• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So from browsing through videos, it seems characters have official ages, and most of them are between 17-19 in the school phase. Hilda is 18, Leonie is 19, Hubert is 20, Edelgard is 17 for some examples

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I've been reading the previews, and the comments about the lack of difficulty on normal mode convinced me - I'm going on Hard/classic for my first playthrough.
Plus, nothing can be worse that Radiant Dawn's Hard mode chapters when you are forced to use the Dawn Brigade. Well, nothing except Thracia 776 BS.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Considering the other two Male options are supposed to be spoilery, I don't think Claude's one of them. I'm betting on someone who isn't revealed yet or someone who hasn't been officially shown playable yet.
That would be super lame but I wouldnt put that past IS

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe i'm remembering wrong, Spoiler:

Wasn't Dimitri mentioned by the leaker that he's romancable for both genders?

Stop the press. This is serious! We have our very own Feh in the game? 95+ GotY confirmed! ^^

Fairly certain you're remembering wrong. We saw a screenshot of the Blue Lions support list and none of the men had an S rank support with M!Byleth.

Edit: Maybe this doesn't mean no flirting, because we don't know exactly how romances work in this game. But all of the girls had S rank options.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Because I would find strange that they would allow MByleth to have at least male romance option between the two male lords, while Fbyleth none. Then, of course, the best scenario would be that all the three lords are available for relationships with both Fbyleth and MByleth.
Claude isnt even confirmed tho, so you are looking at the opposite scenario, fbyleth with 3 choices and mbyleth with none

Jun 8, 2019
Fingers crossed, but it sounds like IS may have accomplished the impossible here. A FE that will appeal to both sides of the fan base, while bumping up the overall ambition of the title at the same time. Super excited to try out all of the new mechanics and to dig further into the story. Hoping the sales reflect the effort that went in to this.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Huh - somehow I missed the fact that magic is based on your actual magic skills instead of having tomes - seems an interesting 'compromise' between old games, and Echoes 'use health up' to cast spells mechanic.

Curious to see how powerful/how many uses you can end up getting at higher levels.

Other than that, previews definitely got me hyped.

Black Eagles forever!

(for the first playthrough)

Does this mean there is no character that is just straight-up gay? Are all of them bisexual?

IIRC there are no indications of any 'exclusively' gay/lesbian options, no.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Here are some master tier classes, still pre-timeskip so I'm assuming more open up post-timeskip

1562942008132.png

Xlad

Oct 19, 2018
The opening cutscene reinforces my belief that those bone weapons are made by dragon bone. The heroes in the past slay the dragon and made its corpse into these legendary weapons. And Seiros was slaying the heroes because her mother is that dragon.
A sword made out of Dragon/Manakete bones.
This is something i can get behind.
Now just let me call it Vigilance.
and that is why sword of creator didn't hit her in that shot huh.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017

It was cool to see this preview in the OP. Their enthusiasm (and screenshots) are encouraging. That said, is a character like Claude actually romanceable by Male Byleth? After reading the below, I'm still thinking the rumor may end up being correct.

NDAs and time limitations prevent me from disclosing too much information about how romances work out, but from my initial experiments it seems female main characters have more same-sex options than male ones.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
So from browsing through videos, it seems characters have official ages, and most of them are between 17-19 in the school phase. Hilda is 18, Leonie is 19, Hubert is 20, Edelgard is 17 for some examples
Lysithea and Mercedes are the exeptions to this, i think Lysithea is 15 because she's some sort of prodigy and Mercedes was i think 23 for some reason i don't remember.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some master tier classes, still pre-timeskip so I'm assuming more open up post-timeskip

1562942008132.png

Looks like Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, Swordmaster, Paladin, Mounted Archer (forgot class name), Dark Knight, Troubadour and Sage?

I really hope there more, as these are "just" the standard stuff ever present. Needs me some more of the more exotic stuff, like War Monk, a Three Houses equivalent to Kinshi Knight and so on.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, of course there have to be more, the list is completely missing knights and their promotions. Guess we need the screen from a male char to have a better look at them together.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Also it is confirmed that Byleth is around the same age as the students, dunno if we knew this already. From the GX video

Ferdinand: I hear we are rather close in age Professor. I hope you do not mind if we treat you like one of us.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Looks like Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, Swordmaster, Paladin, Mounted Archer (forgot class name), Dark Knight, Troubadour and Sage?

