• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How will FE:TH do on MC?

• 100-95

• 94-90

• 89-85

• 84-80

• 75-79

• Bomba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
New Classes:
Falcon Knight: Sword, Lances, Flying, can use canto
Wyvern Lord: Axes, Lances, Flying, can use canto
Mortal Savant: Black Magic, Swords
Great Knight: Axes, Lances, Heavy Armor, can use canto
Bow Knight: Bows, Lances, Riding, can use canto
Holy Knight: White Magic, Lances, Riding, can use canto
Dark Knight: Black Magic, Lances, Riding, can use canto
War Master: Axes, Gauntlets
Gremory: Black and White Magic
Dancer: Sword, Autrhority, is also able to use magic but isnt proficient at it

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
They did really try tho? One was a GC game and the other got no marketing
I agree but in their eyes they did probably consider that a valid reason,but it's not the end of the world we probably won't get a game like that until a remake but if a remake does end up being succesful it will be reincorporated to the main series, the succes of the remakes will tell.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
RIP PAPA

5eIWBi6.jpg

mFAcNt0.jpg

you know what will be interesting?
what excuse the games gives
on why mc cant just rewind their father death

New Classes:

Oh right.. Canto is back. I missed that skill a lot. Awakening's Galeforce was the closest thing to it and it was super fun

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
considering the Engadget preview there is a ton we haven't been spoiled on. Its weird that Engadget is the only outlet that actually beat the game or even got a significant way into the game. Everyone else is barely halfway through pre-timeskip
gonna guess Mr. Engadget guy is better at the game, hence saying he regretted starting on normal mode

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I agree but in their eyes they did probably consider that a valid reason,but it's not the end of the world we probably won't get a game like that until a remake but if a remake does end up being succesful it will be reincorporated to the main series, the succes of the remakes will tell.
Hopefully with the popularity of Ike and other Tellius characters in FEH it means the futures will sell a lot and they will reconsider

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
New Classes:

That's waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much Canto for my liking.

But it's truly like the Jugdral games, fat focus on mounted units.

Shock?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Three bi dudes is better than one, but it's still lame that it's not even balanced with the female same sex option. (And that both are absolutely clobbered by the amount of straight options.)

I have absolutely no interest in Linhardt, so I hope the other two guys are more interesting. Please leak them ASAP.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh right.. Canto is back. I missed that skill a lot. Awakening's Galeforce was the closest thing to it and it was super fun
Rewind is limited in how much you can use it, and you'd still need to be able to actually stop the cause of death. Plus it might have range limitations, and even if it didn't, if Byleth is too far to actually get there in time then no amount of rewinding will help

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I love how the game follows what Echoes did with the classes, the armors/designs look more realistic and elegant, I hope they keep the crazy stuff for the top-tier classes that surely will be revealed as post-timeskip exclusive.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Rewind is limited in how much you can use it, and you'd still need to be able to actually stop the cause of death. Plus it might have range limitations, and even if it didn't, if Byleth is too far to actually get there in time then no amount of rewinding will help

this is what im hoping, but considering that the intro actually shows
a present day building, timetravel probably doenst have many limitations for mc. or maybe it has limitations at that point in the game. i hope that present day tease pays off!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this is what im hoping, but considering that the intro actually shows
a present day building, timetravel probably doenst have many limitations for mc. or maybe it has limitations at that point in the game. i hope that present day tease pays off!
We know that as a mechanic you can only rewind in a battle a given number of times. It's also not free time travel since everyone, including the person who used the ability, is reset back to the time specified with the only thing be gained seemingly being knowledge for the rewinder

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm avoiding previews for the most part. Just two more weeks until I see it for myself!

Fulluphigh

Oct 31, 2017
You cant romance your students until after the timeskip tho so you are not a teacher and they arent students. Plus you will probably will be killing those you dont romace anyways lmao

Interesting. That makes it.... less creepy? I guess there's what, only a big age difference that way? Stiiiill kinda feels pretty creepy.

Also, has anybody seen the "tea' scene described in engadget's preview, the replaced the petting?

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
This is mostly me. I just like to see that they're positive. I've only read one full preview.

