• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any kind of rough benchmarks for stats to levels? I know stats are RNG but some kind of rule of thumb e.g. your main stat should be equal to your level would be handy to try and figure out if a character is falling behind (e.g. my caster Lorentz only has 17 Mag at 20, a good 4 or 5 below my other casters so I'm wondering should I cut losses or persevere into Warlock and hope for more Mag increases.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for only having Ingrid as a flyer by the end of my BE: E maddening run?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I basically went all in on making Edelgard a tank by the end of the game she didn't take damage from non-elite physical units for most of the game lol and mages weren't much of a problem for her either because her res was high enough to not get one rounded by any of them and they rarely showed up in big enough groups to threaten to kill her.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Just spent half an hour going purely through supports. Three big battles (Chapter 2 of BE-E and then the Petra/Bernie and Leonie/Linhardt paralogues in a row) will do that.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Took a week break and came back to continue Maddening with Ingrid's paralogue. After a grueling 30 turn map due to infinite spawns and lava patches, we got it down to the last unit. It's not even a boss unit, just a regular unit. I move into position to aggro him and end my turn. 2 waves of reinforcements (8 units?) spawn ON TOP OF ME and wipe all of my mages. Should've expected that after the infinite respawn reinforcements and 3 other packs spawned throughout the map.

Say it with me folks. Same turn reinforcements are bullshit difficulty.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Took a week break and came back to continue Maddening with Ingrid's paralogue. After a grueling 30 turn map due to infinite spawns and lava patches, we got it down to the last unit. It's not even a boss unit, just a regular unit. I move into position to aggro him and end my turn. 2 waves of reinforcements (8 units?) spawn ON TOP OF ME and wipe all of my mages. Should've expected that after the infinite respawn reinforcements and 3 other packs spawned throughout the map.

I mean it is but git gud

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Hubert's paralogue was surprisingly easy after the vigorous challenge of Linhardt/Leonie and the ferocity of Bernie/Petra. Edelgard's could have been tough if the enemies swarmed more aggressively but was just cautious. Nader was much more of a threat when he was allowed to move.

On to Crimson Flower Chapter 3.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that one's rough. Honestly I cleared out the top half of the map and reinforcements, looked at my one divine pulse left and how much time I'd invested in this map, said "fuck it", and opened the wiki to check the remaining reinforcement spawn points then had Ingrid thread the needle so she didn't trigger any on her way to the exit. Granted I made that one infinitely worse on myself by somehow forgetting to field any healer except Sylvain before he even had Physic, lol.

Anyway, just got to chapter 10 BL Maddening NG+. Part of me wants to just go hog wild and recruit every possible unit - it would be entirely doable with the renown I have stacked - but I dunno, there's something to be said for seeing the other characters against you in part 2, even if they're minor roles at best. Besides, I've already got more units than I can feasibly train.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't liked many of the unique Blue Lions variants of maps so far (especially the toothless slog of Cornelia's map and the 3rd use of the generic Kingdom city map for Annette's paralogue), but their version of Fort Merceus was way more fun than the Golden Deer's. Actually took some thinking to work around all the artillery, unlike Claude's version which lets you take out all the ranged threats pretty much immediately. Marianne's niche as the only decent mage with Silence is becoming more and more relevant as the game starts leaning into Meteor/Bolting spam.

Yeah, Ingrid's paralogue is probably the most bogus Maddening map pre-timeskip, since it's almost entirely about guessing where the hidden trigger points for reinforcements are. Post-timeskip, Mercedes and Caspar's paralogue is nonsense for the same reason, and Leonie and Linhardt's is awful cuz it has invisible reinforcements that snipe you out of the fog.

It feels like all the same turn reinforcements are meant to counterbalance Maddening's difficulty curve falling off a cliff once you've built up your team the way you like, but they're mostly just annoying rather than actually challenging.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
It feels like all the same turn reinforcements are meant to counterbalance Maddening's difficulty curve falling off a cliff once you've built up your team the way you like, but they're mostly just annoying rather than actually challenging.
Emphasis on the bolded part. I know balancing is hard, and the limit between challenge and tediousness is a thin one, but that's really not a very interesting way to do it, especially now that you basically "just" have to spend a Divine Pulse to work around it.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can still recruit other students at chapter 12? I'm missing Caspar and Fer, but I'm not bothering with the latter. At least every Blue Lion student (I can recruit) is with me.

