• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Maybe the reason Anna has no supports is because they weren't done yet?
This DLC was released 2 months ahead of schedule right? Maybe they decided it wasn't worth holding EVERYTHING back just for her supports and decided to patch in her supports later, because it's really weird she can't even support Byleth.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Just finished Anna's paralogue on maddening a little before the time skip and I was literally on the edge of my seat because of the constant barrage of bow knights of all units being the reinforcements.

SS+ tier suspense & enjoyment.

TP17

Nov 1, 2017
Finally finished my first route, opted to go for the Golden Deers. Great game and experience. Hilda, Lysithia & Claude were my favourite GD school characters but I generally liked all of them to a degree.

Think I'll be going to go for the Blue Lions next on a harder difficulty.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
Is it possible to save everyone in Dedue's paralogue? These Duscur soldiers look like they'll always go to die in their first turn

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
seems like someone on reddit datamined the upcoming dlc classes
Rad!
Cool we needed some more hybrid classes, especially when the only ones currently in the game are only master class, which requires some wild swings from the pure physical/magical advanced classes. Peg knights still need to cram a new skill if they want to keep flying horses, now it's cramming reason instead of axes. Manuela and Marianne should be able to make good use of Trickster. And finally we have a class that lets women punch the shit out of things! Pretty good, all considered.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Rad!
Cool we needed some more hybrid classes, especially when the only ones currently in the game are only master class, which requires some wild swings from the pure physical/magical advanced classes. Peg knights still need to cram a new skill if they want to keep flying horses, now it's cramming reason instead of axes. Manuela and Marianne should be able to make good use of Trickster. And finally we have a class that lets women punch the shit out of things! Pretty good, all considered.
honestly i think making Edelgard a dark flier would still be extremely viable as well considering her natural strength is so astronomical that she doesn't really need wyvern lord to just wreck shit easily

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
honestly i think making Edelgard a dark flier would still be extremely viable as well considering her natural strength is so astronomical that she doesn't really need wyvern lord to just wreck shit easily
I actually think Valkyrie is probably a better fit. Not a flier, but has Swords (which she's decent with), Canto, and + range for black and dark magic, which is crazy valuable since iirc she's otherwise a 1-2 range caster. Ability growths are overall good for her too - -5% speed isn't great, but not backbreaking, and +10% res means that she'll patch up her one tanking weak spot.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Valkyrie is probably a better fit. Not a flier, but has Swords (which she's decent with), Canto, and + range for black and dark magic, which is crazy valuable since iirc she's otherwise a 1-2 range caster. Ability growths are overall good for her too - -5% speed isn't great, but not backbreaking, and +10% res means that she'll patch up her one tanking weak spot.
true, and her defense is so high that enemies that would usually double her anyway such as assassins and even falcon knights shouldn't be too much of a big problem for her either, then again i level her mostly as an armor class and make sure i can squeeze out def and res points in auxiliary battles when i can

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dark Flier and Valkyrie are all well and good viable builds.

But consider this: War Monk Edelgard punching Rhea to death.

Possibly while also wearing Lissa's big dumb hoop skirt from Awakening.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Flier and Valkyrie are all well and good viable builds.

But consider this: War Monk Edelgard punching Rhea to death.

Possibly while also wearing Lissa's big dumb hoop skirt from Awakening.
lol yeah, and the sauna makes leveling weaknesses easier too so it might even work

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'm fucking pissed right now.

Black Eagles route
I was playing the whole thing intended to be on Edelgard's side. What the FUCK do you mean I messed up because I neglected to talk to her ONCE in the last prologue chapter.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

I had no fucking intention of playing the Church route!

Someone please tell me I have misunderstood the information online just now. Tell me and I'll apogize for the outburst because fucking hell this is pissing me off.

I've been playing this for 40 goddamn hours.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Black Eagles route
I was playing the whole thing intended to be on Edelgard's side. What the FUCK do you mean I messed up because I neglected to talk to her ONCE in the last prologue chapter.

