• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on how to get the bathroom break trophy? No matter what I always get 100% evaluation

Also, which are the best creators to suscribe in the ps4 version?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Bought this a while ago and starting into it. It's my first time with any Fire Pro game and first wrestling game ever really. Trying to get more into wrestling in general but the last time I played any wrestling game was with my friends back in middle school who had one of the franchise ones on N64. So happy for the mission mode since it's helping me learn. Had trouble with the timing of grappling but multiple plays of the first two tutorial missions have helped me get better about the input window.

Now, however I'm stuck dead on the third tutorial: Master Rope Moves. I don't quite understand when the timing is to press an attack while running. I've done the grapple, into the whip, into the run, into pressing attack but so far I've only gotten a Perfect! once during 20 minutes of playing the tutorial despite having been able to connect an attack multiple times. Unlike with the grappling tutorial, I can't tell if I'm too early or too late on pressing the attack button. Do I press it when I'm far from the opponent or right before we're about to collide? Just can't tell.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno wtf is up with this.

Closes itself instantly after launching, doesn't even begin loading.

Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, unsubbed from everything on the workshop, deleted my save folder and turned off steam cloud.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Dunno wtf is up with this.

Closes itself instantly after launching, doesn't even begin loading.

Uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, unsubbed from everything on the workshop, deleted my save folder and turned off steam cloud.
Happened to me before. I believe it was either after a Win10 update or the game update. Try to run the Fire Pro exe as administrator. Or launch it outside of Steam by double clicking the exe.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
On PS4? Can you not download sets? Instead of one at a time? It's kinda tedious.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
New DLC looks promising. Wonder how many logos you'll be allowed? Really wish they'd up the 40 song limit for custom entrance music.

Not looking forward to spending hours re-editing all my downloaded characters to add the new features, but it'll probably happen.

Another UK gamer

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Hey all, new member here!

I am thinkingof picking this up on PS4 as it's £13.49 at the moment, my plan would be to download a ton of WWE and AEW wrestlers, rings and title belts (Assuming you can download all these creations?)

If I grab the base game, do I need to buy any of the DLC add-on's? If I don't have that Entrance Craft pack will that mean I won't be able to use some of the created content available for download?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I believe the base game only includes the NJPW content, match types, access to FPW.net etc. You would not get access to Fire Promoter, the Young Lions DLC or the upcoming new story DLC without the deluxe edition or season pass.

The Entrance Craft DLC and STARDOM DLC are extra cost and were never part of the deluxe edition.

I think if you just get the base game you won't have access to any CAW wrestlers that use parts or moves from DLC characters.

If the Deluxe edition is on sale I would recommend getting that at least for Fire Promoter and the upcoming DLC, being written by Suda 51, sounds like it could be something great and that is supposed to be included as well.

Entrance Craft does come with a few new arenas as well.

Edit: Just checked. Deluxe isn't on sale. Season pass isn't on sale. I say get the base game and Fire Promoter DLC. Wait for anything else to go on sale. You could pick up that mini expansion pack of NJPW DLC characters I guess but it's not necessary unless there is a CAW you really need the parts for.

Last edited:

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
I love the game and would advise to buy everything they've got. Some creators are good about uploading NO DLC and w/ DLC versions of their wrestlers, but you will be limited if you don't have all the DLC.

You can download just about everyone in AEW/WWE/wrestling history, and most are incredible likenesses. You can download all the individual elements of rings (aprons, mat, posts, turnbuckle pads, etc) then have to assemble the rings yourself (rope & mat colour, etc). Titles you have to make yourself, and where there are somewhat limited options they will be the least accurate of all the custom elements.

I've got a Fire Promoter campaign going as AEW, up against Raw, Smackdown, NXT, NJPW, Lucha Underground, NXT UK, MLW, NWA, ROH, Stardom and 205 Live and having all the custom logos, factions, and a bunch of authentic theme songs makes a world of difference. I still have an n64 w/ No Mercy hooked up to a perfect CRT TV and Fire Pro World is easily the greatest (wrestling) game ever. Probably too good, it can be quite a time sink.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I would wait on the STARDOM DLC as there is a 2nd one coming (not confirmed but the wrestlers who didn't make the 1st DLC were doing voice work recently). Hopefully they will bundle them together or drop the price on the 1st one.

