• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
273-2737446_transparent-logo-fire-emblem-three-houses-logo-png.png

Please bear with me while update the OP​
GameXplain

Opening Cutscene!

VG24/7
Fire Emblem: Three Houses' school setting perfectly bolsters its RPG chops

Nintendo Life
We've Been Playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses And Now We're Excited For More

Gameinformer
New Gameplay Today – Fire Emblem: Three Houses

NintendoWorldReport
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) Hands-on Preview

Polygon
Fire Emblem: Three Houses class system guide

Eurogamer
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a welcome revolution for the series

GamesBeat
Fire Emblem: Three Houses hands-on — conveniences and calendars

Kotaku
Fire Emblem: Three Houses Will Test Your Heart And Your Mettle

GAYMING
Fire Emblem: Three Houses is overflowing with bisexual energy – and that makes it a uniquely captivating RPG

IGN

Last edited:

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Comes out the day before my birthday so my wife ordered my copy on Amazon. Would have broken my heart if it wasn't any good. I've been waiting for a new FE.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making the thread. That opening cutscene is insanely brutal. Way more than expected.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't help myself and skimmed through some of them. Looks like IS absolutely nailed the chars and the relationships between player and between each other.

This is going to be hard once the time-skip hits and you're going to fight the other houses.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Posting here because the last thread was closed, but RD didnt bomb, because it didnt even had marketing or shipments high enough to be able to do well
I know Awakening did great things to the series but I dont like how the fanbase acts like marketing had nothing to do with it.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The previews I've read are making it very hard for me to hold off on playing this. I had originally intended to get it to play over the holidays, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for making the thread. That opening cutscene is insanely brutal. Way more than expected.

Honestly a weird choice to open with, and the brutal bit isn't transitioned into that well.

Some fantastic bits of music shining through at points though. That's basically the aspect of the game I have zero reservations regarding.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hadn't been looking forward to this until recently but I've been really excited the last few weeks. This is good because I don't have to wait too long from when I first got excited. Thanks for making the thread, Xavi.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I should probably be working right now. I can see myself making several trips to the "restroom" today for all these previews. I'm so glad they are so positive and this is going to be two very long weeks, but luckily I start my vacation on the 26th.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh it sounds so good. Why isn't it out yet?!?

The class guide from Plygon did reveal something I hadn't been aware of (or had forgotten) - there are still permanent unlocks from mastering a class.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Posting here because the last thread was closed, but RD didnt bomb, because it didnt even had marketing or shipments high enough to be able to do well
I know Awakening did great things to the series but I dont like how the fanbase acts like marketing had nothing to do with it.
IS mentioned that RD was a failure.

Even restructured the Fire emblem team after that game

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
People sure are coming around on this game, huh. Lots of complaining after the first showing and the school setting, turns out the game is good after all. Whodathunk.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I'm so happy it seems to be getting very positively received. Can't wait to pick it up!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Hope the class seals are plenty, especially for the later ones. The beginner ones being easily obtainable is a good start, but i pray that there's no situation where the player can run out of the advanced seals.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
IS mentioned that RD was a failure.

Even restructured the Fire emblem team after that game
Source for that? Very weird to consider the game a failure when they barely promoted the game and had very few copies available
Anyway it isnt like IS is very good at reading what makes a game a success or not, they seem to have no clue what made Awakening a success and even made Fates as consequence of that.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
People sure are coming around on this game, huh. Lots of complaining after the first showing and the school setting, turns out the game is good after all. Whodathunk.
I don't think that the fears were unreasonable. Fates gave us one of the worst, most pandering stories in the series, and people familiar with the genre remember all too well what happened when Valkyria Chronicles tried for a war academy setting.

They definitely seem to have made it work here, but I get the trepidations.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
On a TV, it has to be said that Three Houses is a fairly ugly thing, particularly when it comes to environments (although it suffers far less in handheld mode), but it comes with a sense of presentational style that previous entries haven't had.
- Ign

Yeah presentation is pretty dope but shame about the visuals :/. Sucks cause I can't play switch undocked

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
GUYS

Giving you the choice to play as either a female or male main character, and then letting you flirt with the entire supporting cast, no matter what your gender, is the bisexual fantasy I've been waiting for in gaming for years (who says we're greedy…) It doesn't help that every single one of them has been designed to appeal to you – yes, you – directly, no matter what your type: shy girl, bear guy, assertive domme, academic older gentleman, posh snob, dirty commoner… there's a lot of specific types catered for in this game.

NDAs and time limitations prevent me from disclosing too much information about how romances work out, but from my initial experiments it seems female main characters have more same-sex options than male ones. But, in terms of representation, we'll take it: gay and bisexual characters are distressingly rare in games (and games of Japanese origin, specifically) so the care Nintendo has taken to include and do justice to these romances is noteworthy – even if the most 'action' you get is in the form of some intense blushing at a tea ceremony.

Seems to imply there are multiple male options, even though it was true that females get more. But you can flirt with anyone? ashkfgashfgkacb

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So watching that opening cutscene, yeah Seiros definitely seemed a bit unstable for the supreme holy figure of Fodlan lol.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been interested in Fire Emblem but these previews are making it seem like fantasy Persona with a much more interesting battle system. Tempting.

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

For me, it was just not having a ton of confidence after Fates. I wanted to stay skeptical of the next major undertaking because Fates was a huge undertaking by all accounts and I knew I wouldn't be interested in another game like that.

Finally seeing that this is absolutely not the case is enough to kickstart my delayed enthusiasm. This looks great, save the protagonist designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.