• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
D_wVKavWkAA-326.jpg:large

Poor Bernie, it has been hinted that she has had a rough life.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
You're in for a ride. IMO, its the GOAT SRPG series :)

My general advice for the modern era of Fire Emblem games (My personal style of playing these games) is to play slow and steady when you have the chance. Only rush your units if the situation asks for it such as when you are asked to complete the battle in a limited number of turns or thieves and bandits are about to steal treasure/villages before you do.

But ultimately...

Listen to this guy.
Thanks for all the advice! One more question, I assume that the expansion will be available for sale individually once the game is released?

Thanks to Austin walker of Waypoint, I just pre-order and loaded the game. Lookign forward to giving out homework.
As soon as Austin talked about opening different skills that are different to unit's main class, it got me think of how dynamic the teams will be.

Shadow Walker

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of giving this game a shot but I've been burned by the most recent fire emblems ever since awakening this series has gone down hill for me hopefully I enjoy this one because it once was one of my favorite series.

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of giving this game a shot but I've been burned by the most recent fire emblems ever since awakening this series has gone down hill for me hopefully I enjoy this one because it once was one of my favorite series.
well everything we know about the game so far makes it sound better than all the recent entries, if you enjoyed Awakening then you will probably enjoy this one

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Has anyone released or written a primer on the systems at work in FE for those who haven't played previous versions of the game?

Kind of like an FE101 to help newer players build their squads and classes efficiently without being too prescriptive.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019

New video showcasing a lot of interesting things, you can see each characters backstory down to the year, Lysithea was involved in something called House Hyrm's revolt that was stopped with Imperial intervention, and Marianne was adopted at around 14 etc. Also we get a glimpse of Bernadetta's post time skip design

m4mytztsa2b31.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Has anyone released or written a primer on the systems at work in FE for those who haven't played previous versions of the game?

Kind of like an FE101 to help newer players build their squads and classes efficiently without being too prescriptive.
I would be very interested in this

This is probably the most complete source of info on the game:

This particular section should provide a decent overview of the gameplay with links to other areas of interest throughout:

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
DLC titles may have leaked for Three Houses, take it with a grain of salt of course

2019/7/26 - Officers Academy outfits 2019/10/31 - Additional Free Battle maps, Support Items: 天帝の雫 (Creator's Drops), アンナの手帳 (Anna's Notebook), plus other stat boosters 2019/12/31 - Additional Quest: 星を食らう銀狼 (The Star-Devouring Silver Wolf), Additional Outfits: Bikini, Adult Sothis costume for Byleth 2020/4/30 - Additional Side Story: 幻影の系譜 (Mirage Genealogy)

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Does that DLC costume pretty much confirm that Sothis will get an aged up body sometime during the game? HOORAY! They remembered Awakening Tiki and that 1000 year old dragons can be mature persons!

Wonder what Mirage means. There's been speculation that the Night dudes are based off on other regular chars, maybe that's what they are, Mirages?

... Oh and there's the Bikini stuff.

E: All only if true, of course.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
DLC titles may have leaked for Three Houses, take it with a grain of salt of course

2019/7/26 - Officers Academy outfits 2019/10/31 - Additional Free Battle maps, Support Items: 天帝の雫 (Creator's Drops), アンナの手帳 (Anna's Notebook), plus other stat boosters 2019/12/31 - Additional Quest: 星を食らう銀狼 (The Star-Devouring Silver Wolf), Additional Outfits: Bikini, Adult Sothis costume for Byleth 2020/4/30 - Additional Side Story: 幻影の系譜 (Mirage Genealogy)
Source for this?

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Bernadetta's hair is worse post time skip - that's for sure.

Then again I could be heartless, because I am seriously considering choosing the Deer but letting Lorenz bite it early on to see what happens as a result in the story (and because he's just annoying as Hell), and recruiting someone to replace him for my permanent GD team

So who am I to judge?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

New video showcasing a lot of interesting things, you can see each characters backstory down to the year, Lysithea was involved in something called House Hyrm's revolt that was stopped with Imperial intervention, and Marianne was adopted at around 14 etc. Also we get a glimpse of Bernadetta's post time skip design

m4mytztsa2b31.jpg

that haircut is shit

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Her post-skip look is OK. I kind of like it more than the weird goopy looking mop she has in the pre-skip. Would be a lot better if her bangs weren't awkwardly parted. But her outfit is pretty nice.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I don't mind that post-skip design for Bernie. The earrings are a nice touch & I am glad to see she's graduated from her hoodie.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still have no clue which house to choose.
Of all characters shown so far, Punished Dimitri is by far my fav but then I don't know if I want him on my side or to battle him. I think it'd be cooler to actually go against him.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So do we know how much changes depending on what house you pick?
We've heard very little officially about the post-skip period, but far as we can tell pre-skip is mostly the same with minor variations on different events depending on your House, with then the post-skip period being quite different depending on House choice.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Her colour scheme is really nice and I actually don't mind the hair, bizarre as it looks. It's as though she's made a poor attempt at cutting it herself lol.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
So do we know how much changes depending on what house you pick?

Nothing too detailed. As far as we can tell, major differences happen after the timeskip. Popular theory is the leaders of the two houses you don't pick go insane while yours stays at least moderately stable, but we have no confirmation of that. Pre-timeskip period is apparently very similar, with minor differences between each house.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Bikini? Not swimsuit? Does it mean only for female characters. Cmon IS you can try mch better your male fanservice

As someone that doesnt like her I find it funny
if female byleth gets a bikini give male byleth a speedo

Status
Not open for further replies.