May 5, 2018
So I'm almost done with the Verdant Wind route, but I just want to say FE 3 Houses has become my first Switch game where I dumped over 100 hours into. It wasn't a game that I was expecting to put so much time into the side stuff, but I have ranging from spending time talking to everyone while exploring to figuring out which students to give a meal to and then use their motivation to teach to doing side and paralogue missions. The core combat gameplay itself felt pretty easy early on but the difficulty curve was appropriately steady and now plenty of more maps have different enemies and routes that have made for a great challenge. I'm down to the final chapter and honestly, I'll be hard pressed to find another game from 2019 that'll take Fire Emblem's place as my personal GOTY. Fantastic game all around!
We can do it Claude! We're so close to ending Xenophobia in Fodlan!

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Hi I have a quick gameplay question about Edgelgard's (Crimson Flower) route. Anyone who has played the route can answer:
In the first battle after the timeskip, is it like the other routes where you are forced to use the original students from your house, and can't use any recruits? The reason I ask is that I'm planning a maddening run, and I wasn't planning on making Bernadetta or Dorothea part of my main team, but if they're required for that fight then I guess I need to train them at least until then.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Hi I have a quick gameplay question about Edgelgard's (Crimson Flower) route. Anyone who has played the route can answer:
In the first battle after the timeskip, is it like the other routes where you are forced to use the original students from your house, and can't use any recruits? The reason I ask is that I'm planning a maddening run, and I wasn't planning on making Bernadetta or Dorothea part of my main team, but if they're required for that fight then I guess I need to train them at least until then.
Crimson Flower is the only route without this battle.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the Golden Deer route. Those last two maps were a spicy combo, especially the soundtracks.

Only Silver Snow left, I initially assumed there was a lot of overlap with Golden Deer for that route, but judging by the cutscenes that I haven't unlocked yet, I assume this will be a bigger departure, at least in the details.

I'm going to wait for the next DLC drop before checking it out.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I got back into my third playthrough (Golden Deer) after playing Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and Ai: The Somnium files. I'm much more aggressively recruiting as I heard there's a paralogue I definitely want to see that I need Caspar and Mercedes for. I got both of them, Mercedes was most difficult because I needed more Bow skill. I also got Sylvain (you seem to easily be able to get him without trying, because I got him without trying in my first run too), Bernadetta, and all the non-house characters available pre-timeskip (Catherine, Shamir, Alois, Hanneman, Manuela, Cyril).

Holy tomb chapter:
I'm surprised Edelgard stays masks during the battle. I assumed she wouldn't before, as my first two runs were Black Eagles.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I got back into my third playthrough (Golden Deer) after playing Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, and Ai: The Somnium files. I'm much more aggressively recruiting as I heard there's a paralogue I definitely want to see that I need Caspar and Mercedes for. I got both of them, Mercedes was most difficult because I needed more Bow skill. I also got Sylvain (you seem to easily be able to get him without trying, because I got him without trying in my first run too), Bernadetta, and all the non-house characters available pre-timeskip (Catherine, Shamir, Alois, Hanneman, Manuela, Cyril).

Holy tomb chapter:
I'm surprised Edelgard stays masks during the battle. I assumed she wouldn't before, as my first two runs were Black Eagles.
if you're playing female byleth sylvain will join you automatically

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Was forced to take a long break. Nearing 500+ hours into this game. Still in Verdant Wind. Am I the only one here who actually wants to recruit Nader the Undefeated? Death Knight ain't got shit on him.

Annoyed I can't recruit Nader.

Same turn reinforcements actually got me to use divine pulse. It seems I found my default difficulty from now on in maddening. Not even mad. I'm only annoyed when some cat crits with a <20% hit rate and <5% crit.

Turning ignatz into a wyvern lord may seem silly... But what about Raphael as a wyvern lord? Have him switching between war master and wyvern lord depending on the map.

Why does Felix always lag behind Catherine for me? Even in Silver Snow he lags behind her even though she joins late. Rng always seems to screw with me when it comes to Felix.

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to chapter 14 GD, still on my 2nd run. There is so much more story to this than BE. BE-E was good but GD has far more protagonist backstory.

and Claude is too charming.

I'm going to try to finish GD run before LM3, idk if that's possible, and maybe save BL for spring 2020.

This is probably been said before but i would kill for an Advance Wars version of Three Houses. I love the mechanic of choosing 3 different allegiances, differing stories, etc.

