• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J Snow

Oct 25, 2017
Quite curious about picking this up but is there a way to skip all the school stuff and just auto through to the battles?

laoni

Oct 25, 2017

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm really looking forward to Friday. I'm going in pretty blind since I'm a longtime FE fan so getting this was a foregone conclusion. All I know is there's some academy theme and I probably have to choose one of three routes.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Amazon.de. Forget that german mentality for once and get my CE shipped. Bloody german mentality ... ruined early releases. (I say this as a german)

It's not random it will teach them based on their strength.
I haven't heard any reports but I feel like it would play to everyone's natural strengths, just randomising who you actually spend the time with?

Sounds okay. Of course, won't be as good as if you do it yourself, and i can imagine that recruiting from other houses might be harder with the auto-stuff, but for the strategy purists it sounds like a solide alternative.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Come on Amazon.de. Forget that german mentality for once and get my CE shipped. Bloody german mentality ... ruined early releases. (I say this as a german)
I might have been unlucky but my last 2 ( amazon.fr ) game preorder didn't even get a delivery day one, had to cancel my MUA3 order last week for that reason ( wasn't shipped the day before and was now announcing a monday delivery ).

The fact my FE:TH is still not shipped make me fear the same thing is happening again.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I might have been unlucky but my last 2 ( amazon.fr ) game preorder didn't even get a delivery day one, had to cancel my MUA3 order last week for that reason ( wasn't shipped the day before and was now announcing a monday delivery ).

The fact my FE:TH is still not shipped make me fear the same thing is happening again.

I noticed that Amazon sometimes ships items at the least possible time. For example, for my Sekiro CE, i got the shipping mail and notification on ~1.30 am, on the day it was stated to be delivered. Basically, they shipped it in the night.

I had to wait until 9 p.m. ... but it was delivered.

But yes, Amazon missing launch day delivery for Prime has happend to me before, too. Hoping this is not the case this time. ^^

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
My game hasn't shipped yet, RIP my day one dream, I'm getting flashbacks from the Persona Q2 waiting days... This whole week sucks.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My copy arrived from Shopto this morning and i've played a little of the prologue. One thing I noticed right from the start is that I can't hear any of the voice acting during the movie scenes, is this intentional or not?

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Can someone please answer this for me.
I played Fates and was overwhelmed by the amount of units to bring onto the battlefield. I think the limit was close to 12-15?
So I brought them all on so that my odds at success were higher, but it meant I had to make 15 decisions every round and the game was painfully slow.
Was I playing the game wrong? There wasn't a suggested amount of units to bring onto the map, I feel something like that would have really helped :s
I did kinda go into the series blind which is a shame because I loved the first few levels when there were less units to pick from

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
My copy arrived from Shopto this morning and i've played a little of the prologue. One thing I noticed right from the start is that I can't hear any of the voice acting during the movie scenes, is this intentional or not?
Yeah same, my copy arrived from Shopto today this morning, I didn't realise it until i checked on the website that it was delivered.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I played Fates and was overwhelmed by the amount of units to bring onto the battlefield. I think the limit was close to 12-15?
So I brought them all on so that my odds at success were higher, but it meant I had to make 15 decisions every round and the game was painfully slow.
Was I playing the game wrong? There wasn't a suggested amount of units to bring onto the map, I feel something like that would have really helped :s
I did kinda go into the series blind which is a shame because I loved the first few levels when there were less units to pick from
You field 10 units minimum from the second mission on, and it feels like there's more enemy units than usual. It moves relatively quickly though? I dunno, I've never had that problem with SRPGs, though it's a very common complaint with the genre.

A lot more of this game happens outside of battles than usual too, so that might also be better for you?

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh, it's so close. I'll have to wait another week to play it though since I'm out of town and didn't bring my Switch.

Just use some as pair up fodder. I pretty much had my core team of like 8 or 9 units and the rest were there to pair up/dual attack when needed.

Grestok

May 24, 2018
My limited edition is waiting for me after work (Merci la Fnac^^)........................I can't wait........

