• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how I am going to have the time for this game but it's a must buy. I do have a question though.
Since the weapon triangle is gone, am I correct in that it now just comes down to using gambits to be more powerful than your enemy?

While Gambits are one strategy, there's also Arts, some of which have advantages over other weapon classes.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn I'm super hyped after seeing that opening cutscene. They're really pushing the limits of T rating, aren't they.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, that opening cinematic is hyping me to unreasonable levels. Seiros is hugely different than I was expecting, and the scale and brutality of it is impressive as hell.

The thing that caught me offguard is she uses her fist to punch after her sword was knocked out of her hands. Was expecting her to cast magic or something but it's interesting to see the woman in elegant dress up throwing ruthless punches and kicks.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I had positive feelings from the reveal and now they are officialy confirmed, this game will be so good! Before getting to play it, the two longest weeks (maybe the most important of my life until now) await me, between the decisive interview for a PhD position next week, the discussion of my Master's Thesis the 23-24 and, finally, the 26th the graduation. The 27the 28 must be fully dedicated to Fire Emblem.

Wow the story looks really so dark, they put so much effort in it, I think they know this is the perfect moment for Fire Emblem saga, after the mobile game and with the Switch success, to become even more popular worldwide.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That opening was nuts, I cannot believe the game starts off like that. Also, monster boss battles in a strategy game? Okay IS, you got me. You got me good.
uu9pmDP.gif

Brend

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I did not anticipate this reviewing very well but if these previews are anything to go on we could be looking at an 85+

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I can not wait to get my hands on this game. I still can't believe I still need to play through Shadows of Valentia though. Haven't had the time to open it. That's going to be pushed back even further with this game. This is looking to good not to play as soon as it drops though.

I did not expect that opening scene to play out the way it did based on what we've seen prior. Wow!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fuck, i didn't want to get this since i'm getting too many games this year but the hype is getting to me.

edit: the opening is SICK!

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait! I was so worried about this game prior to E3 but it's quickly looking like it will be a fantastic title.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Wow this is the way to open a game, way more bloody and brutal than I expected. This game seems to be the dark FE game I needed, way to go IS!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That opening feels like it exists to fight off my memories of Fates Conquest's "we won the battle and apparently didn't kill anyone!"

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
They've done much Darker before.

Tho it's usually in dialogue and during the time the graphics were sprites. Now that they can show it in cutscenes, it's can be more impactful and noticeable
Yeah I might just be overreacting but after Radiant Dawn, Conquest, and SoV I really don't trust them to do it well.

But hey, only two weeks left until the game comes out it so here's hoping they do!

Isn't FE4 one of the most lauded games?
Yeah, but I personally didn't like the story in the second half (when most of the darker stuff starts happening) all that much.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how I am going to have the time for this game but it's a must buy. I do have a question though.
Since the weapon triangle is gone, am I correct in that it now just comes down to using gambits to be more powerful than your enemy?
Not exactly, no. There's abilities, combat arts (spend weapon durability for bonuses) , and a lot more class advantages on weapons - lances are good against Cav now, for instance.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The return of the king.
this game is probably going to top every SRPG that came before it. the scale is unprecedented for this genre.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Wow this is the way to open a game, way more bloody and brutal than I expected. This game seems to be the dark FE game I needed, way to go IS!
And the most impressing thing is that, initially, they didn't show all this darkness, while focusing on the academy life. This time they completely nailed how to present the game.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly, no. There's abilities, combat arts (spend weapon durability for bonuses) , and a lot more class advantages on weapons - lances are good against Cav now, for instance.
Lances arent exactly good against cav, it is just they learn a skill that if you equip makes lances good against cavs
Same thing as the weapon triangle

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
That opening is quite something.

My choice of Edelgard is now cemented, since she has the crest of evil pope seiros that murderstabs people that want liberty then hugs their bloody swords talking to their mother.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I might just be overreacting but after Radiant Dawn, Conquest, and SoV I really don't trust them to do it well.

But hey, only two weeks left until the game comes out it so here's hoping they do!

Yeah, but I personally didn't like the story in the second half (when most of the darker stuff starts happening) all that much.
One of the darkest scenes in the game was in Sacred Stones with the dead wife.

That was done really well and came off as both creepy and sad.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, one thing is throwing me for a loop in that opening cutscene. I don't know anything about the leaks and don't care to know, but uh:

In that weird time warp thing, are these skyscrapers?

wFCIQaQ.jpg

It could be that I'm overthinking it and that this time warpy thing is just supposed to imply "time travel" showing different eras of time. Still, it threw me for a loop to see a skyscraper in a fire emblem intro.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

Weapon triangle is kinda gone, but there will be weapon skills that replicate it, though at a reduced level.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I started with Awakening so unfortunately I do not know about previous games - in fact I hope some of them will get remade, like it happened for Shadow of Valentia.
Genealogy was never officially brought over (fan translations do Exist however) so most of us haven't played it. This game seems to take a lot of inspiration from it though, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was the next remake

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hope it sells more than awakening! Seems like a really solid, quality FE title right here!

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, one thing is throwing me for a loop in that opening cutscene. I don't know anything about the leaks and don't care to know, but uh:

wFCIQaQ.jpg

It could be that I'm overthinking it and that this time warpy thing is just supposed to imply "time travel" showing different eras of time. Still, it threw me for a loop to see a skyscraper in a fire emblem intro.

TMS #FE NOW CANON PART OF FIRE EMBLEM TIMELINE!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

wFCIQaQ.jpg

So that wasn't just me then. Would be kind of surreal if that actually pays off in some way.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

wFCIQaQ.jpg

Fire Emblem x SMT is back, baybee!

Status
Not open for further replies.