Advance Wars would be perfect for this. Like how in FE they talk about Duscur, Brigid, etc, maybe have AW like that where it's 2 or 3 countries that are allies until you have to choose sides, but instead have you live in that country once you choose so you get the perspective of that country's people.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tried the Caspar and Mercedes paralogue, the Face Beneath, and got a Game Over. No matter what I did, reinforcements arrived and I ended up losing somebody. My Caspar is a Wyvern Lord, but is otherwise untrained (and has no Authority, so there's no battalion on him, which really hurts). I'm going to have to rethink this whole map. I initially went west for the treasure chest and to take out the demonic beast, then went north and criss-crossed in the middle section. Apparently this was too slow, because some of the enemies decided not to wait for me, and just started walking towards Caspar and Mercedes. I kept aggroing them back to me, but then other enemy troops would start walking towards them. I had Byleth fly up, and that triggered the reinforcements. I rewound time to try and avoid triggering the reinforcements, but then had no way to stop those other troops from walking towards Caspar and Mercedes, who aren't equipped to deal with them. I could take out the Death Knight, but then realized that was not the win condition, so I was just screwed.

Next time I'm going to go east and ignore that initial demonic beast, and just go up and aggro all of those people in the middle section. It might be more of a slugfest, but at least that way they won't go towards Caspar and Mercedes. Caspar can just fly out, but I have no way of getting Mercedes off that cliff, as I have nobody who has Rescue.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the Caspar and Mercedes paralogue, the Face Beneath, and got a Game Over. No matter what I did, reinforcements arrived and I ended up losing somebody. My Caspar is a Wyvern Lord, but is otherwise untrained (and has no Authority, so there's no battalion on him, which really hurts). I'm going to have to rethink this whole map. I initially went west for the treasure chest and to take out the demonic beast, then went north and criss-crossed in the middle section. Apparently this was too slow, because some of the enemies decided not to wait for me, and just started walking towards Caspar and Mercedes. I kept aggroing them back to me, but then other enemy troops would start walking towards them. I had Byleth fly up, and that triggered the reinforcements. I rewound time to try and avoid triggering the reinforcements, but then had no way to stop those other troops from walking towards Caspar and Mercedes, who aren't equipped to deal with them. I could take out the Death Knight, but then realized that was not the win condition, so I was just screwed.

Next time I'm going to go east and ignore that initial demonic beast, and just go up and aggro all of those people in the middle section. It might be more of a slugfest, but at least that way they won't go towards Caspar and Mercedes. Caspar can just fly out, but I have no way of getting Mercedes off that cliff, as I have nobody who has Rescue.
Why bother on the treasure chest? You low on Umbral steel or something? I always ignore it. I always went left and ignored the right side of the map till after I wipe the beasts and the reinforcements. They ain't going anywhere. Reinforcements are definitely a concern if you undertrained Caspar/Mercedes and you don't have warp. Personally I kill the wolf before the reinforcements arrive so those two get breathing room for the eventual reinforcements.

Meanwhile **** Bernie/Petra paralogue man. I care not for same turn reinforcements but the fliers are a real nuisance. Finished it without trouble but I had to use byleth to finish off them fliers. Was hoping I could feed them to my other units.

This ain't too many fliers on my team is it?
PQsqd2Q.jpg

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why bother on the treasure chest? You low on Umbral steel or something? I always ignore it. I always went left and ignored the right side of the map till after I wipe the beasts and the reinforcements. They ain't going anywhere. Reinforcements are definitely a concern if you undertrained Caspar/Mercedes and you don't have warp. Personally I kill the wolf before the reinforcements arrive so those two get breathing room for the eventual reinforcements.
Yeah, no Warp or Rescue.

Getting all of the chests is a mental holdover from my lifetime of playing Zelda games.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no Warp or Rescue.

Getting all of the chests is a mental holdover from my lifetime of playing Zelda games.
Do you have any battalion with stride? That would be the first thing that comes into mind. Who is your strongest unit. Can that unit tank? because whoever you're striding will need to be able to take a few hits and live

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any battalion with stride? That would be the first thing that comes into mind. Who is your strongest unit. Can that unit tank? because whoever you're striding will need to be able to take a few hits and live
Mercedes is my Stride user, lol, but I can switch it to Marianne. Now that I know about the reinforcements, it probably won't be as tricky. Just need to do it differently.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Ok, so I finished my first playthrough with the Blue Lions. And now I'm currently doing New Game+ with the Black Eagles to get the other side of the story, so to speak. Now after reading a Switch News Feed article of FE:3H tips, I find out that there's a choice I have to make in Chapter 11 that can change the events of the story? I tried to research this online, and correct me if I'm wrong...