Zero-Crescent

Oct 28, 2017
The 2020 Roadmap has been announced. Suda DLC in February, next month is another Takayama DLC (proceeds go to Takayamania), along with another wrestler pack (probably the Stardom one hinted at earlier):

This is Tomoyuki Matsumoto, director of Fire Pro Wrestling World.

I've hinted at some things on Twitter, but I'd like to take a minute to lay everything out and announce our 2020 roadmap for Fire Pro.

[COMING JANUARY 2020]

Yoshihiro Takayama Charity DLC – Part 2
This is the second charity DLC to support wrestler Yoshihiro Takayama with his rehabilitation. It contains TAKAYAMANIA-themed rings, team logos, and new edit wrestler parts (chest).

All Spike Chunsoft revenue will be donated to TAKAYAMANIA, a foundation established to help Mr. Takayama and his family.

The first charity DLC, released on December 18, 2017, has raised around 3,840,000 yen as of September 2019. Thank you for your contributions!

Additional Wrestler DLC Details
We have another batch of wrestler DLC in the works! Stay tuned for more details in January.

[COMING FEBRUARY 2020]

New Scenario Mode (Scenario by: Goichi Suda)
*Included in PlayStation®4 season pass.

Wrestler Morio Sumisu's life ended in tragedy at the height of his career. Now his son has set out on the same path of glory, but can he find a way to the top without following in his father's haunted footsteps?

I had planned to release this in 2019 but development complications have delayed it to next February. I apologize to everyone for the wait.

[COMING SPRING 2020]

Update Patch
We're working to raise the limit of edit wrestlers for PlayStation®4 sometime this spring.

Parts Craft Mode / Move Craft Mode
We've done nearly everything we can do in terms of additional content, so the final step is to give you, the player, the tools to create your own. These modes allow you to make custom wrestler parts and wrestling moves.

These build-it-yourself modes mark the end of an era for Fire Pro. We're using the time remaining to work on game balance, bug fixes, and improving the quality of the DLC.

Thank you for your continued support and patience and I'll see you in 2020!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This game is near perfection, except for the striking. I hate it so much :(

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017

Translation: Earlier, the second player from the Fiplo World x Stardom Collaboration DLC was announced.

But this time, it 's not just the players! What ...

Referee Murayama Daisaku also participated in the war! ! !

We've also included a voice so please look forward to it!

Last edited:

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017

The next batch of Stardom Wrestlers

352e75dd02516bbe03f684266ef42c11.png

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I've downloaded several AEW referees and for some odd reason they are not appearing under the referee option when selecting a ref for the match. What am I doing wrong and I am on PC BTW. I have all of the DLC, except for the entrance craft which I might just end up getting since there doesn't seem to be a sale on these on the PC right now at least. The PS4 has all of the DLC on sale this week. I have it on both the PS4 and PC, gotta love good old FPW.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Circling this game on the psn Japan sale. Question, how difficult would it be to mod this game into a time capsule WWF golden age of late 80's? I saw an amazing tribute video titled "The Federation" that I assume is only through Steam

Is it just a case of downloading wrestlers and rings and things one by one? Haven't been into a wrestling game since the AKI days and think this could be a blast

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Circling this game on the psn Japan sale. Question, how difficult would it be to mod this game into a time capsule WWF golden age of late 80's? I saw an amazing tribute video titled "The Federation" that I assume is only through Steam

Is it just a case of downloading wrestlers and rings and things one by one? Haven't been into a wrestling game since the AKI days and think this could be a blast

it's pretty easy but a little time consuming. this is where Vita remote play is a blessing. I can do all the tedious stuff while listening to music or watching tv.

I basically have this already, plus current WWE, AEW, Attitude Era, etc.

