• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're talking about the designs, i didn't think those count as spoilers , they're from an old preview and this is the thread for discussing previews.

Ah, I see. I figured the time-skip itself may not be something everyone is aware of, so all this post-skip stuff, even if its designs, seems out of scope for the thread, especially since post-skip content is otherwise embargoed.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I see. I figured the time-skip itself may not be something everyone is aware of, so all this post-skip stuff, even if its designs, seems out of scope for the thread, especially since post-skip content is otherwise embargoed.
The timeskip itself was advertised front and center in Nintendo's E3 trailer for the game, though the specifics of events post timeskip are embargoed.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018

The images of post-skip designs are primarily from Famitsu articles that have been translated by the community. So it's understandable if people haven't seen them, unless you've been in all the FE threads up to this point. But they are technically images that are publicly available & not from a reviewer breaking embargo or anything.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
NVC mentioned the podcast being an hour late this week so they can talk freely "after the embargo". Do we know if they mean a Fire Emblem review embargo or something else?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
NVC mentioned the podcast being an hour late this week so they can talk freely "after the embargo". Do we know if they mean a Fire Emblem review embargo or something else?
I'm assuming its the Ultimate Alliance embargo, but there have been rumors of something FE related lifting this Friday, but its not looking too likely

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The timeskip itself was advertised front and center in Nintendo's E3 trailer for the game, though the specifics of events post timeskip are embargoed.

The images of post-skip designs are primarily from Famitsu articles that have been translated by the community. So it's understandable if people haven't seen them, unless you've been in all the FE threads up to this point. But they are technically images that are publicly available & not from a reviewer breaking embargo or anything.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
It's an old screenshot, but fot those that have't seen them, these are alll the post time-skip designs we've seen so far
timeskip-sf.jpg
Who's the one on the end?

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how Supports work for recruited characters? I assume it will be like Revelations where "cross-house" characters only have a small handful of Supports, but are they symmetric, i.e. A joining B's house is the same Support as B joining A's house?

That's surprisingly close to the release date. Is that normal for Nintendo or do they have some other motive behind it?

That is fairly normal for Nintendo. I believe both Zelda and Mario had embargoes the day beforehand this cycle. This is a relatively huge game so it makes sense to give reviewers a lot of time.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yes, if a reviewer wants to complete the three routes to do their review, they will need a lot of time.

Last edited:

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I'm going to recruit one of Felix, Ashe, Ingrid, or Caspar to replace Lorenz after he dies early in my game ... think I'm going to start with the Deer. But that might change tomorrow

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So, is this shaping up to be a good Fire Emblem game? I love all the FE games on 3DS, but none of the trailers for Three Houses do anything for me. I don't know if it's the high school thing or something else, but this doesn't scream 'must have' to me like the 3DS ones. I would love a new, good, Fire Emblem though, so I hope I'm wrong.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So, is this shaping up to be a good Fire Emblem game? I love all the FE games on 3DS, but none of the trailers for Three Houses do anything for me. I don't know if it's the high school thing or something else, but this doesn't scream 'must have' to me like the 3DS ones. I would love a new, good, Fire Emblem though, so I hope I'm wrong.
Man you should def scroll thru this thread to get your answer lol

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
All the previews have been extremely positive. It seems that the only weak point of the game are the graphics.
Thank you! I don't care that much about the graphics if the rest is good, so that's not an issue for me. I've heard a bit of the soundtrack and that sounds incredible. I might have to get this after all then.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Haha I'm scrolling back, but I don't want to know too much before potentially going in.
Yea it's cool, most people have been good on spoilers, but yea this seems to be the best game yet. Just chose wisely on which house to pick. Not to sway you over to golden deer but, "you me the golden deer, would could be great together" :)

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City

Did you not watch the E3 2019 trailer? It might be considered a spoiler as it shows a lot of the story apart from the school, so if you haven't seen it and don't want to know anything, just rest assured that it almost sigle handedly generated all the hype you see here and elsewhere lol. It's shaping up to be a great new FE game.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Sigh... How can I say no to a Fire Emblem game?

ltF8xft.jpg

I used my voucher that I was going to use for Astral Chain. Let's hope it's the right choice, haha.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I'd expect there to be amiibo of both Byleths and the three house leaders, but then it becomes a question of what they'd actually do when used in Three Houses.
Yeah, that's what I was expecting too but I can't come up with another reason why they haven't been announced yet.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's what I was expecting too but I can't come up with another reason why they haven't been announced yet.
Yeah, I have no idea. They might have just decided not to make any.

What blows me away more than anything is that the first Fire Emblem amiibo that weren't related to Smash were...Alm and Celica.

Before the announcement of SoV, I would never, ever have thought that those two would ever get amiibo figures released before the Smash Corrin amiibo.

Ondor

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have no idea. They might have just decided not to make any.

What blows me away more than anything is that the first Fire Emblem amiibo that weren't related to Smash were...Alm and Celica.

Before the announcement of SoV, I would never, ever have thought that those two would ever get amiibo figures released before the Smash Corrin amiibo.
Nintendo's amiibo announcements come out of nowhere. I tried collecting all the Zelda amiibos and looked at their website to see which ones I was missing... and it was over half. I gave up lol.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Some rough quotes from Gita on Kotaku Splitscreen:

People are going to be very, very happy with this game!

This one is less horny than Fates was by far. [...] There's not a lot of big titty out female character designs. I think they smoothed out the horny anime wife part and tactics part so that they're the best possible version that they can be.

The writing in this game is actually very interesting, which is very heartening. Fates I was disappointed in the writing, and Awakening is charming and the characters are cool, but it's a little bit like the good guys are good and the bad guys are bad, you know, a very by the book fantasy fare. This one is a very complex game politically. I turn over the ramifications of my actions every single night before I go to bed, just thinking about what it means for this world which is very alive.

There's a 5 year time skip, and in that time things have kind of gone to shit in Fodlan, and all 3 territories are at war with each other. You'll be able to lead an army based on the people you taught, but everyone else is an enemy and you will have to kill them. Occurs at about the mid-point.

It's really interesting how every single character has secret motivations in this game, and none of them are corny. Very subtle and powerful writing. Very good voice acting.

If you played Fates and didn't like it — because I don't think it was a very good video game — this is the one I think you should try.

In both modes after the time skip, those characters you didn't recruit will die though. I found that out last night, which was sad for me.

Last edited:

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I looked at some of Treehouse footage and I really like the stuff with the classroom and school. I'm looking at this as my first ever Fire Emblem game. I'm not the best at SRPGs though myself, but I do like Disgaea and the depth of it. Would this be a good starting point into the Fire Emblem series? or does this really look like it's more for the fans

Status
Not open for further replies.