• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shun

876PRO
Oct 25, 2017
vrOFICS.png

aSiZq7D.png

Platform:
Nintendo Switch/New Nintendo 3DS
Release Date:
September 28 (JP) / October 20 (NA/EU/AU)
Price:
Nintendo Switch (7800円/USD$59.99/CAD$79.99/AUD$89.95/EUR€59.99/GBP£49.99)
New Nintendo 3DS (6,800円/USD$39.99/CAD$49.99/AUD$59.95/EUR€39.99/GBP£39.99)
Genre:
Action
Developer:
Omega Force/Team Ninja
Publisher:
Koei Tecmo Games
Size:
~13GB/~2GB

amiibo compatibility:
All Fire Emblem Series amiibo are compatible with the game.
You are allowed 5 scans a day, with each scan unlocking a weapon for you to use.

5yh8qV.png

A gate to a new world opens and a dark, looming shadow casts over the Kingdom of Aitris. The queen dies, and her two blonde siblings, Shion and Lien, meet strangers from a new world to go protect and reclaim their home from darkness. They have a Fire Emblem, and meet people with their own Fire Emblem, and their 5 different Falchions, and all these people are somehow related to each other but they transcend time to go help these blonde children and...

You know what it is a fanservice game.

PVyOkuT.png

Typical Musou series gameplay. You traverse a map and go take on objectives, whether it is defeat an enemy, save an ally, defeat x amount of enemies, etc.

Except, this game has a Fire Emblem twist to it.

Just like in the Fire Emblem franchise, you are able to employ your tactics to go help those blonde children. You can send your allies to go to a certain point and objective on the map, and even switch between characters in real time!

Maps will have gimmicks that may require the special help from your mounted allies, like Sheeda. The in game battle manu will allow you to customize your unit weapons and placements, as if you are really dictating the tides of battle.
ss07.jpg

Other than that you pretty much stun and beat up enemies on the battlefield through a series of mashing X and Y buttons. Occasionally you will do extra damage for a critical hit!

Just keep mashing permutations of X and Y until you fill up your Awakening Gauge to power up and unleash your Ougi on everyone.
ss17.jpg

If you're intimate with your ally you can go up to them and double up. They may even team up with you for dual attacks, or take a lethal hit with dual guard.

If you're REALLY intimate, you can go unleash a dual ougi.
ss16.jpg

Do your best to be intimate with your own allies as there are special bonuses and events to share if you work your hardest! But if you allow them to be defeated, your ally won't be able to participate in the next battle. So be sure to take care of your friends.
ss26.jpg

So keep training and getting stronger, eventually you will get stronger and upgrade your class through master proofs.
ss22.jpg

You will also be able to go relive past Fire Emblem moments in History Mode. Take on missions in familiar maps in the series with full voice acting.
ss24.jpg

h8uQXz.png

qYdT2g.png

There will be add on content consisting of 3 separate DLC packs, all representing different games in the series with maps and characters in each.

Fire Emblem If - 1,400円
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light - 1,400円
Fire Emblem Awakening - 1,400円

For those who buy the entire season pass, it will cost 3,000円/$19.99/€19.99.
It will include all 3 DLC packs at a reduced price, as well as a special Lucina Bride Costume
img_pack.png

Maybe we will get more DLC in the future!

L8aFMUg.png

Where the hell is... Too many... Anna su...

If you want to act like a spoiled child you can go do that somewhere else.

It is a musou game I mean it is pretty straightforward.
Spoiler the story content as needed until the wider release next month.
We finally have a musou game with Fire Emblem characters. Let's keep the discussion to the gameplay.

re all saves compatible with one another on the Switch? As in, if I get the Japanese version now and pick up the English version next month, would I be able to continue from where I stopped in the Japanese version?
No, like Splatoon 2, the game will have a different SKU for the eShop. But the JP copy version does have Chinese, so if you can read Chinese you can play it 1 month in advance.

Opening Cutscene

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Story today and it is an amazing game! Refined the Hyrule Warriors mechanics.

Are there enough master seals (proofs) for every character?

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Only six hours in, but really enjoying my time. With this and Mario this weekend, it's going to be fun.

Rowan is lame though. I know the angle they're going for, but yeesh, he is a walking cliche.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Started this a bit ago this week and been playing a few chapters. Been enjoying it a bit, but I may sit on it a bit with me having Odyssey coming in and just getting into Chaos;Child.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Any tips for using the pegasus units? I see that they can fly in the air for a while but I don't get how to make use of it other than hitting Strong Attack to crash right back down. Can I juggle enemies in the air for a long period using this somehow?

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I think this is a pretty sweet warriors game so far, I like the visuals and it's nice to get more screen time for some of these chars. Gameplay is solid. That being said, I hated the English dub. Not super important, but it sure was grating at first.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
This is my first Musou game and I'm really enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would! It's very flashy and chaotic, but directing your troops around the battlefield and jumping in yourself in key positions is just tactical enough to make it feel like Fire Emblem.

And I absolutely love how Frederick will endlessly drag enemies around with him as he's galloping from one spot to another.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yes, it's back! So much happened since last week, in short I'm working toward unique weapons, tried to get Anna but Lissa got one-shotted at level 80 so I'll wait a bit, haha.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't expect to love this game as much as I do. Finished the story and now I'm trying to figure out what characters I like the most.

Any favorites?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my copy to arrive. Reading all the impressions is making the wait painful.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Story Mode and I'm almost done cleaning up the rest of Anna's second Mementos. Really just an overall solid improvement on Hyrule Warriors, even if the movesets are a little less varied overall at least there's no outright stinkers like Agitha. History Mode + the DLC should last me quite a while.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
For anyone who's just starting out with the game, I wrote a Beginner's Guide you can check outhere.

