• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
When is the next wave of DLC scheduled to come out?

Still to come
Wave 3
Releasing by
December 31, 2019

Additional quests and costumes, plus a free update, will be released by Dec. 31.

Wave 4
Releasing by
April 30, 2020

New story content, with additional playable characters, locations, and more—plus a free update—will be released by April 30, 2020.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
In terms of the route split, it's interesting that despite being the shortest Crimson Flower is the best route in terms of giving all the Lords proper screen time and acknowledgement

(some general spoilers for all routes)

- Edelgard doesn't need to be explained
- Claude actually schemes, you get good insight to his character, and he's presented fairly.
- Dimitri doesn't die like a chump, is in a far better place mentally than any other route, and you get good insight into his ideals - particularly in the big battle
- Rhea might go crazy but it's totally justified and she bafflingly has the best role here than in any of the "5 years in a dungeon" routes iirc (haven't done Church myself). How is this the only one where she isn't MIA for such a huge chunk lol

I'd honestly argue that if it hadn't been for a certain missing story beat at the end this route it would be the objective best in terms of overall story, even with the missing lore. Given the scenario of the route it's honestly the only route that really needs to touch on every aspect of the conflict post-timeskip and it shows.
Agreed. In addition to that, it's also the one route where

Byleth is given agency and a character arc. The default choice of the route is to proceed into Silver Snow. By choosing to side with Edelgard and opting-in to Crimson Flowers, Byleth is pointedly rejecting the course laid out for them by Rhea. Just as TWSITD aim to shape Edelgard into Nemesis 2.0 to serve as their weapon, Rhea tried to mold Byleth into Sothis 2.0 for her own needs. But in the end, both Edelgard and Byleth reject these roles that have been forced upon them and reclaim their humanity, both figuratively and literally. It rules.

It still stinks that we don't get to take part in stomping out TWSITD, even though I trust the epilogue when it says they get their comeuppance in the end. Still, I want the catharsis of El being able to ice Thales with her own axe. Keeping Rhea the final boss of CF is the right call, but still would it have been too much to take a detour to Shambhala after Arianrhod? We already apparently travel between the monastery and the frontlines each month, so I can suspend some disbelief to travel at the speed of plot, lol. Oh well, Thales will just have to serve as the antagonist of all post-CF fanfiction.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I hope wave 4 fixes the problem with the lack of male/male romantic supports.

The fact that you can't pair Dimitri and Dedue is criminal.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Chapter 21 of Azure Moon!

I did everything the same as last time, except after Dimitri had Battalion combo'd all of those mages to dust, I just had Ingrid and Byleth fly right at Hubert and end him the next turn. Woo! One more chapter and then I'll take a break to play other things before eventually going to Black Eagles.

1 gift from Vic_Viper

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Vic_Viper Vic_Viper!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Vic_Viper said:
Got the Expansion Pass from that Walmart listing error. Didnt get the game, but did get my money back. So heres the code up for grabs, since I dont have the game to go with it.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (Unitied States) Nintendo Switch (Unitied States): Fire Emblem Three Houses Expansion Pass - Won by Princess Bubblegum Princess Bubblegum (24 entries)

v1.1.0 patch note
OP
OP
kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
wave 3 dlc is up

Patch Note:
New and Updated Features
  • Increased the number of save files from 5 to 25. Note: Increased number of save files will require approximately 12MB of additional system memory space. If you don't have enough space, you can delete some application data or images saved in the album.
  • Added a new option, In Battle, in Appearance Options, allowing the player to select the monastery outfits for battle as well.
Note: You can set this from the Unit Appearance menu in Personal Quarters.​
Note: Depending on the outfit/character/class combination, some outfits may not be reflected for mounted units.​

• Added feature that allows players to hide the UI when viewing a character in Unit Appearance.
  • Added new allies that will join in Part 2: Crimson Flower.
  • Changed the song that plays in the opening movie to the Korean version when the system language is set to Korean.
  • Added additional quests and new outfits (Servants Attire, Summer Wear, and Evening Wear) from the Expansion Pass.
Note: Additional quests include new activities, such as the sauna, feeding cats and dogs, and recruiting new battalions.​
Note: Additional quests are marked with a light-blue icon during Exploration.​
Note: New outfits (Servants Attire, Summer Wear, and Evening Wear) are provided for the protagonist and for the playable characters. They can be selected via Personal Quarters in the monastery.​

