• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the DLC spoilers in this thread? Did something leak?

Also, Sothis growing fast is not really surprising in my eyes considering which character she seems to be influenced by.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Is anyone else disappointed with the Master Class options for sword wielders? There's really only the Falcon Knight and the Mortal Savant. I like the Falcon Knight, but wish that the Mortal Savant looked cooler.

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
I love Lin so much

zHSqUJf.gif
Ben mentioned it in his preview but that backround is so amateurish

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Yeah the master classes in large have been a bit underwhelming due to all the mounts which I'm not a fan of, though I do like the Mortal Savant, Warmaster and Gremory. I'm just hoping for some really nice unique classes like Dancer which seems like we'll be getting a few.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
With Dismount back there's honestly not a lot of reason to not run mounted everything, barring a few edge cases.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Yeah the master classes in large have been a bit underwhelming due to all the mounts which I'm not a fan of, though I do like the Mortal Savant, Warmaster and Gremory. I'm just hoping for some really nice unique classes like Dancer which seems like we'll be getting a few.
Are there any that they haven't revealed or are those all of them? I guess Lord works for swords as well, which is nice, but it sucks that Falcon Knight is gender-restricted.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Automated
Are there any that they haven't revealed or are those all of them? I guess Lord works for swords as well, which is nice, but it sucks that Falcon Knight is gender-restricted.
I believe in the Reddit AMA yesterday with a reviewer he said there are some other classes not listed that can be unlocked. It's possible that Edelgard/Claude/Dimitri could have a custom class as well.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Automated

I believe in the Reddit AMA yesterday with a reviewer he said there are some other classes not listed that can be unlocked. It's possible that Edelgard/Claude/Dimitri could have a custom class as well.
Cool, well hopefully there's a cool sword and bow one with those, because I'm happy with almost everything else. Does the Lord class only apply to the house leaders?

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind about the master classes - both Falcon Knight and Master Savant work well for me, and if we have big maps it makes sense to go for more mounted units - it would be really annoying otherwise.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
The Polygon previewer who did an AMA yesterday said there seem to be a handful of unique classes like the Dancer. Dunno if he's counting the not-confirmed-but-pretty-likely 3 Lord's post-timeskip class among that.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I don't really mind about the master classes - both Falcon Knight and Master Savant work well for me, and if we have big maps it makes sense to go for more mounted units - it would be really annoying otherwise.
Mortal Savant is awesome as far as stats and weapons go, but I don't like the design. I wish there was a version of the assassin for a master class. That would be awesome!

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The thing is any class can use a bow or a sword, so the only thing a new class would really do is add more skills, otherwise you can just wield a sword as a wyvern lord or something
Yeah, but there still could be restrictions and drawbacks compared to a native Sword/Bow Class. Class Skills for both weapon types aren't going to be there for one and second I don't think we know for sure if there are caps to skill added weapon ranks. So you might have an A Rank in Bows, but playing as a Wyvern Lord you might be capped at B Rank for non-native Weapons meaning you might not be able to wield some higher end Bows in combat.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Do we know if class specific skills are able to be used after you change out of said class ?

Because otherwise it would become a problem for utility in regards to lockpicking, since there is no Master Class with the skill, so you would be forced to gimp one character to stay assassin to open locks/chests.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if class specific skills are able to be used after you change out of said class ?

Because otherwise it would become a problem for utility in regards to lockpicking, since there is no Master Class with the skill, so you would be forced to gimp one character to stay assassin to open locks/chests.

Class abilities seem to be locked to that class, but we don't actually know nearly all of the class abilities, because further ones are unlocked as the unit gains class mastery.

So, more classes could have Lockpick — or Steal, for that matter, since currently Thief is the only known class with that particular bit of utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.