• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
That intro cutscene...

I mean, I knew the leaks said that the game would be darker than Awakening and Fates, but I didn't expect it to be this dark.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not watching the cutscene until I play the game, but your reactions to it are hyping me up.

Pepin

Oct 27, 2017
London
YES! We just need explicit confirmation Claude is bi now for the fanbase to melt down. (In a good way)

Can't properly confirm bi, but can confirm bottom:

D_RwORSU0AALnAT

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that opening cinematic is hyping me to unreasonable levels. Seiros is hugely different than I was expecting, and the scale and brutality of it is impressive as hell.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i hope the game does a good join in explaining all 3 houses and inform us enough to make a decision

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this Polygon preview of the class system ... so much options, so much flexibility! My inner grinder is weeping with joy!

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I like Gamexplain's note on if you temporarily recruit a unit for a month with assistance they will have their story beats if they are relevant to the chapter plot, like Sylvain with his brother.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
So pretty much the only real negative is the graphics (which we already knew to not be great). Day 1 for me.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's unfortunate, but as the article said, having representation at all puts it above most games of this ilk, and it definitely seems like there's been progress compared to fates
I disagree, if you are going to put an effort do it right, no reason why there are more female choices than males when there are equal number of male and female characters, that coupled with the female mc seemed to be designed to appeal to straight male crowd makes me believe they have put more female bi characters so they can pick fbyleth and still marry their waifu of choice.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
NDAs and time limitations prevent me from disclosing too much information about how romances work out, but from my initial experiments it seems female main characters have more same-sex options than male ones. But, in terms of representation, we'll take it: gay and bisexual characters are distressingly rare in games (and games of Japanese origin, specifically) so the care Nintendo has taken to include and do justice to these romances is noteworthy – even if the most 'action' you get is in the form of some intense blushing at a tea ceremony.

Sounds like it's about what we expected, but like others, I'll take it. Awakening was my closet key so queer options in Fire Emblem remain important to me. I am happy if nothing else that it continues to improve.

Wakawun

Oct 27, 2017
I already pre-bought this game. Looks like it's all vindicated. Can't wait to boot this up!

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Keep these positive impressions coming.

Sounds like Derrick isn't far, and he's generally on the slower side when it comes to FE, but hearing he's spent 20ish hours just on the school part is exciting and scary since we know it's like a third of the story.

The gameplay sounds phenomenal and I can't wait to dig into it. I hope they've balanced the reclassing well enough and it does sound like it so far.

Hope the opening cutscene is up soon, looks great! FE is back!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Keep these positive impressions coming.

Sounds like Derrick isn't far, and he's generally on the slower side when it comes to FE, but hearing he's spent 20ish hours just on the school part is exciting and scary since we know it's like a third of the story.

The gameplay sounds phenomenal and I can't wait to dig into it. I hope they've balanced the reclassing well enough and it does sound like it so far.

Hope the opening cutscene is up soon, looks great!

Opening is up!

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a strategy guy at all but structure of this game has me interested regardless.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if this game will even have marriage? There's no kids and past Fire Emblem games have had S supports without them ending in marriage in-game. Usually the marriage would be in the ending credits or something.

I mean, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of way to declare a "relationship", but I actually don't *know* if there's marriage at all.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GUYS

Seems to imply there are multiple male options, even though it was true that females get more. But you can flirt with anyone? ashkfgashfgkacb

I'm an old Advance Wars fan who is mega salty about FE getting big as it basically killed off my fave (yes I know they're similar).

This just got me to plan to buy Three Houses, and I've never bought a Fire Emblem game before despite much of it being somewhat appealing, because I feel I need to support this. Great move.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
The opening has me a bit concerned tbh. Really hope they don't go too dark with this game, I don't think the series has ever done dark moments well. Or if they do go dark it's handled better then the rest of the series.

Vexingsruzz

Oct 29, 2017
Only two more weeks until the Black Eagles can reign supreme. I'm very excited that the game is previewing well and can't wait to try it myself.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Do we know if this game will even have marriage? There's no kids and past Fire Emblem games have had S supports without them ending in marriage in-game. Usually the marriage would be in the ending credits or something.

I mean, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some kind of way to declare a "relationship", but I actually don't *know* if there's marriage at all.
Romance after time skip, no kids

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
IS is delivering with Three Houses and that makes me so happy to see this IP that was about to die, grow so much.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is it definitely possible to jump into this without having any prior knowledge of the series?
Fire Emblem games are largely standalone, the only real exception is radiant dawn being a direct sequel to PoR and maybe Thracia (Haven't played it, but I do know it takes place during the middle of Genealogy with some of the same characters). Some FE games do take place in different parts of the same world (Gaiden/Echoes takes place on a different continent at around the same time as FE1/3, and Genealogy and Thracia are on yet another continent in that same world I believe), and in Awakening's case it takes place in the far future from the first FE game's world, but even then, most nods are pretty small.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still want my advance wars, but I guess it'll do.

Looks surprisingly good, at least a lot better than the previous effort.

I enjoyed Awakening minus the power of friendship stuff.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how I am going to have the time for this game but it's a must buy. I do have a question though.
Since the weapon triangle is gone, am I correct in that it now just comes down to using gambits to be more powerful than your enemy?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Most FE games are completely separate from the others. Save for some rare exceptions (Marth's, Roy's and Ike's games)
Oh yeah, forgot about FE 6 and 7, but Given that 7 is a prequel to 6 (Roy's game) I'd argue even those can be played as standalone

Similarly my understanding of FE 3 is that it tells an abridged version of FE 1's story within itself and then expands with essentially a sequel afterwards

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The opening has me a bit concerned tbh. Really hope they don't go too dark with this game, I don't think the series has ever done dark moments well. Or if they do go dark it's handled better then the rest of the series.
They've done much Darker before.

Tho it's usually in dialogue and during the time the graphics were sprites. Now that they can show it in cutscenes, it's can be more impactful and noticeable

Status
Not open for further replies.