It's so hard not to watch the opening cinematic everyone is reacting to.

the intro pretty much sets ups the tone of the game. its definitely not something I would have expected coming from the last few games (specially after fates)
watching the intro is a great way to get hyped, but it may make the wait for the release day much much harder haha

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
In the Gameinformer preview they have the full Ferdinand and Bernadetta C support. I'm glad almost everyone likes the characters so far, it seems the writing will be a strong point for the game

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Claude isnt even confirmed tho, so you are looking at the opposite scenario, fbyleth with 3 choices and mbyleth with none
I suppose that out of two at least one would be available.. otherwise it would really a strange decision!

About the poll, I read some reviews in my mother language and they are highliting the "poor" graphics saying that "it is quite underdeveloped from the technical point of view". It won't get above 90 because of this, and honestly it doesn't mind, but this makes me think that the continuous race towards the best graphics isn't something so valuable, because there is something more important. In ten years' time we won't remember any graphics (even the most stunning ones on PC), but we will remember if a gameplay was fun or not.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is mostly me. I just like to see that they're positive. I've only read one full preview.

It's so hard not to watch the opening cinematic everyone is reacting to.
Yeah, I've only read one preview and watched the cinematic. I'm doing my best to stay clean, otherwise. All of the positivity is really encouraging, though!

Fulluphigh

Oct 31, 2017
Byleth is around the same age as the students. No big age difference at all

Oh... what? Ok, I'm sorry lol, I've tried to avoid story spoilers in case it really didn't gross me out. How is the MC a teacher/professor whatever then? Just a prodigy delivered from the gods to teach their peers to be knights?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh... what? Ok, I'm sorry lol, I've tried to avoid story spoilers in case it really didn't gross me out. How is the MC a teacher/professor whatever then? Just a prodigy delivered from the gods to teach their peers to be knights?
They're the son or daughter of a prominent former member of the Church's elite Knights, and after a strange incident on the road ends up at the monastery with their father and get given a job.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Byleth's father was a previous Knight of the church. Thus, once the church finds out you and your dad have rescued the students at the beginning of the game, they decide to appoint you as a teacher due to your skills and deeds. To my understand this is all information you can find on the official Fire Emblem website, so it certainly isn't a big spoiler.

The only thing we've seen so far that might be creepy is the tea time, and even that seems to be a good step forward from previous games. Your assumptions about the game are causing you to see as much more creepy than it actually is.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

the MC seems to be some sort of chosen one with a particular power. one of the things this power does is that it allows them to rewind time/turns in battle even in clasic mode (just like Mila's Turnwheel in SoV), so you can just redo turns that lead to a bad outcome.

So yeah. probably that, but I wouldnt be surprised that there is a lot more going on for the MC

Edit: Not actually a spoiler unless you have been avoiding oficial media
the most likely reason for the academy stuff is so you get time to familiarize with the factions before choosing one. Fates had 6 chapters dedicated to that, i think 3 for each side? but it wasnt nowhere near enough to choose really.

Last edited:

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Yeahhh that opening cutscene was more intense than expected @_@

Previews are sounding quite positive! I just preloaded the game so I don't even know why I'm reading them anymore though >.< Might as well just go into it blind now!

Fulluphigh

Oct 31, 2017
They're the son or daughter of a prominent former member of the Church's elite Knights, and after a strange incident on the road ends up at the monastery with their father and get given a job.
Byleth's father was a previous Knight of the church. Thus, once the church finds out you and your dad have rescued the students at the beginning of the game, they decide to appoint you as a teacher due to your skills and deeds. To my understand this is all information you can find on the official Fire Emblem website, so it certainly isn't a big spoiler.
the MC seems to be some sort of chosen one with a particular power. one of the things this power does is that it allows them to rewind time/turns in battle even in clasic mode (just like Mila's Turnwheel in SoV), so you can just redo turns that lead to a bad outcome.

So yeah. probably that, but I wouldnt be surprised that there is a lot more going on for the MC

Aaaah got it, thanks all! That does make it less creepy, especially if it's all "post time skip" when the MC is no longer a teacher.

Now just need deets on the tea scene. And maybe confirmation that there are no romancable lolis...

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
Spanish previews are extremely positive, one said this is going to be the next botw for the fire emblem series and other that is a GOTY contender for 2019.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

We dont know yet, I believe, but the game even made a point of Byleth learning from other teachers how to be a better instructor a system in the gameplay since they have no experience whatsoever in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.