I have to make a choice to either follow the church, or follow Edelgard? And that this is triggered by getting a high support level with Edelgard and talking with her in Ch11?

So which choice should I play through first?

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Ok, so I finished my first playthrough with the Blue Lions. And now I'm currently doing New Game+ with the Black Eagles to get the other side of the story, so to speak. Now after reading a Switch News Feed article of FE:3H tips, I find out that there's a choice I have to make in Chapter 11 that can change the events of the story? I tried to research this online, and correct me if I'm wrong...

I have to make a choice to either follow the church, or follow Edelgard? And that this is triggered by getting a high support level with Edelgard and talking with her in Ch11?

I haven't played through all routes yet but a friend of mine who has recommended that I play Edelgard's last since all other routes will provide insight and general lore so as to fully grasp what happens in her route. I'm in the exact same boat: I started off with Dimitri and then moved on to the Rhea route. I'll do Claude next ;) and then finally finish off the game with Edie's route.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017

The Church route is apparently quite similar to the Blue Lions route and basically identical to the Golden Deer route, so I'd go for Edelgard's route first if you're trying to get a different side of the story. Her path has the most unique content in terms of maps and monastery dialogue, and starts from a fairly different political landscape than do the other 3 routes.

Also it's just the best route overall.
Though if you're planning to play all the routes eventually, definitely keep a save before the choice so you don't have to slog through the first half of the game yet again before checking out the other option.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018
WooHoo! After spending 100+ hours solely on the Golden Deer route, I beat the game! That final mission was a legitimately great finale for that campaign having this challenge of
Picking apart the 10 elites and the more you take out the more in favor the battle gets. Such as taking out one elite who can summon monsters and one that makes the swamp poisonous. Also Nemesis was murdering my army big time after I broke his shield. But then I burned my final divine pulse to restart and I got him out by making Leonie and Bernie targets (the game was on casual) to get him out of the healing center and then I got my relic holding units to pile on him and win.

Then I married Marianne, who proposed to me and I thought that was heartwarming! Marianne's development of overcoming her own depression was sweet and seeing her become very happy by finding the one she loves and is making the wedding proposal was great. Though I have a bone to pick about some of the paired epilgoues. I got most of the pairing I wanted, but 2 didn't go to plan. I wanted Claude/Hilda and Lorenz/Leonie, but instead I got Claude/Lorenz and both Hilda and Leonie were free spirits (and Leonie's Free ending is sad). I made sure Leonie/Lorenz and Claude/Hilda were doing group tasks together as well as eating together and fighting in pairs. I do have a theory as to why that happened. I sent Leonie out as a sacrificial lamb to get Nemesis our of his healing spot and she retreated. Lorenz did nothing on the next turn and stayed in battle. Nemesis then took out Bernie and then I sent Raphael to damage him but Raph also fell and retreated. My thinking is that perhaps with Leonie retreating, that severely damaged Lorenz' relationship with Leonie and the next closest character to Lorenz was Claude. That somehow overpowered Claude's relationship with Hilda and that's how both got together. Both Raph and Bernie fell and they ended up marrying each other. Can anyone confirm that characters falling in battle on casual actually effects which characters get or don't get paired epilogues?

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
WooHoo! After spending 100+ hours solely on the Golden Deer route, I beat the game! That final mission was a legitimately great finale for that campaign having this challenge of
Picking apart the 10 elites and the more you take out the more in favor the battle gets. Such as taking out one elite who can summon monsters and one that makes the swamp poisonous. Also Nemesis was murdering my army big time after I broke his shield. But then I burned my final divine pulse to restart and I got him out by making Leonie and Bernie targets (the game was on casual) to get him out of the healing center and then I got my relic holding units to pile on him and win.

