• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Picked up my copy early today, went golden deer cause i know the least about that route. I'm really impressed by this game so far. Lots of politics, lots of world building. Tons to do.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Less then 24 hours till launch (I'm in pacific time).

Long time since that Fire emblem Direct where we had nothing but a announcement of a HD Fire Emblem and looks like the wait was well worth it.

Plus free Lunatic update? Sweet. I love the BS difficulty settings. Tense and totally unfair, makes every battle intresting lol

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I always thought that Blue Lions is the least interesting of the three but as we are getting closer I must admit I am swayed more and more to make it the house that I should choose, haha.

Well the fact that Ingrid is there is a huge factor yes, but still.

Just wait.. All of these "saving the most interesting house for last" types will regret not picking the Blue Lions.

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
any news about the map designs / difficulty for the 3 houses?
or are they all very similar in that regard?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
About recruiting Hilda
It seems only MByleth can recruit her
Oh god, is it because of the bullshit I instantly guessed when she was revealed?

Is she just a shitty yandere (with the pink hair and axe behind the back), which people in the thread told me wasn't representative of that trope?

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
I used to think it was to amass pre-orders before people knew the game would stink.

But for FE, I'm not sure. Maximize marketing right around launch? Story/spoiler sensitive?
tbf, highly anticipated Nintendo (and Nintendo published) games rarely stink.
I'm always super confident in preordering those games.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You guys need to analyze less stats and classes and routes and shit and just play and decide stuff while you play. :D

At least that's what I'm doing today, am I doing it wrong? :D

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
What I like to do is spend hours planning things out as a way to pass time until release...and then inevitably let all those plans go to shit once I actually start playing.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn between Black Eagles and Golden Deer.

I guess my decision relies upon which one will basically allow me to be Muad'dib.

Probably Black Eagles

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
What I like to do is spend hours planning things out as a way to pass time until release...and then inevitably let all those plans go to shit once I actually start playing.
I spent at least a couple hours working out a shipping chart for Revelations so that all the Hoshidans and Nohrians were paired with someone from the opposing country, with as minimal class/skill overlap as possible, both for them and their children (who of course were also all paired up similarly). I didn't get it perfect but I think only one or two units ended up having to overlap on a class.

And then I didn't even play Revelations. I still have the Notepad file though, because maybe one day I will...

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to stay as blind as possible, so I didn't watch anything bur holy crap, I cannot wait for this game. I miss FE ERA.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've never played an SRPG before, but I'm hearing this game is a bit easy. Is hard mode recommended for a beginner? I usually enjoy a more challenging first play-through, but not tediously hard

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the game at the start but i'm starting to get bored, I like the social mechanic - battle tug of war but compared to persona the story related battles are so quick that I find the pacing odd. If you like the social aspect then you'll probably like it more but what there is are paper thin and basically just to fill up some meter. It lacks the day to day intermingling of your characters like persona, it happens from time to time but it's few and quick, I guess manually triggering support does that but they should've organically integrated the support chats into the day-to-day than just manually triggering it.

The limited roster is disappointing too hopefully they can mitigate it later when I can recruit people from other class and freelancers to my class.

Edit: Also should've gone with Golden Deer, Edelgar is bland personally. Hating Bernadetta too

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've never played an SRPG before, but I'm hearing this game is a bit easy. Is hard mode recommended for a beginner? I usually enjoy a more challenging first play-through, but not tediously hard
You can lower the difficulty after starting if it's too hard, but you cannot raise it if it's too easy.

So I'd recommend trying it on hard first.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
To anyone who has the game and FE amiibo: do you know the song unlocked for each amiibo?

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
To anyone who has the game and FE amiibo: do you know the song unlocked for each amiibo?
IIRC this is the list. I'm not 100% sure about the specific amiibo though.

• Marth - The Time to Act
  • Ike - Eternal Bond
  • Robin - Id (Purpose)
  • Lucina - Conquest (Ablaze)
  • Roy - Beneath a New Light (Roy's Courage)
  • Alm - March to Deliverance
  • Celica - With Mila's Divine Protection
  • M!Corrin - Alight (Storm)
  • F!Corrin - A Dark Fall (Fire)
  • Chrom - Destiny (Ablaze)
  • Tiki - The World Tree

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem is a bit different for an SRPG as it features perma-death for characters similar to X-COM (though I think this is removed on easy, not sure).

When picking a difficulty keep that in mind.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's ok with everyone and no one has claimed it, i can make the review thread. it'll go up an hour before reviews hit since we've already done the score prediction stuff in phantom thief's thread.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
When does the review embargo end in Eastern Australian time?
t1564063200z3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.