• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I've never played a Fire Emblem game and used permadeath but do these games generally have a "graveyard" style thing to show the warriors you've lost? Kinda like Xcom?
Typically what happens is when they do the endings for the characters during the credits anybody who died has their ending replaced with something like "X died in chapter y".

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a Fire Emblem game and used permadeath but do these games generally have a "graveyard" style thing to show the warriors you've lost? Kinda like Xcom?

I think the vast majority of people restart the fight if thery lose someone, judging by the threads for the previous games

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
RIP PAPA

5eIWBi6.jpg

mFAcNt0.jpg

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Previous games don't have that just something similar at the end, although it does have a feature where you can redo some turns, like if any of your characters die you won't have to do the whole battle again just rewind a few turns and start over you have limited rewinds per battle but it's enough.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
No problem once you promoted to Fortress Knight / General. ^^

Honestly one of the biggest issues with armor knights is that traditionally, a lot of maps don't seem to be 'built' for them - often there isn't really a 'good' chokepoint option for you (as the aggressor) want to take - and the movement range (or lack thereof) means they're otherwise always playing catch up.

There are a couple games where there are some good defensive maps, but without the boots item, generals will often just be too slow to get to the party.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's ever happening again tbh. Romance is a huge part of Fire Emblem's modern identity and was one of the reasons Awakening saved the franchise.
I dont think that is that important, specially when they still released SoV after the 3DS games
I think casual mode was much more important

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I am ok with both, but I do hope the next game is more like Tellius and dont have romance, we dont need romance in every game

Unfortunately i don't think we will get something like PoR/RD ever again until there is a remake or port. the series is moving away slowly from that structure of linear progression with battles and story sections in between, and its obvious the dating sim elements are a very big part of the appeal.
at least, there will be remakes to satisfy old fans of the series like Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, god. So for those of us who have ever seen literally any trope before in our entire lives, I wonder if there will be anything interesting in these character stories, or the same bland retreads?

I'm out. My hype was hopelessly extinguished after they told us you would be a teacher and I knew you would be inevitably romancing your students in a way only Japan wouldn't find creepy, but it never came up, and I started to acquire hype again, one quanta at a time.

So much for that. Thank you IS for more waifu trash.

You cant romance your students until after the timeskip tho so you are not a teacher and they arent students. Plus you will probably will be killing those you dont romace anyways lmao

spartan112g

Banned
May 5, 2018
My only gripe right now is that the game still looks absolutely disgusting in its art style and menus. Other then that, I'm interested since Awakening was my favorite Fire Emblem.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's been (yet) specifically stated, but I would imagine you re-start the whole game - the characters react differently to events unfolding, have different personalities and such, etc...

Then again, there apparently is a NG+ benefit (presumably things like your professor level and maybe a few stat boosts/bonuses), but I don't think we know quite what that entails.
As far as I can tell you basically start over, yeah. I don't think you can skip the first few hours like in Fates.

But you can automate some school stuff.
You can even get different outcomes with one playthrough.
hm... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing then. this will be my first FE and i think i'd want to see all that there is to the story, but looks like that would take a ridiculously long time. i was hoping there would be some way to fast forward through some stuff after you've finished the game once.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dancers now wield magic, okay. It's pretty late in the class video, are they a master class now?

E: LOL default Lord class has only sword and lance? That's like only Dimitri's default weapon. Strange, since Edelgard and Claude are seen with some legendary axe and bow.

Honestly one of the biggest issues with armor knights is that traditionally, a lot of maps don't seem to be 'built' for them - often there isn't really a 'good' chokepoint option for you (as the aggressor) want to take - and the movement range (or lack thereof) means they're otherwise always playing catch up.

There are a couple games where there are some good defensive maps, but without the boots item, generals will often just be too slow to get to the party.

All IS needs to do is to take some skills from FEH into Three Houses. Something like Armor March, or Guidance that enables them to get to their target faster.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately i don't think we will get something like PoR/RD ever again until there is a remake or port. the series is moving away slowly from that structure of linear progression with battles and story sections in between, and its obvious the dating sim elements are a very big part of the appeal.
at least, there will be remakes to satisfy old fans of the series like Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
How can they know without trying? Also Conquest was very linear and is the most popular route of Fates

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Umm guys, if you watch the opening and stop around 3:03 and 3:04, you see futuristic/modern skyscrapers...is this a hint to TMS or something else entirely?