Then I married Marianne, who proposed to me and I thought that was heartwarming! Marianne's development of overcoming her own depression was sweet and seeing her become very happy by finding the one she loves and is making the wedding proposal was great. Though I have a bone to pick about some of the paired epilgoues. I got most of the pairing I wanted, but 2 didn't go to plan. I wanted Claude/Hilda and Lorenz/Leonie, but instead I got Claude/Lorenz and both Hilda and Leonie were free spirits (and Leonie's Free ending is sad). I made sure Leonie/Lorenz and Claude/Hilda were doing group tasks together as well as eating together and fighting in pairs. I do have a theory as to why that happened. I sent Leonie out as a sacrificial lamb to get Nemesis our of his healing spot and she retreated. Lorenz did nothing on the next turn and stayed in battle. Nemesis then took out Bernie and then I sent Raphael to damage him but Raph also fell and retreated. My thinking is that perhaps with Leonie retreating, that severely damaged Lorenz' relationship with Leonie and the next closest character to Lorenz was Claude. That somehow overpowered Claude's relationship with Hilda and that's how both got together. Both Raph and Bernie fell and they ended up marrying each other. Can anyone confirm that characters falling in battle on casual actually effects which characters get or don't get paired epilogues?

Nice. First Fire Emblem?

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 18, Golden Dear, and I've been running on fumes with the game. I feel like they should've added some new gameplay wrinkle post-time skip to keep the game fresh. I love the game, I've just spent a ton of time with it, and although it's always been compulsively playable, a chunk of that has felt like busy work.

I think I'm near the end of this route so I'll stick it through, but I'm just wiki-ing the plots to the other two houses.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Fuuuck. Pre-endgame spoilers for BE-E
Transformed Dedue was an absolute monster. All of the monsters on that map were rough but he was a beast. The only time in Normal difficulty where you get what's effectively same-turn-move reinforcements and he used it to promptly turn Dorothea into a smear on the battlefield. Getting his shield down was a tricky proposition and the composition of the map hindered my ability to surround him (though also hindered his ability to move).

And just when I was disappointed that that chapter wasn't hard. That was the equal of any bullshit I ran into late-game in Azure Moon.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017

As far as I can tell, pairing are based on support levels only (highest supports paired first by order of support strength/score), and I'd be surprised if characters falling in battle in Casual mode had any influence on that. Especially with the series insistence on Classic mode being the "Normal" mode. I don't see them adding such subtlety to an "inferior" mode.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I remember in Fire Emblem Fates characters dying on the final battle in Casual meant the game skipped their endings, as though they were permanently dead. I wouldn't actually be surprised if something similar happens in this one.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017

Choose edelgard's route Crimson Flower. My personal recommendation for playing three houses is as follows: VW/AM* > CF > the route you didn't pick on your first run* > SS. I made the mistake of doing this : SS > CF > VW > AM.

Firm opinion Silver Snow should be saved for last. And that's coming from someone who actually loves Silver Snow. Be prepared however with regards to CF that...
CF has the weakest plot/story of the 4 routes. And when I say that, I say that in the sense that you will be left with asking more questions than being given answers as Azure Moon and Crimson Flower are fairly contained to their respective Lords plot wise. The only way you can get those answers is through Verdant Wind/Silver Snow. With VW focusing on the truth behind everything and SS focusing on Byleth since it's Byleth's route.

Coming off an Azure Moon run eh? I dunno how you feel about El.
Come to your own conclusion about her only after you finish AM, CF, and one of VW or SS. Just one route ain't enough to make a judgment call.

How did you feel about your AM run? Did you enjoy Dimitri's story? I enjoyed
Punished Dimitri a great deal. His hair is much better for it. He was a riot for me. Though I feel there was a swing and a miss with regards to Mercedes and her brother. How did you feel about the last cutscene?

--------------------------------

Meanwhile I finally passed 500.
I don't recall playing fire emblem this fervently since... Tellius.

After this run I'll finally take a break until the next dlc wave.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm the only one who is going to skip (hehehehe) the second part of the game and rest for a while? I completed the first battle chapter post-time skip and it soured me a bit to discover I still have to do the same in the school. I don't dislike it, but right now I'm more interested to play other games or otherwise I will never clear my backlog.

And it's not like I'm holding the game in the same way I left Fates: Birthright or Awakening like two or three chapters near the ending...

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Black Eagles Edelgard finale through with. That whole route was much easier than Dimitri's, which posed some unique challenge or frustration in every Part 2 chapter, and the finale was a massive slog (though due to overuse of mages, mercifully at a manageable number in the BE-E finale).

