• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
DVcQ-DmV4AA1ToF.jpg

33894ee8b7f94c6205f0a3956b33e4fc.jpg

• Linde, Navarre, and Minerva join the fray.
  • Four new costumes for Lyn, Caeda, Marth, and Tiki.
  • New weapon skills and blessings.
  • Level cap boosted to 130.
  • Three new history maps.
  • Exclusive new weapon for Caeda.
  • Launches February 15th.
More here: https://serenesforest.net/2018/02/07/shadow-dragon-dlc-information-surfaces-last/

Personal thoughts, think Minerva and the new costumes look great and unique, but..what is going on with Linde. It looks like her model is unfinished...

Also think that given this comes out next week, we'll see Awakening in early to middle next month, so they can have some time to advertise Hyrule Warriors.

Nov 13, 2017
Love Marth's costume! Unfortunately I dropped this game like a rock. I under estimated how burnt out I was from 200+ hours in Hyrule Warriors.

Oct 27, 2017
I get that Marths suit is supposed to be a wedding suit but am I the only one who finds it kind of unfitting? No one in the Fire Emblem universe ever wore clothes that look this modern.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's less so the pose and more so how they defined it, like compared to Minerva and Navarre it looks like she's lacking definition and detail.
I guess I'm confused on how you see that. To me, it looks like they gave Linde the same attention to detail as the other characters. It's just that her dress is far less intricate than something like Minerva's armor.

Jan 7, 2018
The Shadow Dragon characters look great, specially Minerva.
Shadow Dragon is one of my favorites... This almost makes me want to get the game.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
Do we know if Linde and Minerva are clones?

AFAIK Navarre was one, right? (Lyn's clone)

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading it since I bought the Season Pass, but I will absolutely go out of my way to never touch the characters as long as possible, joining the likes of Takumi and Marth.

Minerva and Navarre are definitely what I would have picked if forced to pick characters from Shadow Dragon, but the fact that Shadow Dragon was chosen still grates me greatly.

Definitely dislike Linde, though. While I dislike the entire cast of SD, she's definitely on the lower end.

And they gave the only alternate costume for a non Shadow Dragon character to Lyn, who I also hate :I

That being said, can't wait for the Awakening pack and hopefully more DLC in the future!

I don't know man, I've gotten used to Linde's art from FEH.

Full_Portrait_Linde.png
I like this look for Linde.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
FEW has bombed, though... If Hyrule Warriors performs well I can see a BOTW-based DLC pack more than another season pass for this game

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Still trying to do History Mode but I'll wait and see for what Awakening brings.

That and I feel a little irked at buying characters that are already in the game. But that's just me.

I guess wedding costumes are a huge thing in Japan?

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
FEW has bombed, though... If Hyrule Warriors performs well I can see a BOTW-based DLC pack more than another season pass for this game
Admittedly season passes can take the edge off of a bomb. If many of those that did buy the game got season passes then that's an extra $20 from a ton of people.

Cryxok

Oct 27, 2017
MĂ©xico
Cool new characters IMO. Linde's model doesn't do her any favors tho.
Still on the fence on this game. So each pack is like a $20 season pass correct? meaning that for the "full package" I'd need to buy the game and drop additional 40 for this and the Fates pack and another 20 when the Awakening pack drops?

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Still trying to do History Mode but I'll wait and see for what Awakening brings.

That and I feel a little irked at buying characters that are already in the game. But that's just me.

I guess wedding costumes are a huge thing in Japan?
Caeda has a wedding alt in Heroes, so it's probably referencing that.

I feel like Marth is referencing something, but I can't quite put my finger on what. It's not Sigurd, I compared their outfits, so I don't know. He just looks familiar outside of just being Marth.

I do hope Tiki and Caeda get personal weapons here. Tiki needs her Divinestone and Caeda needs her Wing Spear already.

Still on the fence on this game. So each pack is like a $20 season pass correct? meaning that for the "full package" I'd need to buy the game and drop additional 40 for this and the Fates pack and another 20 when the Awakening pack drops?
No, the Season Pass is for all three packs. You can buy each on their own, but it's not $20 each. More like $7-8-ish each.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Noooooooo, it's $20 for all three packs together.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good to me. I'm having an absolute blast with this game. I think the dodge canceling everything makes it more than other musous ive played. The move sets are cool too.

Noooooooo, it's $20 for all three packs together.

Wooo that's a waay better deal than I imagined. Will definitely buy the game eventually then.

There's a guy in the bst thread selling codes for $18, thats where i got mine.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Linde looks really great.
Ah, it's just so refreshing to see 3D models of non Awakening/Fates characters.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Looks good to me. I'm having an absolute blast with this game. I think the dodge canceling everything makes it more than other musous ive played. The move sets are cool too.

The Omega Force games that are co-developed with Team Ninja always have more depths to it's combat, see Hyrule Warriors and Toukiden as well. Wish this combo was done more often cause when it is, the games are great.

SoldnerKei

Oct 26, 2017
really want to try out Minerva, I enjoy playing Camilla a lot so getting another Wyvern that I like is good, as for Linde hopefully she has some unique variations on her moveset.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It didn't do Hyrule Warriors numbers, but I don't think anyone expected it to. Koei Tecmo sounded pleased with how it performed.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I really hope the movesets aren't clones, but I guess we'll see.

Not really feeling any of the costumes, either (except maybe Lyn).