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am happy to see that this Fire Emblem is so gay.

It's SO gay guys.

Chaotic bisexial ENERGY, GO!

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
The previews have been very positive so far. Already have the game preloaded so I'm ready to go

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Umm guys, if you watch the opening and stop around 3:03 and 3:04, you see futuristic/modern skyscrapers...is this a hint to TMS or something else entirely?
Either something else or just generic time stuff. Remember, Atlus co-owns TMS so they would need to be at least credited with anything that uses stuff from it but Atlus isn't involved with Three Houses at all.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Dancers now wield magic, okay. It's pretty late in the class video, are they a master class now?

E: LOL default Lord class has only sword and lance? That's like only Dimitri's default weapon. Strange, since Edelgard and Claude are seen with some legendary axe and bow.

All IS needs to do is to take some skills from FEH into Three Houses. Something like Armor March, or Guidance that enables them to get to their target faster.
Armor March/Guidance wouldn't work nearly as well in a regular FE game (fliers are gonna be running way ahead, sticking two armors next to each other is much more restraining when they can move a lot more)

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
hm... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing then. this will be my first FE and i think i'd want to see all that there is to the story, but looks like that would take a ridiculously long time. i was hoping there would be some way to fast forward through some stuff after you've finished the game once.
You can sim all the school elements at least so that can be faster, you could also do multiple save files before making decisions the second playthroughs should be faster if you just want the story i think.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Armor March/Guidance wouldn't work nearly as well in a regular FE game (fliers are gonna be running way ahead, sticking two armors next to each other is much more restraining when they can move a lot more)

Area of effect of course has to be improved for this game, that's certain. Does Three Houses have the Evacuate/Pair Up mechanic from earlier games? Could be another good way of getting slower units to the front.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You aren't locked into weapons a class is proficient in, so Edelgard can still use an axe as a lord

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
RIP PAPA

5eIWBi6.jpg

mFAcNt0.jpg
Ah crap, I accidentally pressed and saw your comment lol. It's a tradition but I still wish I hadn't seen it. At this point I feel like there will be no more surprises left with the amount of footage they are showing...or am I being too pessimistic?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ah crap, I accidentally pressed and saw your comment lol. It's a tradition but I still wish I hadn't seen it. At this point I feel like there will be no more surprises left with the amount of footage they are showing...or am I being too pessimistic?

If it's from the intro, then yeah you are being a bit pessimistic

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Then they need to patch the class descriptions, as the one for Lord acutally says: "... excels at wielding a sword". Not that Lord prevents one from getting the highest weapon level for other weapons then.
Aside from magic to an extent, no weapons are class locked, you can use any weapon in any class, some are just presumably better with the stuff the class specializes in to some extent

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, intro? Its THAT early lol?

Don't think it's going to be much later story wise than ... let say Greil bites the dust in PoR.

Aside from magic to an extent, no weapons are class locked, you can use any weapon in any class, some are just presumably better with the stuff the class specializes in to some extent

Thanks, good to hear. But maybe they really should change the descriptions, indicating that other weapons are still possible and that the prominent weapon only has some higher starting value or whatever.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
There are probably tons of surprises left, you're being a bit pessimistic.
That spoiler was literally rumored since day one, since you can't have Fire Emblem without that tradition.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
There are probably tons of surprises left, you're being a bit pessimistic.
That spoiler was literally rumored since day one, since you can't have Fire Emblem without that tradition.
considering the Engadget preview there is a ton we haven't been spoiled on. Its weird that Engadget is the only outlet that actually beat the game or even got a significant way into the game. Everyone else is barely halfway through pre-timeskip

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
considering the Engadget preview there is a ton we haven't been spoiled on. Its weird that Engadget is the only outlet that actually beat the game or even got a significant way into the game. Everyone else is barely halfway through pre-timeskip
I mean by all accounts its a long game even for one route, and engadget even said they were kind of rushing it

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Previous games don't have that just something similar at the end, although it does have a feature where you can redo some turns, like if any of your characters die you won't have to do the whole battle again just rewind a few turns and start over you have limited rewinds per battle but it's enough.
Long gone are the days of restarting an entire level because the enemy got a really lucky crit.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
lmao that spoiler was like..
who didnt think that would happen. its FE.
what would be suprising if it the oposite had been confirmed.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
By the way, I noticed there is no footage of handheld gameplay at all, are we going to get any?

Status
Not open for further replies.