Someone please tell me I have misunderstood the information online just now. Tell me and I'll apogize for the outburst because fucking hell this is pissing me off.

Nope, sorry. It's a requirement.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

Black Eagles route

It happened the same to me... It was so hard to accept, but then I moved on and did both the routes.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that particular thing was really poorly done. I get that speaking to your house leader in the monastery every month is something the game probably expects you to do, but to have a story-changing event like that locked out just because you didn't talk to a specific character at a specific time isn't the way to go. If I recall, there's really no hints or whatnot in the story leading up to it suggesting, "hey, you should probably see what Edelgard is up to?", right?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
So the classes for DLC Wave 4 were datamined and they seem to say one thing pretty clearly to me
Playable Rhea incoming.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, the unintended route has sold me on itself, so I'll see it through and then tackle what I wanted to tackle in NG+.

Still, that was some bullshit, I tell ya.

I'll be able yo get there quick on NG+, right?

Uhh, depends on what you mean by quick. You can skip cutscenes and all the teaching stuff but you still have to do the story stuff. But as for skipping right to that choice...nah.

If it's any help to you, the route you're not on isn't as long so it should be pretty fast to get through.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Uhh, depends on what you mean by quick. You can skip cutscenes and all the teaching stuff but you still have to do the story stuff. But as for skipping right to that choice...nah.

If it's any help to you, the route you're not on isn't as long so it should be pretty fast to get through.
I meant some carry-over progress.

My understanding is that I can import stuff like professor level into the new game.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I did the semifinal chapter of the Church route.

Chapter keeps the pressure on, the persistent Titanus reinforcements on the south side were mean, especially since they were all sword-weak and both of my sword units were brought in from the Northeast, and I wasn't aware of how much making Linhardt a holy knight would stunt his healing power. The viskam that you can't deactivate make for the kind of background pressure that the Azure Moon finale had, but only at the end of the chapter when you want to pile everyone in, but thankfully my Byleth was OP compared to Thales and kicked his teeth in.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Blood of the Eagle and Lion on Blue Lions Classic Maddening, whew.

Had to restart once because of Claude pulling out his reinforcements on his turn - Hilda more than one-shotted any of my units. Learned to keep everyone well away from starting. Claude himself was a mess too, and it doesn't help that even when he misses with Fallen Star he gets 100% avoid. Ultimately I had Sylvain with Thrysus and Ashe whittle him down a bit and then Dimitri finished him off with Atrocity.

...And then a random Alliance warlock critted Dimitri. Rewind, redo, get Flayn in position with rescue.

The Empire was nothing by comparison. Petra was the only real trouble and eventually she went down to the same warlock that got Dimitri once. As for Edelgard I had Sylvain use a Blessing gambit on Byleth and Ingrid and had the two of them swoop in, take a hit from Aymr on the chin, and knock out Edelgard on the starting tile.

Had to kill Leonie and Bernadetta but I managed to keep ahead of Raphael and Ignatz, so they live to see another day.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What do people recommend for a Dancer for Black Eagles both paths on Maddening New Game? I was thinking Caspar, but now I'm considering benching Caspar and picking up Marianne. I know Dorothea is a common choice but I'm worried about lacking strong magic users on the church side. I'll have Lysithea, Flayn and Lolenz, but obviously I'll lose Hubert. And I'll lose Flayn on the church side. Any recs? I'm only on chapter 3, so it's not too late for anything.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What do people recommend for a Dancer for Black Eagles both paths on Maddening New Game? I was thinking Caspar, but now I'm considering benching Caspar and picking up Marianne. I know Dorothea is a common choice but I'm worried about lacking strong magic users on the church side. I'll have Lysithea, Flayn and Lolenz, but obviously I'll lose Hubert. And I'll lose Flayn on the church side. Any recs? I'm only on chapter 3, so it's not too late for anything.
Honestly do you need more than Lysithea?