I really hope there more, as these are "just" the standard stuff ever present. Needs me some more of the more exotic stuff, like War Monk, a Three Houses equivalent to Kinshi Knight and so on.
https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/07/12/fire-emblem-three-houses-a-look-at-all-the-classes IGN video showing off the classes, its a bit more varied. Also we don't see whatever class Dimitri was in that commercial post time skip, so I'm assuming more unlock as you go on

Love the outfit design in this game

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i haven't really been keeping up with the info about this game, so i have a question:
when you start the game, you pick one of the three houses and that affects the story, right? so once you're finished, is there a point to going back and picking one of the other two? do you basically re-start the game or is the second campaign shorter/fast-tracked because you've finished the game once?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Unsure if I want to read/watch anymore. Already sold.

Glad to see the general press reception being positive though. Especially in the lore department.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Swordmaster and Paladin are Advanced classes. Trueblade and Great Knight, maybe?

There's only two on foot, better practice your riding and flying y'all.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I wouldnt mind if there is no romance, the Telius games were completely fine without it, but if there is romance i hope it is done right

I actually didn't like how they focused too much on romance after those, i felt like every character i interacted with was only interested in flirting, which made the games lose part of their magic and political war story to me. but it seems I'm in the minority here. anyway with Three Houses it seems they have done it right this time and there is a lot more to the story/lore/characters than romance!

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.ign.com/videos/2019/07/12/fire-emblem-three-houses-a-look-at-all-the-classes IGN video showing off the classes, its a bit more varied. Also we don't see whatever class Dimitri was in that commercial post time skip, so I'm assuming more unlock as you go on

Love the outfit design in this game

Dimitri probably has some special Lord class promotion, just like all the others did before. Normally, all of the House leaders should have such one?

Swordmaster and Paladin are Advanced classes. Trueblade and Great Knight, maybe?

There's only two on foot, better practice your riding and flying y'all.

AH! You're right!

Paladin would be Gold Knight or, yes, maybe Great Knight, if they keep the names from previous games. Sword could be Dread Fighter like in Echoes?

E: Though, Great Knight was more of an side promotion in Sacred Stones. Hmm dunno.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
i haven't really been keeping up with the info about this game, so i have a question:
when you start the game, you pick one of the three houses and that affects the story, right? so once you're finished, is there a point to going back and picking one of the other two? do you basically re-start the game or is the second campaign shorter/fast-tracked because you've finished the game once?

I don't think it's been (yet) specifically stated, but I would imagine you re-start the whole game - the characters react differently to events unfolding, have different personalities and such, etc...

Then again, there apparently is a NG+ benefit (presumably things like your professor level and maybe a few stat boosts/bonuses), but I don't think we know quite what that entails.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
do you basically re-start the game or is the second campaign shorter/fast-tracked because you've finished the game once?

As far as I can tell you basically start over, yeah. I don't think you can skip the first few hours like in Fates.

But you can automate some school stuff.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still liking how armoured knight really looks and feels like a person in a huge arse armor this time. ^^

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
You can even get different outcomes with one playthrough.

Given you're probably not going to be rushing through this massive game in four days like me, that 200-hour figure will likely ring true for you. The first house storyline took me around 45 hours to finish, and I imagine the next two will be closer to 60. Then I need to go back and make some different decisions with the first house. And maybe the other two, if they're as divergent as the first? (Pro tip: Use multiple save slots to guarantee you can revisit those big decisions. I did not do this, so will have to start from scratch.)

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't like how they focused too much on romance after those, i felt like every character i interacted with was only interested in flirting, which made the games lose part of their magic and political war story to me. but it seems I'm in the minority here. anyway with Three Houses it seems they have done it right this time and there is a lot more to the story/lore/characters than romance!
I am ok with both, but I do hope the next game is more like Tellius and dont have romance, we dont need romance in every game

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I've never played a Fire Emblem game and used permadeath but do these games generally have a "graveyard" style thing to show the warriors you've lost? Kinda like Xcom?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Loving all of these impressions and I cant wait for this game! Trying my best not to read any preview or watch any videos to avoid spoilers.

Fulluphigh

Oct 31, 2017
You really have to wonder what happened to her, to make her so afraid of other people.

Oh, god. So for those of us who have ever seen literally any trope before in our entire lives, I wonder if there will be anything interesting in these character stories, or the same bland retreads?

Fire Emblem: Three Houses does a much better job at balancing the horny anime wife simulator of Fates and Awakening with the serious, puzzle-y tactical combat that drew in fans of the early games.

I'm out. My hype was hopelessly extinguished after they told us you would be a teacher and I knew you would be inevitably romancing your students in a way only Japan wouldn't find creepy, but it never came up, and I started to acquire hype again, one quanta at a time.

So much for that. Thank you IS for more waifu trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.