• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I'm listening to a podcast with the reviewer from USgamer- noting some new things.
-First difficulty jump is a big monster (not specified but I'm assuming its the Black Beast), pretty hard even on normal and it occurs after a long level.
-No Beast tribes are far as they know
-Next embargo is "a lot closer to the end of the month" which is good because the game is huge
-Roughly 50 hours per playthrough is they had to guess
-Wouldn't be surprised if this is the best switch game of the year

There is another podcast with the IGN reviewer that I'll listen to and see if I can find anything new
That's some high praise.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
The only FE game I've ever played for a reasonable amount of time was the GBA one with Lyn. I finished Lyn's "tutorial" quest, found the battles very fun but the whole package wasn't interesting enough to keep me hooked. After that, I played three or four battles in Awakening and it ALMOST hooked me. Almost.

I like the battles in this kind of game (I'm a huge Shining Force fan), but I tend to get tired if it's one battle after the other with little to do in between. However, it looks like there's plenty to do between battles in this one and I really like the characters and the school setting, so I pre-ordered it. We'll see how that goes.
blazing blade picks up pretty much immediately after lyns story

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
(why do people not like that Kirby game again?)

The base game was even easier than other recent Kirby games due to the AIs and the wide simple stages designed around them. It got tons of great free post-launch support though, including what's basically an actual challenging endgame.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So being as Three Houses will be my first Fire Emblem game, I think after work I'm gonna go pick up FE Fates Birthright just to get a feel for how the games play. I know there are some pretty big differences between the two games combat, but I think it might help me get the feel. I don't want to play Three Houses on easy because I'm totally lost.

Also I can trade in my copy of the incredibly horrible Kirby Star Allies and basically get Fates for free.
I recommend awakening. It's nice starting point and relatively easy.

If you really enjoy the gameplay, Conquest takes the gameplay to a whole new level. But if you care for story, it isn't the game to get.

Echoes is also another good start. Better story then awakening (not that it's saying much) but it's the first game to be fully Voiced and it's amazingly done

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm listening to a podcast with the reviewer from USgamer- noting some new things.
-First difficulty jump is a big monster (not specified but I'm assuming its the Black Beast), pretty hard even on normal and it occurs after a long level.
-No Beast tribes are far as they know
-Next embargo is "a lot closer to the end of the month" which is good because the game is huge
-Roughly 50 hours per playthrough is they had to guess
-Wouldn't be surprised if this is the best switch game of the year

There is another podcast with the IGN reviewer that I'll listen to and see if I can find anything new

43min: Japanese previews supposedly say that in terms of map design complexity: Golden Deer -> Blue Lions -> Black Eagles.
45min: Hard mode has no grinding.

Kind of important points.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
F!Byleth is a little bit wonky looking, but she's not freakish or anything, just a smidge unconventional. Very round face.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
I have never understood the rancor people have for the way she looks.
i only take issue with her art on the cover art and in that cutscene where she gets up from the table to walk out the door. in both instances she looks freakishly alien.
aside from that she looks decent enough in game and in other cutscenes we've seen

Whirlpool

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can get not liking the outfit but that can be changed.

There is no fixing Male Byleth's atrocious hair.

Male Byleth's hair is atrociously average. lol He's very bland looking.

My main problem between the two is female Byleth's bug eyes. That isn't going to be changed. I wish they'd stop trying to make the female equivalent look cutesy. It kind of backfired here.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Male Byleth looks to much like a girl to me, with his slender face and effeminate features. I actually like the way the female version looks better. Not so much in the previously posted comparison shot, but in motion they both look fine and I prefer the female version.

I still hate the floppy sleeves both of them have in exploration mode - I hope that's an outfit that can be changed!

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How will they limit grinding? No optional/repeating missions?

Interesting about map complexity.
I was wondering that. Maybe those optional battles on weekends (not month end) are only available on normal. But then paralogues showed up in those slots right?

Also, no mention of lunatic at this point means probably not in the game or at least not unlocked at start.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On Normal Mode, you can choose to do Auxiliary Missions that don't have any Activity Point cost. On Hard, all maps cost Activity Points, so you can only do a finite amount.

Are these Aux missions unlimited? I'm typically very particular about wanting to max out as many supports as possible, and that usually means grinding.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
On Normal Mode, you can choose to do Auxiliary Missions that don't have any Activity Point cost. On Hard, all maps cost Activity Points, so you can only do a finite amount.
To clarify: on hard mode, I can either do a mission OR explore and do a seminar, etc? On Normal, I can do a battle whenever I want and ALSO explore, do a seminar?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
It's the same hair as Asahi from Final Fantasy XIV. It's unforgivable.

FFXIV%20Feb19%201_t.jpg

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
BE having the simplest maps might explain why people are underwhelmed with the map designs

About Fbyleth her face just looks wrong to me

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Are these Aux missions unlimited? I'm typically very particular about wanting to max out as many supports as possible, and that usually means grinding.
On Normal, they effectively are, since you can do them endlessly before moving on.

Both versions look fine to me, really. I prefer having these locked appearances over the custom avatars, anyway.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Male Byleth's design is pretty great, honestly. I think the coat's a little dumb, but the design is fine. It's almost a shame he's a mute protagonist.

Something's just off on Miss Byleth. The outfit is one thing, but her face is just kinda weird. I think it says a lot that M Byleth was the pre-order reward for Heroes.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Honestly everyone is complaining about the silent protag thing, but from what we've seen there have been a good amount of funny choices in dialogue, so as long as the choice options remain good, it won't be too bad. The main character of Devil Survivor 2 has yet to be surpassed in terms of funny dialogue options though

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Male Byleth's design is pretty great, honestly. I think the coat's a little dumb, but the design is fine. It's almost a shame he's a mute protagonist.

Something's just off on Miss Byleth. The outfit is one thing, but her face is just kinda weird. I think it says a lot that M Byleth was the pre-order reward for Heroes.
M Byleth is the preorder reward because youre going to spend all your orbs on F Byleth when shes on a regular banner as the new powercreep sword unit

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find any info on pre-order bonuses - is that only for eshop orders?
I think there's some confusion. I haven't seen anything about a preorder bonus costume.

The expansion pass has four waves of planned content. The first wave, which releases at launch, is just an alternate uniform for Byleth.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I think there's some confusion. I haven't seen anything about a preorder bonus costume.

Okay, thanks - I thought I was going crazy, I couldn't find any mention of a pre-order bonus, outside of a Pin if you pre-order form Gamestop specifically.

Do we know when the first wave of DLC is coming with a new costume? Day one or further out than that...? EDIT: Looks like it's coming day 1 actually. I may have to invest in the season pass after all.

Probably just the fact that Byleth's physical features (hair, face) can't be customized.

This makes sense, thanks!

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, thanks - I thought I was going crazy, I couldn't find any mention of a pre-order bonus, outside of a Pin if you pre-order form Gamestop specifically.

Do we know when the first wave of DLC is coming with a new costume? Day one or further out than that...?

This makes sense, thanks!
The first DLC, which is just the costume, should be available at launch. The other three waves, which feature more substantial content, will be released periodically every two-three months after, with the last (featuring new story content, playable characters, and locations) coming no later than April of next year.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Man that thing about the three Houses potentially having a large gap in map quality is really bumming me out :( my poor Black Eagles...

Status
Not open for further replies.