The toughest parts were Nader at the attack on Derdrieu, his reinforcements were very tricky to manage. Judith had me fooled once at the great bridge and forced a full reset. Transformed Dedue was an absolute beast. More trouble than the final boss herself, I'd say, mostly because he could move. The final map was surprisingly easy to navigate and I left three golems untouched, though they got some hits in from the side of the map and the gimmick of the boss charging them up every few turns did make that daunting. The do-or-die moment really came in with the falconknight reinforcements who were tough and clever.

Final Pairings:
Ferdinand - Dorothea
Petra - Caspar
Edelgard - Bernadetta
Byleth - Manuela

Bernie was popular. I could have chosen to S-rank her, and she also could have gone with Caspar or Linhardt. Manuela was also not doomed to be alone as she might have gone with Ferdinand otherwise.

Murderer's Row:
Edelgard: Hilda, Flayn, Dedue, Rhea
Byleth: Ignatz, Sylvain, Annette
Mercedes: Seteth
Ingrid: Felix
Hubert: Dimitri
Ferdinand: Ashe
Dorothea: Gilbert
Bernadetta: Catherine
Caspar: Cyril

Last edited:

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone saying CF is hard needs to be shot. It's the 2nd easiest route only behind Azure Moon.

Just played Blood of the Eagle and Lion.
Why do Edelgard and Dimitri still suck, even on maddening? I had low expectations and even then I was still let down.

Also bad QC is bad. Wrong portrait for Dimitri. People who QC this game need to be out of a job.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Anyone saying CF is hard needs to be shot. It's the 2nd easiest route only behind Azure Moon.

Just played Blood of the Eagle and Lion.
Why do Edelgard and Dimitri still suck, even on maddening? I had low expectations and even then I was still let down.

Also bad QC is bad. Wrong portrait for Dimitri. People who QC this game need to be out of a job.

CF was easier than Azure Moon for me, Azure Moon's later chapters have an abundance of defensive precautions for the enemy that were absent in Crimson Flower.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
Man Felix's paralogue on Maddening can be gnarly when you're trying to get the Aegis Shield, I wasn't paying attention at first and Rodrigue got killed turn 1. Fortunately you can charge the boss (I had Ferdinand charge and Swift Strike him, probably could have used Warp) but this map made me sweat a bit, especially with villagers running straight into enemies and you can't lose one.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I fucked up Felix's paralogue and didn't get the shield. I'm on a Silver Snow run and just got Manuela and Hannerman, so I through them in the line up to give them a spin. But then I realized Manuela doesn't have psychic. And her movement speed is so slow she couldn't keep up with the front line, let alone keep the NPCs healthy. So one of the villagers died and I didn't realize I had to save them all to get the shield.

Maybe I'll try making Manuela a peg knight or something, because she's a lousy healer and caster. I do want to get a bit more creative with my builds since I'm not doing Maddening and I've already used the BE units in their more intended roles during CF. Right now I have Edelgard as a Warlock and that's a lot of fun. She's surprisingly good at it, though ultimately probably not better than Hubert whom she replaced. Though she still managed to get the highest strength of anyone on the team! Damn El, chill! Ferdinand just mastered Brigand and still isn't as strong as Warlock Edelgard. Poor guy is always going to be the Luigi to her Mario.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I fucked up Felix's paralogue and didn't get the shield. I'm on a Silver Snow run and just got Manuela and Hannerman, so I through them in the line up to give them a spin. But then I realized Manuela doesn't have psychic. And her movement speed is so slow she couldn't keep up with the front line, let alone keep the NPCs healthy. So one of the villagers died and I didn't realize I had to save them all to get the shield.

Maybe I'll try making Manuela a peg knight or something, because she's a lousy healer and caster. I do want to get a bit more creative with my builds since I'm not doing Maddening and I've already used the BE units in their more intended roles during CF. Right now I have Edelgard as a Warlock and that's a lot of fun. She's surprisingly good at it, though ultimately probably not better than Hubert whom she replaced. Though she still managed to get the highest strength of anyone on the team! Damn El, chill! Ferdinand just mastered Brigand and still isn't as strong as Warlock Edelgard. Poor guy is always going to be the Luigi to her Mario.
Edelgard does have the best overall stats of any unit lol

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Part of me also wants to take her down the sword line in a playthrough just to make weeb Edelgard. Lord (Utena cosplay) -> Swordmaster -> Mortal Savant. Probably one of the few characters who can actually make good use of Mortal Savant, though honestly IS, just give us the War Cleric class as DLC.