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit user hidingwaffles was gracious enough to translate a Korean interview with devs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/chkdjf/a_korean_interview_with_3h_director_shows_some/ (sourced interview: https://bbs.ruliweb.com/news/527/read/125430)

The English title of Three Houses came before the Asian one after the Chinese proverbThe nuance that the word 'houses' translated into Japanese didn't really fit so they changed it to Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon. Usually used to describe the four seasons, but in this case for the year at the Academy and the process of creations (referring to everything existing ya know?) blooming, growing, getting destroyed and blooming once again in a year.

Each house has a different theme and atmosphere Stupid question aside, the answer was really, really hype:
Edelgard's route realizes her ideals and ambitions, Dimitri's is a "kingly (I dunno how to translate it)" story of finding light even in the darkness, and Claude's explores out to this world's mysteries.

The change of atmosphere is intentional Personally wanted to make an actual war but also to harmonize with the post-timeskip. It is possible in real life when meeting someone from the same school after years can be shocking. Wanted to express how cruel time can be.

More at the link.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
I also just got mine now, from ShopTo. It comes with a coin in a pouch which is kinda funny. It's been a while since I got a odd little bonus like that, I remember it happened all the time in the 3DS days.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I also just got mine now, from ShopTo. It comes with a coin in a pouch which is kinda funny. It's been a while since I got a odd little bonus like that, I remember it happened all the time in the 3DS days.

Just come home for lunch to find my Shopto order on the mat. Back to work for now but can't wait to play tonight and on my day off tomorrow!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
You all have so much self-control lol. I dropped everything I was doing the moment mine arrived >.>

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what feeling is currently the strongest i have ... the angry-envy to all those luckers who got it early, or the tense-impatience for Amazon to finally ship my CE.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I don't use amazon.de for new games anymore. A lot of the times it wouldn't even arrive on release day. I ordered the limited edition from Saturn and it arrived this morning.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't use amazon.de for new games anymore. A lot of the times it wouldn't even arrive on release day. I ordered the limited edition from Saturn and it arrived this morning.

Never had a game from MediaSaturn early either. Funny though, i intially had it pre-ordered at Media Markt's online shop, though with in-store pick-up ... which can be up to 2 days after release due to their stupid way of handling such orders.

Ultimately, i went with Amazon because i had a 10 bucks discount i used on this ...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed that Amazon sometimes ships items at the least possible time. For example, for my Sekiro CE, i got the shipping mail and notification on ~1.30 am, on the day it was stated to be delivered. Basically, they shipped it in the night.

I had to wait until 9 p.m. ... but it was delivered.

But yes, Amazon missing launch day delivery for Prime has happend to me before, too. Hoping this is not the case this time. ^^
Did not know they sometimes shipped during the night.

I honestly usually don't mind missing a day on delivery, the problem is that since those game are released on Friday, missing day one delivery usually not having the game for the weekend.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Did not know they sometimes shipped during the night.

I honestly usually don't mind missing a day on delivery, the problem is that since those game are released on Friday, missing day one delivery usually not having the game for the weekend.

That's the issue here, yep.

Thing is, when they stilled used DHL, it wasn't really a problem. Orders were shipped around 4 to 5 p.m. and DHL was delivering it the next day 98% guaranteed. With Amazon's own shitty service, it's a freaking rollercoaster.

And i'll tell you, i was extremely confused when the doorbell rang at 9 p.m. and some dude threw the package into my hands.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
That's the issue here, yep.

Thing is, when they stilled used DHL, it wasn't really a problem. Orders were shipped around 4 to 5 p.m. and DHL was delivering it the next day 98% guaranteed. With Amazon's own shitty service, it's a freaking rollercoaster.

And i'll tell you, i was extremely confused when the doorbell rang at 9 p.m. and some dude threw the package into my hands.
Same in France, when it was only chronopost, you knew it was delivered 24h after being shipped, usually the morning, almost never after 5 pm; you were called if there was any problem.
Now ? i've seen a it take up 72h ( working day ) to get that delivery, and had to manually check the tracking to see there was a problem.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I envy all of you that have the game!
I have in store pick up and just can go after work, so I'll get it tomorrow around 6 PM.
This has been an extremely non productive week!

Status
Not open for further replies.