• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory generalization; user in junior phase.
I'm surprised Rhea is that low.
I thought Japan loved
super incest

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Yes, also you forgot about the word "first" in the title. People aren't calling these their favorites but what they pick on their first playthrough.
Oh yeah i see now, but is still super weird to S support her lol, maybe those people didn't have any other choice is the only thing that comes to mind.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lysithea at No.2. I'll let it slide, since i kinda liked Bernadetta too, but Petra at No.14?! Japan once again, showing their terrible taste in favorite characters.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Petra's spot in this poll is deserved tbh. Like, I know her design is fantastic, but does she really have much of a personality beyond being a foreigner who doesn't fully have the language down and sometimes doesn't understand the culture? I don't think any of her support lines made much of an impression on me.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Ugh of course Bernadetta's at the top, even after playing the game she still haunts me. Also love Dimitri and all but come on people, Claude is the clear best boi

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm really shocked that Dorothea isn't higher. There must be some noticeable difference between her Japanese and English dialogue/VA, because she seems to be really popular with Western players. I assume it's a similar deal with Petra, and the inverse for Ingrid. If this poll was done in the West, I imagine that Dorothea would be top 3 and Petra would exist somewhere in the top 10.

I also didn't know that the Japanese players liked the Gatekeeper too, at least enough to put him on a popularity poll. He probably doesn't have quite the same level of "meme" status as he does in the West (otherwise he'd be way higher), but it's still interesting to see that he was not only a choice, but actually ended up getting enough votes to have a visible ranking.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Petra's spot in this poll is deserved tbh. Like, I know her design is fantastic, but does she really have much of a personality beyond being a foreigner who doesn't fully have the language down and sometimes doesn't understand the culture? I don't think any of her support lines made much of an impression on me.

This is kind of how I feel about Petra. Great unit and design, but she's definitely in the bottom-tier in terms of personality. She's pretty boring, which is shocking considering how interesting a concept she has.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Regardless on my feelings on Ignatz>>>>>>Cyril character wise, I gotta agree with the rest of the list. Especially the top 3 on both lists.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Not surprised Bernie and Lysithea top a Japanese poll, or that the boys of Otome house are doing well. Dedue should be higher, though.

Good to see that Edelgard still holding on strong in the top 5, given that she's cast in a role that's controversial by design, especially if you play only one route.

Add me to the chorus saying Petra and Dorothea got done dirty. They should both be way, way higher.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, even Japan and I don't agree lol.

Don't know hardly anything of the males so can't comment there but the list is almost completely reversed as far as how I feel about them.

Well aside from Ingrid, I adore her and am super happy to see her place so high.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, i idnt expext Lysithea to blow up like that
ofcourse, she is best girl after all

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Wow... Linhardt, Ashe, and Petra need way more love than that Famitsu readers. For shame!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, japan loves their tropes i see.

Dorothea and Petra deserved top spots, with Edelgard and Shamir.

Dedue too. And Claude and Dimitri should be swapped.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so we have the shy girl, loli girl, and big boobs girl as frontrunners? why am I not surprised lol

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Petra definitely deserves better. The real one getting robbed here though is Hanneman. He's a pretty likable dude and has some sweet supports. Can hold his own in battle as well. #JusticeforHanneman

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Petra deserves better

i80pvo0yrhd31.png

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Leonie is the best and only people of culture realize this truth!
Sorry can't hear you over the "Jeralt is amazing and btw you suck as a son/daughter." She makes a hella good falcon knight though, so she's got that going for her.

Fan of some of the higher ones but Petra and poor Annette being so low hurts my soul.

Lyndis Lorca

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy that my choice in supports lines up with Japan for once. When you remove Bernadette and Edelgard (haven't done a BE playthrough yet), my personal "S Rank" chart would follow Lysithea > Hilda > Ingrid > Mercedes exactly.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Bernadetta, Edelgard and Lysithea in the top 5 and Ferdinand in the top 5 as well.
A blessed poll.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised Otaku bait won for female side.
But seriously, Male side is pretty damn good.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Don't get why so many people like Bernadetta so much. She's one of the most gimmicky (yeah I got her later supports) and she's not that good in combat either. Yeah I'm salty she beat Edelgard when the latter is one of the best characters in the series. But Japanese polls in general have surprised me for this game.

Will be interesting to see what happens in CYL.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017