• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are your final predictions for this highly anticipated title?

• 96-100

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • 91-95 (Same as Awakening)

Votes: 236 35.4%
  • 86-90 (Same as Fates)

Votes: 303 45.5%
  • 81-85

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • 76-80

Votes: 9 1.4%
  • 75 or below

Votes: 14 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
1wXGGHI.jpg

OMSWP17.png

tBvP4S8.png

USGamer: 4.5/5
Fire Emblem: Three Houses soars on to Switch with a fully-realized school setting, deep character customization, and multiple full-length campaigns. While it loses momentum in the second half, it still manages to come off as a striking reinvention of the well-worn Fire Emblem formula. That makes its first real console appearance in more than a decade a triumph.

Destructoid: 9.5/10
A hallmark of excellence. There may be flaws, but they are negligible and won't cause massive damage.

God is a Geek: 8.5/10
An engaging story and superb battle system keeps you coming back hour after hour, but Three Houses suffers from a lack of variety in the RPG sections.

TheSixthAxis: 9/10
With the Switch's delightful dual abilities, Three Houses fittingly bookends the series' triumphant run on the 3DS and becomes the first big-screen outing in over a decade. It also surpasses them all. A masterpiece of strategy, story-telling and intertwining relationships, Three Houses deserves to make Intelligent Systems a household name.

Nintendo Enthusiast: 9.5/10
I have never beaten a sixty-hour game and immediately wanted to jump back in for round two. Fire Emblem: Three Houses pulls you in with its rock-solid grid-based combat. But it keeps you invested by offering rich characters, deep squad customization, and an enthralling story that keeps you guessing. It's is easily the best RPG of 2019—so far.

Gameblog.fr: 9/10
Like every massive monument, Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been built slowly, but surely. The candid though deep links established in the monastery, theatre of a true student life with plentiful lessons and occupations, are used to express the canevas' dramatic intent, exceptionally dark. And this dense universe features an unprecedented scope, also displayed by the scale of battles lead in unison on large maps, resolutely overpopulated. Then the accent put on human relations and the natural, if not organic aspect of the peregrinations resulting from the gameplay evolutions almost appear to push the tactical dimension into the background. This episode is nonetheless based on its imposing heritage of principles, wisely refined to make the whole experience more coherent. Never did the series deploy such opulence, while giving the choice to discover the extent of its richness freely, whatever one's teaching implication degree. A long-term work anyway, accomplished by the masterful triple hands of Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Nintendo. In a word, grandiose.

Critical Hit: 9/10
Fire Emblem: Three Houses doesn't change how it plays on the battlefield, but its greatest advancements lie in the moments between the horror of war. The bonds forged between comrades in arms, the drive to really get to know the cast who you spill blood with and the opportunity to truly learn about the finality of death all combine across a vast and sweeping fantasy epic that'll leave you breathless by the time the credits finally roll.

RPG Site: 8/10
Despite some of my misgivings with the challenge available or the storyline itself, I still come away quite fond of Fire Emblem: Three Houses largely due to is characters and world. As I write this review, I am eager to return to the game to finish up the remaining routes as soon as I can get around to them.

Shacknews: 9/10
All in all, Fire Emblem: Three Houses does a great job of bringing the series to the Nintendo Switch. The graphics are fantastic, bringing the heroes to life with stunning artwork and visuals. Performance is smooth in both docked and handheld mode, allowing you to enjoy Fire Emblem in its traditional portable form, or from the comfort of your favorite spot on the couch.

COGConnected: 88/100
If you've had a Fire Emblem-shaped hole in your heart till now, Fire Emblem: Three Houses will leave you breathless, sleepless, and eager for more. I know I'll be lost in this new world for months to come.

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
That's a very nice op

I have it preordered, and I think it will get over 85% metacritic, but not as high as awakening.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really care about scores but I just really wanted to read something about this game while waiting.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I think actually reading the review is especially important in this case with what the game has going on regardings systems and all.

MC ... 90 at best, imo.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I personally think this is going to land smack dab on 90. I've dipped a bit in and out of the spoiler thread and wow, this game is shaping up to be something great. I was so lukewarm on 3H until just a few weeks ago, IntSys really did it, huh.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a real shame if it can't reach 90MC since so far with all we heard, it's way better than Awakening.
Now we don't hav the full picture, especially the after time-skip period so let's see.
Hopefully we'll some reviews mentioning the OST

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
It's finally here. I'm expecting pretty high scores across the board. I'm guessing it will get a 85-92 MC. This could be the game that catapults FE to new heights.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
91. I'd say that the big unknown in regards to this game's reception would be its story, and from what I've read of the leaks, it looks like IS really nailed it this time.