You'll easily find very accurate 80's WWF wrestlers, ring designs, referees and logo's on the official sharing site (I've made many of the logos myself).

You'll have to slap the rings together from the individual pieces you download (ring mat, aprons, posts and turnbuckle pads). You only have to move the wrestlers into the appropriate promotions and factions, and can assign the logos to those (adds a lot of authenticity to the presentation).

the final touch you'd have to do yourself, the game on PS4 current supports up to 40 custom themes. I trimmed most of mine from YouTube and having entrance music really makes it feel like an officially licensed game.

as a bonus you can get the promoter mode and load all your custom promotions into it and run a manager/career mode where you could pit 80's WWF against WCW, AWA or whomever.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
the final touch you'd have to do yourself, the game on PS4 current supports up to 40 custom themes. I trimmed most of mine from YouTube and having entrance music really makes it feel like an officially licensed game.

Just want to mention, since the huge update the other day, the PS4 now supports up to 1500 custom themes. Enough to max out the roster (which also has a limit of 1500 now) and give them all themes.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
It will now be a personal goal of mine to create entrances using every version of The Corre's theme songs.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Just want to mention, since the huge update the other day, the PS4 now supports up to 1500 custom themes. Enough to max out the roster (which also has a limit of 1500 now) and give them all themes.

I am far too aware of this.

I've spent most of the last week since the update half watching TV and creating entrance music MP3's for everyone (and managing my expanded roster).

I've probably got a few hundred themes now and may be able to find a way to share the mp3's with anyone who's interested. Would be happy to spare others a ridiculous amount of time/labour.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I am far too aware of this.

I've spent most of the last week since the update half watching TV and creating entrance music MP3's for everyone (and managing my expanded roster).

I've probably got a few hundred themes now and may be able to find a way to share the mp3's with anyone who's interested. Would be happy to spare others a ridiculous amount of time/labour.
What did you use to do it?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
What did you use to do it?

The simplest (and best quality method) I could find was:

• Run the audio out from my iphone to my laptop
  • Find the music I want on YouTube on my phone
  • Record the music from YouTube into Adobe Audition (i'd check the quality and ensure it was the right version), but any half-decent audio editing software should be good.
  • Most of my themes are about 1 minute, but there are quite a few that take a while to kick in so I'd let those go for 2.5 minutes or so (Jericho's Judas, Aleister Black, etc)
  • Save the edited theme as a WAV file, something simply named usually just Raven ECW, LU - Pentagon, etc
  • the BIG PROBLEM I ran into was that Fire Pro didn't recognize the files I'd exported to MP3 from Audition. I'd played around with bitrate, length, file size, etc to no success. My solution wound up saving me a lot of time overall, so it was a blessing in disguise
  • Drop all my high quality WAV files into iTunes, then use iTunes to convert the WAVs into 320kbps MP3's
  • Load them onto the USB drive in the appropriate folders and import into the game.
I'm pretty much done all of AEW, modern Raw, Smackdown, NXT and some NXT UK, NWA, Impact, Lucha Underground, ROH, MLW & NJPW. Plus a bunch of legends / Hall of Famers and select ECW & WCW wrestlers.

Then I've been dabbling a little with entrance craft to delay the timing of the wrestler entrances so more of the songs play and the music better syncs up with the pyro / entrance poses.

Helps a lot to be able to use remote play on my phone or vita to navigate all the in game menus while watching tv, because it is quite laborious even it it only takes me about 2 minutes per song to capture/edit/export.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
The simplest (and best quality method) I could find was:

