doesn't really answer my question, realistically is there much track left for me to commit to mastering advanced classes before going on to Master or will the game end before I achieve this? Bearing in mind I don't want to be horribly over levelled for the main mission.
You probably won't get many units in master classes based on what you wrote. The skill requirements are pretty high and you often need to be training units in skills that they aren't using to prepare for the transition fairly early.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You probably won't get many units in master classes based on what you wrote. The skill requirements are pretty high and you often need to be training units in skills that they aren't using to prepare for the transition fairly early.
Well, I have somebody that just finished their mage class (intermediate) and I've made them take the Mortal Savant test which they passed, I will also have somebody soon that could be a bow knight. I've actually been preparing majorly ahead of time for a unit's end goal, so actually a lot of my units could take the Master classes and pass them. So the skill requirements are not an issue, what is an issue is how long spending the time to master their advanced classes will take and whether I should bother or not.

I'm happy to spend the time to master the advanced classes for everyone, but I'll be super pissed if I invest all that time and the game ends before I can use the Master level classes.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
God damn it! I got bamboozled by Underground Chamber map. I opened the boss door before getting the chest in the upper area of the map and it just kind of ended right there. Why would they do that? Fuuuuck

Can I get another March Ring later?

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just got to the BL timeskip, and damn Dimitri wasted no time becoming a full-on Yoko Taro character, huh?

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Even though Ingrid was my worst unit starting out, she really became an absolute beast right after getting the Falcon Knight certification. The growths got better and she was just soloing mobs herself. Dedue OTOH became one of my worst units post skip.

She's the classic Pegasus unit. Mediocre in the beginning because low strength, but still good enough to field because of canto. Snowballs into a great unit as you get access to stronger weapons and her ridiculous speed growths still allow her to double (or even 4x with a brave wep) with heavier and stronger weapons. Also helps that Falcon Knight has growths to strength which allow her to build strength more reliably. She's a great candidate for an energy drop early on to make sure she never falls off.

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, nah. Master Classes for the most part are way better than advanced classes. Growths are significantly less important by that stage in the game compared to utility. Having a warlock that can keep up with the rest of your team and canto away is a godsend compared to having some slightly better growth rates, which again isn't that important that late into the game. Generally there's an upgrade path for almost all advanced classes besides a few.

(bolded is preferred with maybe some exceptions)

Hero -> War Master or Wyvern Lord
Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight
Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord
Paladin -> Bow Knight or Dark Knight
Fortress Knight -> Great Knight or War Master
Sniper -> Bow Knight
Warlock/Dark Bishop -> Gremory or Dark Knight
Grappler/Warrior -> War Master

Sword Master, Assassin and maybe Bishop are the only ones without a direct Master Class.

Mortal Savant and Holy Knights are a waste of space, there's no reason a Sword Master should ever change to it with how much speed you lose. Just use a levin sword for 2 range or use an armor slayer for high def units. Holy Knight is just pointless because Physic exists and you don't get 2x uses of it as a holy knight, so there's no reason your healers need to have canto.

You can make a Bishop a gremory, since they keep the 2x White Magic uses, but also Bishops don't really gain that much from changing. Gremory is only preferred for people who have access to great black/white magic spells. Dorothea is a solid example where she has both physic and meteor, otherwise you may as well stay bishop or go dark knight.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just beat Golden Deer. That was it? Really? I expected some incredible multi batte epic like Fates. That was really underwhelming. Kind of kills my enthusiasm to play the other routes, but at the same time there's still plenty of unanswered questions.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Just beat Golden Deer. That was it? Really? I expected some incredible multi batte epic like Fates. That was really underwhelming. Kind of kills my enthusiasm to play the other routes, but at the same time there's still plenty of unanswered questions.
Yeah, I loved the game, but the final battle was kind of a let down (BL route). I was expecting the ol jrpg trope of second and third level boss transformations or some big surprise battle with the real baddie...but, nope, end credits lol.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, nah. Master Classes for the most part are way better than advanced classes.
Master classes are pretty good for the most part, but the effort to get there isn't always worth it.

The mounted mages in particular require some advanced planning to obtain.

There's also the balance of "wasting" training on "useless" skills when you could just focus on your primary skills.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Master classes are pretty good for the most part, but the effort to get there isn't always worth it.

There's also the balance of "wasting" training on "useless" skills when you could just focus on your primary skills.
Maybe it was because I invested renown into those statues for the skill bonuses, but I felt the game was pretty forgiving in terms of getting to master classes. Most of my main characters were already eligible shortly after the skip.

I also did make efficient use out of lectures though, almost always having the lagging skill for master class requirements as a goal (like riding).