Personally, I think I'll probably prefer Hyrule Warriors in the end but this is a solid entry. Juuuust about to unlock Lyn!

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, still waiting for my copy to arrive and it's getting dangerously close to Odyssey.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I was so bummed that the game came out right as GAF exploded. I couldn't talk with anyone about it and there was almost no coverage of the game out there.

I'm up to the last chapter, and I've had a lot more fun with this game than I expected. The fact that some of the characters are clones is diminished somewhat by the weapon triangle (+ magic/bow counters), pairing up, and the ability to change between up to 4 characters in a battle. That and the AI can actually accomplish tasks you ask them to do assuming they're reasonable.

Big improvement over Hyrule Warriors in a lot of ways! Now I just wish they'd hurry up with the DLC schedule. No Tharja until the end of March is a crime. I'm hoping we'll get a 2nd wave with more playable types of units (ground heavily armored maybe?) or that would give clone characters unique movesets.

Supersnazzi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I honestly didn't expect to love this game as much as I do. Finished the story and now I'm trying to figure out what characters I like the most.

Any favorites?
I really like Chrom, Xander, and Ryoma. Marth aint half bad either I guess haha.

Edit: I am however upset that you cannot A+ rank Xander with Lianna. :( I paired with him for so long and then A ranked him and was like "What, A?" and then I noticed in the menu where you can check ranks he was only able to go to A. I wanted A+ dang it!

I really enjoyed this game though. I'm super busy with classes right now so I tried my best to finish it quickly, that and Mario on Friday of course.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stop playing this game. Finished the story mode and immediately started history mode. The presentation is so slick.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been busy this past few days and missed continue playing this. So I encountered a bug during one chapter when I finished it and no character portrait showed during the rewards display. It didn't let me continue afterwards and reset the whole game and chapter lol.

BTW, Camilla is the best character to control in this game. Such a fun moveset.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Can someone explain me, why I can't revive allies at the temple? It just shows me blessings. I finished story already and have some dead...
You need to collect more of Anna's shop probably. I unlocked reviving allies around chapter 13-14 of the story with every single story mission completed with Anna.

You can see from story view if you missed Anna on any of the chapters; go back and play them in Free Mode and get 1000 kills and go to her shop to get them.

Deleted member 4208

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First, great to be here!

I'm really enjoying the game. The preview at E3 actually turned me off the game a little bit as it looked a little too generic (not at stylized as Hyrule Warriors) and they hadn't shown too many characters yet. But the gameplay is much better than Hyrule Warriors, I think. There's much more strategy involved and the AI is actually competent and can get stuff done like defeating enemies and capturing forts. Overall I'm pleasantly surprised!

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly playing coop with this game is so fun. My friend rented it so now we are playing coop on my switch and I'm not gonna buy this game next week. Soooooooo good and fun!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've been happily surprised by the History mode so far, even when you complete a map it feel like there is still a lot to do.

Casualmom

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I am into this game and its cool and good. Just unlocked Ryoma so thats gunna be my dude now. Haven't even dipped into history mode yet.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone tell me how many chapters there are trying to wrap up altleast story mode before odyssey on friday

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville, Kentucky
This is easily my favorite of the recent Musou games, gameplay-wise. Super satisfying to play. Not quite Gundam Musou 3, but it's awful damn close.

I just beat the story mission where you recruit Corrin
and spend much of the early mission being chased by an overly powerful Ryoma/Xander/Corrin trio
. It was actually kind of stressful, very rare for these games. I LOVED IT.

Oct 25, 2017
This game has grabbed me so much more then either incarnation of Hyrule Warriors did. The mechanics of Fire Emblem seem much more natural when merged with the Musou gameplay. Being able to direct my allies here or there to have a strategic advantage in combat or to keep my flying units away from archers just works so well. A real shame this came out a week before Mario. I will eventually do much more with this game but getting as far as I can in story mode and unlocking characters is my goal before Mario on Friday.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I never played a Fire Emblem game actually. But im loving the game and characters a lot and its been making me think of picking up the 3ds titles.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice on building good weapons? I've been selling mostly everything so far, but I assume there are certain skills I want to stockpile.

I'm also looking for a map that is especially good for leveling units.

Last edited:

The Giant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing this a week before mario was a bad idea, should have arrived at least early october. Feels like i'm rushing the game.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Lissa is the best. Also I'm really looking forward to Oboro in December so that I can play a spear user that is less floaty.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
This game menus are kinda infuriating. I like the gameplay just fine, but it's a pain keeping every character up-to-date. Too many damn screens to navigate instead of having them all in one nice tidy place. I don't remember being this annoyed with Hyrule Warriors and other series for some reasons.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This game menus are kinda infuriating. I like the gameplay just fine, but it's a pain keeping every character up-to-date. Too many damn screens to navigate instead of having them all in one nice tidy place. I don't remember being this annoyed with Hyrule Warriors and other series for some reasons.

It was exactly the same in HW. In fact I think it was worse b/c the load times seemed longer (whether they were or not they felt longer to me).

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
can anyone tell me how many chapters there are trying to wrap up altleast story mode before odyssey on friday
I believe there are
20/21 chapters with the last one being a boss-only or something.

I think it's the fact that I ended up with like a dozen characters so soon, compared to like 5 characters after playing for hours in Hyrule Warriors.
That's true, and a major difference to HW especially at the time the game released.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to beat the final chapter today and this game is damn good. Lots of grinding and gameplay ahead of me. Probably going to go back to this game quite a bit. Still missing some characters.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this game on a whim but I haven't opened it yet. To be completely honest, I have no idea if I'll like it. I like Fire Emblem a lot and the only exposure I've had to Musou games was on PS2 when I rented Samurai Warriors when I was 13 or 14 years old.