• Added an additional element of the Expansion Pass, making Anna available for recruiting in the monastery after the third chapter, Mutiny in the Mist.
Note: Anna can participate in battles and activities.​
Note: Anna does not have Support relationships.​
Note: Recruiting Anna unlocks a new paralogue after a certain chapter.​
Note: It's possible to set Anna as a traveler, but the recipient cannot recruit her as an Adjutant unless they also own the Expansion Pass.​
Note: If a player has not purchased the Expansion Pass, only one of the new characters in the Expansion Pass can visit as a traveler.​

• Added Gifts for Dogs and Cats to the viewable rankings during the loading screen and the calendar screen while playing online.
General
  • Fixed a bug that accidentally turned students who aren't from the protagonist's house into allies in Chapter 1: Three Houses.
  • Fixed a Ver.1.0.2 bug that caused an unintended sound to play at the beginning of Chapter 1: Three Houses ("The Academy "in the Movie Gallery) when the language is set to English.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Dimitri's face to sometimes display incorrectly.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented a support conversation event from happening when certain inputs were made after increasing Support levels while exploring the monastery.
  • Fixed a bug that did not display the upward arrow during the Choir Festival day (though the bonus was still being added, despite the missing arrows).
  • Fixed a bug that displayed an incorrect stage name screen sometimes during the screen transitions.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to freeze when talking to a character in the monastery on rare occasions.
  • Fixed a bug that incorrectly displayed the character HP when selecting Convoy during battle.
  • Fixed a bug that set the Adjutant Follow-Up activation rate lower than intended for certain Support levels.
  • Changed the item the sniper holds from Spear to Silver Bow in the final episode of Part 2: Crimson Flower on Maddening difficulty.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes showed blank epilogues.
  • Revised some text.
  • Improved gameplay by addressing a few additional bugs.

Last edited:

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Just recruited Anna in part 2 Azure Moon - she continues to scale levels in part 2 but joins as Thief. Her personal is Luck +5, comes with the Crest of Ernest (sometimes stops counterattacks.)

Really weird she doesn't have supports.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
That's kind of disappointing he only supports Byleth and Mercedes, I was at least hoping for supports with Manuela and Edelgard. Also I can't check him out because I accidently saved over my holy tomb save.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
That was out of nowhere. Considering whether I should do a Crimson Flower run, or wait for the final wave.

Also, 25 save slots! I wish they would have done that earlier, but better later than never.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Jeritza's stats if he joins at the last chapter of CF (spoilers for that thing about Jeritza):

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Was already planning on doing my Maddening Crimson Flower run next. This just means I can do it whenever I want and don't have to wait for it.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit says these are the new S-support images for Jeritza:

mqFFDJJ.jpg

Did they actually make his S-rank as "OK, let's actually address TWSITD in this route" lmao

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Death Knight's class mastery is counterattack.

I wonder if Anna can become a Dancer. Probably not because non-students are locked out. Not that you'd really want a Dancer that can't support anyone.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
can only Jeritza be a death knight? It can use reason magic so It would probably be pretty good for Edelgard

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'd someone S ranks Jeritza with male Byleth, please let me know if the support is romantic or not. Thanks.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I'm a little over halfway through my second run (Church) and was pleasantly surprised to see this drop kind of out of nowhere. Though, conflicted with Death Stranding coming out...

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finished Azure Moon on Maddening new game plus. Now to take a break before Black Eagles until the Jeritza DLC comes out.

DAMMIT.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Crimson Flower will be my next run after my current maddening azure moon playthrough. Apparently forgot to post but I recently beat maddening with Claude and the Golden deer. Maddening is now my default difficulty, this game is too easy.