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it was because I invested renown into those statues for the skill bonuses, but I felt the game was pretty forgiving in terms of getting to master classes. Most of my main characters were already eligible shortly after the skip.

I also did make efficient use out of lectures though, almost always having the lagging skill for master class requirements as a goal (like riding).
That's what I meant. When you plan ahead, it's doable (obviously), but if you didn't plan ahead, you may as well perfect your Advanced class instead of chasing the necessary skills to get to master classes.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Yeah, nah. Master Classes for the most part are way better than advanced classes. Growths are significantly less important by that stage in the game compared to utility. Having a warlock that can keep up with the rest of your team and canto away is a godsend compared to having some slightly better growth rates, which again isn't that important that late into the game. Generally there's an upgrade path for almost all advanced classes besides a few.

(bolded is preferred with maybe some exceptions)

Hero -> War Master or Wyvern Lord
Pegasus Knight -> Falcon Knight
Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord
Paladin -> Bow Knight or Dark Knight
Fortress Knight -> Great Knight or War Master
Sniper -> Bow Knight
Warlock/Dark Bishop -> Gremory or Dark Knight
Grappler/Warrior -> War Master

Sword Master, Assassin and maybe Bishop are the only ones without a direct Master Class.

Mortal Savant and Holy Knights are a waste of space, there's no reason a Sword Master should ever change to it with how much speed you lose. Just use a levin sword for 2 range or use an armor slayer for high def units. Holy Knight is just pointless because Physic exists and you don't get 2x uses of it as a holy knight, so there's no reason your healers need to have canto.

You can make a Bishop a gremory, since they keep the 2x White Magic uses, but also Bishops don't really gain that much from changing. Gremory is only preferred for people who have access to great black/white magic spells. Dorothea is a solid example where she has both physic and meteor, otherwise you may as well stay bishop or go dark knight.
Assassins should go bow knight. Swordmaster is a pretty awful class, mortal savant is not great but it's still better than swordmaster.

The problem with Holy Knight is that white tomefaire is so niche that any one that would use the class is better off just going Dark Knight.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Assassins should go bow knight. Swordmaster is a pretty awful class, mortal savant is not great but it's still better than swordmaster.

The problem with Holy Knight is that white tomefaire is so niche that any one that would use the class is better off just going dark knight.
mortal savant is definitely not better than swordmaster for most characters. Their magic will be too low to utilize magic well, and they will lose out on speed and strength that would have been more useful

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
mortal savant is definitely not better than swordmaster for most characters. Their magic will be too low to utilize magic well, and they will lose out on speed and strength that would have been more useful
5 move swordmasters are going to need to be babied with stride to keep up late game. A few points of speed are worth the movement and utility.

But both classes are subpar. One is just slightly better than the other. There's no reason to be making a swordmaster to begin with.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question: now that I'm past the skip, I see the options for Advanced Drills. What's the point? By this point in the game,

Byleth has the Enlightened One class. I'm not sure because I haven't exactly done the math or anything, but it seems like there's no real point in reclassing her to anything else. Also, you can't really recruit anyone at this point, as far as I can tell, so that reason for raising stats (especially stats outside your usual weapon usage) is out the window.

So if you're not trying to raise stats for that, what ARE you trying to raise stats for? Like, I guess you get better stats and abilities, but cross-training in different disciplines you're not focusing on for whatever class you've chosen feels totally pointless. It doesn't look like Advanced Drills raise stats for the person teaching you, which makes sense. So why would I bother using time for Advanced Drills? Am I missing something obvious? I assume I'm missing something obvious.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Dumb question: now that I'm past the skip, I see the options for Advanced Drills. What's the point? By this point in the game,

Byleth has the Enlightened One class. I'm not sure because I haven't exactly done the math or anything, but it seems like there's no real point in reclassing her to anything else. Also, you can't really recruit anyone at this point, as far as I can tell, so that reason for raising stats (especially stats outside your usual weapon usage) is out the window.

So if you're not trying to raise stats for that, what ARE you trying to raise stats for? Like, I guess you get better stats and abilities, but cross-training in different disciplines especially feels totally pointless if I don't really plan to make Byleth a mounted unit, for example. It doesn't look like Advanced Drills raise stats for the person teaching you, which makes sense. So why would I bother using time for Advanced Drills? Am I missing something obvious? I assume I'm missing something obvious.
It's not just for cross-training. You could drill in swords, reason, and faith skills that will apply to that class.

And you are also going to have way more time to spend than there are things to do with that time. Raising some of Byleth's skills is not a bad use of it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Byleth's skills naturally lag behind other units because he can't be instructed. This is why the option to raise them in explore day exists. And you will have plenty of extra time to spend to do it anyway.