• Run the audio out from my iphone to my laptop
  • Find the music I want on YouTube on my phone
  • Record the music from YouTube into Adobe Audition (i'd check the quality and ensure it was the right version), but any half-decent audio editing software should be good.
  • Most of my themes are about 1 minute, but there are quite a few that take a while to kick in so I'd let those go for 2.5 minutes or so (Jericho's Judas, Aleister Black, etc)
  • Save the edited theme as a WAV file, something simply named usually just Raven ECW, LU - Pentagon, etc
  • the BIG PROBLEM I ran into was that Fire Pro didn't recognize the files I'd exported to MP3 from Audition. I'd played around with bitrate, length, file size, etc to no success. My solution wound up saving me a lot of time overall, so it was a blessing in disguise
  • Drop all my high quality WAV files into iTunes, then use iTunes to convert the WAVs into 320kbps MP3's
  • Load them onto the USB drive in the appropriate folders and import into the game.
I'm pretty much done all of AEW, modern Raw, Smackdown, NXT and some NXT UK, NWA, Impact, Lucha Underground, ROH, MLW & NJPW. Plus a bunch of legends / Hall of Famers and select ECW & WCW wrestlers.

Then I've been dabbling a little with entrance craft to delay the timing of the wrestler entrances so more of the songs play and the music better syncs up with the pyro / entrance poses.

Helps a lot to be able to use remote play on my phone or vita to navigate all the in game menus while watching tv, because it is quite laborious even it it only takes me about 2 minutes per song to capture/edit/export.
Shit sorry that was more involved than I expected lol. I was using Audacity on PC for the PC version but couldn't get it to record audio from YouTube or anything. Luckily I have a big collection on iTunes I can use for original stuff but new wrestlers I'm shit out of luck for. I wondered if entrance craft changed the length or helped with cutting off the first second of the song or something. Sounds like the PS4 version has a couple more steps involved.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Shit sorry that was more involved than I expected lol. I was using Audacity on PC for the PC version but couldn't get it to record audio from YouTube or anything. Luckily I have a big collection on iTunes I can use for original stuff but new wrestlers I'm shit out of luck for. I wondered if entrance craft changed the length or helped with cutting off the first second of the song or something. Sounds like the PS4 version has a couple more steps involved.

If you have a second device you can plug into the PC it would make it easier to grab stuff from YouTube. There are tools to rip youtube videos as MP3's but I found that a lot more time consuming than just playing the audio off my phone and running it into the Aux input on my laptop.

I've got a pretty big collection of stuff all ready to go if you want me to send it your way sometime.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
If you have a second device you can plug into the PC it would make it easier to grab stuff from YouTube. There are tools to rip youtube videos as MP3's but I found that a lot more time consuming than just playing the audio off my phone and running it into the Aux input on my laptop.

I've got a pretty big collection of stuff all ready to go if you want me to send it your way sometime.
I might hit you up on that if I'm feeling desperate. I'm in a weird place with my workshop edits on whether or not I still want to be subbed to some of them or not so I'm wanting to reorganize some things. I'm in the middle of another game right now so I'm in a fire pro break.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So I just unsubscribed from all of my PS4 CAWs because they'd gotten into a huge mess (and I was doubling up on loads of wrestlers since buying the official NJPW packs). So I'm back to base on console now. Is there a source anywhere that can link me to all the best CAWs for every promotion? Or is it on me to search and pick them all. I'm fine to do that obviously but just checking in case I've missed a really easy way to fill out my rosters.

Damn, this was (obviously) much easier on my Steam version.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
So I just unsubscribed from all of my PS4 CAWs because they'd gotten into a huge mess (and I was doubling up on loads of wrestlers since buying the official NJPW packs). So I'm back to base on console now. Is there a source anywhere that can link me to all the best CAWs for every promotion? Or is it on me to search and pick them all. I'm fine to do that obviously but just checking in case I've missed a really easy way to fill out my rosters.

Damn, this was (obviously) much easier on my Steam version.

I was slowly copying the best versions of each CAW I'd find to my system so I could add theme music and such.

You may be able to access my Favourites list which should be a good starting point with most of the better CAW's I've found listed.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Two of my CAWs on PS4 are greyed out when I try to select them (Yuka and Riho). Why's that?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Two of my CAWs on PS4 are greyed out when I try to select them (Yuka and Riho). Why's that?

I think that usually means they've been assigned an incompatible move.

ie their rating in a certain category (rough, power, whatever) is too low to support a move that was chosen. You can copy wrestler and look at their move list to find the culprit.