skLaFarebear

Oct 25, 2017

Dorothea's a fine choice. Lysithea and Lorenz will definitely carry the bulk of your magic as well as lindhardt, and you'll have hubert in CF. You don't need more magic users than that, especially since Dorothea can dance for any of your magic users who need to attack again.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Leonie's post-timeskip design is the GOAT. I low-key hated her for having such a forgettable design and terrible hair but damn, they made it up to me with the new design.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Black Eagles route

Just make it a habit to talk to every single person every month. You can check when exploring the monastery by hitting the R button and seeing if they have a speech bubble next to them.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dorothea's a fine choice. Lysithea and Lorenz will definitely carry the bulk of your magic as well as lindhardt, and you'll have hubert in CF. You don't need more magic users than that, especially since Dorothea can dance for any of your magic users who need to attack again.
Honestly do you need more than Lysithea?
Good points. Dorotheas riding bane makes me kind of hesitant too. Now I'm considering Bernie lol. Planning on getting Leonie anyways.

Bovine

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really happy I didn't make Dorothea my dancer for my current SS Maddening run, as she's been insanely blessed and has more Magic than my Lysithea somehow (I looked it up, she has gained a magic level up every level for 30 levels so far). I'm using Marianne for my dancer, who's a pretty solid dancer who is sword proficient as well, and can Physic or Thoron in a pinch.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy I didn't make Dorothea my dancer for my current SS Maddening run, as she's been insanely blessed and has more Magic than my Lysithea somehow (I looked it up, she has gained a magic level up every level for 30 levels so far). I'm using Marianne for my dancer, who's a pretty solid dancer who is sword proficient as well, and can Physic or Thoron in a pinch.
I forgot to select a dancer in my first run (Silver Snow), and then on my second run (Crimson Flower) I picked Flayn and realized almost immediately after that I was a dingus and picking her on that route was a bad idea. I am doing Verdant Wind right now and picked her and it's working out well. For Azure Moon I will probably pick Flayn again for dancer too.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dorothea was my dancer in my first CF play through and that worked perfectly well, since Psychic, Thoron and Meteor meant she could act as a solid backup mage for Hubert and Linhardt from pretty much any positioning. I gave her the march ring and boots so she was zooming all over the place, wherever I needed her.

In Azure Moon I made Petra my offensive dancer, used Sword Avoid and Alert Stance to make her a dodge tank who would crit on counterattack.

And on my current run (aborted Silver Snow, now CF 2: Electric Boogaloo) I made Bernadetta my dancer. In part because I'm using Byleth and Shamir as my archers, but mostly because it's cute as hell.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Anna's paralogue on maddening a little before the time skip and I was literally on the edge of my seat because of the constant barrage of bow knights of all units being the reinforcements.

SS+ tier suspense & enjoyment.
What house are you on? I just played this map with Blue Lions on maddening as well.

F*** this map man. I'm so happy my Byleth is already well on to her path as next Archbishop as I sent her all alone to suckerpunch pallardo on turn one using stride and reposition. Those f***ing bow knights and grapplers. Forced me to use all my divine pulses.

My new favorite paralogue map but God damn the amount of same turn reinforcements.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
What house are you on? I just played this map with Blue Lions on maddening as well.

F*** this map man. I'm so happy my Byleth is already well on to her path as next Archbishop as I sent her all alone to suckerpunch pallardo on turn one using stride and reposition. Those f***ing bow knights and grapplers. Forced me to use all my divine pulses.

My new favorite paralogue map but God damn the amount of same turn reinforcements.

Blue lions maddening as well and I never really thought to use stride seeing as it's so new so haven't really gotten used to it but I definitely had a bunch of close calls and also wore out all of my divine pulses lol.

I'm glad we aren't just getting new characters but new paralogue battles along with them. Still wish we got some new maps as well but guess that'll come with Wave 4.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Beat the Church route now. The final battle had one point that forced me to reset, mainly it was the enemies on the right side of the map charging all at once that got me, the Aura Knight and Brave Axe Knight perfectly covered each other and created a no-win situation, so had to do a redo where I was aggressive from turn 1 and attacked in three directions at once. Still quite tricky when you're overstrung like that, but doable.

