• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Definitely sounds like a contender for my goty! I gotta hurry up and finish ys viii so I can be ready for this!

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Then come the actual review and IGN and Gamespot will complain about not being able to playas their Mii.

You mentioned this in the other thread as well, what are you referring to?

KrJCs3B.jpg

SuperJohnny

Alt account
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Ok I'm sure these are the LGBT options:
Mercedes, Edelgard, Sothis, Dorothea, Rhea
Linhardt, Alois, Claude

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that opening cutscene is insane!
They had protrayed Seiros all lady like, but we know now where Edelgard's ruthlessness comes from.
That is some big hatred to basically mutilate your opponent's corpse.... Although that "Red Canyon" bit makes me think Nemesis probably massacred her family and stole the sword which belonged to Seiros's mother. Maybe they are related if he can use the sword to its full potential?

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I started with Awakening so unfortunately I do not know about previous games - in fact I hope some of them will get remade, like it happened for Shadow of Valentia.

The story of Genealogy and Thracia has a lot of dark moments and for the most part they all work well and aren't just there for shock value.

There's mass murder, messed up incest, child hunts, and brutal executions, to name a few lovely examples.

It's why a lot of people question how much they'd have to change in a potential remake.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
And the most impressing thing is that, initially, they didn't show all this darkness, while focusing on the academy life. This time they completely nailed how to present the game.
Yep, the way they started with the school setting reveal to later reveal the timeskip and how the story gets more serious is a really good way to make all kind of players excited about the game.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, that opening cutscene is insane!
They had protrayed Seiros all lady like, but we know now where Edelgard's ruthlessness comes from.
That is some big hatred to basically mutilate your opponent's corpse.... Although that "Red Canyon" bit makes me think Nemesis probably massacred her family and stole the sword which belonged to Seiros's mother. Maybe they are related if he can use the sword to its full potential?
Given some of the motifs around Seiros, I'll one up you: she's either a manakete or her mother was, and the sword is made of her family's bones.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm surprised how much people care about the romance in those games, i guess i understand now why Awakening became very successful, the dating sim elements are big part of that.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The opening cutscene reinforces my belief that those bone weapons are made by dragon bone. The heroes in the past slay the dragon and made its corpse into these legendary weapons. And Seiros was slaying the heroes because her mother is that dragon.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely. I don't think there's been a Fire Emblem since Awakening that required any prior knowledge to enjoy. They're all very stand-alone, but this one seems especially so.
Yes! Most FE games are completely separate from the others. Save for some rare exceptions (Marth's, Roy's and Ike's games)
Fire Emblem games are largely standalone, the only real exception is radiant dawn being a direct sequel to PoR and maybe Thracia (Haven't played it, but I do know it takes place during the middle of Genealogy with some of the same characters). Some FE games do take place in different parts of the same world (Gaiden/Echoes takes place on a different continent at around the same time as FE1/3, and Genealogy and Thracia are on yet another continent in that same world I believe), and in Awakening's case it takes place in the far future from the first FE game's world, but even then, most nods are pretty small.
Thanks guys. This looks so good, but I was a bit wary about jumping in and then having no clue about what's going on. Day one it is!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
The story of Genealogy and Thracia has a lot of dark moments and for the most part they all work well and aren't just there for shock value.

There's mass murder, messed up incest, child hunts, and brutal executions, to name a few lovely examples.

It's why a lot of people question how much they'd have to change in a potential remake.

Uh what you mentions in the spoiler it is really much more than I expected.
However, about a possible remake, I don't know if they would like to present another game with a similar setting, maybe they will remade a different game.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Not too surprised at the modern building appearing in the opening. Mila's turnwheel power is baked into the mc, they can control time.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i'm remembering wrong, Spoiler:

Wasn't Dimitri mentioned by the leaker that he's romancable for both genders?

So its probably old news, but i just realized you have an Owl in your personal Quarters.

Literally Feh meets Hedwig.

Stop the press. This is serious! We have our very own Feh in the game? 95+ GotY confirmed! ^^

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Seeing it mentioned a bit already in a few of the previews but comparisons to Persona, both favorable and unfavorable, as well as comments on the graphics and even some potential slowdown make me lean to mid to maybe high 80s for MC score. I think we'll see the vast majority of reviews fall in that 8-9 range with then fewer scores on either side in the 9+ and 7 range keeping it in that 83-89 range.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Seeing it mentioned a bit already in a few of the previews but comparisons to Persona, both favorable and unfavorable, as well as comments on the graphics and even some potential slowdown make me lean to mid to maybe high 80s for MC score. I think we'll see the vast majority of reviews fall in that 8-9 range with then fewer scores on either side in the 9+ and 7 range keeping it in that 83-89 range.
Well, Persona 5 was literally an upscaled PS3 game so I do not think they are very fussy about this one.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised how much people care about the romance in those games, i guess i understand now why Awakening became very successful, the dating sim elements are big part of that.
I wouldnt mind if there is no romance, the Telius games were completely fine without it, but if there is romance i hope it is done right

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Given the previews, and the nature of the leaks, I'd say that this game would probably be on the very borderline of getting 90 (say 89-91), and unless the game falls apart at the end, I highly doubt it will review worse than Fates.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Well, Persona 5 was literally an upscaled PS3 game so I do not think they are very fussy about this one.
Comparisons to the gameplay not graphics. Things like the calendar, secondary events and character interactions.

And if we're being honest P5 is a better looking game still as well.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Hard/Classic here we go

I wonder if they mean for people that have played fire emblem or for newcomers in general.

I know newcomers that have trouble with normal modes in Fire Emblem. But if your super into the series, normal mode is always easy (western releases) bar Fire emblem Radiant Dawn.

Going hard Classic tho. But I am worry that the Map design might be nothing to write home

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Ok I'm sure these are the LGBT options:
Mercedes, Edelgard, Sothis, Dorothea, Rhea
Linhardt, Alois, Claude
Considering the other two Male options are supposed to be spoilery, I don't think Claude's one of them. I'm betting on someone who isn't revealed yet or someone who hasn't been officially shown playable yet.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Why?
Fbyleth already has 2 lord options, while Mbyleth has only one, it isnt that expected
Because I would find strange that they would allow MByleth to have at least male romance option between the two male lords, while Fbyleth none. Then, of course, the best scenario would be that all the three lords are available for relationships with both Fbyleth and MByleth.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Awakening didn't have feet and it still scored 92MC lol

Status
Not open for further replies.