• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Still getting used to this. Any advice for the combat? How do I do my finisher?

Also, any ETA on the promoter mode?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's going to be a bit after the release of the game, the devs at CEO told me they had 3 DLC's planned right now.

Combat is timing and learning when you can hit with a strike. Finishers are wrestler dependent. Most standing grapple finishes are down+heavy. Some wrestlers have special finishers- at CEO my Fale KOed Minoru with a Samoan Drop.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So the different camera angle I'm seeing in some videos is a mod right? I hope we get that camera angle in the actual game at some point.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
it's going to be a bit after the release of the game, the devs at CEO told me they had 3 DLC's planned right now.

Combat is timing and learning when you can hit with a strike. Finishers are wrestler dependent. Most standing grapple finishes are down+heavy. Some wrestlers have special finishers- at CEO my Fale KOed Minoru with a Samoan Drop.
I just don't know how to exit the ring or climb turnbuckles etc lol

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
How can I reset the roster? I would like all workshop wrestlers to go back to Retired, and the built in characters to their respective SWA Babyface and SWA Heel group. Thanks

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Will the official NJPW stuff from the PS4 version be added to the PC version? I'm assuming it will but I'd like to be sure.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The price of the PS4 deluxe version. $107 Canadian on PSN store. Ouch. I might have to cancel the Japanese deluxe box set I was planning on getting.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Any word how much it'll cost on the PC side? Would be cool if those of us who were there since early access got a discount of some sort.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I don't think so. The EA was only a discount for the base game, 20$ and not 30$ like now.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the CAWs can be shared between PC/PS4/Xbox? I'm wondering if the stuff already made on the PC side can be shared once the console versions launch. Or if they're going to handled separately?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Do we know if the CAWs can be shared between PC/PS4/Xbox? I'm wondering if the stuff already made on the PC side can be shared once the console versions launch. Or if they're going to handled separately?
There is no Xbox version. I don't think there will be sharing of edits from the PC. The PC uses Steam Workshop for edits and I don't think that can be cross compatible with PS4.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
There is no Xbox version. I don't think there will be sharing of edits from the PC. The PC uses Steam Workshop for edits and I don't think that can be cross compatible with PS4.

That's what I was thinking but didn't know if there was anything official. I'm sure the PS4 community will be on top of things once it's released.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I need this game but not sure which version to get. Base game or the complete edition? Will the extra $40 or so be worth it?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Keep trying, but I just can't get into this game at all :( It's too arcadey for me

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I miss the guy who did the wrestling game reviews for 1up. They were the only ones you could count on. :(

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
https://firepro-w.com/

That is the website the PS4 version connects to. You can interact with it from your web browser now and start upload ring textures, subscribing (download) to wrestler edits or favouriting them to look at later. I guess this will be the same portal we use on the 28th.

You just sign in with your PSN info.

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
https://firepro-w.com/

That is the website the PS4 version connects to. You can interact with it from your web browser now and start upload ring textures, subscribing (download) to wrestler edits or favouriting them to look at later. I guess this will be the same portal we use on the 28th.

You just sign in with your PSN info.

I recognize that I didn't get to see the swath of stuff from the Steam community (since I didn't get a chance to figure out how to get FPW to run on my Mac), but this is SO FREAKING COOL.

WORLDS away from the era of downloading DexDrive saves and whatnot.

I can't wait for the game to hit the US!

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hmm. I am trying to subscribe to all the official NJPW ring parts that Spike put up but now I am getting a Two Many Requests error. I really hope they aren't limiting how many things you can subscribe to in a given day. I will leave it a while and see if it works later.

Edit: It let me subscribe to about a dozen more edits and then gave me a Too Many Requests error again. Seems to time the user out every-so-often if they are subscribing to a lot of items in a row. Also, there is no bulk subscriptions for themed groups of edits like on Steam - that's frustrating. One other thing this is missing is a way to favourite actual creators as well.

Last edited:

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Look like someone named TheAvenger is putting a bunch of ring edits up for the PS4 version. I assume that's Avenger23 from Steam. Hopefully he is going to be making some wrestler edits as well.

English version stream:

Last edited:

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Great news!

I'll wait to know the details about the Promoter to buy the Season Pass.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who used to spend the summer entering wrestlers manually into 6MS, this just sounds amazing.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm hearing the Japanese release is having issues. Anyone know what they are?
I have heard about crashing. Not sure what the cause is. Also, there is some slowdown with 8-man matches. It doesn't look like its getting that bad but it should definitely be running better.

The devs are aware of the issues AFAIK. Seems like optimization struggles for a small dev team. They have delayed the NJPW DLC for the PC version so maybe they are focusing resources on fixing up the PS4 issues.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I did some more reading and there may be a game breaking save bug that is causing an uproar in Japan. The devs are aware but I have no idea if it will be patched before the US release.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
The game is all preloaded now on my PS4. Got two back to back work functions Tuesday and Wednesday so the wait is gonna be tough.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's out now. I will need to wait until late tonight to play it. Hope someone uploads video of the themes. Curious to see what they are like.

Patch released this morning for PS4.

Translated notes:

Release of patch 1.04
2018-08-28 13: 54: 00

Regarding PlayStation® 4 "Fire Pro-Wrestling World", update data was delivered.
I am sorry to have kept you waiting very much. Although we are sorry to trouble you,
please apply update data.

With patch 1.04 we will update below.

■ Update contents
· Correspond to symptoms where saved data is damaged
· Reduction of symptoms that petit freezes during offline game correspondence
· Partial voice playback error correction on technical equipment screen Correspondence
· Corresponding to the above correction · Edit · Subscribe number We limit the upper limit as follows.
Wrestler: 1000 people
Referee: 30 people
Ring texture: 100 sheets
Edit ring: 100 pieces
Edit band: 50 pieces
Edit group: 200 pieces
Edit corps: 700 pieces
※ The upper limit will be increased with future updates

■ Supplemental
【Patch If you can not start up later, you can not successfully subscribe]
Please try booting with the saved data you backed up.
If it still can not be started, please try deleting save data though it is a little unreasonable.

[When a message stating that the maximum number of items has been reached is displayed] If you
do not do it, you can not create new items or register new subscribers.
If you would like to create a new item or register a new subscribe, I'm very sorry, but please adjust the number of each item in the following way.

【How to delete save data】
1. Confirm that Fipro World is finished
2. Select Settings> Application Save Data Management> Save Data of Main Storage> Delete and delete data of Fire Pro-Wrestling World in PS 4 menu
. Confirm that the latest patch 1.04 is installed
4. Activate the Fipro World

【How to adjust the edit upper limit】
1. Create mode> FPW NET> Uninstall items
2. Create mode> Delete items in various edits Delete
* Unlocking subscriptions only from Create mode> FPW NET> FPW NET> will not automatically update the item contents, but items will not be updated in the game It will remain.

Last edited:

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, Fighting Road mode calls Yuji Nagata "Maybach Blue Justice".

He only ever used that name a handful of times in 2015 when teaming with Maybach Taniguchi in NOAH. However for some reason that's the first thing listed under his "Ring Names" section on Wikipedia. Whoever was doing the translating for Fighting Road seems to have been given inadequate notes and had to do their own research, and thought that because that's what was listed first, that must be his "main" nickname (also they seem to have confused "Ring Name" for "nickname").