This version of The Immaculate One was tougher than the other one due to the higher range and the different terrain, although she didn't have that BS "I'll hit you with whatever you're weaker to" move.

In the end used Leonie and Byleth to man the ballista and Fire Orb, and then had Raphael, Caspar, Seteth, and Bernadetta ready to swoop in after the one-two crack from far away, while Petra did chip damage from an awkward corner while I moved everyone else in position. She ended up getting the final kill.

Final pairings:

Raphael-Shamir
Manuela-Ferdinand
Caspar-Petra (same as Edelgard route)
Mercedes-Alois (this is a weird one)
Byleth-Bernadetta

It feels wrong pairing Flayn up with anyone but I also want to see a future where she doesn't just wander off into history.

Murderer's row (though you kill four people in the Church route and there was probably a way to win over one of them)
Ferdinand -> Ashe (which makes him Ashe's killer in both of my Black Eagles timelines)
Byleth -> Lorenz, Edelgard
Raphael -> Hubert

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of disappointing that VW has been all the same maps as SS. The Gronder Field map that was only in VW was really cool, but the rest have all been the same. I do like seeing all of this with a different cast, but the story beats are still the same for the most part. I just hit chapter 21 and if I remember correctly, I have this one (the futuristic City), and then the last one is the fight against Rhea. I felt like the last map in SS was kind of half-assed story wise because they wanted to make Rhea the final boss anyway, despite the fact you are siding with her and literally are the church in SS. In CF it makes perfect sense for her to be the final boss though. I hope Blue Lions is different in this regard, but I'm not expecting it. I am glad we actually got to see Dimitri in VW and not just the ghost/hallucination you see in Silver Snow.

One thing I had hoped for out of Verdant Wind is to learn more about Those Who Slither In The Dark, but it looks like it's mostly he same into as in SS. Although learning about stuff like Lysithea's run-in with them was interesting.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
It's kind of disappointing that VW has been all the same maps as SS. The Gronder Field map that was only in VW was really cool, but the rest have all been the same. I do like seeing all of this with a different cast, but the story beats are still the same for the most part. I just hit chapter 21 and if I remember correctly, I have this one (the futuristic City), and then the last one is the fight against Rhea. I felt like the last map in SS was kind of half-assed story wise because they wanted to make Rhea the final boss anyway, despite the fact you are siding with her and literally are the church in SS. In CF it makes perfect sense for her to be the final boss though. I hope Blue Lions is different in this regard, but I'm not expecting it. I am glad we actually got to see Dimitri in VW and not just the ghost/hallucination you see in Silver Snow.

One thing I had hoped for out of Verdant Wind is to learn more about Those Who Slither In The Dark, but it looks like it's mostly he same into as in SS. Although learning about stuff like Lysithea's run-in with them was interesting.
All those routes are copy/pasta. AM is technically the less copy/pasta, but we're only talking a few different missions, and even from a story standpoint it has very similar story beats despite having a route-specific plot thread and a relatively different ending.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting stomped in Chapter 4 of Black Eagles New Game Maddening. I was so close the last time but then hit the turn limit. It didn't help that I somehow triggered the Death Knight way earlier than I wanted to and wasn't ready. 3 Divine Pulses leaves so little room for error, and it doesn't help that nobody besides Byleth and Edelgard can hit with a Gambit.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting stomped in Chapter 4 of Black Eagles New Game Maddening. I was so close the last time but then hit the turn limit. It didn't help that I somehow triggered the Death Knight way earlier than I wanted to and wasn't ready. 3 Divine Pulses leaves so little room for error, and it doesn't help that nobody besides Byleth and Edelgard can hit with a Gambit.
if you have rally charm on dorothea that really helps a ton with hitting gambits on the other characters