• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
t1564063200z3.png
giphy.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this game will be accessible as a baby's first Fire Emblem. I've been reading/watching previews, and I'm VERY interested in it.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this game will be accessible as a baby's first Fire Emblem. I've been reading/watching previews, and I'm VERY interested in it.

Easy is very easy according to most previews and they're walking through new systems even for old players with the monastery, so i would say this is very accessible.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
IIRC this is the list. I'm not 100% sure about the specific amiibo though.

• Marth - The Time to Act
  • Ike - Eternal Bond
  • Robin - Id (Purpose)
  • Lucina - Conquest (Ablaze)
  • Roy - Beneath a New Light (Roy's Courage)
  • Alm - March to Deliverance
  • Celica - With Mila's Divine Protection
  • M!Corrin - Alight (Storm)
  • F!Corrin - A Dark Fall (Fire)
  • Chrom - Destiny (Ablaze)
  • Tiki - The World Tree
Awesome! I don't remember hearing Roy's song before and it's great

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Easy is very easy according to most previews.
I don't know if I want it to be very easy. I just want to be able to easily understand how all the mechanics work, because when I watch the gameplay there are some pretty dense menus and stuff. I'm just hoping it doesn't assume you already know how to play Fire Emblem games.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I want it to be very easy. I just want to be able to easily understand how all the mechanics work, because when I watch the gameplay there are some pretty dense menus and stuff. I'm just hoping it doesn't assume you already know how to play Fire Emblem games.

I kinda hit respond to fast. Here was the second part that i edited in after.

"and they're walking through new systems even for old players with the monastery, so i would say this is very accessible."

Feb 15, 2018
Looking forward to this so much, but i hope the small text does not ruin the experience for me (i think i will be playing primarily undocked).

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
If you're new to the series I'd generally recommend starting on normal in order to get a feel for the mechanics and series conventions. Even the easier games can get nasty if you don't know what you're doing. But between being able to lower difficulty and turn back time, you'd probably be okay starting on hard.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
From what I've seen, it does a good job with tutorials.

If you don't want the game to be a cakewalk, try Normal/Classic. I'm guessing a lot of reviewers are doing Normal/Casual, and Casual greatly reduces the need to play strategically. Nothing against Casual mode or those who use it of course, but if you want the game to have some bite to it... Classic's probably the way to go. And don't let the notion of permadeath intimidate you, it really isn't that hard to keep your units alive, especially with the ability to undo some mistakes without needing to completely reset.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I'll be playing classic/normal.
I'm not god awful, but conquest brutalized me. I got very far in, starting on hard (Because Awakening classic/normal was a complete joke), and being forced to drop to normal at chapter 8, then being forced to drop to casual around chapter 20, and then finally throwing my hands up at 23. I mean, I knew conquest was meant to be the harder of the 2, but fuck me I was so unprepared.
Depending on reviews, I MIGHT try classic/hard again, if it's not as brutal as conquest.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I am pretty new to FE myself and the tutorials are pretty thourough and well put. You shouldn't have any problems. Also very beginner friendly. But I am at the 1st real mission for now.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Today and the first half of tomorrow are going to be torture. I really want to play Three Houses. Unfortunately the shop I ordered it from never breaks street date so I'm forced to wait.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
What time does it unlock? I'm hoping for midnight PST tomorrow but have heard 9AM friday

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
In Conquest, I chose classic/hard. I managed to get to the last chapter, but couldn't beat it. Will I be ok choosing Classic/hard in this one?
Hopefully some reviews makes some comparisons

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Still think this will do MC 90 at best. Due to the nature of the system, i'd expect reviewers to be harsher on the technical issues of the game, compared to the 3DS entries. I could also see the completely different paths with no obvious "canon" ending rubbing some people the wrong way.

Interesting that your Byleth has at least their professor level moving over into NG+. This might change how i tackle the different routes.

Will probably go BE 1 -> BL -> GD -> BE 2 ... or in spoilers

Black Eagles Church -> BL -> GD -> Black Eagles Edelgard

I see i'm not alone with this and Poodlestrike, Ianoi and Xavi are people of culture, too. ^^

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I know only one FE title, Awakening, has ever achieved 90+ but I can see this one being the most highly appraised modern FE title. Even if this doesn't translate to the highest mc and ends up in 87-89 range which is still great.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
In Conquest, I chose classic/hard. I managed to get to the last chapter, but couldn't beat it. Will I be ok choosing Classic/hard in this one?
Hopefully some reviews makes some comparisons
The last chapter is traditionally a shitshow, I wouldn't worry too much about it if that is where hard got too hard for you. You should still pick Hard.
a) You can just drop the difficulty midgame if you want.
b) The turnwheel really helps mitigating the small fuckups you end up with on those 40min crazy maps at the end of Fire Emblem usually, making it much more bearable. (My experience with Echoes, where I ended up cheesing the last map with Teleport, lol.)

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Hmm, maybe I'll be able to get one after work :thinkingemoji:

Edit:
Thanks. Any particular reason they are breaking the street date?
It's France man. We behead kings. Breaking a street date is nothing :p

Edit: More seriously it's usually because of shops competition (when one "drops" it the others follow) and just, we don't really care that much. If the shop got the goods, might as well put them on the shelves.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hmm, maybe I'll be able to get one after work :thinkingemoji:

Edit:
It's France man. We behead kings. Breaking a street date is nothing :p
Hahaha, fair enough. Fuck I hate the uptight stores in the Netherlands. The game is out in the wild, just let me pay for it and play it. I ordered it for pick up, but they probably won't let me pick it up today. I will still give it a shot during my lunch break though.

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
So, are the class specific clothing only worn when out in the field?
I hear I can make ♀Byleth wear less shit clothing with (Ugh) DLC, is the DLC clothing only active in the academy?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Okay guys i'm pretty blind on this game, didn't watch much footage or read much infos, I usually go with female characters in rpgs if I have the choice. I just want to know one thing before I go female, will I be able to romance Edelgard? 🤔

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Okay guys i'm pretty blind on this game, didn't watch much footage or read much infos, I usually go with female characters in rpgs if I have the choice. I just want to know one thing before I go female, will I be able to romance Edelgard? 🤔

Iirc then yes, female Byleth is able to romance Edelgard among 4 others. Though i don't now atm if their support ends up platonic.

Oh and ... i think you can only romance Edelgard in one of the Black Eagles storylines. Not in all others.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hahaha, fair enough. Fuck I hate the uptight stores in the Netherlands. The game is out in the wild, just let me pay for it and play it. I ordered it for pick up, but they probably won't let me pick it up today. I will still give it a shot during my lunch break though.
Bol.com delivered it yesterday. Some Dutch stores are really early with this one actually. If only I hadn't preordered it digitally, haha.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Iirc then yes, female Byleth is able to romance Edelgard among 4 others. Though i don't now atm if their support ends up platonic.

Oh and ... i think you can only romance Edelgard in one of the Black Eagles storylines. Not in all others.

I was planning to go Black Eagles first so that's fine, thank you!

Also, can we romance multiple people or only one person?

Status
Not open for further replies.