Okay, so it sounds like I'm not missing anything crucial. I can totally see how I'd eventually have nothing else I'd want to do in the monastery, so that part at least makes sense!

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Some go into DK pretty naturally like Lorenz and Sylvain without much planning. Others have a harder time though. Getting A+ on riding is really good though just for the +1 movement, so there is some merit to leveling it up besides unlocking a mounted unit for a master class.

The problem with Holy Knight is that white tomefaire is so niche that any one that would use the class is better off just going Dark Knight.

Yeah I can agree with this for the most part, though i disagree on mortal savant being better. Swordmaster has worse movement, but at least it has the utility in being a great combat unit. Mortal Savant's not good at anything.

Assassin would be def be better off with bow knight or falcon knight, but I think assassin is just a fun class so i just leave whoever my assassin is in that class.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Assassin is a great class. It has very good combat stats plus can open locks. Unless you're going Bow Emblem it's fine to keep assassins as is.

The way I see it, one of the issues with class balancing is the removal of the triangle. But with the game easy as it is, it's not like it's a huge issue anyway. Every weapon has its strengths but bows and magic clearly seem to be the winners of 3H. There's like no downside to the increased range 🤷‍♀️

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017
Losing the wep triangle has nothing to do with the class balancing lol, idk why people keep thinking this. Just look at a fair amount of the older FE games where the games are more imbalanced because of the wep triangle.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Assassin is a great class. It has very good combat stats plus can open locks. Unless you're going Bow Emblem it's fine to keep assassins as is.

The way I see it, one of the issues with class balancing is the removal of the triangle. But with the game easy as it is, it's not like it's a huge issue anyway. Every weapon has its strengths but bows and magic clearly seem to be the winners of 3H. There's like no downside to the increased range 🤷‍♀️

The only issue with range is accuracy, but archers get a skill that basically offsets that issue

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, but were you using the claws or axes? I never had an issue missing hits with claws (in fact, they're close to 100% hit rate most of the time). And his low speed was mitigated by the fact that you get double attacks from claws. Actually, you get the second attack immediately after the first, so the enemy is often already dead before they can even counter.

(This is also on hard difficulty for reference)

Yup I had Steel and Brave claws on him. With Brave, he'd miss at least half the time. He was even worse with Axes.

I think it was just a result of poor match ups. He just wasn't able to reliably take on high speed units like assassins and savants. He was always weak against mages but it was worse in late game since those opponents had a bigger range and he was never able to dodge those magic ballistas.

She's the classic Pegasus unit. Mediocre in the beginning because low strength, but still good enough to field because of canto. Snowballs into a great unit as you get access to stronger weapons and her ridiculous speed growths still allow her to double (or even 4x with a brave wep) with heavier and stronger weapons. Also helps that Falcon Knight has growths to strength which allow her to build strength more reliably. She's a great candidate for an energy drop early on to make sure she never falls off.

Ingrid was the only pegasus unit I ran in the entire game. I've never been a fan of them for those reasons above but I wanted to be patient with her since this was her route after all. Boy it sure paid off lol

Joe Zieja (voice of Claude) has been promoting the hell out of this game, even playing the game on Twitch, and he seems like a very cool guy

This was awesome. Love how much he's embraced the community.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Losing the wep triangle has nothing to do with the class balancing lol, idk why people keep thinking this. Just look at a fair amount of the older FE games where the games are more imbalanced because of the wep triangle.
Class balancing would be different with both the triangle and weapons limitations on classes is all I'm saying.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How far has everyone gotten? I'm like 130+ hours in and only completed BE-E and gotten to the timeskip of BL. I'm getting this weird tension where I want to take my time and enjoy all the routes, but also get through them so I can join more of the spoiler discussion before everyone moves on and it quiets down. And each month takes so long because there's so much downtime, but also I need to run around and hear all of the students incidental dialogue because it all adds so much and just aklsdfhjs

In the Black Eagle path, is it possible to spare Flayn and Seteth in the monastery defense mission? And in the mission in the Alliance capitol is it possible to not fight/kill Hilda? For as many hours I've already sunk into the game, I'm still contemplating doing a BE-E "golden" run once the harder difficulties hit where I recruit everyone I can and avoid all unnecessary casualties. And also to end my time with 3H with Edelgard alive, since going through the other routes after first doing BE-E is real rough.

Magnemania

Jan 25, 2018
This is isn't really accurate. Master classes are generally quite a bit better than advanced classes. The only real exception to this is Paladin and dedicated healers, otherwise there is master class that is better than what you are using. Growths are only really worse for Bow Knight and Mortal Savant and you don't spend enough levels for growth rates in master classes to matter much. The movement upgrades and canto are significant even for the non-flying classes.