Really gonna hate it though. CF is on my permanent shit list so hears hoping Patrick Seitz can make the route a little bit more bearable. Yes I am a fan of Patrick Seitz, he is an excellent voice actor. I better hear a lot more lines from Jeritza with this update.

Reddit says these are the new S-support images for Jeritza:

mqFFDJJ.jpg

Did they actually make his S-rank as "OK, let's actually address TWSITD in this route" lmao
Was about to strongly criticize the endings in general but here it seems more variables come into play with the latest update. Guess I'll save my rant for another time.

Seems losing the power the goddess did have it's consequences. Byleth ain't wielding the sword of the creator anymore. Would be an awful shame if Nemesis were to arise in CF. Good thing he doesn't but that in itself is a problem and that problem is shared with all that ain't VW.

Edit: revised text again? GOD DAMN IT what was revised this time?

Last edited:

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
hey can we get whoever did Jeritza's S-support image to go back and do the rest? it just fucking blows all the other ones out of the water holy shit.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still plugging away at Azure Moon Maddening NG+, so we'll see if I can get myself to take a break after finishing that. I know I ought to just wait for wave 4 of the DLC to do Crimson Flower, but I'll probably wind up starting CF with this DLC and making a backup save to do SS with the wave 4 DLC.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This Jeritza news kinda sucks because I was gonna make Church route my next route...

...But I'm also happy because CF is my favorite route soooo

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
All of the new blue quests give 700 renown each, even the tutorial ones. They're giving it out like candy now.

Anna also counts as an instructor pre-timeskip (can instruct Byleth and lead seminars) making it pretty unlikely she can be a dancer.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Anna = prowess in sword, axe, bow and... Faith? I'd believe it.

Not even remotely surprised. I know of absolutely no one in Fire Emblem who has greater faith in money than Anna.

A major crest of Ernest (no surprise if paying attention to her clothes) however gives more questions than answers... Hopefully it will be revealed within time.

Deleted member 51646

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Edit: revised text again? GOD DAMN IT what was revised this time?
There was text that explains why the new playable character wasn't playable. It would make sense to remove that now.

It still stinks that we don't get to take part in stomping out TWSITD, even though I trust the epilogue when it says they get their comeuppance in the end. Still, I want the catharsis of El being able to ice Thales with her own axe. Keeping Rhea the final boss of CF is the right call, but still would it have been too much to take a detour to Shambhala after Arianrhod? We already apparently travel between the monastery and the frontlines each month, so I can suspend some disbelief to travel at the speed of plot, lol. Oh well, Thales will just have to serve as the antagonist of all post-CF fanfiction.

The game's explanation of why Rhea needs to be beaten before TWSITD makes sense on its own but it is hurt by the fact that TWSITD don't really help you in the final battle against Rhea. Adding that would be great and could solve both problems. What I'd personally like to see is for Thales and co to show up to help you in the final battle, and then for Hubert to abruptly kill them all in the ending cutscene while everyone else is distracted by Byleth's fake death.

Some kind of huge invasion of Shambala like in VW wouldn't make sense given the justification for working together, and while a playable Red Wedding-style massacre would be neat in its own way, it would be very weird gameplay- and flow-wise for something like that to come after the climactic final battle.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Need one of her in emperor attire.

Also why are all but one (I guess two technically) of the bisexual characters from Adrestia lol

May 5, 2018
Not sure if this was posted yet, but Erica Mendez (the voice of Bernadetta) absolutely loves seeing her character in a maid outfit. Its pretty freaking cute.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If I bought figures I'd grab that Edelgard one.

If they made of her post-timeskip design, I'd buy a figure.

Just sayin'.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't got the update yet, but can anyone confirm the status of Butler Raphael's shirt buttons?

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I bought figures I'd grab that Edelgard one.

If they made of her post-timeskip design, I'd buy a figure.

Just sayin'.

Yes, her time-skip design is among the best character designs to come out of Nintendo in recent memory, and I would absolutely love a figurine of her with that look. It's powerful and intimidating as much as it is elegant and works so well for the varying roles she serves in the game, and without a single hint of gross sexualization. We need more female character designs like that in gaming.