Warlock is a better class for characters with Meteor/Bolting than Dark Knight, since it doubles the number of uses while still increasing the power of each hit.

Holy Knight is just pointless because Physic exists and you don't get 2x uses of it as a holy knight, so there's no reason your healers need to have canto.

Holy Knight is useful for characters with offensive white magic (Marianne), and healers that lack Physic (Flayn).

5 move swordmasters are going to need to be babied with stride to keep up late game. A few points of speed are worth the movement and utility.

A Swordmaster doesn't only sacrifice speed to become a Mortal Savant; they have to sacrifice a fairly massive amount of instruction to get their Reason high enough to promote into the class, which could've easily gone towards Authority or other units' skills. Magic Swordmasters are already great with Levin Swords (and they get a Sword Crit+10 bonus over the Mortal Savant in that regard) and can focus their skill growths on pure Swords to get double Sword Crit+10 and double Swordfaire. Mortal Savant is only particularly worth it for Swordmasters that have useful black magic spell lists and also want to off-heal.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Warlock is a better class for characters with Meteor/Bolting than Dark Knight, since it doubles the number of uses while still increasing the power of each hit.
Dorothea is the only user of those spells that is a good spellcaster. Hanneman's speed is laughable, no one uses Hilda as a mage, and Manuela is a late recruit that starts at E in reason with a negative in reason growth. She's not getting bolting until late game unless on NG+. Manuela would go Gremory for the extra warp and silence anyway.

Holy Knight is useful for characters with offensive white magic (Marianne), and healers that lack Physic (Flayn).
Flayn is built for gremory as you want the extra fortify and rescue. Aura isn't that great and it's a poor reason to choose a class, Marianne is better off as a dark knight for the extra mag.

A Swordmaster doesn't only sacrifice speed to become a Mortal Savant; they have to sacrifice a fairly massive amount of instruction to get their Reason high enough to promote into the class, which could've easily gone towards Authority or other units' skills. Magic Swordmasters are already great with Levin Swords (and they get a Sword Crit+10 bonus over the Mortal Savant in that regard) and can focus their skill growths on pure Swords to get double Sword Crit+10 and double Swordfaire. Mortal Savant is only particularly worth it for Swordmasters that have useful black magic spell lists and also want to off-heal.
The opportunity cost is a good response. But the things you mention are better off done in assassin anyway, swordmaster is just not worth staying in. The extra movement is still more valuable than a 2nd swordfaire that you don't even need to kill.

Last edited:

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Marianne as a Dark Knight? Isn't that class locked to males?

Btw Petra and Claude's A support conversation is so freaking cute, I wish there was a way to marry them

flare

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How far has everyone gotten? I'm like 130+ hours in and only completed BE-E and gotten to the timeskip of BL. I'm getting this weird tension where I want to take my time and enjoy all the routes, but also get through them so I can join more of the spoiler discussion before everyone moves on and it quiets down. And each month takes so long because there's so much downtime, but also I need to run around and hear all of the students incidental dialogue because it all adds so much and just aklsdfhjs

In the Black Eagle path, is it possible to spare Flayn and Seteth in the monastery defense mission? And in the mission in the Alliance capitol is it possible to not fight/kill Hilda? For as many hours I've already sunk into the game, I'm still contemplating doing a BE-E "golden" run once the harder difficulties hit where I recruit everyone I can and avoid all unnecessary casualties. And also to end my time with 3H with Edelgard alive, since going through the other routes after first doing BE-E is real rough.
Yes and yes to both.
For the first one specifically, you have to attack Seteth with Byleth first. For the second, I just avoided her (using warp, mounts, etc.)

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
I just beat the Black Eagles Route last night. Should I do a NG+ and go through the first half of the game again to make the other choice or should I reload my save from that point? It seems like reloading would take less time, but I'd have to redo all the support stuff.

Last edited:

HBK

Oct 30, 2017

For the two green haired weirdos, you need to defeat them with Byleth. I think it's not necessary to defeat both with Byleth (only the first defeated) and it's also possible you only need to engage one of them with Byleth (to get a special dialog before defeating them, which triggers their survival) but to be sure, defeat them with Byleth.

Hilda can't be "spared" BUT is not a requirement to complete the mission, meaning it should be possible to avoid aggroing her, thus not fighting her.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
I just beat the Black Eagles Route last night. Should I do a NG+ and go through the first half of the game again to make the other choice or should I reload my save from that point? It seems like reloading would take less time, but I'd have to redo all the support stuff.
That depends on how much you care about building renown for future runs. Reloading your save will be much quicker if you just want to see more content.